The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We've been toying with booking this cruise when on the ship in June. But the announcement of the upgrades might mean a price rise so we've booked!! Well, I've booked one of our rooms for DH and our three boys who will be 12, 14 & 16 at the time of sailing. DD needs a HA room and there is only concierge available so we're going to sit and wait. We'll book that in June to get the OBC if we have to.

This looks like a really active group, so just waving hi :wave2: and subbing in. We're preempting the post holiday blues after June! Still busy planning that one, but it feels great to have another in the works for next year!!

Welcome aboard!! You can always check when you are on board and if prices haven't gone up cancel your current booking and book a new reservation getting you the 10% off and the OBC.

I was curious if anyone had checked to see if the prices for this cruise had gone up since the Magic Refurbishment announcement was made last week? My friends are considering going on this trip and I had urged them to leave a deposit (which they of course can move if they decide they cannot go) but I don't think they have.

I was curious if anyone had checked to see if the prices for this cruise had gone up since the Magic Refurbishment announcement was made last week? My friends are considering going on this trip and I had urged them to leave a deposit (which they of course can move if they decide they cannot go) but I don't think they have.

I just checked against our reservation. The fare itself hasn't gone up, but the taxes and fees have gone up a couple of dollars - $13-$14. Interesting.

Decided to finally book this cruise and hopefully meet up with some old friends. Couldn't pass up the refurbed magic before its price skyrockets either.

Thanks for the welcomes!

There are HA rooms in all categories but they have sold out in all except for concierge.

There are HA rooms in all categories aren't there? As mentioned - good idea to book at today's rates. You can always get a refund before the PIF date in non- concierge rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If I book at today's rates and the prices go up and I have to change category, does that price not change to the new inflated price? I have called and talked with DCL about this. They said that the only HA room I can book is the concierge right now. They also said that I can't wait list for a lower HA room if it becomes available. But if I booked the concierge I can check myself and downgrade if a lower HA room becomes available as long as its before the concierge PIF date. They said the deposit can be transferred to another room or cruise but never refunded. I'm ok with that, I just want my vacation to be comfortable for DD & myself.

:welcome:

I agree with everyone else - book now, even if it's a regular room. I got caught by a massive price increase because I didn't book when this first came out. Then, when you're on your cruise in June, go to the booking desk and ask if you can cancel and re-book right there to get the deposit discount & OBC. If the prices have gone up, you can decide if it's worth it to re-book or stay with what you have. Shouldn't be a problem, since it will be before the PIF date. Can you call DCL and ask about a HA room? Maybe they can upgrade someone who has one booked but doesn't need it to free one up for you. Just a thought.

Prices look the pretty much the same for the rooms that I've been stalking :)

Could you please add us to the list of cruisers. This is our first Disney cruise and my first experience with a discussion board so not really sure what I'm doing! Following what I see as what other people list, I would say "Ruth and DH Dave". Is that what you need?

Hi Ruth - welcome aboard to our wonderful cruise thread. You are doing fine.... So much to read and catch up on, but you do have plenty of time!

Could you please add us to the list of cruisers. This is our first Disney cruise and my first experience with a discussion board so not really sure what I'm doing! Following what I see as what other people list, I would say "Ruth and DH Dave". Is that what you need?

WELCOME RUTH AND DAVE

LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU NEXT YEAR.

We are a busy group which went haywire when the cruise was announced as a lot of us sailed together on the WBTA in 2011 and some of the group had met on previous WBTA too.

Things have quietened down a bit lately but do read page one to see what things we have been getting up to to while away the time. We also have a facebook page if you are on FB.

Happy reading and again....WELCOME:banana:

I guess I forgot my whole introduction...
I'm Lauren and will be cruising with DH James, DD Lorelei 5 at that time, DS Jameson who will turn 2 on this cruise. So excited to do the WBTA again. We did the one in 2011 and had a blast. We're getting ready to leave this weekend for the Panama Canal cruise. I'm very excited to start planning this when we get back. Can't believe how fast this thread is moving!

Decided to finally book this cruise and hopefully meet up with some old friends. Couldn't pass up the refurbed magic before its price skyrockets either.

Hey, a familiar face from the WBPC thread! :goodvibes See you on the Wonder next week!

:wave: Hello new members of this cruise thread!

I bet many people will want to go on the Magic now to see the changes and updates. For a repo cruise this one seems to be selling quite well.

Welcome aboard!!

I'm Lauren and will be cruising with DH James, DD Lorelei 5 at that time, DS Jameson who will turn 2 on this cruise. So excited to do the WBTA again. We did the one in 2011 and had a blast. We're getting ready to leave this weekend for the Panama Canal cruise. I'm very excited to start planning this when we get back. Can't believe how fast this thread is moving!

Welcome to the group and have a great WBPC trip!!!

Just to let those of you know, that are not on FB, that Margaret-Dis Name: Magic123 (Norman's wife) has posted, that Norman has succumbed to his illness. Norman was one of those larger than life characters who won't be with us in person on the WBTA 2014, however I am sure he will be there in spirit. I for one will miss the big guy, a day on Jost Van Dyke just won't be the same without the Budgie Smugglers. Our thoughts are with Margaret and his family.

Rest In Peace - Norman

Just to let those of you know, that are not on FB, that Margaret (Norman's wife) has posted, that Norman has succumbed to his illness. Norman was one of those larger than life characters who won't be with us in person on the WBTA 2014, however I am sure he will be there in spirit. I for one will miss the big guy, a day on Jost Van Dyke just won't be the same without the Budgie Smugglers. Our thoughts are with Margaret and his family.

Rest In Peace - Norman

Sorry to see this news. Regards to all the family.

Just to let those of you know, that are not on FB, that Margaret (Norman's wife) has posted, that Norman has succumbed to his illness. Norman was one of those larger than life characters who won't be with us in person on the WBTA 2014, however I am sure he will be there in spirit. I for one will miss the big guy, a day on Jost Van Dyke just won't be the same without the Budgie Smugglers. Our thoughts are with Margaret and his family.

Rest In Peace - Norman

Saw on fb and very sad news..

RIP

Scottishwee35

I wish I am on Panama Canal on 6 May... as some friends I know will be on too...

I did it on May 08 it was awesome..

Enjoy it...

Scottishwee35:thumbsup2

Just to let those of you know, that are not on FB, that Margaret-Dis Name: Magic123 (Norman's wife) has posted, that Norman has succumbed to his illness. Norman was one of those larger than life characters who won't be with us in person on the WBTA 2014, however I am sure he will be there in spirit. I for one will miss the big guy, a day on Jost Van Dyke just won't be the same without the Budgie Smugglers. Our thoughts are with Margaret and his family.

Rest In Peace - Norman

Such desperately sad news. Norman was a very special man and will be greatly missed. My heart goes out to poor Margaret and her family :hug::hug::hug:

Hi Lauren and James family .... welcome aboard and congratulations on the new baby. :hug::hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter