The Lloyd’s – Just Us Two on a Dream Cruise – January 2-6, 2013

Thank you Dave for your wonderful trip report! You've entertained me for 2 days of rainy and snowy spring Omaha weather! I even teared up when your trip was over. We leave May 12th for our very first Disney Cruise with DS, DIL, and 2 wonderful young grand children. I'm very excited!

Thanks so much! It really was a wonderful experience, and I hope it will be for your family, too! Soak it in, it goes by WAY to fast!

Dave - I happened along your report earlier today and was completely hooked after a couple of pages when I was suddenly disconnected from the Internet! I've spent the better part of my day, pouring through threads in desperation of finding yours once again!

Voila! Finished now and you didn't disappoint! Loved each and every detail you shared with us. You've helped me dearly in my planning for our first cruise this November and for that, I thank you! The only thing that could make it better is if you and your beautiful wife booked another cruise and joined us on our adventure! You seem like great folk to share some stories and laughs over drinks with!

My favorite part of your report was the obvious an complete love that you and your wife share. I believe that you are both sparkling! Best wishes

Rebecca

Dave - I happened along your report earlier today and was completely hooked after a couple of pages when I was suddenly disconnected from the Internet! I've spent the better part of my day, pouring through threads in desperation of finding yours once again!

Voila! Finished now and you didn't disappoint! Loved each and every detail you shared with us. You've helped me dearly in my planning for our first cruise this November and for that, I thank you! The only thing that could make it better is if you and your beautiful wife booked another cruise and joined us on our adventure! You seem like great folk to share some stories and laughs over drinks with!

My favorite part of your report was the obvious an complete love that you and your wife share. I believe that you are both sparkling! Best wishes

Rebecca

Wow - all I heard was the invitation for us to join you on your trip!!! And to that, we would gladly oblige! Thanks for your kind words - though I don't think my version of "sparkling" is not near as attractive as Bethany's. Hope your trip is as wonderful as ours! We're thinking another LONGER trip is due in the future.:beach:

What a wonderful trip report!!! You 2 are a beautiful couple. It makes me happy to see people who have been together as long as you have and are still in love. My husband and I are going on the Magic to celebrate our 25th Anniversary in Sept. I cannot wait!!!

What a wonderful trip report!!! You 2 are a beautiful couple. It makes me happy to see people who have been together as long as you have and are still in love. My husband and I are going on the Magic to celebrate our 25th Anniversary in Sept. I cannot wait!!!

Doesn't feel like it was that long ago, does it? Of course, DW and I were married as children! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to read your trip review!! My DH and I are going on our first ever cruise in December. Just like yours it will be on the Dream & the 4 night to the Bahamas. We are doing a short one so we can "try out" cruising before taking the whole family someday. Our family loves all things Disney and before leaving WDW a few days ago we became DVC members. We've only been to WDW so we ready to visit other places that are Disney ran. :) :) Excited about reading about your trip!

Great TR - I really enjoyed it. We got back from our Magic cruise almost 2 weeks ago and had such a great time. It was our 1st visit to Castaway Cay. Fantastic place! I'm still suffering from the post-cruise blues.

Enjoyed seeing your photos of the Dream!

I just read your trip report and really enjoyed it. I loved all the photos. You mentioned that your DD just finished the Disney Internship Program. Can you please tell me a little about that? I have a DD (age 14) whose dream is to be a Disney Imagineer and I am sure she would be very interested in a Disney Internship Program. Did your daughter like it and feel it was worthwhile? Thank you in advance for any information.

Sorry, Purple - just a few months behind on this post! Our daughter LOVED the Disney Internship program. She took a semester last year to do it (she started a semester early, so now she's back on track with her class). Though the kids most often get dining gigs, she was one of the lucky ones and worked on the trucks at Kilimanjaro Safaris. Not sure there's much there for a future Imagineer, but the experience for our daughter was one she'll have for a lifetime!

I just read your trip report and really enjoyed it. I loved all the photos. You mentioned that your DD just finished the Disney Internship Program. Can you please tell me a little about that? I have a DD (age 14) whose dream is to be a Disney Imagineer and I am sure she would be very interested in a Disney Internship Program. Did your daughter like it and feel it was worthwhile? Thank you in advance for any information.

Hi Dave. I bought my french press, and we are ready to go!! Thanks for the helpful hint.

Jodie

Yay! The french press was the frosting on an already wonderful cake! :coffee:

We don't have a balcony this time though (too pricey for a 7 night holiday cruise). We'll just have to drink our coffee and have first breakfast looking out our porthole. ;)

Less than 5 weeks to go . . .

Jodie

We don't have a balcony this time though (too pricey for a 7 night holiday cruise). We'll just have to drink our coffee and have first breakfast looking out our porthole. ;)

Less than 5 weeks to go . . .

Jodie

We were thinking about the 7-day w/ porthole! Which cruise are you taking and when???

Sorry, Purple - just a few months behind on this post! Our daughter LOVED the Disney Internship program. She took a semester last year to do it (she started a semester early, so now she's back on track with her class). Though the kids most often get dining gigs, she was one of the lucky ones and worked on the trucks at Kilimanjaro Safaris. Not sure there's much there for a future Imagineer, but the experience for our daughter was one she'll have for a lifetime!

Thanks so much for answering. It sounds like a great experience.

We were thinking about the 7-day w/ porthole! Which cruise are you taking and when???

We booked the Dec 28th Fantasy cruise on opening day. Even then, it was more than we usually pay. Prices have about doubled since we booked because its over New Years. Initially I had an inside room booked, but I upgraded to a 9B just because I really want some natural light and I thought the inside room might be a little small for all 4 of us. I'm really excited about cruising over New Years; however, I think this will be the first and only holiday cruise we take.

Hoping to do Alaska in the summer of 2015.

Tip - book through Costco Travel. You get a huge cash card (about 8%) post cruise that you can redeem for cash. Its more than worth the $55 membership fee and is a much bigger incentive versus what other TA's offer.

Jodie

Hi Dave! Just stumbled upon your TR. I checked out the show on Youtube and just had to comment because I live in Lakeville MN. I had to play it 3 times to make sure you were saying Lakeville. Small world. Now, back to reading!

Yep! Though we moved a few years ago, our 7 years in Lakeville were wonderful! Our two boys graduated from LV High. Loved it there!

Hi Dave! Just stumbled upon your TR. I checked out the show on Youtube and just had to comment because I live in Lakeville MN. I had to play it 3 times to make sure you were saying Lakeville. Small world. Now, back to reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts