The March 2014 Thread!!!!

Hi!! We are considering a March stay in 2014 - I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with! We were originally going to plan for the last couple day of May through the first few days of June, or anytime within the first 2 weeks of June (we will stay around a week). Now it turns out my step sister is getting married in early August -yay- but that will be a trip on itself. I'm not sure if I want to plan two week long vacations in a 2 mon time period (our summers are always so busy with other activities too). So I started looking at spring break - which for us will be March 24-28, so we would probably go the 22-29. I am worried about the crowds, though! We went last year n April (the week after Easter - t immediately following) and I was pleasantly surprised, but will March be much more crowded?

So far the pros for March is not as hot, we dont have as long to wait! pros for May/June - less expensive and potentially less crowds, more time for the new Snow White ride to possibly be ready. I would love any input - thanks!!

I would love to join this thread!! We are coming in March for sure...just debating on the first week or waiting till later in the month! We would like to see the Flower and Garden Festival! Cant wait though...I got all excited when I saw this thread....also debating renting DVC point, or either staying at CBR or pop. Planning is half the fun!!!!

Would love to be added to the list!

We are seriously thinking of booking our first ever trip for our son's 2nd birthday (March 7-11, hopefully staying at POR). Both my DH and I are newbies and have never been to the parks, and we couldn't think of a better reason to go than to celebrate our little guy's birthday!

We'd be driving in from Nebraska. Yeah, we like road trips. :thumbsup2

Really looking forward to seeing the rates posted on the website!

Glad to see a March 2014 thread. We will be there March 1st thru 8th. We are hoping for some sort of discount. If not, we may try to rent DVC points this go around. Either way, I am already counting down the days and my spreadsheet is made!

We are going in March too! Can't wait! Our dates are March 7-15. Still undecided about where to stay though. Maybe AOA.

Does anyone know when we can start booking for March? I'm sure we have to wait until they jack up the prices for the next year but not sure when that will be. I think we'll go ahead and put down the payment for our trip so we can make dining reservations at 180 days out, and then cross my fingers for free dining!!

I booked my room only today and the guy said the packages will be available late August and I could just switch right over, no problem. But if you leave a deposit, at least the room is secure.

Please add me March 1-6 at POFQ!! Mother daughter trip with my 12 year old (her idea!! Can't wait!!)

Please add us! We will be there Feb 27 - March 6! We will be celebrating the birthdays of both of sweet grandsons!
Hoping for a good deal on a cabin :)

How are we thinking crowds will be the first week of March? Fine? I think Easter is in April next year.

I booked my room only today and the guy said the packages will be available late August and I could just switch right over, no problem. But if you leave a deposit, at least the room is secure.

Please add me March 1-6 at POFQ!! Mother daughter trip with my 12 year old (her idea!! Can't wait!!)

Just as an FYI so you're not shocked when you call - they will refund the deposit on your room only and you'll need to put down a new $200 depos. They can't transfer between the two :thumbsup2

How are we thinking crowds will be the first week of March? Fine? I think Easter is in April next year.

Just as an FYI so you're not shocked when you call - they will refund the deposit on your room only and you'll need to put down a new $200 depos. They can't transfer between the two :thumbsup2

I think the first week will be heavier than usual because of Mard Gras during that week.

It will probably be a little busy due to people like me dodging Mardi Gras! A lot of school districts over here in Southeast Louisiana take off that whole week so it makes it a great time to go without having to pull kids out of school.

It will probably be a little busy due to people like me dodging Mardi Gras! A lot of school districts over here in Southeast Louisiana take off that whole week so it makes it a great time to go without having to pull kids out of school.

Or like us from Southwest Louisiana who also run away!!! See you there!

Spending time on the DIS! Seriously, I think I enjoy planning the trip almost as much as being there :)

We will be at the POR 1-8 March! We will be visiting WDW with my wonderful in-laws. This is my DD's first trip and my step-son's second trip. I am in the Army and am currently deployed so we are really looking forward to this vacation and spending quality time together. I like to pour over the details of our vacation, it's a good mental distraction.

We are all from Southeast Louisiana, we too will be dodging Mardi Gras. I hope to be able to take my DD to a few calm parades but want to avoid the madness of Mardi Gras week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter