• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The I am a pirate/fireman, I am not a hijacker thread, all about nothing in general

The main street Barber Shop at WDW is going to be under refurb while we're there. No first hair cut for DD then. :sad2:

Bah! I'm leaving the country in 12 days (or something) and I've gone and gotten a cold :sick: Fingers crossed it's well and truly gone by our holidays, but I'm used to being sick on holidays...

I hope you get better quickly too.

A few days back, I could feel a chest infection returning (last school holidays I had one that led to pneumonia and forced bed rest for 3 weeks), so rushed to the doctor who confirmed that yes, my chest wasn't sounding great, but it was good I'd got in early.
When she heard I was a week away from a high altitude trip to Yellowstone, she gave me a prescription for antibiotics and 3 different types of allergy medication, and right now, I'm feeling pretty darn good. :rotfl: Long may it last!

Bec, you'll be pleased you're not here this weekend. There is a weather bomb slated to his the country today which is bringing everything from high winds to snow. There are snow warnings for places like the Milford Road. Hopefully everywhere will have warmed up and be looking picturesque by the time you arrive, but do remember a few warm winter jumpers just incase.

I hope you get better quickly too.

A few days back, I could feel a chest infection returning (last school holidays I had one that led to pneumonia and forced bed rest for 3 weeks), so rushed to the doctor who confirmed that yes, my chest wasn't sounding great, but it was good I'd got in early.
When she heard I was a week away from a high altitude trip to Yellowstone, she gave me a prescription for antibiotics and 3 different types of allergy medication, and right now, I'm feeling pretty darn good. :rotfl: Long may it last!

Bec, you'll be pleased you're not here this weekend. There is a weather bomb slated to his the country today which is bringing everything from high winds to snow. There are snow warnings for places like the Milford Road. Hopefully everywhere will have warmed up and be looking picturesque by the time you arrive, but do remember a few warm winter jumpers just incase.

Not long to go for you. Safe Travels!

Oh I know, I've been watching the weather! :lmao: What are the weather people saying? Are they expecting it to clear up?

Oh I know, I've been watching the weather! :lmao: What are the weather people saying? Are they expecting it to clear up?

Not sure sorry. If there is something I've learnt over the years, extended weather forecasts in this country are almost always wrong. I believe what they have to say about 2 or 3 days in advance, but any more than that and I don't bother listening.

The rain has been miserable this weekend and today is so cold - definitely the cold winds coming up from the South Island. But the weather is so changeable during Sep/Oct that it's hard to predict from one week to the next. This weekend is like winter, next weekend could feel like summer. My fingers will be crossed that you see the best of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter