The Lloyd’s – Just Us Two on a Dream Cruise – January 2-6, 2013

Super fun to read - thank you! As I sit in 15degree weather here in New England, I'm "Dream"ing of a caribean vacation!! I'm just thinking 4 nights will not be enough for me!

Super fun to read - thank you! As I sit in 15degree weather here in New England, I'm "Dream"ing of a caribean vacation!! I'm just thinking 4 nights will not be enough for me!

We were worried 4 nights would be too few, but for our first Disney Cruise it was perfect. Did it leave us wanting more? YES! Would I now ever consider a 3-night? Absolutely not! Though I am pining for a 7-night in my lifetime.

...and we're in the teen's also. The saddest part is watching my tan fade back to pasty whiteness. :crazy2:

We were worried 4 nights would be too few, but for our first Disney Cruise it was perfect. Did it leave us wanting more? YES! Would I now ever consider a 3-night? Absolutely not! Though I am pining for a 7-night in my lifetime.

...and we're in the teen's also. The saddest part is watching my tan fade back to pasty whiteness. :crazy2:

The most difficult part for me was on the last night having to pack everything up!! It just confirmed that the cruise was coming to an end too quickly! Four nights was great but the last night felt SO final!!! But yes, now I definitely want to go back!!! Can't wait to book our next cruise!!!

I did an 11 night Med in 2010...I'm spoiled for life now. :)

Jill in CO

The most difficult part for me was on the last night having to pack everything up!! It just confirmed that the cruise was coming to an end too quickly! Four nights was great but the last night felt SO final!!! But yes, now I definitely want to go back!!! Can't wait to book our next cruise!!!

I have planned a few days in the parks after our cruise. I am hoping that it will help to lesson the sad feeling of the cruise being over. I am used to having to leave the parks at the end of vacation, not sure I could handle going home from the ship. I enjoy our children, especially now that they are grown, but I really enjoy our time alone together.

Thank you for sharing! You are so sweet, and funny! My DH and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on the Dream next month so your report was very helpful.

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

I noticed your Tervis mugs. Did you use them at the soda machine on deck, or just in your room? I read that you have to use their little cups and then pour it into your own. Is that correct?

Where did you get the wet suits? Did you bring them from home? We are cruising Feb 6 and I really want to go snorkeling but I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water. If it keeps you warm, I might have to find some for us.

Did you set a time to pick up the snorkeling gear?...or just go when you got ready?

thanks again!
Trena

Loved your trip report, we thinking of taking a 4-day cruise in 2014 for my 30 and we're soaking up as much info as we can (pun intended) as it will be our first ever cruise. Also we're originally from your area albeit across the border in Shawnee, KS.

Thank you for sharing! You are so sweet, and funny! My DH and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on the Dream next month so your report was very helpful.

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

I noticed your Tervis mugs. Did you use them at the soda machine on deck, or just in your room? I read that you have to use their little cups and then pour it into your own. Is that correct?

Where did you get the wet suits? Did you bring them from home? We are cruising Feb 6 and I really want to go snorkeling but I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water. If it keeps you warm, I might have to find some for us.

Did you set a time to pick up the snorkeling gear?...or just go when you got ready?

thanks again!
Trena

Thanks, Trena. We used our Tervis mugs for coffee in the morning in our room, washed them out, and then used them at the drink station during the day. I didn't notice any "soda police" whenever we filled up - you're safe if you use you own.

We got our wet suits at a local dive shop (even in the midwest, you can find local dive shops). I'd suggest you try one on rather than buy online - sizes can vary and we still found our 2.5mm suits for about $75. The wetsuits kept my DW (who does not enjoy anything cold) happy for the hours we were in the water.

We reserved our snorkeling gear at Castaway Cay online before we went, but found it wasn't necessary. There were plenty available all day once we got to the snorkeling lagoon by mid-day.

Loved your trip report, we thinking of taking a 4-day cruise in 2014 for my 30 and we're soaking up as much info as we can (pun intended) as it will be our first ever cruise. Also we're originally from your area albeit across the border in Shawnee, KS.

If you're like us, it's Disney who will be "soaking up" our $$ for some time to come. Sometimes you come off a vacation like this and think "Was it better financially that we had a GREAT time ...and now will HAVE to go back ...maybe do the Western Caribbean ...7-day?"

We won't hold it against you that you're a former Kansan! :laughing:

Loved your report! You and your wife are too adorable. You both look so in love! Congratulations! I am dreaming of a cruise. So your trip just helped me feel like I am on one. Thank you!

Dave Dizney said:
If you're like us, it's Disney who will be "soaking up" our $$ for some time to come. Sometimes you come off a vacation like this and think "Was it better financially that we had a GREAT time ...and now will HAVE to go back ...maybe do the Western Caribbean ...7-day?"

We won't hold it against you that you're a former Kansan! :laughing:

We have a 4 night on the Wonder for early 2014 booked, but thinking of changing it to a September 2014 Fantasy Western cruise for our 10th anniversary! Anniversary is in July but the prices are WAY better in Sept.

Thank you so much for such a great report! We too were so upset when leaving the ship because we got so busy we never got around to booking anohther cruise! I will not make that same mistake this trip!

We have a 4 night on the Wonder for early 2014 booked, but thinking of changing it to a September 2014 Fantasy Western cruise for our 10th anniversary! Anniversary is in July but the prices are WAY better in Sept.

Beware of hurricane season!

pillow said:
Beware of hurricane season!

Yeah, I know hurricane season is a risk but for half the price of the cruise it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Loving your report! My DH is Dave Lloyd as well so at first I did a double take! Also - we were in 7650 on our 2011 Dream cruise. Freaky. Getting ready to do it again in a couple of weeks. Thanks for posting your report!

Loving your report! My DH is Dave Lloyd as well so at first I did a double take! Also - we were in 7650 on our 2011 Dream cruise. Freaky. Getting ready to do it again in a couple of weeks. Thanks for posting your report!

Wow! What a coincidence! I think then we need to rename 7650 the Dave Lloyd suite!

Yes, I still have some of those shirts from 6 years ago (so sad). I've made a new rule that whenever I buy a new one, I need to retire an old one. After this trip, I need to retire two - which I have yet to do.

Glad you're enjoying this - I still have to finish the last parts (and going back to work really gets in the way!).

Saw a great idea for old tee shirts... Make a quilt out of them.

Love your presentation, it really brings the cruise to life We go in April, I can't wait. My big take away is the dinners...my family (not me) will not eat any "fancy food". We may need a pre meal before we go to dinner. pirate: I want to try it all. Thanks again for sharing!

Saw a great idea for old tee shirts... Make a quilt out of them.

Love your presentation, it really brings the cruise to life We go in April, I can't wait. My big take away is the dinners...my family (not me) will not eat any "fancy food". We may need a pre meal before we go to dinner. pirate: I want to try it all. Thanks again for sharing!

There's good enough variety that even the most bland palate should be good. Or you can do DW's method - eat pizza every afternoon and chicken at dinner. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter