The Many Adventures of Ed & Annie Show cruising Nov.2012! This year on our show...

puente0629

DIS Veteran
So I thought you guys can follow me on my planning adventures as well, I honestly didn't know where to post it as we are splitting our trip with a 4-night disney cruise and a 4-night disney resort stay. I figure I can post two PTR. One here and one at the Disney Trip Resorts thread.

:mic:...we will be cruising the high seas on the Disney Dream and exploring the World in a 4-night stay at Animal Kingdom Villas on November 10-19, 2012! Jambo everyone! :wave2:

:welcome: to our our sitcom, we joke that our life together is not short of a TV show. We are a little nutty:hyper:which comes from growing up with a crazy clan of Puerto Ricans and Cubans:rotfl2:. But enough about us, let's talk about me! My name is Annie (27) and I am a die hard fan of everything Disney! I've written only one PTR (so bare with me if I totally suck at this :rotfl:) and that was for our Disney Wedding, which you are more then welcomed to check out (click on the link way below). I have gone to Disney at least 30 times (I've gone at the least once a year since I was 1). I was born and raised in Miami, FL but have recently moved to Elgin, IL with my wonderful hubby who I will introduce to you later. Basically, I decided to write this as not to drive my wonderful husband crazy with my obsessive nature for everything Disney. Here's a some pictures of me at our Disney wedding...
26513.jpg

23016-1.jpg

Now, on to my hubby...his name is Ed and he indulges me in all my Disney craziness (even buying into DVC, which we both love and can't recommend enough)! He has been to Disney twice before we were married but it wasn't until we met that he really embraced the Disney magic. We were married in 6/2007 in Indiana (civil union) and on 1/11/11 we were able to have a wedding celebration at the Walt Disney World Resort with family and friends.:offtopic: We also will be celebrating our 5 yr anniversary on this trip. DH was born and raised in Indiana but moved to Florida 8 yrs ago and now he lives in sunny Elgin, IL (yea, right:rolleyes2) for a job offer. Here's DH in all his glory...
21096.jpg

wedding48.jpg

wedding14-1.jpg

Also, joining us for a small portion of our trip (3-nights of our 4-night resort stay) will be my parents! DH and I love hanging out my parents, DH adores them as do they and we always all have a great time. My parents have been feeding my addiction of Disney since I was one and they usually join us every chance they get. Here's a pic of my wonderful parents...
wedding11-1.jpg

So here goes the actual planning...we have been back and forth between Disney combo trips. For example, a 3-night Disney Dream cruise w/ a 6-night Disney Resort stay or 9-night Disney Resort stay, etc or a 7-night cruise on the Disney Fantasy. Took us a couple of months but we finally decided that a 4 night cruise with a 4 night resort stay would be perfect for us. We would have the benefits of the parks and the cruise. We will be arriving at Disney Nov. 10 which we will take the ME to Animal Kingdom Villas (using our DVC points) where we will stay in a Savanna view room. The next day we take the DCL bus to Port Canaveral for our 4-night cruise in a Standard inside stateroom (which we booked using points for one ticket and the other cash) on the Dream. When we arrived back on Nov. 15 we will head back to the Animal Kingdom Resort for our 4-night stay (also booked using points). That unfortunately will conclude our Disney portion of our trip :sad: but we still have another week of vacation that we will be spending with my family for Thanksgiving in Miami.

We are still debating on some things, like the resort we are staying prior to the cruise and if we should take the DCL bus or rent a car for one night, etc. But little by little the trip will come together, if it's the last thing I do...uhh not literally, of course.

So, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy my PTR! Please feel free to ask anything you want, about DVC, our trip planning or even about our Disney wedding.

I'll leave you now with some of our wedding/vacation pics...

26850.jpg
22923.jpg
22613.jpg
21313.jpg
22888.jpg
wedding21.jpg
IMG_1011.jpg
IMG_0687.jpg
IMG_0623.jpg

Well, I'll just keep it coming...

This is our current Itinerary:

Saturday, Nov. 10 - Arrive at MCO, check-in @ AKV
Sunday, Nov. 11 - Depart on DCL bus and arrive at Port Canaveral for our 4-night Disney Dream cruise
Monday, Nov. 12 - Bahamas Day, stay on cruise ship and enjoy amenities
Tuesday, Nov. 13 - Castaway Cay
Wednesday, Nov. 14 - Dat at Sea
Thursday, Nov. 15 - Depart on DCL bus, arrive back at AKV for our 4-night resort stay, Theme Park?
Friday, Nov. 16 - Theme Park or pool day? Parents arrive at night
Saturday, Nov. 17 - Theme Park or pool day?
Sunday, Nov. 18 - Theme Park or pool day?
Monday, Nov. 19 - Depart with my parents to head down to MIA for a week to celebrate Thanksgiving!

As you can see we haven't really planned out our days very well, it will be probably be another couple of months before we actually narrow it down. I keep checking the touring plans to see what the crowd level is going to be for those days. But it confuses me even more, parents would want to do MK and Epcot with us but we also love AK and HS, plus we want to enjoy the resort. Oh well, I'm sure we can figure it out next month as my parents are coming up for a visit!!!

Now for the cruise part of our trip, we really want to make reservations for Palo or Remy or both but are are worried about missing one of the restaurants we would like to experience. What would you guys recommend? The DCL supposedly doesn't get there until 1 or later and I'm scared Palo and Remy will get booked by that time. Any advice?

Stay tuned, The Ed & Annie show will be back after these messages...

Hi Annie! I remember reading your wedding report - everything was so beautiful :) I'll join in on this report too - DCL and AKL sound great to me!

Hi Annie! I remember reading your wedding report - everything was so beautiful :) I'll join in on this report too - DCL and AKL sound great to me!

I remember you as well! :thumbsup2 Loved your MK shoot, it's my only regret not be able to take pictures inside one of the theme parks. Oh and thanks for commenting, figured no one was interested lol:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter