*The Laughing Place is Where I'm Bound! SEPT 2016 PTR* Final Update 9/10- New TR Link!!!!

Good to know!! Thanks for the suggestions :) I was actually debating on doing The GF Cafe for breakfast on our rest day! Not sure if I should make an ADR if we would cancel, was it busy when you were there? We may try to do a walk up!!

Sometimes you can do a walk up. It's busy because a lot of the people staying there eat breakfast there. We tried to change a reservation time to earlier and couldn't. Hope that helps. Thanks for your warm welcome!

No problem! :welcome: and glad to have you along!!

Thanks for following along!! Cheers!:drinking1

~80 days until Disney!~

Hello everyone! :wave:

Sorry it's been a bit since my last update! I just started my new job last week and it has been busy yet amazing! I am working with the Wisconsin Early Autism Project, which is an organization that does in-home therapy for children with ASD ages 8 and under. So, I have 4 patients so far that I rotate and provide behavioral therapy to. The therapy is mostly play-based, so I basically get to play with kids all day long. I mean, how much more fun can a job get? ;)

Moving on, I have a few trip updates to share with you all! I can't believe that there are only 80 days left until the trip. It seems so close, yet so far away at the same time! I still have the whole summer left, so even though I want the summer to go by slowly, I also want to be in Disney ASAP :tongue:

For the past few months, I have been looking for a nice pair of athletic sandals. Last year at Disney, I wore either my Converse or my Nike tennis shoes at the parks. They were fine and did the job, but I ended up with some pretty nasty blisters; plus the rain/hot weather constantly made my feet sweaty and soggy :crazy2: After doing my research, I decided to buy a pair of Chaco Sandals last week. These are the ones I bought:

6B4FB904-6ABF-4CEC-96C0-4F25054FFC0B_zpszzmk4wes.jpg

And I have to say... I LOVE THEM. They are sooooo comfortable and supportive. Plus, they come in a plethora of colors and designs. I adore the turquoise design that I purchased, but they also have all other colors from orange to pink to purple to blue! I have this thing where I need to wear shoes with backs, so Birkenstocks and flip flops aren't possible for me to wear for long periods of walking. These Chacos with the toe strap provide the perfect support for walking. The soles are nice and thick, yet my feet feel incredibly light and they don't weigh me down. They also have an insanely supported arch. I have really high arches, so these are perfect for my feet! However, I have read reviews online that said they can be difficult for those with flat feet, so if you don't have defined arches, these shoes might not be for you.

Also in trip news, my mom and I booked our flights!! We saw some great, low fares on Saturday night for direct flights to MCO, so we went right ahead and booked them. We are flying through Southwest, which is our favorite airline because of their free bags deal and the fact that we get to choose our own seats. The best part is that we arrive in Disney early and leave late! :woohoo:We are set to land in Orlando at 11 AM and we do not leave Orlando for home until 8 PM. More time in Disney World is my favorite! I also reserved Disney's Magical Express, so we should be getting our luggage tags in the next week or so!

Finally, I've been plugging away at my Disney Movie Countdown! This is what I've watched so far! popcorn::

Week 1: The Emperor's New Groove

A49166D3-72EB-4DA5-9559-F61A8F38A1E1_zpsoxrqpjma.jpg

This movie is such a hoot. There are so many quotable lines!

D3CDEF98-81F5-4658-9803-2D69A01DFD1F_zps9xhm93w7.png

I'm surprised that the Emperor's New Groove is so underrated! While watching this with my friend, Leah, I commented, "There should be a ride at Disney themed to the Emperor's New Groove." She replied, "There isn't one already?? That's crazy!" It has a bit more adult humor in it to keep older kids interested, but it's still funny enough for young kids to love it as well. Reminds me a lot of a Pixar movie in this way! This was also one of the first movies I remember going to see in the theatre. Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It started off my movie countdown with a bang!

Week 2: Tarzan

2C3948B3-4D62-451A-952D-53F8C5DD3C9B_zpsvlplbbwe.jpg

A bit of a change from the previous week's pick! This movie always hits me straight in the feels.The music is just so gorgeous. I never cease to cry at least 3 times during Tarzan. It's such a heartfelt storyline about family
and finding where you belong. My mom doesn't like this one as much, she says it is "depressing." I beg to differ! However, the "Tarzan Rocks" show at Animal Kingdom was a family favorite! My mom loved it so much, she asked to see it on our 2015 trip (even though it closed in 2006 :rotfl:).

Well, that is all I have for an update right now! I'm continuing on my Disney movie countdown this week with 101 Dalmatians! Talk to you soon, friends! :wave2:

Last edited:
Glad your new job is going well!

Yay for finding comfy sandals! AND for booking your flights! This trip will be here before you know it :)

I've yet to see the Emperor's New Groove! I totally need to change that!

Your shoes look great. My feet get too hot in trainers too so I near enough always wear walking sandals :)

Yay on cheap flights :yay:

Glad your new job is going well!

Yay for finding comfy sandals! AND for booking your flights! This trip will be here before you know it :)

I've yet to see the Emperor's New Groove! I totally need to change that!

Thanks! I'm getting pretty pumped :) and yes you do girl! It's so funny!!

Your shoes look great. My feet get too hot in trainers too so I near enough always wear walking sandals :)

Yay on cheap flights :yay:

Thanks! Hmmm, I like the word "trainers" instead of tennis shoes... I should start using that! Of course, I'm not British, so I may sound a bit silly ;)

Last edited:
Hi friends!!

I'm so sorry that it's been so long between postings! I have been either crazy busy or out of town almost every single weekend this summer. My boyfriend and I have been doing the long-distance thing now that we are out of college, so the weekends are now precious time! Plus, I have been trying to work out almost every day to get back into shape (circuit training and Zumba are my faves). So, needless to say, I have been conked out at about 10:30 PM every night :rotfl2:

There are 66 days until our trip, so that means only 6 days until I can book my FPs! I've sort of made a tentative schedule for what I want to book:

Day 1: Epcot and Disney Springs

Around 1-2 PM: Spaceship Earth

Around 2-3 PM: Mission:Space
Around 3-4 PM: Soarin' Around the World

Day 2: Magic Kingdom

Around 9-10 AM: Peter Pan's Flight
Around 11 AM-12 PM: Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Around 1:30-2:30 PM: Splash Mountain

Day 3: Epcot

Around 10-11 AM: Journey into Imagination with Figment
Around 1-2 PM: The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Around 3-4 PM: Frozen Ever After

Day 4: Rest Day

No FPs! Just enjoying the GF :flower:

Day 5: Animal Kingdom Morning and Hollywood Studios Evening

Around 3-4 PM: Tower of Terror

Around 4-5 PM: Rock n Roller Coaster

Day 6: Magic Kingdom Morning/Afternoon and Disney Springs Night

Around 10-11 AM: Splash Mountain
Around 11 AM-12 PM: Space Mountain
Around 1-2 PM: Seven Dwarves Mine Train

Day 7: Undecided!

DME is due at 4:30 PM. May stop by Blizzard Beach or a park of our choice!

How do my choices look?? I'm planning on booking them at midnight on July 3rd, so hopefully I get everything I desire!

In other news, our DME tags came last week! My mom and I were so excited to finally get some Mickey Mail! It doesn't seem like much, but it's tangible proof that we are actually going to Disney World!!

D903DEC9-93FE-4DAB-9EAC-D7538907D2F0_zpsdnoyyvlr.jpg

6F0A11DC-5931-44E3-9464-7D2E2C9BEF8E_zpsbvn92rzx.jpg

EEP!!

:rainbow:

Finally, I've been trucking along on my Disney Movie Countdown! Let's look back and see what I've watched:

Week 3: 101 Dalmatians

614F9D0D-1FC3-456C-91FC-30F514CE70A3_zps8phq3nwb.jpg

Ok friends, maybe this was just because I was tired from work, but I fell asleep within 5 minutes of sitting down to this :rotfl:. I was kind of disappointed, too, because I part of the reason I included 101 Dalmatians was to add variety and some "vintage" Disney to my list. Sadly, this movie just didn't make the cut this time. I will try to watch it again soon, I promise! I loved this movie when I was little; I had 101 Dalmatians bedsheets and a swimsuit too.

7B03DD74-94B1-4E68-97F3-6CE179EF0A4D_zps5xsl41yo.jpg

See? 4-year old Molly as proof!

Week 4: Tangled

2207C0D1-E8DB-443C-8FA6-9D98558FDDEA_zpswabnshia.jpg

Ahh, love this movie! I was very cynical when I first saw it back in 2011. I thought that it wouldn't be the same as the "old Disney" and was preparing for it to be cheesy and modern. However, I was SO pleasantly surprised! Tangled is also one of my boyfriend's favorite Disney movies. He loves Flynn Rider because he's sarcastic and questions why the characters are always singing :lmao:Mandy Moore has a beautiful voice and was a perfect choice for Rapunzel. It has always been my dream to sing "I See the Light" as a duet for someone's wedding :love:

That's all I have for now, folks! I will update you all once I make my FP+ selections for real! Otherwise, have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend! :umbrella: :wave2:

Last edited:
Yay!!! You arrive the day before us and we leave the same day#triptwins!!

So excited to read about your trip and countdown with you:smickey:

Getting closer and closer!

All your FP+ choices sound great! Good luck, I especially hope you're able to get one for Frozen Ever After!

I'm totally with you about Tangled! I never expected I would fall in love with it as much as I did!

Your FP's look great, I did mine yesterday and got everything I wanted when I wanted it (it was annoying though as to start with the times I wanted didn't show so I booked what I could then went back and changed them) anyway just so you know it's not midnight anymore, they now open at 7am ET so you can go to bed earlier :goodvibes

Yay!!! You arrive the day before us and we leave the same day#triptwins!!

So excited to read about your trip and countdown with you:smickey:

Yay! Hi trip twin :wave: Wouldn't it be awesome if we ran into each other?!

Thanks for following!! Heading over to your PTR now :goodvibes

Getting closer and closer!

All your FP+ choices sound great! Good luck, I especially hope you're able to get one for Frozen Ever After!

I'm totally with you about Tangled! I never expected I would fall in love with it as much as I did!

Thank you!! I'm hopeful that I'll get one for Frozen Ever After, but I suppose that if I can't, I'll just get one for Test Track!

Your FP's look great, I did mine yesterday and got everything I wanted when I wanted it (it was annoying though as to start with the times I wanted didn't show so I booked what I could then went back and changed them) anyway just so you know it's not midnight anymore, they now open at 7am ET so you can go to bed earlier :goodvibes

Congrats on getting your FPs, that means your trip is coming up so soon!! Thank you so much for the correction! I totally would have stayed up until midnight and been super frustrated that they didn't work :rotfl:

Hello Again! pixiedust:

Today during a break from school, I made a list of one Disney movie to watch every week up until my trip! I have seen a few PTRs of people who have done this and I thought it was a fabulous idea! Not only will this get me in the Disney spirit, but it will split up the time and give me something to look forward to every week. I'm not sure if my mom will have enough time to watch ALL of these with me, but I'm sure she will tune into a good amount as well! I decided to start this weekly tradition the week of May 29th, because these next two weeks are pretty hectic for me. On May 14th, I am graduating college with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and a minor in Theatre Performance! Then, I am moving back home to interview for multiple jobs. The next week, I am traveling to San Antonio, Texas for 5 nights for my mother's annual work conference. Life is changing very rapidly at this point; I am both scared to death and ready to plunge into the unknown!

Most of these selections are on Netflix, and the other ones are movies that I have on DVD!

:jester: Week of May 29th- The Emperor's New Groove
:rose:
Week of June 5th- Tarzan
paw:
Week of June 12th- 101 Dalmatians
:cutie:
Week of June 19th- Tangled
princess:
Week of June 26th- Cinderella
:ewok:
Week of July 3rd- Brother Bear
:sunny:
Week of July 10th- Hercules

:smickey: Week of July 17th- Fantasia 2000
:flower2:
Week of July 24th- The Little Mermaid
:earboy2:
Week of July 31st- Mulan
:wizard:
Week of August 7th- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
:stitch2:
Week of August 14th- Lilo and Stitch

::MinnieMo Week of August 21st- **NO MOVIE THIS WEEK** On vacation with the family in Northern WI!
:tink:Week of August 28th- Peter Pan

These are all of my choices! Overall, I was a bit disappointed because I was hoping to get some more classics on the list, like Mary Poppins, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. I could download them online for $20 each, but that price is too steep. I have seen a lot of the ones on my list before (All but Brother Bear and Fantasia 2000), but it will still be fun because I haven't watched some of these since I was a little kid! I'm so excited to get started with my weekly movie countdown!! :)

That is all I have for now! Hopefully I will be able to update you guys on my ADR plans sometime this weekend!

Great idea! Try your local library to check out Disney Movies too! I have gotten a lot of good ones that way & 100% free :)

Great idea! Try your local library to check out Disney Movies too! I have gotten a lot of good ones that way & 100% free :)
Ooh, what an awesome idea! It's funny, I've rented movies and CDs from the library before but never thought to check for Disney movies :lmao:

FP time is now 7 am EST btw!

:welcome: and thank you for the correction! Even though I'd much prefer doing it at midnight, if waking up at 5:45 AM gets me the big-ticket rides I can only be grateful :thumbsup2

Week 1: The Emperor's New Groove

A49166D3-72EB-4DA5-9559-F61A8F38A1E1_zpsoxrqpjma.jpg

MY FAVOURITE!

I quote this film all the time. Especially THIS:

turnintofleaseriesofboxessmashwithahammer_zps1386f725.gif

Any time I need a box, or a hammer, or my dog has a flea, or I need to mail something.. It's absolutely necessary to quote this entire thing.

Week 2: Tarzan

2C3948B3-4D62-451A-952D-53F8C5DD3C9B_zpsvlplbbwe.jpg

A bit of a change from the previous week's pick! This movie always hits me straight in the feels.The music is just so gorgeous.

Oww I hear you, it has such a good soundtrack!

How do my choices look?? I'm planning on booking them at midnight on July 3rd, so hopefully I get everything I desire!

Great! I need to do this too, my FP day is Saturday. Although just one thing, didn't they change up the fastpass booking time recently? I feel like they were going to/they have changed it to 7am eastern, but I'm not sure I'm really behind on my fastpass planning..

Regardless, I hope it goes well!!! Maybe don't do it in chronological order, but grab that Frozen Ever After fastpass immediately!!! Just in case.. I bet it's very popular :thumbsup2 Let us know how it goes!

MY FAVOURITE!

I quote this film all the time. Especially THIS:

Any time I need a box, or a hammer, or my dog has a flea, or I need to mail something.. It's absolutely necessary to quote this entire thing.

Oww I hear you, it has such a good soundtrack!

Great! I need to do this too, my FP day is Saturday. Although just one thing, didn't they change up the fastpass booking time recently? I feel like they were going to/they have changed it to 7am eastern, but I'm not sure I'm really behind on my fastpass planning..

Regardless, I hope it goes well!!! Maybe don't do it in chronological order, but grab that Frozen Ever After fastpass immediately!!! Just in case.. I bet it's very popular :thumbsup2 Let us know how it goes!

Hi Katie! :wave:Yep, you're correct! Although I'd rather stay up until midnight instead of wake up at 5:45 AM, getting those FP's will definitely be worth it. Good tip on doing the Frozen Ever After first, I'm sure it'll be gone fast! I'll let you know how it goes! You should let us know how your FP goes too, good luck :)

FP+ Bookings, Music Musings, and A New ADR!

Hello Disfriends! I'm so excited to have finally booked our fastpasses! Just one step closer to our second (and hopefully annual) mother-daughter extravaganza!

Since I'm in the Central Time Zone, I had to get up at 5:45 AM today to book the FPs. It actually worked out really well, because I usually get up at about 6:15 for work, so that left me just enough time to book the FPs before getting ready for the day.

As soon as the clock struck 6:00 AM, I logged into into MDE. I was slightly frustrated, because at first the system kept asking me for a ticket confirmation number, and I was confused because I had already linked my package. And, of course, when I would type in the confirmation number, MDE told me that the "package was already in use by Molly ____". Well, duh! :confused:

So, I did what any rabid Disney fan would do and called the hotline at about 6:02 AM. Luckily, the lady on the other line was very patient and just told me to log in again on my computer instead of my phone. It worked right away and she explained that sometimes it takes a few minutes to set up.

I'm not paranoid at all, guys.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

After that minor snafu, I was able to get FPs. I got everything I had wanted/planned for! :woohoo: These are the FPs I got:

Saturday, September 3

2:00-3:00 PM- Mission:Space
3:25-4:25 PM- Soarin'

Sunday, September 4

9:15-10:15 AM- Peter Pan's Flight
11:20 AM-12:20 PM- Seven Dwarves Mine Train
2:45-3:45 PM- Splash Mountain

Monday, September 5

12:20-1:20 PM- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
2:00-3:00 PM- Meet Disney Pals at Epcot Character Spot

3:00-4:00 PM- Frozen Ever After

Tuesday, September 6

No Fastpasses! Rest day at the GF :)

Wednesday, September 7

2:50-3:50 PM- Tower of Terror
4:00-5:00 PM- Rock n Roller Coaster

Thursday, September 8

10:00-11:00 AM- Splash Mountain
11:05 AM-12:05 PM- Pirates of the Caribbean
1:05-2:05 PM- Seven Dwarves Mine Train

Friday, September 9

No Fastpasses planned! We will probably decide what to do on this day during the trip. It's going to be a "do whatever we feel like we missed" type of day :D

Those are my FP choices! I am very happy with the selections I made. The process was also easy and painless, so props to Disney!

Since the trip is coming up so soon, I've been watching Youtube videos and listening to Disney music to get myself pumped. I've also been doing a lot of driving lately to visit my boyfriend and college friends, so I decided to get a couple new CD's for my car. Well, lo and behold, I walk into Barnes and Noble and find this gem:

0993F80B-477E-4D49-97E0-8798A067AE7D_zpsy3jx55oh.jpg

It's amazing!! I couldn't believe that I had found a CD set that had actual Disney park music on it!! It is a set of 3 CDs for $20, so you definitely get your money's worth of songs. It has classics like "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and the Splash Mountain theme, but also fun songs from DLR such as the "Radiator Springs Racers" and music from dark rides unique to Disneyland (like "Alice in Wonderland," "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride," etc.) I have been listening to it nonstop; it puts me in such a happy mood and it's great driving music. Although it is Disneyland and not WDW, a lot of the music is similar. Plus, I like hearing what things sound like over in California. Makes me want to make a trip over to DLR sometime in the near future :ssst:

Last but not least, we made another ADR! :hyper: On our walk tonight, my mom and I were discussing what we wanted to do on our rest day, and I mentioned doing a sit-down breakfast at the GF. I had kind of a nagging feeling that we should do at least one sit-down meal there. We've never eaten at the GF before, and since we are staying there, it would be convenient to check out their dining options. So, after about 2 minutes of discussion, we ended up booking.....

The Grand Floridian Cafe!! Thanks to @Upup4fun for the suggestion :thumbsup2

Unknown-8_zpsnbvxm0xl.jpeg

We made an ADR for our rest day (Tuesday, September 6th) at 8:50 AM. I'm so excited to eat here, because it seems posh but still low-key for a nice breakfast. We decided that having a breakfast ADR on our rest day will get us up and moving. There's nothing worse than sleeping away your vacation, and we want to soak up as much of Disney as we can! This way, the ADR will get us up early but still give us a yummy meal and fun experience to look forward to!

That's all I have for now, pals! Now that I have FPs and ADRs solidified, I will start posting our tentative "schedules" for each day of our vacation! In addition, I am currently on Week 6 of my Disney Movie Countdown, and I should have an update for you guys by the end of the week. Toodles! :wave:

Last edited:
Yaaay you're one step closer!!! :cool1:

This FP time change sucks for you guys... it's worked out great for me though!!! When it was midnight eastern - that was 5am UK time.. now that its 7am eastern, it's midday here! :cool: :cool2: :cool: :cool2: :cool: :laughing: good thing you were getting up anyway! :thumbsup2

Your fastpasses look fun, and pretty similar to mine. I've just been making one or two passes for Epcot because of the tiering - I only want Soarin/Test Track! Do you know if, when we've used the two prebooked ones, can we start making extras on the go in other parks? Every year I think I've got it down but they make so many changes!!

Love the look of the CD you bought, what a great find. I need something like that in my life. In fact, as I write this, you've inspired me to go look for one :goodvibes

Yay I'm glad you got all the FPs you wanted! And making a breakfast reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe sounds perfect!

The DL CD you got sounds so cool! You and your mom totally need to make a mother/daughter trip over there, you would love it :)

Hi!,
I really hope you love breakfast there it's really yummy. Your Fp+ looks great, but on your HS day I think you should get Fp for the Indy Stunt Show and make your mom volunteer to be an extra. :)

Yaaay you're one step closer!!! :cool1:

This FP time change sucks for you guys... it's worked out great for me though!!! When it was midnight eastern - that was 5am UK time.. now that its 7am eastern, it's midday here! :cool: :cool2: :cool: :cool2: :cool: :laughing: good thing you were getting up anyway! :thumbsup2

Your fastpasses look fun, and pretty similar to mine. I've just been making one or two passes for Epcot because of the tiering - I only want Soarin/Test Track! Do you know if, when we've used the two prebooked ones, can we start making extras on the go in other parks? Every year I think I've got it down but they make so many changes!!

Love the look of the CD you bought, what a great find. I need something like that in my life. In fact, as I write this, you've inspired me to go look for one :goodvibes
Hiya,
Yes you can book for other parks after you use two. It's a good strategy.
Now, get back to writing that awesome trip report. I want to know how it ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter