Mouseketeer
Journey and Day 1

Cast:
Me (28)
DH – Fed (35)
DD – Abigail (3)
DS – Sebastian (2)

Journey
We drove up to France by car on the Sunday and left home at Midday.
While I was doing the last minute packing that morning Abigail informs me that she has a sore throat! When I looked I saw two tonsils the size of golf balls!!! She has tonsillitis again!! Luckily we kept the box from her latest course of antibiotics so Fed was able to run out and get her some more!!
The drive was actually better than I expected, the kids were fantastically behaved and the scenery driving through France was lovely.
P1010213.jpg

We stopped for a couple of breaks but not many, around 6 we stopped to have dinner and ate the worst meal of my life!!!!!!
At about 10.30 we were nearing Paris and so stopped for the night at a Kyriad hotel on the motorway it was a lovely room and best of all not expensive!!

Day 1
We all got up early Kids were so excited about meeting Mickey!! Had breakfast and set off for DLRP. It took another hour and a half but soon we were arriving at the gates of the Cheyenne.
Check in was quick and smooth, we got given our tickets and told to come back after 3.30pm to check in.
We decided to walk to the parks as we had been in the car for so long  when I saw the DLH, I was so excited I started to squeeze Fed’s arm!!! He thought I was crazy!!
P1010228.jpg

P1010229.jpg

First impressions of Main street was exciting I really couldn’t believe I was there!!! We headed straight for Fantasy land and basically walked round taking everything in for a while!
DSC00721.jpg

First stop was for Mickey and Minnie ears!!  then to get fast passes for Peter pan.
DSC00723.jpg

The first “ride” we went on was Alice’s labyrinth as we didn’t fancy queuing as soon as we got there! We made it to the top of the little castle and then got lost in the Labyrinth trying to get out!!!
DSC00735.jpg

Next stop was the tea cups Kids LOVED these and really span us fast!
P1010233.jpg

Abigail wanted to ride Dumbo but Fed was put off by the long queue, so we went on the carousel instead.
After this it was time for peter pan which we all loved.
By now we were all getting hungry so decided to have a walk to the Village, we ate at the Rainforest cafè and were seated by the huge Gorilla, Sebastian didn’t like him too much and he got scared when it stormed!! Abigail loved it all though.
P1010239.jpg

When finished we went back to fantasyland and walked around for a bit as the kids were resting in the Buggy.
When they woke up we went over to watch the Pooh show but instead of it being pooh it was a group of School kids singing! A lot of people got up and walked out when they realised it wasn’t pooh but we stayed till the end (poor kids – the theatre was nearly empty) our two danced in the isle so it wasn’t too bad.

Continued……
Back out into daylight we went for another round of teacups before getting our places for the parade, we were opposite the Bella notte. Parade was great; the kids loved it even if it did start raining half way through!! We were in a great position we were right were the princesses got down to dance, Abigail loved that.
DSC00841.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

When the parade had passed we went on IASW the kids loved this too and the tune is very catchy!! Lol found myself humming it on the way out!!
P1010260.jpg

P1010258.jpg

P1010249.jpg

We then decided to go back to the hotel and check in.
Again check in was quick and we headed to our room, we were on the ground floor and in Annie Oakley building. The room was great, I love how it was all themed right down to the boot lamp! We had a little rest and clean up and then went to the Village to café Mickey’s for dinner.
P1010270.jpg

P1010266.jpg

There was a little wait to get in but not too long, we were seated upstairs. It took ages to order but t didn’t matter as we were enjoying the atmosphere, Abigail was bouncing off the walls!!! we saw so many characters,
P1010324.jpg

P1010287.jpg

Sebastian was a bit scared by them except for Mickey (Mickey is his all time fave character).
P1010321.jpg

P1010317.jpg

P1010318.jpg

Food was ok, not the best we have eaten but it didn’t matter as the character interaction was great, Mr Smee and Goofy danced and played on the tables and Prince John threw our pen on the floor when we asked for his autograph!!
P1010309.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010285.jpg

After a fab first day, which was over way too soon we went back to the room for a good nights sleep.

Lovely first day. One thing about Disney is all the characters have friendly looking eyes. I was just reading a trip report the other day and noticed how all the characters at Universal have demented looking eyes.:)

lovely photo's . thank goodness you spotted the tonsilitus and sorted it :thumbsup2 fab day :goodvibes

What a magical first day of your first trip. so many characters at your meal, how fab.

The drive though France is truly beautiful. We drive to Spain every year and I love looking at all the different countryside

susan

What a great first day, The Maze can be really difficult to get back out of but it's one of those great places to let little one's burn off some energy!

I love the theming at the Cheyenne too, quite possibly the best theamed Hotel in DLRP after the Disneyland Hotel.

Your kids looked like they loved Cafe Mickey...I still haven't been in all my trips but I think we will make up for that in October (if I convince the Wifey to let me book it)

Looking forward to reading more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter