The Magic The Memories and THOSE people! An Aug PTR **GOING EARLY!!!**

We did Fantasmic in 2008 and haven't done it since. Like you, I don't think it's worth the hassle. We avoid the park on those days, but I am considering doing it again.

It is so tough to try and fit in the shows isn't it? Lights, Motors, Action is worth it if you haven't done it yet.

I would like to try the Animation Studio this time too. I keep reading about it, but never have done it. As much as I love Walt, I've never done One Man's Dream either. (is that what it's called, maybe that's how you get to Animation Studio!) :rotfl: I'm ashamed that there is something I don't know, but I'll be sure to fix that!

Backlot Tour - we like doing this. I'd describe it but don't want to spoil it for you either. I don't remember what it used to be like. We keep thinking we are confusing it with something from Universal, but if there was an earthquake, maybe it was this. Anyway, no earthquake now. There are small explosions and water... and you ride past where they make costumes and props. Bonus if they are practicing for Lights, Motors, Action when you are on the ride/tram part.

I also have a habit of still referring to it as MGM! I have no idea why, but every time I see the abbreviation "HS" I think "High School" :rotfl:

We didn't get to see L!M!A! on our first trip... so I made sure we did last year, mostly for DH. But I was pleasantly surprised at how much we all enjoyed the show.

I think Fantasmic! is one of those things where people love it or hate it. Maybe "hate" is too strong of a word, but I personally will not do it again. We did F! on our first trip (back in 2007). In my opinion, it's not that great of a show... especially not one worth waiting over an hour for (which we did, as I wanted to be sure we got seats). I also didn't like how there's just one way into the theater... meaning there's just one way out. Once the show was over, I had a mild panic attack trying to keep track of DH and our two DDs (who were just 4 and 6 at the time) amongst the massive crowd! :scared1:

To those of us who were die-hards before they changed the name, it will always be MGM lol

I will say a few things about some of the attractions:
- The LMA show is really fun, and your boys would probably enjoy it, so I would say to give it a shot if you have the time.
- I did the Art of Disney Animation for the first time on my last trip (bad, bad I know lol) and it was fantastic! We loved it, and I am definitely going back on my next trip. If your son likes to draw, he should really enjoy this one!
- I also do not watch or care about American Idol, so we don't even consider going.
- Sounds Dangerous is something that we have done, and it was fun, but it isn't a 'must-do' for us. The fun part was at the end where you could test things out to try and make sound effects (such as a horse galloping).

Btw, love the stitch picture!:goodvibes

Beebee - I followed the link in your signature to your youtube video! Fantastic video! I cant believe you only have 19 views! How do you put it together? I have a macbook pro (I want a video - said in a whiney voice - - :rotfl:) Truly, magical imho - - I was listening to the radio - Rosie O'donnel now that I think of it, she was saying she was obsessed about recording everything, that she thinks she is missing the real life stuff, always looking thru camera lens, but then, you capture that moment - you found a GREAT balance - I loved the character interactions - wish I had done some of that!

Plus I have all these scan disc of our trips, DD has grown up - I should do something for me and put together a movie! Thank you for sharing that! It truly is beautiful!!

MGM were you ever on a bus when a driver said "MGM = Mickey's Got your Money" :rotfl2: Yep, hard for us not to remember that - we were at a marathon weekend on a boat from Boardwalk to MGM - oops its now Studios... we laughed every time they made that mistake!

Lights Studio Action sure your boys will enjoy it - as long as its not 110 degrees - that's why we've never seen it - we'll watch Indy Jones since its at least in shade!

Beauty I just love Broadway Musical shows - and cant afford them, so going to these - I'm in awe of the talent of the Cast Members... but we dont wait in line - we get in at the last and always find a seat... oh, we get those lemonade chill things to eat, so its a good place to sit and eat the ices!!

Animation Air Conditioning!! :cheer2: we do it every year, sometimes twice, DD does enjoy drawing, we bought one of the "how to books" and it kept her entertained at our TS reservation places! a pad of paper, pencil, eraser, and the how to draw books!! Plus there used to be character meets there - I have a picture of me and a Rat!! :love:

Voyage of Mermaid :rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

Backlot Tour if it fits in your schedule, it can be fun - one side you get really wet - but mostly its not as entertaining as it once was (where they filmed some shows - all gone now) DD enjoys it tho!

Fantasmic The worst part is the wait, we just dont want to sit on one of the last sections (crowds make me really nervous, and its a HUGE CROWD) so we do the Fantasmic Package - so when its over, we can leave in the first waves of people! But, its truly amazing how they've put together that show - and they hawk way too many products, and its way expensive food... but you're sitting there, so we buy something, and I bring stuff - plus dh is entertaining!! :rotfl:

Backlot Tour - we like doing this. I'd describe it but don't want to spoil it for you either. I don't remember what it used to be like. We keep thinking we are confusing it with something from Universal, but if there was an earthquake, maybe it was this. Anyway, no earthquake now. There are small explosions and water... and you ride past where they make costumes and props. Bonus if they are practicing for Lights, Motors, Action when you are on the ride/tram part.

Maybe I am mixing up something at Universal, I can never remember where Earthquake was and I remember Twister (from the movie) being a ride too. Could have been Universal.

I think Fantasmic! is one of those things where people love it or hate it. Maybe "hate" is too strong of a word, but I personally will not do it again. We did F! on our first trip (back in 2007). In my opinion, it's not that great of a show... especially not one worth waiting over an hour for (which we did, as I wanted to be sure we got seats). I also didn't like how there's just one way into the theater... meaning there's just one way out. Once the show was over, I had a mild panic attack trying to keep track of DH and our two DDs (who were just 4 and 6 at the time) amongst the massive crowd! :scared1:

DH hates crowds too and I did watch it on YouTube just to see if I thought it would be worth the hassle and I didn't really get too excited by it. I'm sure it's great in person, but not for the hassle involved.

Btw, love the stitch picture!:goodvibes

Thanks! It was the only "magic" picture from Photopass that worked out.

Beebee - I followed the link in your signature to your youtube video! Fantastic video! I cant believe you only have 19 views! How do you put it together? I have a macbook pro (I want a video - said in a whiney voice - - :rotfl:) Truly, magical imho - - I was listening to the radio - Rosie O'donnel now that I think of it, she was saying she was obsessed about recording everything, that she thinks she is missing the real life stuff, always looking thru camera lens, but then, you capture that moment - you found a GREAT balance - I loved the character interactions - wish I had done some of that!

Plus I have all these scan disc of our trips, DD has grown up - I should do something for me and put together a movie! Thank you for sharing that! It truly is beautiful!!

:welcome: and thanks. I did that video in my FlipShare software I believe. It kinda just puts everything together for you for the most part. That was my little 1 song synopsis of the trip to share with everyone. I have a DVD with longer videos I put together of the trip for us. A song for each park with the videos and pictures and Wishes and another one for the resort. It's about 15 minutes long total. I bought Roxio DVD software for that and it works great and is really easy to use. Organize everything and add your music in. Hardest part is getting the music lined up right when you have multiple songs and themes going on.

I sometimes feel like I see everything through a lens trying to capture the moments. But, the moment doesn't last long so if you do capture it, you get to relive it over and over again. I loved my Flip cam, it's not the best, can't zoom much etc...but it's simple and easy and tiny and I don't have to be looking at the screen to get good video. I took the video of the AK parade holding it up in the air over peoples heads aimed down and it came out fine.

You should put together a video, it's so much fun to watch afterwards! You should have some good built in software on a MacBook Pro? Wish I had a Mac!

I am right there with you about Sounds Dangerous. :confused3 I don't get it.

And Beauty and the Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid have been skipped after the first time I saw them because they're just like the movies! Why waste the time when I can go home and watch the exact same thing on tv? :happytv: That's why I like FOTLK and Nemo so much over at AK. At least they changed things to keep it interesting and engaging!

Let me know what you think about Star Tours (there's a certain boy in my life really excited for the grand reopening :ewok:)! And don't worry, I HATE American Idol too!

Thanks! It was the only "magic" picture from Photopass that worked out.

I sometimes feel like I see everything through a lens trying to capture the moments. But, the moment doesn't last long so if you do capture it, you get to relive it over and over again.

If you have more "magic" pictures that don't have the "magic" added next time, give Photopass a call. I did, and they added the magic into the pictures for me then.

I'm another one always looking through the lens/screen. I try to just hold it in the right spot, and then instead of looking through the camera, I watch it myself, glancing at the camera once in a while, to be sure I'm not chopping off heads or something. :laughing: That's my attempt at not living through the lens!

I love having the memories. I have a digital photo frame on my desk that is a nonstop slideshow of pictures, mostly Disney of course! So I get to relive those memories everyday! Really should get some of the many videos onto DVD though. Add that to my list, with the scrapbooking... :sad2:

Stopping over from my PTR...

Fantasmic is on our to-do list this year, but like you, I am a little worried it's going to be a big let-down. Too much work for too little pay out. Hopefully we'll both love it!

Our biggest to-do list comes out of DHS (I call it MGM too!) as well.

I just can't wait to get back to the MK - that's my favorite (although i do love Epcot too!).

I am right there with you about Sounds Dangerous. :confused3 I don't get it.

And Beauty and the Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid have been skipped after the first time I saw them because they're just like the movies! Why waste the time when I can go home and watch the exact same thing on tv? :happytv: That's why I like FOTLK and Nemo so much over at AK. At least they changed things to keep it interesting and engaging!

Let me know what you think about Star Tours (there's a certain boy in my life really excited for the grand reopening :ewok:)! And don't worry, I HATE American Idol too!

Yes, my little guy is a Yoda freak! He wanted to find Yoda at DHS last summer and was disappointed when we could hear his voice during the Jedi Training, but couldn't see him. I told him I didn't think Yoda came outside, but he kept asking. He bought a giant Yoda at the store and we had it sent to the resort. He was constantly asking for it and you don't get it till the next day when you do that. Bit of a pain explaining he had to wait till tomorrow night, he was so happy when he finally got it. We rode Star Tours twice during those last few days it was open. Can't wait to see the changes to it, from what I see posted on the boards, it's pretty awesome. Excuse the fuzzy picture, iPhone photo in a dark room.

photo8-1.jpg

If you have more "magic" pictures that don't have the "magic" added next time, give Photopass a call. I did, and they added the magic into the pictures for me then.

Good tips. Honestly I'm not sure we had taken any other "magic" pictures. I thought we had, but am not sure. Will have to get more this trip.

Stopping over from my PTR...

Fantasmic is on our to-do list this year, but like you, I am a little worried it's going to be a big let-down. Too much work for too little pay out. Hopefully we'll both love it!

Our biggest to-do list comes out of DHS (I call it MGM too!) as well.

I just can't wait to get back to the MK - that's my favorite (although i do love Epcot too!).

:welcome: MK's our fav too, but this year in looking at things, seems there is a lot to do at DHS just because I know LMA and the Animation class will take some time. But we will skip Indy this time and Muppet Vision and probably not wait for the Buzz&Woody meet & greet in Andy's room either. Unless the kids really want to do any of those things.

:woohoo::woohoo: DOUBLE DIGITS :woohoo::woohoo:

99 days from today!!! :cheer2: We finally made it to the double digits :dance3:

Last year we didn't book till May 23, so we were already within the time frame, but this year we booked in February. It's been a long wait in a way, but then again, it's gone by pretty fast.

Double digits, woohoo! :woohoo:

I think I'm at 103 days... so not long before I'll be in double digits, too!

So we had a movie night last night. I didn't go all out on the theme, but we did have spaghetti and meatballs and then gathered up all the stuffed pooches in the house and watched Lady and the Tramp. Kids loved it!

Now we are ready to have dinner at Tony's our first night. :) Although, I was looking at the menus, and I kinda like the lunch menu options better than dinner :confused:

tonys.jpg

I hadn't seen this in forever, but it's one of my fav Disney movies. :lovestruc

Cute Lady and the Tramp Collage!!

We ate at Tony's for the first time on our last trip, and we both really enjoyed it, but we did go at lunch, so I can't really help you there. Hopefully everyone in your family will find something that they like!

LOVE YODA!!!!

The collage is great - of course I love Lady and the Tramp... its special for dh and I, when we first dated I thought to buy a stuffed Lady and Tramp - I gave him Lady to take to college to remind him of me, and I kept Tramp - we're married going on 30 years in August... still love lady and tramp! :lovestruc

Honestly - we ate at Tony's just because we hadnt tried it before - we had hope to be able to sit to watch Electric Parade - but they were not very magical that trip - our server was so rude! Our dinners came out missing sides (the table next to ours had the sides :confused3) So not sure how your experience will be, but just remember - you are in DISNEY!! :woohoo: I mean really, a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work!! :dance3:

couldnt find any pictures to help jog my memory!

We're just under 100 days, too. I know what you mean. It does feel like we've been planning forever! :lmao:
Too funny about the Yoda! my parents bought my kids hats last time and it was very hard to explain the 2 day wait.

Amanda

It's been forever since I've seen "Lady and the Tramp." My dd and I were just talking this morning about our favorite Disney movie - "Emperor's New Groove" - we love that one - and quote from it all the time (especially "No touchie!"). There should totally be a ride and a restaurant dedicated to that movie! :thumbsup2

LOVE YODA!!!!

The collage is great - of course I love Lady and the Tramp... its special for dh and I, when we first dated I thought to buy a stuffed Lady and Tramp - I gave him Lady to take to college to remind him of me, and I kept Tramp - we're married going on 30 years in August... still love lady and tramp! :lovestruc

Honestly - we ate at Tony's just because we hadn't tried it before - we had hope to be able to sit to watch Electric Parade - but they were not very magical that trip - our server was so rude! Our dinners came out missing sides (the table next to ours had the sides :confused3) So not sure how your experience will be, but just remember - you are in DISNEY!! :woohoo: I mean really, a bad day at Disney is better than a good day at work!! :dance3:

couldnt find any pictures to help jog my memory!

That's sad :sad2: you didn't have a magical experience at Tony's. We'll be happy regardless, we'll be at Disney! What a sweet college sweetheart story and 30 years :goodvibes Today is our 13th anniversary!

It's been forever since I've seen "Lady and the Tramp." My dd and I were just talking this morning about our favorite Disney movie - "Emperor's New Groove" - we love that one - and quote from it all the time (especially "No touchie!"). There should totally be a ride and a restaurant dedicated to that movie! :thumbsup2

Is it sad and pathetic I've never even heard of this "Emperor's New Groove" movie? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter