The "I Drove My Family Nuts Getting All These Pics" Dining Review! UPDATED 4/8 FINAL

Thanks for sharing your family's dining experiences (and all the photos!). You've made me as Earl of Sandwich and Ohana Dinner to my Disney wish list :)

Loved reading your review and looking at all the yummy food. But I just have to say when we were there last fall and ate at Cooke's of Dublinn we got the snicker dough bar and I loved loved it. I can't wait to go back and get one again, so I guess it is just a matter of taste. We did share one though, I don't think I could eat a whole one by myself.

Loved reading your review and looking at all the yummy food. But I just have to say when we were there last fall and ate at Cooke's of Dublinn we got the snicker dough bar and I loved loved it. I can't wait to go back and get one again, so I guess it is just a matter of taste. We did share one though, I don't think I could eat a whole one by myself.

That is good to hear! I was hoping it was just a bad day. I don't think I'd order it again, still, but I am really glad to hear it may have been a fluke.

Nice pics, sorry if I missed this but what camera are you using?

Oddly enough, the vast majority of them were taken on the iPhone! LOL The ones at CRT, BOG dinner, and Ohana breakfast were on a Pentax K-r. I have no idea what I am doing with it still, though! :lmao:

Thanks for the great reviews. I'll definitely be putting Raglan Road on the list next time!

I thought Tusker House lunch was mediocre. Also, IMO Crystal Palace quality seems to be going down

We ended up at Hollywood Studios for the rest of the day after our morning at Animal Kingdom. We wanted to see Fantasmic, since we never had before. We stayed for the show and it was really nice, I am glad we did it. I don't know that we would do it again, but it was worth having the experience at least once. So, we had planned to have a dinner at Downtown Disney (I was thinking EOS or WPC) but we were so tired after fighting the crowds after Fantasmic that we just decided to head back to the hotel and get something there in the food court.

We arrived at Sassagoula Floatworks and looked through the different stations and what we could order. After much deliberation, we all decided what we'd like.

I chose the Fried Chicken and DH chose the Chicken & Rib combo. It came with two sides, which we ordered the same. DH wanted mac and cheese for some reason, but it wasn't available where we were. The cast member said they could go get some from another station and I decided to have some, too, so he brought back two sides of mac & cheese. I don't know why I didn't take the top off the container for the picture, but I didn't. It was just the standard Disney mac & cheese, ok but not spectacular. We also got the mashed potatoes, mine with gravy, his without. And the meal would not be complete without the side of cornbread.

xlkziB5.jpg

rz9Y8Rj.jpg

Neither of us finished the entire plate of food, but we made a pretty good dent in it. The chicken was really good actually. Nice flavor and tender. The mashed potatoes and mac and cheese were just OK, they were nothing special, but decent for counter service hotel food. The cornbread was tasty, not too dry.

DS went with one of his favorites, a cheeseburger. For his side and dessert he chose grapes and apples. He also added pickles and tomatoes to his burger. DD went with a grilled cheese and also picked grapes and apples. She added pickles, which were very much enjoyed. They both got water with their meals as well.

bk1CA84.jpg

N91SEu2.jpg

They enjoyed their meal. I didn't taste either of them, but they seemed very happy with their choices and as always, they really loved the fruit.

DH and I once again went with the same choice for dessert, freshly made beignets!

hY7Odm3.jpg

When we were checking out, they stamped our receipt and said we could come back within 90 minutes to pick up our beignets. I was very happy about this because the line was so long for the bakery that our food would have been ruined by the time we stood in it to get our desserts. We each had a beignet and then we were stuffed! They were good, though not as good as earlier in our trip, or maybe we were just too full to enjoy them. Overall, for a quick and easy meal at the hotel, we liked what we got at Sassagoula Floatworks. I'd much prefer another location if the circumstances were different, but for our situation, it worked out great and I'm glad it was an option.

Love the chicken from POFQ and the pot raost is delicious too. We are staying at POR on our next trip and I can see us going over there at least once or twice to eat both of those items.

I just searched for a Raglan Road review and found yours. We are dropping our Crystal Palace Dinner plans and changing things around a bit (because we are already meeting Pooh at 1900 PF) and we've picked up RR.

Your review has sealed that deal, especially the kids desserts and bread pudding :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter