The McSparklesons are BACK and they are CRUISIN! COMPLETE 10/4

Awesome post! Those pics of the beach have me dreaming! Only 7 months until we're there! We're debating excursions right now. I'm leaning toward the Orient Beach party with lunch included. We're traveling with my parents and dear sweet papa is not so flexible.

If i tell him there's food included, it keeps the bear happy. But I do want to hit the shops to get that yummy guavaberry rum! pirate:

Love the Von Trapps! It makes you wonder if mom is running around behind them all the time with a lint roller and a swiffer duster to capture any mess?

We'd be the table too where DS is belching and DH is doing the belly scratch while examining his belly button lint!:laughing:

Needless to say we don't get dressed up very often!

Glad you're back! Keep 'em coming!

Yay! An update - two in one month ;)

Loving the Von Trapp family although I am a little disappointed that their outfits weren't made out of the lovely flowery curtains from their stateroom (or hotel). After all, even the Animator's Palette servers wear outfits made from my curtains....

Cruiseandcurtains073.jpg

:rotfl:

Love the photos of you all enjoying the beach and the sea. Can't wait to read more (by the way, less than 3 months till my cruise - any chance you might have finished by then) ;)

Spooky I'm sure I've seen those curtains recently. :thumbsup2

Definantly made my mine up to visit the BBB, what say you Joh?

OK, who am I kidding? I loved this family!!!! They were well behaved, handsome, and provided some quality entertainment as I sat with my unmatched, stringy haired, smelly, belching family. And as they all posed lovingly for photos, I smiled sweetly as Jeff looked at Ally and said, "pull my finger." Ah, memories.....

Hehehe! :rotfl:

Oh silly mother of Wicket...... I'm not REALLY 29.... only in my head. Or I guess I could say I'm 29 for the nth time......... :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

Let's just say I saw The Beatles in concert when I was slip of a teen. So that puts me as having that birthdate first! I used to be able to claim 29 & be believable! That ship has done sailed! :thumbsup2

That is too funny!:lmao: I thought about them maybe doing like a "flashmob" like in the videos where they just start dancing in the middle of a public place.

LOL! Love the eyeroll! :rotfl2: Clearly Ally is impressed with your obsession.

Welcome to my life, Steve. I am eyerolled every day now...... :sad2:

Awesome post! Those pics of the beach have me dreaming! Only 7 months until we're there! We're debating excursions right now. I'm leaning toward the Orient Beach party with lunch included. We're traveling with my parents and dear sweet papa is not so flexible.

If i tell him there's food included, it keeps the bear happy. But I do want to hit the shops to get that yummy guavaberry rum! pirate:

Love the Von Trapps! It makes you wonder if mom is running around behind them all the time with a lint roller and a swiffer duster to capture any mess?

We'd be the table too where DS is belching and DH is doing the belly scratch while examining his belly button lint!:laughing:

Needless to say we don't get dressed up very often!

Glad you're back! Keep 'em coming!

When you get off in the port, go straight ahead and too the left. They were advertising a coconut smoothie, and that's where they had the guavaberry coladas.... mouth watering right now.

If you have a long stop in St Maarten, and I believe it is..... do the excursion to Orient Bay, it really is beautiful. But hopefully they will get you back in time for a little time to yourselves, and then wander over to Phillipsburg.

Spooky I'm sure I've seen those curtains recently. :thumbsup2

Definantly made my mine up to visit the BBB, what say you Joh?

Mmmm hmmmm.......

I forgot to mention the scratching. I'm sure my family was scratching, too.

Oh silly mother of Wicket...... I'm not REALLY 29.... only in my head. Or I guess I could say I'm 29 for the nth time......... :rolleyes1

Let's just say I saw The Beatles in concert when I was slip of a teen. So that puts me as having that birthdate first! I used to be able to claim 29 & be believable! That ship has done sailed! :thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

OK, you win! I shall share my birthday with the mother of Wicket!

That is too funny!:lmao: I thought about them maybe doing like a "flashmob" like in the videos where they just start dancing in the middle of a public place.

If they were flash mob dancing, it would definitely have been a waltz. Or maybe they would have broken out with, "So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye......" and twirled their way out of the Blue Female Dog Bar. Now THAT would have been worthy of a youtube video!!!!! :worship:

Loving the report and pics and videos. You know everytime when I dropped DD off at pre-school, I always wondered how these other moms could look so perfect at 7:30am. I have resigned myself to the fact that my family will NEVER be the Von Trapp family (lolol) but we are oh so special in our own little ways, eye rolling and MOMMMMMM!!! attitude and all:-):thumbsup2

Do you also get the "snort" thing? It goes with the eye rolling . Good thing we love 'em!:hug:

Oh yeah!!!! And it IS a good thing we love 'em cause we don't always like 'em! :rotfl2:

Loving the report and pics and videos. You know everytime when I dropped DD off at pre-school, I always wondered how these other moms could look so perfect at 7:30am. I have resigned myself to the fact that my family will NEVER be the Von Trapp family (lolol) but we are oh so special in our own little ways, eye rolling and MOMMMMMM!!! attitude and all:-):thumbsup2

They are fakes. No other explanation for it.

Hey, I warned you that I had a lot more time on my hands now!

After gathering up our things, hosing the oil off our bodies, we began the trek back to the parking lot. And I really think that if Ally and I had walked back to the ship, we could have beat Jeff driving....... But since we had to return the Jeep......

But first, Ally had to make a pit stop. No. She could not wait. Unlike the Von Trapp kids who could oh so gracefully just squeeze their legs together until they came upon a respectable ladies room.

Not my child. She had to go. NOW!

So I see a sign that said "Public Restoom." Cha ching!!!! Right?

WRONG!!!!

First of all, there was a woman standing out front, holding a basket, asking for "donations." Well, the donation I WANTED to leave her may have been inappropriate. So we left $1. To pee.

In Phillispburg you can lay on the beach for free. But it will cost you $1 to pee.

When in all actuality she should have paid US to use these facilities!!!

When we walked into the "cave" the ceiling were no higher than 7 feet. Maybe lower.

And twisting and turning through a maze, a very dark and gloomy maze, depsite the white painted walls.

To see this ahead of us. A hole in the wall. With bars on the door......

ImportedPhotos00410.jpg

I had no idea that we really WERE with Pirates IN the Caribbean!!!! And that is where they were going to toss us!!!! All because I made a little fun of a perfect family!!!! Oh, Von Trapps I'm so sorry!!! I take it all back.... well, maybe not ALL of it.....

Oh what would my family think!!! I don't wanna go to pirate jail!!!! And to think what they would do to a McSparkleson in the pokey!!!! NOOOOO!

I didn't even see a dog roaming around with the keys (cause dogs like me so I could've coaxed him over I'm sure!).

But alas, the "ladies" room was just before the slammer on the left. So in we ducked........

And surprisingly, it was fairly clean. Or at least squat worthy..... Cause you know there are some that aren't even that clean. You are afraid of what might jump up on you if you even come close, right????

Which reminds me, I need to clean my bathrooms today. But I digress.....

And of course, Ally decided to get her money's worth. Because I waited. And paced. And waited. And paced.

To this day I have no idea what that child did in there, and I don't really want to know. But I think she left a little McSparkleson behind in St Maarten......

Finally out of the brigg, not to look back......

ImportedPhotos00409.jpg

We came out and Jeff was like, "Seriously? I was about to come in after you but I was afraid what THAT would have cost me to enter!"

We got back to drop off the Jeep and then walked around the port area for a little while. Pretty soon the bottom fell out of the sky, but luckily we were right near a guavaberry hut, so.......

ImportedPhotos00416.jpg

Nope. Didn't even notice the rain. What rain?

We trotted down the pier to board the Magic, barely noticing the drizzle that was still falling, and off to get ready for Pirate Night. For which I came very ready.

Of course I did. I'm a McSparkleson! We wrote the boy scout manual!!!!

But first, up on deck for sail away. I. Love. Sail Away! No matter where we were, I loved watching the ship oh so slowly pull away from the dock and slowly move back out into the sea. It was a very calming feeling.

It's like when you are leaving a packed sports stadium and everyone is pushing and shoving, and then suddenly you get to your car get on the freeway and you feel like you have all the room in the world.

It's like that. Sort of. Only the other ships in port aren't really pushing and shoving (cause that would be a BAD thing!), and once you get out to sea you don't see any other ships (try that on a city freeway - with your car, not a ship, cause I would certainly hope there are no ships on a city freeway!). Wait. Now I'm confused.......

Oh yeah, sail away.

ImportedPhotos00417.jpg

And for some reason, it looks like the sun just went down REALLY fast. And it may have. I know those guavaberry coladas went down fast. Maybe there is a connection?

ImportedPhotos00420.jpg

ImportedPhotos00419.jpg

After we waved goodbye to St Maarten, and it really was kind of sad, because who knows when we will be back, we headed back to our cabin to get ready for Pirate Night. Aarrgghh!

Now remember, we be pirates, so you MUST talk like a pirate now. K?

Ta da!!!!

ImportedPhotos00435.jpg

Well shiver me timbers! Me thinks that son of a biscuit eater Jeff don't be likin his new pirate duds!

ImportedPhotos00430.jpg

ImportedPhotos00433.jpg

ImportedPhotos00431.jpg

Tonight there was no show, just a movie, so we took our time getting ready. And you thought we just popped out of the shower looking all pirate like? No, that took some work!

And just when we thought we had it all together, Jeff decided to head back to the cabin to grab a drink.

Well, blow me down! Who is that standing up on thar balcony???

It's that ole scaliwag Captain Jack Sparrow...... :love:

C'mon Ally, let's goooooooo!

While waiting in line, I kept adjusting myself here and there. Ally was so afraid I would embarass her because she knows how much I LOVE me some Capt Jack!

And of course, being a Mcsparkleson...... I did not disappoint.

K: Captain Jack! Do you remember me? We shared a moment. Magic Kingdom? 2008? Pirate and Princess party? Remember?
CJ (slurring): Ah, yes..... vaguely.
K: It was a beautiful moment. Just you, and me. And the thousands of others you saw that night. But I'm sure you remember me, right?
CJ (slurring): Mmmm hmmmm. How bout a photo to commemorate that night.....
K: Well certainly! Can my daughter join us?
Ally (arms crossed, frown on face): Gee thanks.
CJ (slurring and eyeing my drink): Is that rum?
K: Well yes it is. Rum and diet coke!
CJ: Well, off with you now.....
K: I'll wait for you when the ship docks!!!!! Bye Captain Jack!
Ally: Mama, Let's GO!

ImportedPhotos00421.jpg

I'm not sure, but there may have been applause from the rest in line. I know the CM with CJ really enjoyed it......

Ally, however, did NOT enjoy it. As soon as she saw Jeff, she ran up to him and proclaimed that I was no longer her mother. She had disowned me.

Then while standing in line for photos with Mickey (my other :love:), I kept waving up to Capt Jack, who was still doing meet and greet right near the railing upstairs.

I think he moved over so he could watch me. He was jealous. Of Jeff. And Mickey. I'm sure of it.

Jeff then pointed to me. Pushed me away, and mouthed, "you can have her."

See? There was no need for a show this night when the McSparklesons were on board. We entertained all.

ImportedPhotos00423.jpg

Have I mentioned before how much I loved the characters? How intimate the meet and greets are (not intimate enough with CJ, if ya know what I mean!)? Here was Stitch, never one of my favorites, but I loved him on this cruise!

ImportedPhotos00426.jpg

ImportedPhotos00428.jpg

He played with Ally for the longest time!!!! She was cracking up!

And then of course, there was "HER." She keeps trying to move in, doesn't she.....

ImportedPhotos00438.jpg

HA! I didn't see Captain Jack waving to HER!!!! :snooty:

Up next..... good eats on Pirate Night!

But first, Ally had to make a pit stop. No. She could not wait. Unlike the Von Trapp kids who could oh so gracefully just squeeze their legs together until they came upon a respectable ladies room.

Not my child. She had to go. NOW!

My little girl (also an Ally by the way, though sometimes Al or the full on ALLISON!!! when she has really pushed me to the edge) once made us stop 20 minutes from home on the busiest parkway near us so that she could make me take her to the yuckiest Port-A-Potty ever! I held that child in my arms in a squat position two feet above the seat, it was that bad. I still think she would have been better off if I had let her pee her pants and then just deal with the mess at home.

I'm not sure, but there may have been applause from the rest in line. I know the CM with CJ really enjoyed it......

I know I just did! Bravo to you! :cheer2:

I'm with Ally - when ya gotta go, ya gotta go ;) I know all about unexpected pitstops (had one of my own on the way to our cruise back in 2009) - now that made for an amusing tale in the trippy, I can tell you :rotfl:

Love your pirate garb - particularly your sateen blouson. You all look spectaculaaarrrr :thumbsup2

And I'm liking the looky of the guavaberry colada too :thumbsup2

I never understand families, or people in general who can stay clean. Dirt jumps on me and my kids. And those families look good IF they break a sweat. I look...disgusting.

Just found your trip report today and read the whole thing...who needed to clean the house? Not me...I'd rather read your hilarious Dream trip!!!! :happytv: Loving every moment! Can't wait for more!!!! :cool1:

I love your pirate outfits! Did you make them yourself?

Funny story. When we lived in Florida, I had a 4 night Wonder cruise booked for Feb, 2010. I cancelled it right before I had to make final payment because we were concerned we "might" get transferred. Long story short. We did get transferred, but I made us all dress as pirates for Halloween in 2009 because then we could use the costumes for our cruise. So it may have taken us an extra 2 years, but we still got to use the costumes!!!!

My little girl (also an Ally by the way, though sometimes Al or the full on ALLISON!!! when she has really pushed me to the edge) once made us stop 20 minutes from home on the busiest parkway near us so that she could make me take her to the yuckiest Port-A-Potty ever! I held that child in my arms in a squat position two feet above the seat, it was that bad. I still think she would have been better off if I had let her pee her pants and then just deal with the mess at home.

I know I just did! Bravo to you! :cheer2:

Ewwww! I think that is why women have such strong thigh muscles. It's not from squats in the gym (what's a gym? :confused3) - it's from real life squats!!!!!!

Oh I so agree :thumbsup2. What is up with 10 year olds???

Loved your costumes.

I swear, Ally can go from the sweetest child ever to the devil in 30 seconds!!!! It just takes one look, or that tone. Oh, that tone!!!!!!!!! :headache:

I'm with Ally - when ya gotta go, ya gotta go ;) I know all about unexpected pitstops (had one of my own on the way to our cruise back in 2009) - now that made for an amusing tale in the trippy, I can tell you :rotfl:

Love your pirate garb - particularly your sateen blouson. You all look spectaculaaarrrr :thumbsup2

And I'm liking the looky of the guavaberry colada too :thumbsup2

If you like the look of the colada, you should taste it!!!!! Sweet and Creamy deliciousness!!!!!!!

I think we all have stories of pit stops...... kind of goes with the whole walking up hill to AND from school.... in the snow..... in July.

I never understand families, or people in general who can stay clean. Dirt jumps on me and my kids. And those families look good IF they break a sweat. I look...disgusting.

They "glow" - we just sweat.

Just found your trip report today and read the whole thing...who needed to clean the house? Not me...I'd rather read your hilarious Dream trip!!!! :happytv: Loving every moment! Can't wait for more!!!! :cool1:

What is this thing you call "clean house?" Never heard of it...... :rolleyes1

I am so right there with you on Stitch! Have never been a big fan of his (other than when he TP'd the castle), but loved him on our cruise. Odd, isn't it?

If they would have started singing I think I would have thrown myself over the balcony!!! They were too perfect already!!!

That can't be your birthday because it's MY birthday!!! My 29th this year..... again.....:rolleyes1

Oh, I saw their vests change color, I was asking if your curtains changed colors! :rotfl:

Oh Tammie, there are so many things I thought I would be or not be. You know that child throwing the tantrum at the entrance of the grocery store? I swore "MY child will never do that...." and then I remember when Ally turned 3 she became "that child." But it seems that I turned into all the things I swore I never would, and yet I never became the person I swore I would.... hmmmm, how does that happen???? :confused3

Nice wide beach, not crowded at all (but I think only 3 or 4 ships in port this day.....), free, and lots to do right there. Murkiness was definitely not good. But after the Von Trapps I couldn't stand a perfect beach anyway!!!! :rotfl2:

It's funny how understanding we can be when it has happened to us!:goodvibes

I say we just start our own Nose Picker Society and let them sing off into the sunset!:hippie:

:rotfl2:

OK, you win! I shall share my birthday with the mother of Wicket!

If they were flash mob dancing, it would definitely have been a waltz. Or maybe they would have broken out with, "So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye......" and twirled their way out of the Blue Female Dog Bar. Now THAT would have been worthy of a youtube video!!!!! :worship:

:worship::worship:

Oh yeah!!!! And it IS a good thing we love 'em cause we don't always like 'em! :rotfl2:

They are fakes. No other explanation for it.

Yeah, that's it. Fakes. ::yes:: Maybe they escaped from Celebration, which I swear is the real Stepford Wives

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter