The Jay Family Countdown and Live Report ASMu and Daytona Beach

ok, so I am completely packed! I'm the only one :confused:

Tomorrow now looks like this:

10am Pedicures for me and dd
12pm trip to my new school
1pm picking up my new phone
4pm taking dd to the pediatrician for her preop appt

Wait for my brother to arrive between 9:30 and 10 and then it's off to bed. We're leaving at 3am Friday morning.

Oh, btw dd is very excited about being my cadet reporter so that's definitely a go.

Being phoneless will make updates tomorrow difficult.

:stitch:

It's almost here! I cannot wait to read about your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am getting so excited!! I was looking over finances last night because of the phone debacle (I'm getting a new iphone btw, never had one before, wish me luck) and found some money I had squirreled away in the savings account and forgotten about so I'm totally psyched. This means we will be doing a tour of Daytona International Speedway. I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE NASCAR fan so just the thought of being in the speedway gives me butterflies in my tummy. :banana::banana: I can't wait for my kids to actually be able to go to a track. None of my family really cares about racing at all so I have this (probably futile) dream that being at the actual track will spark more interest.

I need to get off here and get some breakfast before it's pedicure time :woohoo:

We're on the road!!! GPS says without stops we'll be at our Daytona Beach hotel at 4:50pm... LOL

Does anyone know how to post a pic to the boards from an iPhone? I thought I read you can post pics directly to the boards from the app but I don't see how. I'll be able to search later from my laptop but I just thought I'd ask. I was going to post a pic of my kiddos at South of the Border :o(

We're in Daytona having dinner. Hopefully I can figure out how to post pics later tonight. The view from our room is awesome. We're headed to the beach and/or pool after dinner.

So jealous!! Have a great time at the beach. How's the weather?

Good morning all! Waking up to the sound of waves crashing on the beach is amazing! Dh and dd are already up walking on the beach looking for shells. Ds is still sleeping. Not sure what our breakfast plan will be. Later we're going over to the speedway for an all access tour, I cannot wait. Afterwards we'll come back here to the beach.

Good morning all! Waking up to the sound of waves crashing on the beach is amazing! Dh and dd are already up walking on the beach looking for shells. Ds is still sleeping. Not sure what our breakfast plan will be. Later we're going over to the speedway for an all access tour, I cannot wait. Afterwards we'll come back here to the beach.

Sounds great! Regretting not staying in Daytona before our pop check in! How is the resort?

Hi all!! Coming to you from the complimentary computers in the lobby of the Hilton Daytona Beach.

dismom1981, the Hilton here on Daytona Beach is beautiful! It's a bit strange to be in such a nice resort and still see folks walking in the marble lobby in wet swimsuits but that doesn't take away from anything. The staff has been very nice and accommodating.

This morning we headed out for breakfast at ihop. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We made a quick stop at Walgreens for a toothbrush for dh that he *swears* he put in his bag LOL.

Then we headed to Daytona Speedway where the salesman with the Richard Petty Driving Experience talked me into doing a ride along. I got to go around the track 3 laps at 165 miles per hour. It was so awesome!! Then we all went on the 90 minute tour. I have tons of pics if I can ever be in the room long enough to upload them.

After the tour we grabbed lunch at Johnny Rockets in a shopping area adjacent to our hotel and hit the beach. We rented ds a boogie board and dd a 3 wheeled low to the ground bike and they had a blast. Actually ds is still out there on the waves 2+ hours later. Dd and I had enough beach for now and tried out the pool...aaahhhhhh so relaxing and shaded. She wanted a sweet snack so we found a place that had a carrot cake she enjoyed. Now we're here. She's trying to upload a video for a duct tape collaborative she belongs to but is having difficulty so I'm going to close this post and see if I can help her.

Dinner tonight is planned for a make your own pizza place... not sure how that works but it's in that same shopping area from earlier and we think it has outdoor seating which is what we're looking for.

Tomorrow we check into ASMu and head to Epcot!!!

Sounds awesome. I will keep this in mind for a future trip! Thanks for the details about the resort!

Hi all!! Coming to you from the complimentary computers in the lobby of the Hilton Daytona Beach.

dismom1981, the Hilton here on Daytona Beach is beautiful! It's a bit strange to be in such a nice resort and still see folks walking in the marble lobby in wet swimsuits but that doesn't take away from anything. The staff has been very nice and accommodating.

This morning we headed out for breakfast at ihop. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We made a quick stop at Walgreens for a toothbrush for dh that he *swears* he put in his bag LOL.

Then we headed to Daytona Speedway where the salesman with the Richard Petty Driving Experience talked me into doing a ride along. I got to go around the track 3 laps at 165 miles per hour. It was so awesome!! Then we all went on the 90 minute tour. I have tons of pics if I can ever be in the room long enough to upload them.

After the tour we grabbed lunch at Johnny Rockets in a shopping area adjacent to our hotel and hit the beach. We rented ds a boogie board and dd a 3 wheeled low to the ground bike and they had a blast. Actually ds is still out there on the waves 2+ hours later. Dd and I had enough beach for now and tried out the pool...aaahhhhhh so relaxing and shaded. She wanted a sweet snack so we found a place that had a carrot cake she enjoyed. Now we're here. She's trying to upload a video for a duct tape collaborative she belongs to but is having difficulty so I'm going to close this post and see if I can help her.

Dinner tonight is planned for a make your own pizza place... not sure how that works but it's in that same shopping area from earlier and we think it has outdoor seating which is what we're looking for.

Tomorrow we check into ASMu and head to Epcot!!!

Sounds great! Thanks for the details about the resort! We will definitely consider this for a future trip!

Lol sorry for two posts. I thought the first one never went through so I did it again.

I apologize for no update yesterday it was a bit of a whirlwind. We were able to get to Epcot shortly after rope drop which was way more than I expected. Even with that and sending the fam ahead for FPs the stand by wait was 80 minutes before 9:45. I have the list of our days activities and meals and hopefully I can post that during today's mid day break. Right now we're waiting for rope drop at MK!!!

I'm very sorry but I'm going to have to abandon my live report plans. My feet are much worse than anticipated. Dd is having some difficulties and there have been a few other issues as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter