The Lesser Known Eighth Dwarf, Dumpy, Comes to Disney Aug '11 **NEW 2/20 TR link!!!

I have never been to RR, but everytime I walk by, I look in like I should be there! Beer and I are friends. :rotfl:

I too am a friend of beer :thumbsup2

And yea, my indecisiveness kinda worked out for me - I thought I would do worse! Even I didnt remember what I had chosen!

It really did! Great job!

Cant wait for the next update, and I am happy your pup is better!:goodvibes

It will be coming soon. I'll be back at home tonight after spending a couple nights at DBF's with no access to my computer. I'll be posting new quiz questions tonight hopefully so keep an eye out.

Joining in!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Jen I am not sure !!That is Labor day weekend , I think I may be available for a while on the saturday !!But am working 9a.-9p. on sunday . The following week I go to Albany for work Thurs thru Sat. If saturday will work let's go for it !! Dan wants in on this one too !!!!I mentioned to him !!!Biggie is IF OG will be open by then ?????

Jen I am not sure !!That is Labor day weekend , I think I may be available for a while on the saturday !!But am working 9a.-9p. on sunday . The following week I go to Albany for work Thurs thru Sat. If saturday will work let's go for it !! Dan wants in on this one too !!!!I mentioned to him !!!Biggie is IF OG will be open by then ?????

If OG isn't open by then we can always do it another weekend. Keep an eye on it and keep me posted :goodvibes I can just picture you setting up a lawn chair and doing the odd pole dance for the construction workers to speed things up :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm the "silly" one who asked if you were doing a TR over on Marv's thread. I'm here to report; have to go to the bosses soon, but will catch up later.

I'm the "silly" one who asked if you were doing a TR over on Marv's thread. I'm here to report; have to go to the bosses soon, but will catch up later.

Oh boy.... don't I feel like a dork. Sorry Kat! :headache: I'm glad you're here now :teeth:

Marv is right about Carrabbas. I've always found Olive Garden ordinary, but Carrabbas is delicious.

I'm glad Pixel wasn't seriously ill. It would be hard to have a good vacation with a sick doggie at home. I love that moment at Disney when all the stress of real life falls away and it's just fun.

Holy Cow! You haven't been home that long and you already have 8 pages!!

Wish I had gotten to WDW even sooner, or that you were there longer so we could have met up. I'm looking forward to reading about your trip. I asked Marv one little question...and the stinker wouldn't answer me....said you might be planning a contest. Hopefully I will get caught up in time to participate in in!

Marv is right about Carrabbas. I've always found Olive Garden ordinary, but Carrabbas is delicious.

Great now I have to try another restaurant :roftl:

I'm glad Pixel wasn't seriously ill. It would be hard to have a good vacation with a sick doggie at home. I love that moment at Disney when all the stress of real life falls away and it's just fun.

That's why I love Disney so much. Once you pass under that arch, you're inside the Disney bubble and all your cares melt away.

Holy Cow! You haven't been home that long and you already have 8 pages!!

Yeah we started up a chatter storm :rotfl:

Wish I had gotten to WDW even sooner, or that you were there longer so we could have met up. I'm looking forward to reading about your trip. I asked Marv one little question...and the stinker wouldn't answer me....said you might be planning a contest. Hopefully I will get caught up in time to participate in in!

Aw that Marv deserves a medal :flower3: I'm sad we didn't get to cross paths. I'm sure you'll get caught up in no time. I'll keep a look out for your TR too :goodvibes

Always room to improve ;)

She's much better thanks. Back to her crazy, psychotic self.

I'll remember that for next time. I seemed to have missed out on these unlimited breadsticks! We hardly touched them.

These rooms are much classier compared to how they used to look. They've really cut down on the bright Mexican theme.

I'm not sure if you can take them off but I know you can't put them on if you buy tickets seperately. I asked the CM if I could put my ticket onto my KTTW card but he said straight up that I didn't want to do that. Apparently it could mess everything up with your hotel room and tickets. I didn't want to risk it so I just put up with the multiple cards.

I think the music really helped. I've always found Celtic Irish music to be relaxing. I'll definitely be going back there!!!

I really hate when one of our cats is sick, but it is also (kind of) nice because they just snuggle right up and sleep on the bed instead of wrestling or trying to eat the printer or Other Really Great Idea #2432798. Pets. What kind of dog is Pixel?

We live in Colorado, home of the hippies, so we don't get out to chains very often (sooo many local breweries/places in walking distance, while places like Olive Garden are in the 'new' part of town, where we'd have to drive). I really love our local places (fresh brewed root beer/beer/other sodas! Ethically sourced foods! etc., etc.) but sometimes you just need unlimited amounts of carbs. :rotfl: Though I usually just eat breadsticks and maybe a salad or kid's meal. Yum!

Yeah, I've been doing more reading and maybe I'll just asked for paper tickets at the end to take home as a memento. Or at least if things get messed up, it would only be for one day! I realize it's more convenient for most people, but I really like the paper tickets for some reason.

My astronomy teacher in high school would always play Celtic music (or something more like Enya) during tests/quizzes/etc., so that's what I always think of whenever similar music comes on. Not quite as relaxing as sitting and drinking a beer with friends! ;)

Jen, I am all caught up. NOW I Know what Marv meant about you being with Stitch (he knows I don't like Stitch so I am always giving him a hard time about taking pictures of the blue guy). ;)

I'm glad they were able to move you to Casitas 4 -- it is our favorite building at the Coronado. And the food at Pepper Market is HUGE...I can never finish it all.

Your meal at Raglan Road looks yummy. Mark and I are trying it in September and I can't wait.

Jen, I am all caught up. NOW I Know what Marv meant about you being with Stitch (he knows I don't like Stitch so I am always giving him a hard time about taking pictures of the blue guy). ;)
The Stitch Jen brought with her to Disney is a lot prettier, and a whole lot more fun than the "blue guy!" Jen and I are both trying to get Stitch to join us on the DIS boards so you can all get to know her. She's a real sweetie! (Jen, you think all this shameless flattery will convice her???)

Your meal at Raglan Road looks yummy. Mark and I are trying it in September and I can't wait.
Okay, now I have to agree with Kathy! RR wasn't high on my list, but now I'm thinking we might give it a try soon.

Glad that your first day went smoothly! And, I am happy to see that you liked CSR. We are staying there in Oct and have requested the Casitas section as well.

The food a RR look fantastic, especially dessert. Of course, I've never seen many desserts that did not look delicious!

However, I do need to somewhat dissent from popular opinion regarding the the Olive Garden vs Carrabbas vs Macaroni Grill. I wholeheartedly agree with the majority on OG. It is ok and that's about it. When it comes to Carrabbas, I do not like it at all. Won't even step foot in the restaurant. Maybe I just order wrong? To me, Macaroni Grill is the one of the three to try! I love their bread, especially when paired with the marinated olives. Just my thoughts....

Can't wait to read about day 2!

Get your answers in by Sunday. Please post your answers here in super secret white text. Good luck everyone!

Did we take a bus or taxi to Ohana?

Did we get to Ohana on time?

What characters did we see at Ohana?

Did we make MK rope drop in time?

What was the first ride we went on?

Did we ride Space Mountain standby or using fastpass?

Did we ride Jungle Cruise standby or using fastpass?

What was the first treat we shared?

Did we get a seat beside the window for our dinner at California Grill?

Where did we watch Wishes from?

Did we take a bus or taxi to Ohana? Oh Silly, you walked! Buses and taxis will only take you up to or near the entrance. Actually, I'll say with an early ADR so you could get to MK you didn't want to depend on the buses to get you there on time, so taxi it is!

Did we get to Ohana on time? Well of course you did! Anyone who can make the airport for their flight on time can surely make a silly little ADR on time. And being the great DISer that you are........

What characters did we see at Ohana? Besides each other I would say a girl named Ellen, a family from England, and a guy named Dennis! If you meant Disney Characters, I'm gonna guess that since you are asking this question it wasn't all of them. Since Stitch is, uh, Stitch's favorite I will say you definitely made sure you saw that one. I'm guessing Mickey and Lilo already passed by and you didn't want to wait because, well, MK rope drop was coming fast. Let's add Pluto in there since I think he comes around last in that group.

Did we make MK rope drop in time? Again, Jenbear not making something on time???? NO WAY! That would be like a day without Florida sunshine, or orange juice........or toothpicks! You were there in plenty of time.

What was the first ride we went on? Well of course that would be the Monorail from the Poly! But seriously, you said in your PTR that you wanted to make sure you made it through Fantasyland early and quickly so you wouldn't have to worry about those rides later in your trip, so I'm guessing you made the FP dash to Space Mountain so you could ride later, then headed straight for Fantasyland to get ahead of the crowds. From Tomorrowland you first get to the teacups (NO WAY Ms. Fraidy Cat is doing tea cups I'm betting) so the next thing you come to is Winnie the Pooh, so let's go with that one. (And if my original touring philosophy for you is off, the rest of my answers are going to be trash!!!)

Did we ride Space Mountain standby or using fastpass? I'm sure you did! I'll go with that fastpass you got first thing when you got back to Tomorrowland later in the day.

Did we ride Jungle Cruise standby or using fastpass? I think you actually sat. After waiting in the Standby line.

What was the first treat we shared? That had to be the first conversation you had where you got to tell Stitch about this wonderful guy named Marv you were planning to meet on the trip. If that doesn't count then assuming you hit Fantasyland early, and continued to tour the park in a counter clockwise pattern, you would have probably been in Adventureland by the time your huge Ohana breakfast had settled, so let's go with a Dole Whip!

Did we get a seat beside the window for our dinner at California Grill? Yes, but it was the window looking out at the Contemporary pool! Then you realized you had actually shown up to eat at Chef Mickey's! I'm gonna say that in spite of your begging and pleading, the hostess at California Grill isn't as sympathetic to the wishes of dear, sweet Jen as Marv is, so she wasn't able to put you beside a window.....but you were close.

Where did we watch Wishes from? The parking lot of CSR, but you only got to see the fireworks that went really, really high up in the air! Seriously, since you didn't get that window seat you stood out on the balcony and watched (and if you DID get that window seat, you went outside anyway because you didn't want your camera flash reflecting in the glass and messing up the 128 shots you took of the castle and the fireworks!!!)

Okay, that's my answers. Including the real ones now! I'll be back later to give you the real ones after Dan has had a chance to copy these....... ;)

I really hate when one of our cats is sick, but it is also (kind of) nice because they just snuggle right up and sleep on the bed instead of wrestling or trying to eat the printer or Other Really Great Idea #2432798. Pets.

:rotfl: That sounds like a cat alright! We have a cat at my mom's house, named Taz, and with good reason. She was a terror when she was a kitten. Running up and down the halls, teasing the dog, generally causing havoc. She's settled down a bit now that she's older but she still likes a good psychotic episode once in a while.

What kind of dog is Pixel?

She's a Bichon Frise.

We live in Colorado, home of the hippies, so we don't get out to chains very often (sooo many local breweries/places in walking distance, while places like Olive Garden are in the 'new' part of town, where we'd have to drive). I really love our local places (fresh brewed root beer/beer/other sodas! Ethically sourced foods! etc., etc.) but sometimes you just need unlimited amounts of carbs. :rotfl: Though I usually just eat breadsticks and maybe a salad or kid's meal. Yum!

Hippies? Really? :rotfl: I've never been to Colorado but would love to see it one day. The landscape looks gorgeous. Your local places sound delicious. Sometimes the independent restaurants are much better than the big chains.

Yeah, I've been doing more reading and maybe I'll just asked for paper tickets at the end to take home as a memento. Or at least if things get messed up, it would only be for one day! I realize it's more convenient for most people, but I really like the paper tickets for some reason.

From what I hear, more people tend to like the plastic tickets. I don't mind either one. I'm pretty careful with my stuff so paper tickets are just fine for me too.

My astronomy teacher in high school would always play Celtic music (or something more like Enya) during tests/quizzes/etc., so that's what I always think of whenever similar music comes on. Not quite as relaxing as sitting and drinking a beer with friends! ;)

Enya during a test?? Wow! Wish I was in that class. Although I'd have to agree that a beer would help relax me even more ;)

:laughing: I guess you'd be confused if you didn't know I refered to my friend as Stitch.

I'm glad they were able to move you to Casitas 4 -- it is our favorite building at the Coronado. And the food at Pepper Market is HUGE...I can never finish it all.

I've stayed in Casitas twice now and wouldn't want it any other way. I love that area. Still close enough to El Centro and it's the first bus stop to pick up and first one to drop off.

I'm sure you'll love it!!!

The Stitch Jen brought with her to Disney is a lot prettier, and a whole lot more fun than the "blue guy!" Jen and I are both trying to get Stitch to join us on the DIS boards so you can all get to know her. She's a real sweetie! (Jen, you think all this shameless flattery will convice her???)

It never hurts ;) I think she must have gone camping this week because I still haven't heard from her recently :confused3

Okay, now I have to agree with Kathy! RR wasn't high on my list, but now I'm thinking we might give it a try soon.

You must try it Marv! I really really loved it. And I wouldn't recommend something that isn't marvelous ;)

Glad that your first day went smoothly! And, I am happy to see that you liked CSR. We are staying there in Oct and have requested the Casitas section as well.

I hope you get it. Just be polite in reminding them of the section you requested. I've never had a problem ever getting my requests honored. I can't imagine they'll be too busy in Oct.

The food a RR look fantastic, especially dessert. Of course, I've never seen many desserts that did not look delicious!

Desserts are my favourite part of any meal. I always try to leave room. The one we got at RR was especially good. I'll have to try the Dunbrody's Kiss next time.

However, I do need to somewhat dissent from popular opinion regarding the the Olive Garden vs Carrabbas vs Macaroni Grill. I wholeheartedly agree with the majority on OG. It is ok and that's about it. When it comes to Carrabbas, I do not like it at all. Won't even step foot in the restaurant. Maybe I just order wrong? To me, Macaroni Grill is the one of the three to try! I love their bread, especially when paired with the marinated olives. Just my thoughts....

Well this just gives me another restaurant to try, which I'm totally okay with :laughing:

Marv, we've got some eating to do!

Did we take a bus or taxi to Ohana? I am going to say you took a taxi as it was quicker than taking a bus to the MK and then getting on the monorail

Did we get to Ohana on time? You were five minutes early

What characters did we see at Ohana? Besides the normal characters--Mickey, Lilo and Stitch, you saw Marv, who decided to stalk you

Did we make MK rope drop in time? Yes, with moments to spare

What was the first ride we went on? Space Mountain

Did we ride Space Mountain standby or using fastpass? You rode standby and grabbed fastpasses for later in the day

Did we ride Jungle Cruise standby or using fastpass? Fastpass

What was the first treat we shared? Dole Whip

Did we get a seat beside the window for our dinner at California Grill? No

Where did we watch Wishes from? The California Grill

Let's see how this goes...

Did we take a bus or taxi to Ohana? A Bus

Did we get to Ohana on time? Yes, you did.

What characters did we see at Ohana? Lilo & Stitch, of course :D (?)

Did we make MK rope drop in time? No

What was the first ride we went on? Space Mountain

Did we ride Space Mountain standby or using fastpass? Standby

Did we ride Jungle Cruise standby or using fastpass? Fast Pass

What was the first treat we shared? A Dole Whip Float

Did we get a seat beside the window for our dinner at California Grill? Yes

Where did we watch Wishes from? Through the window you were sitting by while at California Grill (your seat)

How old is Pixel? We have a Bichon too...but she is old--almost 14.

She's now 3 and a half years old. That picture was taken when she was about a year old. Still looks pretty much the same though. Yay another Bichon owner! What's the name of yours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter