The July (2010) Plan needs Pixie Dust: DVC, Minivan & Twins Included

My Baggalini was perfect for the trip. However, you've got it right when it comes to not being flattering. I tried to remember to move it to my shoulder whenever I knew someone was taking pictures. There are plenty of not-so-flattering candids of me in the parks with this bag on!! But it held absolutely everything we needed without it feeling overstuffed, and it was sooooo much better than the large, heavy backpack DH and I carried our last three trips. It was also ok for him to carry on the day he had to (when I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour - that was a prerequisite of buying the bag ;)) I also can sympathize with counting the postal service days...my bag actually arrived the day we left (later in the day). Thankfully, Mom and Dad have to pass almost right by the house on the way to the airport, so they stopped and picked it up for me and I had it when we hit the parks on Sunday.

I can't help you with spots off of I-95, unfortunately. We have a Holiday Inn with a waterpark on the north side of Indy. Could you google "Hotels with water play areas"? I'm not sure how else to find one! There's a website that will tell you where the McDonalds that have playplaces are...surely there's something like that for hotels! Good luck finding one!

While in the Hallmark store (while my daughters looked at silly bandz), I saw the baggallini messenger bag. I admired it and thought that it might be perfect. They didn't have lime green and it was $49.95. I decided I would check it out online and see what kind of price I could get.

So, I ordered the two different fabrics from shoebuy.com last night. One is lime green and the other is leaf green. I was able to use a $15 off coupon bc both bags cost more than $50, but I am not sure how they will credit my mc once I return one. :confused3

MES160L.jpg

MES160CLGcrinkle.jpg

I am not a fan of the sling (I don't think they work so well for women for comfort or in some cases appearance.) I use a vera bradley small backpack in the parks which is what this bag would replace.

I like that it is water resistent and it has deeper side pockets. The seperate compartments are bigger and seem more user friendly.

Does anyone have this bag? I'd love to hear your opinion of it.

I ordered the leaf green one, and received about a week ago. I really like it. I've been carrying to work. I know some don't like how the strap falls in the front, but I don't mind. It's small, but very roomy.

I know these are a bit closer to PA but how about:

In Williamsburg, VA there is Busch Gardens Amusement Park which is super cool.

There is also a Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg which has both an indoor and outdoor water park, plus more. We took DD4 last year and even though she can't swim she had a great time and asks us to go back almost every week.

Then there is Washington, DC with all the museums and monuments and National Zoo.

Baltimore Aquarium and Inner Harbor?

I just found & enjoyed reading your pre-trip report. You have included so much useful information that will help me with my trip planning! I can't wait to read your trip report. I too am double blessed with 10 yr old twins!

I know these are a bit closer to PA but how about:

In Williamsburg, VA there is Busch Gardens Amusement Park which is super cool.

There is also a Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg which has both an indoor and outdoor water park, plus more. We took DD4 last year and even though she can't swim she had a great time and asks us to go back almost every week.

Then there is Washington, DC with all the museums and monuments and National Zoo.

Baltimore Aquarium and Inner Harbor?

Thanks :goodvibes (Great ideas; all places we love to take excursions to! minus Busch Gardens - we'll have to take a trip there sometime.) I was trying to find half way point, but to no avail. I searched out 15 different ways to find a hotel with cool water features. No luck near our route. I am going to look into the Great Wolk Lodge in Williamsburg(I looked at one, but it wasn't Williamsburg) to see if that fits in. It is just what I am looking for.

Are you all packed?

I just found & enjoyed reading your pre-trip report. You have included so much useful information that will help me with my trip planning! I can't wait to read your trip report. I too am double blessed with 10 yr old twins!

:welcome: I am glad I could offer some help! We haven't stayed at CBR before, but we stayed at CSR and loved it. I really think they are soooo similar. Are you Disney regulars? Are you driving?

I can't imagine not having the twins - the stories to tell! :laughing:

Great Wolfe Lodge is a ton of fun - we have gone to the Cincinnati one twice with my kids now on "Birthday Adventures" with my parents. They keep asking to go back! The only problem is that it isn't cheap. That, and if your girls really like water parks, they might not want to leave!:rotfl:

I looked into the Great Wolf Lodge...and I just can't spend the $300 as we won't have the time to utilize the facilities! I certainly want to keep it in mind for dds' birthday since they are Feb babies.

Our pins arrived! Hooray!!! The girls were very excited. I couldn't be happier with the seller from ebay if anyone needs pins: Four J's Ltd.

e05da8c7.jpg

eb37e484.jpg

I already shared in my previous post that we were gifted the Tink and AKL pins. The girls liked a couple of the ones that came from ebay so I don't think they will trade those.

We pinned them to the water bottle lanyard strap for now. I told them they could pick out pin lanyards in Disney. I wonder if I will regret beginning the pin trading this year. :confused3 It will force me to slow down and follow their interest if that's the case. :goodvibes

I have been pretty busy helping my parents with home improvements contractor problems, so time has passed very quickly. We are packed with the exception of dh and my stuff. I will probably do at least half of that tomorrow. (We have a wedding Sat.)

I am still waiting for my baggallinis...:scared: Two more days - FINGERS CROSSED!

Pin trading is a great way to slow down and enjoy your surroundings. When my DH was trading I was able to get a lot of pictures or enjoy the AC of a shop. Plus, we had a lot of great CM interaction. I am glad he started trading. It has been fun for both of us. :thumbsup2

:welcome: I am glad I could offer some help! We haven't stayed at CBR before, but we stayed at CSR and loved it. I really think they are soooo similar. Are you Disney regulars? Are you driving?

I can't imagine not having the twins - the stories to tell! :laughing:

We are not Disney regulars. My family went on our 1st WDW trip 2 years ago. I think I am hooked now, so we may start to become Disney regulars.:)
I really want to make a pre-trip report too, but I havn't figured out all the posting how-to's yet:confused3

We are driving. It's cheaper, of course. But, I want to drive because I like to take EVERYTHING with us.

And, I LOVE having twins! :love: I cannot imagine not having twins either, NEVER a dull (or quiet) moment in our house!

Great pins!!! Have fun pin trading!!! :thumbsup2

Only three more days for you!!! party:

I hope your bag comes tomorrow! :wizard:

Two days now! hehe I hope the bag comes today - tomorrow would be okay though! I am considering trying to find one in a store, but according to the site there aren't many retail stores near me!

Pin trading is a great way to slow down and enjoy your surroundings. When my DH was trading I was able to get a lot of pictures or enjoy the AC of a shop. Plus, we had a lot of great CM interaction. I am glad he started trading. It has been fun for both of us. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the picture idea! I will finally seek out little details! I don't know if DH will slow down so well. He is quite commando; it will be interesting!

We are not Disney regulars. My family went on our 1st WDW trip 2 years ago. I think I am hooked now, so we may start to become Disney regulars.:) I really want to make a pre-trip report too, but I havn't figured out all the posting how-to's yet:confused3
We are driving. It's cheaper, of course. But, I want to drive because I like to take EVERYTHING with us.
And, I LOVE having twins! :love: I cannot imagine not having twins either, NEVER a dull (or quiet) moment in our house!

We went in Aug 08 and thus began our addiction! As you've read, we joined DVC. This is a built in given that I get to visit the mouse at least once a year. However, I am trying to work it out for twice a year visits! :laughing:

Driving will certainly cut our costs in half. With packing, I kinda wish we were flying. Then, I would pack less!

If I can answer any "how to" questions, please ask. I'll try to help!

Deb

Driving will certainly cut our costs in half. With packing, I kinda wish we were flying. Then, I would pack less!

If I can answer any "how to" questions, please ask. I'll try to help!

Deb

Thanks, I finally figured out how to write the PTR & put the link in my signature. It took me forever to figure it out!
I see you're leaving in one day. Have a fun & safe trip there.
I'm gonna start working right now on making those bingo card games for us that you showed in your PTR!

Thanks, I finally figured out how to write the PTR & put the link in my signature. It took me forever to figure it out!
I see you're leaving in one day. Have a fun & safe trip there.
I'm gonna start working right now on making those bingo card games for us that you showed in your PTR!

I pm-ed you. Have fun with the planning!

Did your bag come yet? Have a great time!!! Hope we run into each other!!!

They didn't! Bummer, but it probably doesn't matter. I really think the strap across the front would have bothered me.

Look for me and my yellow bird backpack! I will totally recognize you and the kiddos and come running up all excited like some crazy person. :rotfl2: (Okay for real, I will lurk a bit - all excited inside- and approach timid and weird like...) Hmmm...I wonder what I will do...:lmao:

Look for me and my yellow bird backpack! I will totally recognize you and the kiddos and come running up all excited like some crazy person. :rotfl2: (Okay for real, I will lurk a bit - all excited inside- and approach timid and weird like...) Hmmm...I wonder what I will do...:lmao:

I will be looking for your yellow bird backpack! Don't be timid at all! I would love for us to meet! :goodvibes

I hope you're having/had a wonderful time! (I'm so bad, I can't remember when you get back!) Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Hello all! We had a great trip. I will begin working on a trip report soon. I am in the process of going through our photos (daunting task)!

Until then---

Darn tree!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter