The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's a Bermuda itinerary. Have you been reading about the mess at Heritage Wharf? That it may not be ready on time for the Breakaway's first cruise to Bermuda, and there are rumors of tendering or a change in itinerary? I have zero interest in tendering on a ship that huge, but our final payment is due within in a day or two and we already secured that week of vacation. I will certainly report back on how it goes!

Oh! The maiden voyage! Glad you liked the food on the Spirit. Please, please give new a quick rundown of what you thought of Breakaway when you get back! Enjoy!

No, it's only a one day cruise. But i will take a lot of picture's

Glad to hear you liked NCL; we're doing Alaska this fall on the Pearl, which will be our first cruise with that line. I'm not crazy about all the upcharges, but I'm looking forward to trying something new. DCL was just out of our price range for this route :crazy2:.

DD Jess inherited my allergy to mornings and has worked various overnight shifts for the past five years. Now she does four l-o-n-g nights a week, then tries to keep a more "normal" schedule (gotta have that social life ;)) on her days off. I don't know how she does it, but I guess it's youth :goodvibes. I worked 11pm-7am for just over a year when she was little, but I could never do it again :sad2:. I consider myself lucky to work mostly 10am-6pm shifts...not too early, not too late. DH used to have to get up before 5am every day; retirement has made him a very happy man!

We're also going to do this summer Alaska but we go whit disney.

disdel said:
We carry one now as well. It's better than the "show" we see of frantic folks huddled in a corner redistributing stuff.
I understand the grossly overweight issues, there are proven savings in workers comp claims from strains, etc. But 2 pounds? When it's either going in a pocket or a different bag, so the total is still going aboard? Beauracrats exercising the "power, IMHO.

Being a retired airline employee maybe I can clarify for you the weight restrictions. As you said, it's going in a different bag, same total is still going onboard. That is true, however, if that agent is being monitored, and oh yes you better believe they are, and you let that go it could be a very costly mistake on your ( agent) part. You can be written up for not following the rules or in some cases more action could be taken. So don't think there was any "power" struggle going on just sayin.

.like them all. Now I have to choose. I have 3 days to decide.
Thanks Claire.
:thumbsup2

Thanks Claire for all your hard work.

I finally voted..

Where do I get my button that says "I Voted!"? (Do you guys do that in the UK?)
!

Is there an I voted sticker???;)

Just got home from work, need to have lunch/dinner and play with the cat as she is running all over the place..
Then off to book hotels for drive to WDW in 2 weeks..( spring break for #2) so we will pick him up in Champaign and drive to WDW from there..

BTW can I wear my Mistresss of All Evil t-shirt that I got at MK for the Soccerer game for Villians night with a jacket snd capri's??

thedonduck said:
Our DD is 1 (will be almost 3 on cruise) and her name is Elliot. She loves all things pretty at the moment and is fascinated by the princesses! :princess:This will be her 1st cruise (sadly Disney doesn't count cruises while in-utero because she would at least have a silver status!!!).

Hopefully my DD Sabrina and Elliott can be buddies...I haven't seen many little girls on this cruise yet. She will be almost two on the cruise ( her bday is 9/26) :)

Helenr said:
Please could you add my to the list of those on this cruise.

I'm Helen and I'm travelling with my Daughter Fallon who will be 2. My DH doesn't know his work commitments yet, so he's booked on the cruise but may not be able to join us.

We're in room 6616.

Looking forward to meeting people, especially those travelling with little ones like me.

Hi Helen,
My daughter Sabrina will be almost 2 on the cruise (her birthday is just a few days later!) looking forward to meeting you and Fallon!

Did you know there is an actual affliction called Shift Work Disorder? I didn't know it was labeled and recognized!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_work_sleep_disorder

What the article fails to mention is that shifted tours also wreak havoc on your metabolism.

QUOTE]

That article was great!! Explains me perfectly. When I started nursing 15 years ago, I only worked 8hr nights. And it was either steady nights, or sometimes 8hr evening shifts.

But since I became a paramedic 10 years ago, I now jump back and forth weekly between 12 hr day and nights shifts. It is extremely difficult. And no matter how much I sleep, sometimes I just feel like I am never sleeping enough......

It was so much easier when I was younger....once I hit that 30 mark and older, I'm finding it more and more difficult. If ONLY I could straight days...

I voted! I had such a difficult time deciding as there two I liked. Of course another one is much more popular, but I don't mind as it was my second choice!

I know, I think I sat at the computer staring at the choices for a good 5 minutes:confused3 I was torn between 2 as well....I'm glad that the obviously popular one is my second choice:thumbsup2

Being a retired airline employee maybe I can clarify for you the weight restrictions. As you said, it's going in a different bag, same total is still going onboard. That is true, however, if that agent is being monitored, and oh yes you better believe they are, and you let that go it could be a very costly mistake on your ( agent) part. You can be written up for not following the rules or in some cases more action could be taken. So don't think there was any "power" struggle going on just sayin.

My apologies, Evelyn, on how that came across. I worked in all three NYC airports, (JFK, LGA, EWR), and have many friends all across the industry, and know what you are saying. I've seen Station Managers written up for extending even a small courtesy that was second-guessed by a bean-counter. I've watched the whole deterioration over the years, and been mortified at how some of my friends have been treated by "management". "Management" is what generates that bureaucratic mindset.
Again, my apologies, and I hope we get to have some interesting conversations aboard

Regards, Ken

Hey folks! I thought i was early signing up but see that there is a full community established. I wish i signed up last week because the price jumped $500. Argh.

We just got our 2 week fix in December on the eastbound Panama Canal so totally looking forward to this.

It will be me and my hubby only. Leaving the boys at home who will be in middle school then. This will be our 8th cruise by then. I do have two cruises scheduled as of now (sept DVC member cruise and the Thanksgiving West Caribbean on the Fantasy). Who knows what could happen tween now and then. :-)

Would love to sign up for FE.

See yall soon.

Nat

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My apologies, Evelyn, on how that came across. I worked in all three NYC airports, (JFK, LGA, EWR), and have many friends all across the industry, and know what you are saying. I've seen Station Managers written up for extending even a small courtesy that was second-guessed by a bean-counter. I've watched the whole deterioration over the years, and been mortified at how some of my friends have been treated by "management". "Management" is what generates that bureaucratic mindset.
Again, my apologies, and I hope we get to have some interesting conversations aboard

Regards, Ken

Apology excepted, I did not mean to get on my "soapbox", I know that so many airlines are charging for every little thing and it can be overkill. I was very fortunate to have worked for Southwest Airlines and "bags fly free" :lmao::lmao: I am sure we can commiserate on experiences. :cool1::cool1:

We enjoyed sailing through the Panama Canal on the Norwegian Pearl, which is a beautiful ship. We previously sailed through the PC (twice on DCL, and once on Celebrity).

We did not find the upcharges any more bothersome than on other cruise lines. The crew will offer specialty coffees, drinks of the day, bingo, bottled water to take off the ship, photos, and upcharge restaurants -- just like DCL. Just decide for yourself where to spend your money.

On this 14-night cruise, our shipboard charges totaled $88 for the two of us (not including daily gratuities). This included dinners for two at four specialty restaurants.

The cruise fare for 14-nights was incredibly low: $847 pp for an oceanview cabin (+ tax and port fees).
Thanks for sharing! We're all looking forward to this cruise anyway, but the more I see of the Pearl, the more I like it. The rates are definitely reasonable; DD and her friend are sharing an oceanview for $946 pp, incl all taxes, fees and prepaid gratuities. We're in a concierge cabin, also for a much better rate that DCL's. But you have to love the repositioning cruises....phenomenal rates on every line!

I'm Helen and I'm travelling with my Daughter Fallon who will be 2. My DH doesn't know his work commitments yet, so he's booked on the cruise but may not be able to join us.

We're in room 6616.

Looking forward to meeting people, especially those travelling with little ones like me.
No little ones anymore, but we're just down the hall in 6612. :wave2:Hi Neighbor!

We carry one now as well. It's better than the "show" we see of frantic folks huddled in a corner redistributing stuff.
My mother is famous for having one bag with 70lbs and one with 30....she can't quite grasp the weight limits :scratchin. We have learned to check her luggage before a flight, or else she would be the frantic one doing the airport shuffle! We always carry a scale ::yes::.

We're also going to do this summer Alaska but we go whit disney.
I'm sure we'll both have an amazing time :cool1::cool1::cool1:!
Hey folks! I thought i was early signing up but see that there is a full community established. I wish i signed up last week because the price jumped $500. Argh.

We just got our 2 week fix in December on the eastbound Panama Canal so totally looking forward to this. Nat
What category jumped??

Glad you're joining us. The PC was amazing, wasn't it? It's hard to do less than a 14-day anymore, but almost any cruise is better than no cruise :goodvibes.

One more for the roll call: DD Jess is definitely joining us. :cheer2::banana::cool1::yay::woohoo: Yes, this makes me very happy! She's my drink-of-the-day and tastings buddy.....;)

So I come onto here, hoping there would be lots of chatter. But nothing!! I hope you are all having a great sleep while I work my night shift:). Look forward to catching up when I wake up later today.

So I come onto here, hoping there would be lots of chatter. But nothing!! I hope you are all having a great sleep while I work my night shift:). Look forward to catching up when I wake up later today.

Good morning! It's 3:25 am here and I've been up for an hour....

Maybe we can start a mini-group for us sleep shifters. Like the Champagne Girls, but with insomnia ... Think the Magic would mind finding us a place to meet at 3am?

AlexandNessa said:
Good morning! It's 3:25 am here and I've been up for an hour....

Maybe we can start a mini-group for us sleep shifters. Like the Champagne Girls, but with insomnia ... Think the Magic would mind finding us a place to meet at 3am?

I think that would be a great idea!!! A support group for us WBTA cruisers suffering from night shift insomnia:)

I think that would be a great idea!!! A support group for us WBTA cruisers suffering from night shift insomnia:)

Yes! At least we'd have some company. Plus, an hour back for 6 nights throws me off too.

I'm seriously considering going to the grocery store right now....

Thanks for sharing! We're all looking forward to this cruise anyway, but the more I see of the Pearl, the more I like it. The rates are definitely reasonable; DD and her friend are sharing an oceanview for $946 pp, incl all taxes, fees and prepaid gratuities. We're in a concierge cabin, also for a much better rate that DCL's. But you have to love the repositioning cruises....phenomenal rates on every line!

Enjoyed cruising with NCL. I only missed the disney atmosphere and the family feeling. And on our ship we found the activities less there was not much organized.

But the price difference is quite a lot, so I would definitely consider ncl. And the shows are really good at the theater. And if you like it do the backstage tour for $ 55 it's great.:thumbsup2

Is there anyone here that has the thimble from the Disney Dream, and wants to sell it?

I collect thimbles, and i have seen them on a site but they don't send them to Europe.

Thanks,
Connie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter