The McSparklesons are BACK and they are CRUISIN! COMPLETE 10/4

IXNAYED! I got ixnayed on McSparkleson!!!! Have they no sense of the McSparkleson spirit? How could they BOTH say no???? There's no ixnaying a McSparkleson!!!!!

....to be continued......

It would seem some are more McSparkly than others in your house....:rolleyes1

okay then go with griswolds....i could list a million of them but this is family show....LOL

okay then go with griswolds....i could list a million of them but this is family show....LOL

Laura! I'm :rotfl: That would even be better - Kara to get them back for their Non-sparkly attitudes, Don't say anything to Jeff and Ally, just get ahead of them, and tell the CMs your names are Griswold!!! :lmao:

Now I have a dilemma. I've been reading that when your family is announced, you can choose any name you want. So why would we NOT want to be introduced as the ....... wait for it......

MCSPARKLESONS!!!!

Ally has vetoed it already. Vehemently, I might add. But I'm seriously thinking that it has a nice ring to it........

So I need to know, McSparklesons? Or real name?

IXNAYED! I got ixnayed on McSparkleson!!!! Have they no sense of the McSparkleson spirit? How could they BOTH say no???? There's no ixnaying a McSparkleson!!!!!

....to be continued......

Seriously, it needs to be the McSParklesons. Threaten Ally. Tell her you will slip them a $50 to play Bon Jovi while you are introduced and that you and Jeff will headbang and sing WORSE than the car ride. I'd bet she would switch her vote. :rotfl2:

The McSparklesons is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unique in cute. You have to do it! :worship:

It would seem some are more McSparkly than others in your house....:rolleyes1

Why yes, yes I am.......

And while not as McSparkly, Griswolds certainly would fit our family too..... we even have a Cousin Eddie....on Jeff's side of course.....:rolleyes1
Laura! I'm :rotfl: That would even be better - Kara to get them back for their Non-sparkly attitudes, Don't say anything to Jeff and Ally, just get ahead of them, and tell the CMs your names are Griswold!!! :lmao:

Now that is an option.....
Seriously, it needs to be the McSParklesons. Threaten Ally. Tell her you will slip them a $50 to play Bon Jovi while you are introduced and that you and Jeff will headbang and sing WORSE than the car ride. I'd bet she would switch her vote. :rotfl2:

The McSparklesons is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unique in cute. You have to do it! :worship:

Oh my. That would up her therapy by at least a year, but would be soooo worth it!!! I'm thinking a little Bohemian Rhapsody, Waynes World style, would certainly have her on a therapist's couch by the time she's a teenager......

Actually, the reason McSparklesons is out is that Jeff doesn't want to be all sparkly. I'm thinking his tip toe shoes won't be very comfortable for our introduction..... ;)

This sounds like a hoot to follow..:rotfl2:
I can't wait to hear your updates!
Have a safe and magical trip!pixiedust:
Michelle

Y'all flying or driving? We'll be there pretty early at the hotel. We're taking the train overnight, getting in at about 10am I think it is on the 25th. We're renting a car so not doing the shuttle like we'd thought. Hubby is dropping us off at the port with luggage, etc. then taking rental car back. Then he's taking the car rental shuttle to meet up with us. Can't wait until all the logistics is over and we're kicking back with a drink o' the day. :thumbsup2

We are driving in on Friday - sadly Fridays are very busy days for Jeff at work so I don't know that he will be able to get out of there by 1. I'm thinking we will be on the road by 2 and we're looking at about an 8 hour drive. Our original plan was to stay with friends in Jacksonville, but it's cheaper to stay at the Radisson and park for free than to pay to park at the port, so we are seeing all our Jax friends on that Saturday we get back instead. So we probably won't be in before 10...... But that might be best anyway, the more tired I am when we get there, the easier I can sleep hopefully. Otherwise I will be like a little kid and won't sleep a wind that night!!! Either way I'm sure I'll be up no later than 6am, even though our shuttle doesn't leave until 10am!!!

cant wait to here!!!

That makes 2 of us!!!! Four if you count Jeff and Ally, and I'm sure they're are a little nervous. Mommy can be a loose cannon at times, so who knows what she'll do!!! :rotfl2: There's also the Snoresalot family. After all, I accuse Jeff of snoring all the time, yet when he's out of town Ally tells me that I snore. Now, I do not believe it for a second..... :snooty:

This sounds like a hoot to follow..:rotfl2:
I can't wait to hear your updates!
Have a safe and magical trip!pixiedust:
Michelle

Oh we will be hootin, that's for sure!!! :lmao: We've had some crazy Disney adventures over the years, but this will be our first on the high seas so who knows what will happen!!!

16 DAYS!!!!!! :cool1:

I am seriously stressing right now!!! I've been waiting for one of the DIS designers to get back to me with a design she was working on for my FE gifts, and she's not responding!!! She sent me the rough draft and then when I PM'd her my final list of names, she stopped replying. I'm worried about her, thinking something has happened...... And of course scrambling now to figure out what to do for my gifts!!!!

Luckily, I PM'd another designer who seems to have saved the day!!!!! Thank you jordak!!!!! And tjbaggot, hope everything is okay! :goodvibes

However, this has prompted me to try my hand at my OWN designs and they look pretty good! Just something else Disney related to keep me from working during the day, right? :lmao: But for anyone who is interested, I followed the instructions that one of the designers posted in the Creative Disigns thread, on how to personalize designs using Word, and it works great!!!! I may be doing my own scrapbook pages this way!!!

I tried to post what I did, but I can't figure out how to upload a word document.....

AND, last night was Fashion Show Part 1. I tried on all my shorts/skirts/dresses from last year. :scared1: So do you think I can drop 20 lbs in the next 15 days???? :lmao: Actually, it's so funny how the body changes. I'm at my heaviest weight ever, yet things fit that didn't fit before because everything seems to have, er, uh, shifted? From what I am hearing though, I just don't need that many shorts, right? We have 3 days at sea so I've got my swim suit cover ups to wear around the ship during the day over my suit, and then my dinner clothes. I've got a couple skorts for the islands, and then comfy clothes to bum around CC. Am I right????? Or will I want to change after dinner each night? We have the late dinner seating.......

Right now I have 5 pairs of capris can be dressed up or down, 3 skorts, 3 shorts, 2 pool coverups, swimsuits, 5 casual dresses for dinner, 2 dressy dresses, a couple of sweaters, one sweatshirt just in case.....pirate clothes........

I bought my "formal" dress for $20 when it was 75% off at Dillards!! Cha ching!!!! Love when that happens! It's a royal blue Calvin Klein halter style that falls just above the knee. And funny that Ally chose a royal blue long gown that I found online, customer made for her size for ..... $19.99 - double cha ching!!!!!! We both found some strappy silver SPARKLY sandals for dress up, because, well........... :rolleyes1 Yes, we will be SPARKLY!!!!!!

Then semi formal night I'm wearing black, Ally is wearing A gorgous black/cream gown that "spins" for her. Nothing better than a little girl twirling a big skirt!!!!

And for Palo, I'm wearing a dress I have had for YEARS that I still love and just never get to wear (and it FITS!!!!).

Just got Ally and I some comfy flops last night, new brand competing with Rainbows, that are made out of yoga mats!!!! A bazillion times more comfortable than rainbows!...... so I'm trying to consolidate shoes..... hoping to just bring sneakers, dressy heels, not so dressy heels, flats, 17 pairs of flops (more or less.....)....... the crocs are staying at home this trip, although they seemed so sad last night when they were left behind in the closet...... it's like they were calling out to me, "but we're doing Disney!!!, you ALWAYS take us to Disney!!!"......but they are just too big to pack and I don't think I'll need walking shoes like that. If so, the sneakers will suffice......

Aside from her dinner clothes, Ally will be packed very comfortable this trip. I have a feeling she will want to hang with her new BFFs in the kids club, so there's no point in dressing her "cute" each day when she'll just want to be comfortable. So sad that my baby is growing out of that stage. In previous Disney trips, I've coordinated our outfits for each day so that we don't all clash in photos, but I'm thinking those days are gone..... :sad2:

And Stein Mart had the best selection of dresses for any ocassion - formal, semi, casual...... LOVE Stein Mart!!!! And jewelry? Ladies, if you need great costume jewelry CHEAP, hit Stein Mart!!!! I got the cutest SPARKLY earrings there.......... of course I did......;)

Jeff has a new suit, shirts, 3 ties........ and shorts and shirts. It's soooo easy for men to pack, right??????

And..... THE PASSPORT ARRIVED YESTERDAY!!!!!! Along with the new social security card, and the duplicate birth certificate! So Jeff will be well documented. So for all of you who were starting to pack, thinking you might be taking Jeff's place, I'm so very sorry. It's not you, it's.... well, you get the idea.

no wonder you were freaking out...the passports just got there...aghhh. Sounds like you will be well dressed. I assume you each have a steamer trunk? You should see the load I am bringing with me on this trip. My car may bottom out. I know they have stores in GA but My girls want to bring EVERYTHING they own with them. See I can't bring them on a cruise they'd sink the ship with all of their stuff.

overloaded-car.jpg

I think you have a great packing list - especially the SPARKLY shoes:woohoo:

You will probably want to change after dress-up dinners for trivia, dancing, etc. in the bars, but I'm sure you will have a under-used capri/shirt combo from the day you can slip into. If you want to eat lunch at Lumiere's or Parrot Cay, you will probably want to get dressed, although there were a few people who wore cover-ups in there. Just don't try what the Brazilian lady did, and show up in your Thong suit for lunch - they kick you out!:lmao:

I hope you will come and sail on my TR, too - it will be fun to compare notes!

no wonder you were freaking out...the passports just got there...aghhh. Sounds like you will be well dressed. I assume you each have a steamer trunk? You should see the load I am bringing with me on this trip. My car may bottom out. I know they have stores in GA but My girls want to bring EVERYTHING they own with them. See I can't bring them on a cruise they'd sink the ship with all of their stuff.

overloaded-car.jpg

Now THAT is funny!!!! When will I see you next week?

I think you have a great packing list - especially the SPARKLY shoes:woohoo:

You will probably want to change after dress-up dinners for trivia, dancing, etc. in the bars, but I'm sure you will have a under-used capri/shirt combo from the day you can slip into. If you want to eat lunch at Lumiere's or Parrot Cay, you will probably want to get dressed, although there were a few people who wore cover-ups in there. Just don't try what the Brazilian lady did, and show up in your Thong suit for lunch - they kick you out!:lmao:

I hope you will come and sail on my TR, too - it will be fun to compare notes!

Tammie, you ruin ALL my fun!!!! I had Jeff's suit all ready to go, too!!! :rotfl2: Was this on a DCL cruise, or another line? Cause knowing Disney they will just smile and look the other way..... :sad2: Cracks me up that people really believe they can get away with that!!!!

Now THAT is funny!!!! When will I see you next week?

Tammie, you ruin ALL my fun!!!! I had Jeff's suit all ready to go, too!!! :rotfl2: Was this on a DCL cruise, or another line? Cause knowing Disney they will just smile and look the other way..... :sad2: Cracks me up that people really believe they can get away with that!!!!

Oh No - Disney is a family cruise! I think RCCL would have looked the other way! :rotfl: It was on the Magic in Lumiere's! She ruined my appetite at Serenity Bay, so it was nice to see her turned away from Lumieres! :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2 on the passport!!

I am seriously thinking that with all the :rolleyes: and the (insert snoring smiley here that I could have sworn I'd seen before and can't find now) I'm pretty sure our husbands were separated at birth. ;)

Man, I am seriously earning this vacation this week. More school drama now making me even MORE glad it is thisclose to the cruise!!!!!!

Oh and I went snap crazy on our local Ross's (Dress-for-Less)...just FYI in case you wind up going shopping again before the cruise. They have a crazy good deal going on for dresses and dressy shirts aka "shirts that might have been a dress maybe 300 cupcakes ago and so now I am turning into a dressy shirt over jeans" outfit....:rotfl:

After a LONG absence from the DIS, I am so excited to find a TR from my fave poster karajeboo! :cheer2: Your TR's always made me laugh. You may not remember, but I'm the one that sorta gave you a hard time when you had just moved to FL and were afraid of all of the creepy-crawlies we have. Sorry to hear you had to move!

I'm definitely on board for this TR! I wish I was going to be on board the ship, too. I can't wait to do a Disney cruise!

After a LONG absence from the DIS, I am so excited to find a TR from my fave poster karajeboo! :cheer2: Your TR's always made me laugh. You may not remember, but I'm the one that sorta gave you a hard time when you had just moved to FL and were afraid of all of the creepy-crawlies we have. Sorry to hear you had to move!

I'm definitely on board for this TR! I wish I was going to be on board the ship, too. I can't wait to do a Disney cruise!

I'm not Kara, but I remember you! As soon as I saw your screen name, I thought, "Oh, that's the bug lady!" :lmao:

I'm not Kara, but I remember you! As soon as I saw your screen name, I thought, "Oh, that's the bug lady!" :lmao:

I'm the bug lady?! :rotfl: I can't even really remember what I wrote back then! Is it because I really hated bugs? Which I still really, really do! Anywhos, it is good to be back on the boards after such a long hiatus. Did I miss anything interesting? :goodvibes

Welcome back! I don't really remember what you said for sure, I just remember that the topic was bugs snakes!:rotfl: Of course, I remember Kara had new "friends" in her porch every day and Bucky was always working hard to protect her!

What's new? Hmmm, Kara has the most news, so I'll let her update you! This will definitely be a fun trip with the McSparklesons!!!

:thumbsup2 on the passport!!

I am seriously thinking that with all the :rolleyes: and the (insert snoring smiley here that I could have sworn I'd seen before and can't find now) I'm pretty sure our husbands were separated at birth. ;)

Man, I am seriously earning this vacation this week. More school drama now making me even MORE glad it is thisclose to the cruise!!!!!!

Oh and I went snap crazy on our local Ross's (Dress-for-Less)...just FYI in case you wind up going shopping again before the cruise. They have a crazy good deal going on for dresses and dressy shirts aka "shirts that might have been a dress maybe 300 cupcakes ago and so now I am turning into a dressy shirt over jeans" outfit....:rotfl:

Brothers from other mothers!!!!!! :rotfl2:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Just now when I was scanning the thread and saw your name I remembered you before I even read what you wrote!!! Oh, its terrible that we had to move! I miss Florida soooooo bad! And of course, you are right.... we had a terrible time adjusting, but now I "get it." I "get" why people who go to Florida never move back!!!! I miss it all, even the creepy crawlies.... well, some of them. I don't miss the HUGE water moccasin I had in my driveway one night..... And I don't miss banana spiders!!!! :scared1:

You didn't miss much exciting though. It might smell better in Jacksonville though now that we're gone! :lmao: Actually, I haven't been on the DIS nearly as much as I was when I lived there. I think it's because I know I'm not going to be making those quick trips to WDW and I'm so sad! But when I convinced Jeff to do a cruise, I've been on every day getting tips for the trip! And I do love to write a fun trip report so here I am!!! So glad you found me!
[/FONT]

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

This will definitely be a fun trip with the McSparklesons!!!

I sure hope so!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter