• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Infant is running this PTR - Completed

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
Some Background on my Disney history: I love Disney we used to go a lot (about once a year?) when I was younger and I loved it. My last trip as a child was fall of 96 for the 25th anniversary you know the ‘pink’ castle days. I hadn't been to Disney in 15 years when we went in 2012. I was a newlywed and my husband couldn't believe we were going to Disney! My mom had gotten sick a few months before my wedding and wanted to go as a family. So we went. My husband ended up loving it and I was hooked all over again! We returned for our birthdays December of 2013 my parents met us for some meals and we also were able to tell them we were about 8 weeks pregnant. Now DD is now 8 months, she will be 10 months for the trip.

When May 2-6, to short in my opinion, so much so I am already planning a week trip in 2016, don’t tell DH, he knows I have mentioned it but I don’t think he realizes how serious I am, I am so annoyed I agreed to such a short trip this time!

Where – The Contemporary, originally was the Polly but I got nervous the pool may not be finished so I moved to the Contemporary and everyone else followed they go where DD goes

The Cast:
10271484_10101865764454889_1596179125756899307_n.jpg

(we like amusement parks what can i say!)

Me – Mom I am the solo planner for this trip, and I am writing this Trip report in hopes that I can stop stressing so much by getting my plans out there and maybe getting some feedback, I guess a little late for some items like ADRs and FP+ but I am just hoping this helps me with the stress of planning this trip

DH – Dad doesn't love Disney as much as I do, but loves how happy it makes me, isn't he sweet! Every time I ask his opinion he says do what I want, which is great but no help what so ever.

DD – Will be a few days shy of 10 months at date of travel, while we all know this trip is for her and at the end of the day my plans mean nothing, we will let her lead. But I really hope I can share my love of Disney with her and she will want to go back many times.
10888377_10101990104351739_8351333939847347585_n.jpg

Grampie – This is my dad, I am a little worried about him for this trip, my mom passed away a few months after the last trip, almost a year now. I think this trip may be hard for him, he loves Disney and my parents stopped there on their honeymoon. I think he is very excited to go with DD, but he is still very emotional, and I know seeing my mom’s favorite rides, or doing her favorite things is going to be hard.

Aunt J – My Sister she loves her niece and is really excited to get to come for DD’s first Disney trip, she will be driving up with Grampie and only staying till the 5th

Aunt J’s BF – Not sure what to call him, but he is along for the ride, and hopefully will help make the trip great. Also driving up with Grampie and Aunt J and only staying till the 5th

Grammie – My MIL Flying down with us, but going on a cruise after, I am not sure, but I think she is very excited, and happy we invited her to join us.

Poppy – My FIL Flying down with us, but going on a cruise after, He is really easy going, so I hope he has a great time

Some notes – I promised my DH that I would not be a ‘vacation psycho’ I think people on the DIS call it commando style. I promised we would take it slower for DD and be okay if we miss things, I may need to take something to contain my excitement when we get there but I am really going to try!

I have told everyone they do not need to stay with us the whole time, but I have a feeling they aren't going to want to leave DD (at least my side of the family first grandchild and all).

I will probably post some pics of everyone at the parks if I do a trip report, but for now I am only going to post my immediate family.

Thanks for stopping by, and hopefully I will figure out the right way to do this!

Last edited:
May 2nd Travel day - to Disney we go!

We are flying from NJ to Orlando we should land about 1:45, we are planning on taking the ME and heading right to the resort, hoping to be at the resort between 3:30 and 4. I have been reading up on ME and I am only a little worried about my luggage, I also hope the in-laws follow my directions about the yellow tags! Grampie, Aunt J and BF are driving up from South Florida so they should get there way earlier in the day. I am lucky as I have sent a bunch of items to them and they are going to drive them up, diapers, wipes, etc.

As part of my not being a vacation psycho we are not going to a park on arrival day, we will check in may going to the pool, walk around relax. We have a 6:45 reservation at The Wave which I have been hearing wonderful things about. We may take a walk after this check out the electrical water pageant but take it easy and hopefully be in bed earlyish and well rested for an early day tomorrow. Nothing exciting except for arriving going on during the travel day.

Did I just jinx myself?

I will figure out how to link my posts..... at somepoint....

Last edited:
May 3rd – Magic Kingdom maybe Epcot?

We have an early Chef Mickeys breakfast 7:20, my MIL has already expressed this is ‘early’ for her. But I told her it’s optional and it’s in the hotel. I am very excited for this breakfast, I know the restaurant isn't the best but the location for us can’t be beat, and I think seeing the fab 5 will be a great start to our day. I am just hoping DD is ok with the characters. I know it was a while ago, and she was only 5 months old but she didn't mind the characters at sesame place, and she didn't mind Santa, Rudolph, or Frosty during the holidays. Hopefully we have the same luck at Disney.

Then it’s off to the Magic Kingdom, we will probably walk, but the monorail is an option too. I am hoping to arrive around 9 or a few minutes before. I have FP for PP from 10-11 and Winnie the Pooh from 11-12 Buzz for the guys from 4-5 and Anna and Elsa for the girls that overlap from 430-5 (approx. times because to get all the girls to overlap for A&E I needed to book in a bunch of different sets, it’s annoying but I got what I wanted). We most likely will go right to Fantasyland and take in the attractions over there, no set touring plan and I am going to take it easy I don’t even mind if we miss some FP as long as we make A&E. I have obviously bought into the hype DD has no clue who they are, I mean she is 10 months she can’t watch 15 min of Doc McStuffins let alone Frozen, but I feel like she needs this picture, I am crazy, I know it and I am proud of it. I am thinking after Pooh we may take a break for naps and maybe the pool and head back just in time for A&E at 4:30, but it will all depends on how DD is doing, she tends to sleep well in the stroller so if she falls asleep we may walk around and do rides in waves.

Now here is where I went crazy and analyzed way too much, Dinner this night I could not make up my mind, I wanted BOG but no such luck, so I booked Tony’s but had heard so many bad things I wasn't sure this was a good idea, also no drinks and we are mostly adults. So I ended up taking a 6:50 at Rose and Crown. However I am leaning towards canceling this as well and letting people get food at the booths for the Flower and Garden Festival, or eating QS at MK, which also leaves our night more open if DD needs to go to bed early, or falls asleep in the stroller.

This is the day I am most worried about Grammpie, my mom’s favorite ride of all time is Pirates of the Caribbean, and I was really hoping it would be down for refurb already when we went. But it isn't scheduled till the 11th I may be the only person who wanted it during her trip!

Last edited:
May 4th – Animal Kingdom? Pool? Epcot and Akershus Princess Dinner!

I am leaving the morning plans open for now. I have been ALL over with these plans, first it was HS, and then I changed to AK now I am thinking may just hang out by the pool in the morning. I have no reservations at AK and no FP+ so I am going to see how the first day goes and play the morning by ear. If everything goes as planned we will go to AK around 9am for RD, the Safari, EE and seeing some animals. I have never been to AK before so I am excited to check out this park. However if we aren’t feeling it we may just stick around the resort and relax by the pool which would also be amazing.

We have FP for Sorian from 3:30-4:30. I have living with the land and Nemo between 3-5 so I hope to do those why everyone else does Sorian. I hope we can make it in time for everyone to ride Soarin before our 5:15 Akershus reservation. I am really excited for this meal, I know DD probably won’t remember it but I am really excited to go to a princess meal, kid at heart here!

DD falls asleep in the stroller pretty well so I am hoping after dinner she falls asleep and we can walk around WS a little bit. My husband surprised me the other day by saying walking around and just taking everything in is half the fun, so that made me really happy and even more excited for this trip. Really hoping we get that in either this day or the next day.

Last edited:

I am really excited to read how this all plays out with the little one. Having been before you are seeming so relaxed about getting in your dinning reservations and rides. I think it's adorable that you have character breakfasts, for the "baby" of course ;)
We are travelling with an infant in August, but as it's 4 adults (2 have never been) plus the baby we are going to try and still "go hard". We are making touring plans factoring for child swap, but otherwise kind of acting like it's just us big kids. We shall see...

I am really excited to read how this all plays out with the little one. Having been before you are seeming so relaxed about getting in your dinning reservations and rides. I think it's adorable that you have character breakfasts, for the "baby" of course ;)
We are travelling with an infant in August, but as it's 4 adults (2 have never been) plus the baby we are going to try and still "go hard". We are making touring plans factoring for child swap, but otherwise kind of acting like it's just us big kids. We shall see...

Thanks for following along, I am really interested to see how this plays out as well!

Can't wait to hear about your trip too!

Following along to see how things go for you! Your comments about Pirates really got to me. My dad's favorite ride was It's a small World. It was the first and last ride we had to go on whenever we went to DL (I grew up in So Cal). I still love that ride, but I always feel a bit happy/sad when I ride it. I hope this is a happy trip for your dad, understanding it might be hard, too. I've been to the World with kids of all ages (I have four - first trip was with the first two and I was pregnant with our third). One thing I realized early on with kids is you learn to appreciate all the things you miss as an adult. I have a photo of my youngest at 10 months meeting Minnie for the first time. She has a decidedly suspicious look on her face, but she didn't cry. And while she doesn't remember it, I do. And she'll likely appreciate the photo when she's older!

Following along to see how things go for you! Your comments about Pirates really got to me. My dad's favorite ride was It's a small World. It was the first and last ride we had to go on whenever we went to DL (I grew up in So Cal). I still love that ride, but I always feel a bit happy/sad when I ride it. I hope this is a happy trip for your dad, understanding it might be hard, too. I've been to the World with kids of all ages (I have four - first trip was with the first two and I was pregnant with our third). One thing I realized early on with kids is you learn to appreciate all the things you miss as an adult. I have a photo of my youngest at 10 months meeting Minnie for the first time. She has a decidedly suspicious look on her face, but she didn't cry. And while she doesn't remember it, I do. And she'll likely appreciate the photo when she's older!

Thanks for following along! Happy to hear that while you feel sad you are also happy while riding Small world, i hope we all feel similar on pirates! Really hoping for some similar experiences as you had with Minnie with our daughter.

I should have mentioned in the last post my dad, Sister and her BF are leaving after dinner. They are driving home to Southern Florida so we don’t have to be done at a specific time. I will be sad to see them go but am happy they are joining us for the first few days.

We are in the final count down 41 days! (OK not that final but it feels like its, so close I can taste it! It tastes like a Mickey bar if you were wondering).

On a side note DD has decided she likes to sleep in on the weekends 7:30-8ish, (I still wake her at 6:30 during the week). While this is amazing for us, I am now worried about our 7:20 breakfast at Chef Mickey on the first day....Worst case I guess I will wake her 10 minutes before and head down, luckily its in the lobby right? I'm not going to change it now, plus I want to be in the park around 9am (maybe rope drop!)

Last edited:
Hi Lauren! :wave: I'm Lauren too!! :D Your plans sound really fun & I totally love how you've got FastPasses for A&E... for the baby of course ;)... I love Frozen too!!

Our DD was 10 months on our first trip too in 2011! So sorry to hear about your mom. :hug: My dad passed away just 2 weeks before our first trip. It was bittersweet for sure but you'll make so many great memories and find ways to honor your mom on your trip! How wonderful that you all had the foresight to go together when she was still well enough to go! :goodvibes

Hi Lauren! :wave: I'm Lauren too!! :D Your plans sound really fun & I totally love how you've got FastPasses for A&E... for the baby of course ;)... I love Frozen too!!

Our DD was 10 months on our first trip too in 2011! So sorry to hear about your mom. :hug: My dad passed away just 2 weeks before our first trip. It was bittersweet for sure but you'll make so many great memories and find ways to honor your mom on your trip! How wonderful that you all had the foresight to go together when she was still well enough to go! :goodvibes

So nice to meet another Lauren, thanks for stopping by! :welcome: I mean whats not to like about Frozen, I know its a little much, and all over. BUT since DD is too little to really be into it yet, i am having fun enjoying it for her!

Thank you for the kind words about my mom, I hope you're right (and I'm pretty sure you are) we will make great memories and that's so important. We were really lucky to get two trips in after the diagnoses, they hold great memories for me.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, but i think bittersweet is exactly how we will all feel too.

Feel free to leave any tips about WDW with a 10 months old!

Feel free to leave any tips about WDW with a 10 months old!

You're going to LOVE traveling with a baby! 10 months is such a wonderful age because she's like this adorable little sponge, soaking in all this beautiful newness! You're going to see her eyes light up at every turn. :cloud9: Will she "get it"? I suppose that's debatable but I don't think it matters. YOU'll get it! And as she gets older she'll ask to see pictures from the trip and talk about the stories you tell her as if she remembers.

I absolutely loved having my big stroller! Being able to stash all our stuff in it all day was awesome! We never had a problem with anyone "messing" with our things while we left it parked in the stroller parking lots but I'd definitely wouldn't leave anything too valuable in it. Also, if your DD is used to napping in her stroller, you're golden!

Since you have 7 adults, you can TOTALLY maximize your FastPasses and use Rider Swap! When we went, you can get three people in on ONE Rider Swap ticket. Not sure if that's changed. So, instead of scheduling everyone for Space Mountain, schedule half your party on Space Mountain and half on Splash. You then use your RS ticket to get the others through the FastPass line. That way, you could essentially get in a couple extra scheduled FastPasses without having to go through the kiosks! Just make sure you only do that on the rides that take Rider Swap! All rides with a height requirement will do RS!

My experience with our youngest at ten months was a good one. She hated the stroller and would never nap in it. But she was pretty portable and I got some nice "mom arms" after toting her around the parks for seven days. We've been to WDW enough that I didn't worry too much about doing everything.

Her sleep habits might change up again on you in the next few weeks. And she might change again on vacation. Ours didn't sleep through the night until she was 18 months old. Her siblings were all better long before that age, though. It really depends on the child.

My experience with our youngest at ten months was a good one. She hated the stroller and would never nap in it. But she was pretty portable and I got some nice "mom arms" after toting her around the parks for seven days. We've been to WDW enough that I didn't worry too much about doing everything.

Her sleep habits might change up again on you in the next few weeks. And she might change again on vacation. Ours didn't sleep through the night until she was 18 months old. Her siblings were all better long before that age, though. It really depends on the child.

Some 'Mom arms' wouldn't be so bad :). I'm trying to remind myself we don't need it do it all too and it's ok to miss or skip some things!

I will say sleeping habits are so unpredictable and that is not my favorite things about being a new mom, except when they are positive changes :)

May 5th - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Cinco de mayo

I have an 8:15 BOG reservation AND a 11:45 BOG reservation, I am only going to keep one, but not sure which one yet. I love the idea of the early entry to the park with the breakfast; however the lunch menu seems amazing and I really LOVE cupcakes.

Basically this MK day will be to fill in anything we didn’t get in the first day, or do any repeat that’s DD seemed to really enjoy. I do have FP for Mine Train (child swap), Buzz Light year and the FoF parade. I haven’t seen a parade in forever so I am really hoping DD makes it till parade time or we can take an early break and make it back in time for the parade. Other than that we are just going to take it easy and hopefully take in some rides and shows.

As of now we are planning to hop to Epcot for a 6:00 reservation at La Hacienda De San Angel , I think this may be tight if we are able to make it to the parade especially if DD hasn't napped at all, but I think after the first two days I will have a better idea how DD is doing and if she will be able to make it to dinner and the parade or if should cancel one.

I also have a BOG reservation for 8am on the 4th, if we are going for a pool day I may keep this but if we are thinking AK I am going to cancel it…. SO many choices! I really have a love/hate relationship with ADR’s and the $10 fee, I mean it is helpful because then people don’t keep a whole bunch of reservations they don’t use, but at the same time I can’t make any last minute choices which is a little annoying.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean about the ADRs. I'm assuming they'll extend the breakfast for BOG and I can get one for August. I was able to make one for lunch one of the days we're there. I prefer the dinner menu, but wasn't going to stress about it. I've always wanted to eat at Hacienda San Angel. Just never been able to swing it. I've heard the food is okay, but the atmosphere is wonderful. Are you going to HS at all. I admit, it's my least favorite park, but our daughter loved the show with Doc McStuffins and Jake from the Neverland Pirates. But then she had about a year on your little one when we went there.

May 5th - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Cinco de mayo

I have an 8:15 BOG reservation AND a 11:45 BOG reservation, I am only going to keep one, but not sure which one yet. I love the idea of the early entry to the park with the breakfast; however the lunch menu seems amazing and I really LOVE cupcakes.

Basically this MK day will be to fill in anything we didn’t get in the first day, or do any repeat that’s DD seemed to really enjoy. I do have FP for Mine Train (child swap), Buzz Light year and the FoF parade. I haven’t seen a parade in forever so I am really hoping DD makes it till parade time or we can take an early break and make it back in time for the parade. Other than that we are just going to take it easy and hopefully take in some rides and shows.

As of now we are planning to hop to Epcot for a 6:00 reservation at La Hacienda De San Angel , I think this may be tight if we are able to make it to the parade especially if DD hasn't napped at all, but I think after the first two days I will have a better idea how DD is doing and if she will be able to make it to dinner and the parade or if should cancel one.

I also have a BOG reservation for 8am on the 4th, if we are going for a pool day I may keep this but if we are thinking AK I am going to cancel it…. SO many choices! I really have a love/hate relationship with ADR’s and the $10 fee, I mean it is helpful because then people don’t keep a whole bunch of reservations they don’t use, but at the same time I can’t make any last minute choices which is a little annoying.

Mmmmm... now you have me thinking about cupcakes! I love how you're keeping your itineraries so chill! It really will make it easier to just go with the flow (of the infant ;) ) Totally with you on the ADR's. There's just so many choices and everything looks so fun!

I know exactly what you mean about the ADRs. I'm assuming they'll extend the breakfast for BOG and I can get one for August. I was able to make one for lunch one of the days we're there. I prefer the dinner menu, but wasn't going to stress about it. I've always wanted to eat at Hacienda San Angel. Just never been able to swing it. I've heard the food is okay, but the atmosphere is wonderful. Are you going to HS at all. I admit, it's my least favorite park, but our daughter loved the show with Doc McStuffins and Jake from the Neverland Pirates. But then she had about a year on your little one when we went there.

I decided on no HS this trip :(. It was a hard call but with only 3 park days I didn't want to over book us. Originally I had HS instead of AK but that's May 4th and someone on the board pointed out May the 4th be with you and I decdied to try AK as we have never been, I really was torn!! We do watch a little Disney Jr but I'm not sure she is to into Doc, Jake or Sofia YET. I'm def planning on this and H&V for our next trip (hopefully April 2016!)! However I'm not totally ruling out this park as we do have Hoppers!!

BOG update!!

I signed up for one of those Disney ADR sites that text or email you when a reservation is available. My phone was blowing up at 4am!!!

I got dinner for the 3rd! I am so excited as this is what I really wanted! I am going to drop the lunch reservations and the breakfast on the 4th but I'm going to hang on to the breakfast on the 5th as now the early entry seems like a great idea since I can get my CUPCAKE of grey stuff on the 3rd!pixiedust::banana::cool1:

Mmmmm... now you have me thinking about cupcakes! I love how you're keeping your itineraries so chill! It really will make it easier to just go with the flow (of the infant ;) ) Totally with you on the ADR's. There's just so many choices and everything looks so fun!

ADRs I think we need a whole book explaining this process and the love/hate relationship I tried to explain it to someone the other day totally over there head. If you don't plan Disney you don't get it!

I hope keeping the plans so chill helps, I really want everyone to have an amazing time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter