The "How Could You?" trips x2-the finale! 2/12

While I know that Discovery Cove cost a lot of money, it sounds like it was well worth the once in a lifetime opportunity. :thumbsup2

Walking the Boardwalk is one of the things that I've always wanted to do but, for some reason, we never make it over there. I've heard nothing but good things about the evenings there.

Thanks so much for posting pictures of the CSR. As you know, we are a bit nervous about trying a new resort but these pictures are calming my nerves. It looks so lovely.

While I know that Discovery Cove cost a lot of money, it sounds like it was well worth the once in a lifetime opportunity. :thumbsup2

Walking the Boardwalk is one of the things that I've always wanted to do but, for some reason, we never make it over there. I've heard nothing but good things about the evenings there.

Thanks so much for posting pictures of the CSR. As you know, we are a bit nervous about trying a new resort but these pictures are calming my nerves. It looks so lovely.

You are most welcome for the photos. I love walking the resorts early in the morning taking pictures. It's so peaceful. You will enjoy the resort if you keep your ressie there. The pool is really nice.

The Boardwalk is great fun. You can get a whole pizza to share from a side restaurant. Not bad tasting either for pizza at Disney.

glad I could help, and I know this is the second time I've replied to this post, but the Dis won't let me post again. Some kind of glitch.:confused3

OK, now that I've moved on and posted twice to Lisa, :wave2: we will resume our scheduled programming and I will try to retype what I had here yesterday before it wentpixiedust:

We were finally out the door to head here about 12:30.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

:lmao: Now that you know where we were going....

We wandered to the turnstiles to enter using our DC passes and had no trouble getting in. Came across these little fellows:

IMG_0468.jpg

Kids spied the Manta coaster first and wanted to ride. This coaster posts signs all over to have you empty your pockets and leave your bags in a locker. But do you think folks listen?

IMG_0483.jpg

The nets catch everything falling out of people's pockets before it pummels the poor unsuspecting folks walking underneath. :rolleyes1 We saw cell phones, change galore, wallets, you name it. If it will fit in a pocket, it will fall out on that ride. Lines were not all that long so the kids wanted to hit it twice before moving on.

From there we went into the Clyde and Seamore show (the walrus and sea lions). We were late in entering and the theater was crowded, so I didn't get any photos, but we'd seen this show in 2005 in San Diego. It was suprisingly similar and, believe it or not, the kids remembered the storyline.

Around 2:00, we decided to go grab some lunch. We went to the Spice Mill. Sort of like a food court though all in one line you walk through picking up what you'd like to have along the way. Cheeseburger platter for $9.29. Club Sandwich for $8.29. Watermelon for $3.39. Large bowl of strawberries for $4.99. side ceasar sale for DD $3.49. one 8oz milk for 1.99 and 2 soft drinks for $5.38. All I wrote in my notes was "OK" so I guess it wasn't all that much to talk about. :rotfl: That is after the price list.

We wandered out of the mill (which is actually located right on the big lake and very pretty with some outdoor seating-too hot to sit there today) and over to check out the tanks of fish.

IMG_0469.jpg

Don't the boys look thrilled to be here?

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Time to move on to the Shark Tank!! Better post this before I lose it again as this was about where I was last time.

As I am writing up this afternoon, I am noticing that it is sorely lacking in photos. I don't know if I just wasn't in a picture taking mood today or what the problem was. The park is cute. Lots of colorful photo ops in the different areas with the themed buildings. Looks like you are wandering around Key West.

We headed into the Shark Tunnels. Now you will never catch me knowingly enter any shark infested waters-even if I am inside a cage.

IMG_0475.jpg

few fish-don't think I want to get too close to this one either.

IMG_0474.jpg

Riding through the tunnel

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

About this time I think I overheard DS comment he "hoped it didn't spring a leak in there".

IMG_0478.jpg

Da Dum Da Dum Da Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Sufficiently cooled off and done with the fishes, we decided it was time to wait out some rides. Lines still really weren't all that bad.

IMG_0485.jpg

We were hoping to get a little wet, but really wasn't as great as we'd hoped. Definitely not Splash Mountain.

IMG_0486.jpg

Moving on.........."Ello Beastie"

IMG_0488.jpg

Fun ride, but Manta was the favorite here.

IMG_0487.jpg

Had enough of the rides for a bit. Off to wander again. What's a visit to FL without a sighting of one of these?

IMG_0489.jpg

I think I'll take mine this size, thank you.

IMG_0490.jpg

About this time it was getting warm again, and an indoor movie seemed like a nice choice. We headed into Turtle Trek in 3D. It's a domed theater where you stand to view what it's like to start life as a Sea Turtle and make your way to the ocean just after hatching. Quite a cute show.

IMG_0492.jpg

It was a little warm while we waited....

IMG_0493.jpg

After the show, we checked in on some of the endangered species.

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

Love the sea turtles. I could stand there and watch them swim around all day.

IMG_0501.jpg

One last look at the Manatees from the topside.

IMG_0502.jpg

We were getting parked out by this time. Everyone was ready to head back. So after a quick stop into a dump shop of sorts for a pin purchase, and a viewing of some not so endangered species....

IMG_0503.jpg

We headed off back to Disney. Where shall we go for dinner tonight?........

Where to? Where to? The beauty of having a car at Disney is the ability to drive around deciding what you might want to do for dinner.:rotfl: We thought about going back to our resort to try the Pepper Market and then relax by the pool. But where is the fun in exploring what you've already explored? We've never stayed at, nor wandered around any Value Resorts, so how about one of those? POP has always intrigued me, so POP it is!! And then we can wander across to check out the new Art of Animation!:woohoo:

IMG_0509.jpg

I wish I'd taken pictures inside Everything Pop! It was the coolest gift shop/food court I think I have ever encountered. No wonder so many people enjoy staying here. We ate the Chicken Penne Alfredo Pasta, Veggie Lasagna, and 2 had the fish of the day (salmon). Plenty to eat and it was all really good.

Time to go exploring. Come along.......

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

I loved how all the sidewalks along POP between the decades had signs along the way telling little facts and tidbits about that decade. I wish I had more time to read them all. Must go back!!

Hmmm. A look across the lake. Let's go check it out!

IMG_0515.jpg

DUDE!!!

IMG_0518.jpg

The Nemo Pool area is quite cool! Looks like great fun!

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Let's head inside, shall we?

I LOVED this chandelier!

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

the halls are really cool, too. So much to look at.

IMG_0528.jpg

Food court seating area-the Lion King section gives you the feel of sitting in the middle of the savannah.

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

Over in the Cars themed seating area...

IMG_0531.jpg

Heading back outside. Here's one for Kathy and Mark!

IMG_0532.jpg

On to explore the newly opened Cars area of the hotel!.......

The Cars Land area of the hotel had just opened and there really weren't a lot of people around. We loved seemingly having the place to ourselves.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

You really sort of feel like you've just stepped into a movie!

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

Better post before I am out of space.

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

A guy must have his picture with the lady!

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Time to head back across.

IMG_0549.jpg

A look across the lake from the opposite direction.

IMG_0551.jpg

We decided it was time to head back to CSR. DS really wanted a swim in the pool and DD and I wanted to relax by the pool and catch a movie.
It was a little cool, so we girls opted not to put suits on, and just grabbed towels to sit on the edge of the stairs across from the movie screen. They were showing "Hercules". I'd yet to see this movie all the way through, so I was sort of looking forward to it. DS donned his suit and went on in. You know what they say about the whole "no sense, no feeling"?!
Remember the size of the pool? Here, let me refresh your memory.....

296.jpg

The movie screen was set up by the Mayan statue and DD and I were sitting on the stairs on the opposite side.
One would think, with a pool this size, you could sit an enjoy a movie on one side of the pool while others enjoyed a swim and splash across the way. Well, about 30 minutes before the end of the movie, and just as the lifegaurds were calling it a night, a group of rowdy, unchaperoned teens, hit the pool. AND they felt, in their infinite wisdom, that having a "jumping off of one another's shoulders contest" directly in line with DD and I was a good idea, followed by screaming and splashing and obscenities. Well, after about 10 minutes of this, and trying to dodge the water all while trying to catch the end of the movie I'd just sat through the first 60 minutes of in peace, I'd had it. :mic: The parental unit in me just had to say something. Thankfully, they realized the error of their ways :scared:, and politely excused themselves to the other side of the pool.

We finished up our movie in peace and proceeded to call it a night. We had some packing up to do. Tomorrow morning we were moving! ..................Where to next?!

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. Sleeping in (or getting up early and taking a leisurely tour around the resort), unrushed day at a park, checking out new places at WDW, a little dinner, a movie at the pool. Ah! Life is good at WDW!

I got a couple of updates behind...sorry.

LOVE your photos at CSR...I can't wait to be back there in 25 days (it's been over two years since we stayed there).

Well, love the pictures of the coaster at Sea World, but you wouldn't me dead on it. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I really want to get back to Sea World one of these days (maybe we'll do it with the dolphin thing next year).

Mark really :lmao:wants to stay at Arts of Animation for a night or two in April when we go for his business trip. I don't normally do values, but I might make an exception to make him happy this one time.

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. Sleeping in (or getting up early and taking a leisurely tour around the resort), unrushed day at a park, checking out new places at WDW, a little dinner, a movie at the pool. Ah! Life is good at WDW!

Life at WDW is, indeed, good! :thumbsup2

I got a couple of updates behind...sorry.

LOVE your photos at CSR...I can't wait to be back there in 25 days (it's been over two years since we stayed there).

Well, love the pictures of the coaster at Sea World, but you wouldn't me dead on it. :lmao::lmao::lmao: I really want to get back to Sea World one of these days (maybe we'll do it with the dolphin thing next year).

Mark really :lmao:wants to stay at Arts of Animation for a night or two in April when we go for his business trip. I don't normally do values, but I might make an exception to make him happy this one time.

AofA looks like a great place to try. Kids really want to stay there. Only problem is, TLM section is often sold out and if I am spending the kind of money it takes in the suites sections, I am staying at least mod, if not deluxe.

Good morning friends!!! I finally have some time to myself to work on this report again. Loading photos to photobucket this morning and then we shall move on to Day 7 and moving day!! :banana:

We were up early this morning. Finished our packing and out the door by 9:30. Finally getting a chance to stay at the one resort I had loved since the first time I visited WDW.

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

getting closer-so excited!

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

Ahhhhhhh! We are here, and not just for a meal or a visit! We are actually checking in!

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

I have so many photos from the Poly and DD took quite a few herself. I will try to place them in order, but they are all jumbled on photobucket. DD have the wrong date/time so just ignore that.:rolleyes1

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

Oh, I planned to!!

IMG_0610.jpg

This lobby is just gorgeous! The fountains and greenery. The smell!!! Fresh Bamboo (by the way, you can purchase these scent machines and air fresheners for use in your home-and I have!)

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

My MIL had a small version of this at home and spent years keeping it alive. It took a number of years, but it did finally flower. I never realized they grew this big!

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Loved the theming all around the lobby.

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

In 2010, we did a Photopass photoshoot here at the Poly. I have some of my most treasured family photos from that day. We had a great time playing on the beach and in the hammocks while Alex took our photos. I will post a couple later.

One last fountain area photo and then we need to check in.

IMG_0627.jpg

When I made our reservation, I used the 30% off room rate code I had received in an email. Unfortunately, the code only applied to Standard rooms. I requested high floor with a balcony and a nice view. I really had no idea what to hope for. I only knew I didn't want a parking lot view.

At check-in, they gave us 20th Anniversary buttons (this day was our actual 20th Anniversary and the reason for our stay at the Poly. We'd gone to Hawaii for our honeymoon. However, 2 busy kids and 20 years of inflation do not make it easy to return to Hawaii-so the Poly was the next best thing! :thumbsup2), we also received nice flower leis and the CM explained all there was to do and that we'd get to use the GF fitness center if we so chose to work out. She gave us the map, said our room was ready and we set out to discover where our room would be. The bellman grabbed our bags and said he'd meet us there.

The resort is very big. Yet it doesn't seem to take too long to walk from one area to the next.

IMG_0588.jpg

They were getting ready to open the pool slides for the day, so we stopped to watch a minute.
IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

Better move on to the room....

IMG_0579.jpg

around the quiet pool area-they played music here every afternoon.

IMG_0578.jpg

more theming

IMG_0577.jpg

Here we are

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

DH and DS decided the lobby area was a great place to have a seat!

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

Seriously? Come on...let's get to the room!

IMG_0602.jpg

3rd floor......

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Garden View!!! Looking straight off the balcony.

IMG_0573.jpg

looking to the left we could see (and hear) the quiet pool

IMG_0571.jpg

and looking to the right....

IMG_0568.jpg

If you looked really hard to the right, you could just see the lake. And we could hear the boats!

The room was quite large, largest one I've ever stayed in here in all my trips.

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

nice sized safe

IMG_0563.jpg

only a single sink :confused3

IMG_0565.jpg

toiletries over here..

IMG_0604.jpg

and the bathroom was a little scrunchy

IMG_0566.jpg

DSCI0058.jpg

there was a nice sized bedside table

DSCI0057.jpg

and this was the one and only towel animal we received the entire stay at the Poly

DSCI0053.jpg

We haven't received many different ones of these since our first stay at AKL in 2004. That year, Mousekeeping was awesome. We had new friends every day.

After checking out our room, we decided it was time to get some breakfast.

off we go back this way...
IMG_0587.jpg

to here

DSCI0094.jpg

We had scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles with bacon, kids french toast sticks, a breakfast sandwich and fruit cup, milk and a biscuit. We filled our mugs and thanks to the Disney Visa Rewards, it was like having free dining!

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

continued in next post

Everything was very good for counter service food. I found I really like Capt Cooks. After breakfast we headed inside to check out the rest of the Great Ceremonial House.
upstairs are all the restaurants and a couple of shops

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

time to head up to our room and change. We were going to spend the day enjoying the pool and relaxing. Dinner isn't until 8:15 tonight, so we had some time to enjoy ourselves.

heading back, kids decided to play around at the beach, so I decided to take some photos.

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

Missed these somehow when I posted the room photos.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

We changed and headed down to the pool for the afternoon. DS met a little boy that he played with for the afternoon. His mom and aunt had brought him down for his first visit. They were both nurses and one had gone back to school to be a doctor. They were really nice to talk with. DH decided to change and go for a run using the path from Poly to GF. DD was enjoying the slide and just hanging on the beach.

Around 3:00 it started looking a little dark. It had been sprinkling off and on while we were at the pool, but the sun did keep peeking out, so we had waited it out hoping it would clear up for good. But we finally decided to give up and head on up to the room to shower. We thought we'd spend a little time at DTD.

After getting showered and ready to go, it looked like this outside.....

IMG_0634.jpg

would we go?.......

Thoroughly enoying your report! :thumbsup2 Polynesian remains my favourite resort, and I only wish we could afford to stay there more often!! We're actually staying at CSR for our next trip, so I also loved seeing your pics for that one. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Thanks so much for allowing us to share in your trip!

We did finally go ahead and go to DTD. The pouring rain lightened up and we headed out to the van to drive over to shop and maybe have a light snack.

We walked by the sign for

IMG_0633.jpg

and offerred to leave the kids here! :rotfl:They enjoyed the kids club at the AKL in 2004. Somehow, coloring and watching movies don't have the same appeal at 12 and 14 that it did when they were 4 and 6.

Upon arriving at DTD it was still raining off and on so we grabbed the umbrellas and ponchos and headed off. We wandered in and out of a few shops. No photos, sorry. With the rain it was just too difficult to keep taking the camera in and out of the bag. We went into the Pin Trader shop. DD had been trying to complete a pin set-circle pin with dots (bubbles?) since last summer at Disneyland. She only had one left to find, and wouldn't you know it was there. She hadn't thought to grab her lanyard when we left the room, though. So I purchased a 2pk pin set for her to trade with. In that pack was an Orange Bird and one she didn't care for much and used as the trader to complete her set!!:woohoo: And then the Orange Bird set off a search for another whole new set! :headache: Isn't that what it's all about?!

We didn't find much else we wanted to buy and decided we weren't really all that eager to ruin our appetites by eating something, so we headed on back and were back at the resort around 7 to change for dinner.

I think I have this as a pin.

IMG_0636.jpg

We met up with friends from home in the lobby of the Poly. They had just come in yesterday and were headed to the Luau for dinner. We visited with them for a bit while waiting to check in. They had asked us what our plans were for the next day. We were debating whether to go to Aquatica and use our passes from DC or use our old non-expiry passes from 2004 and go to Blizzard Beach. Turns out, they were going to BB the next day as well. The kids all wanted to hang out together at the water park, so that decided that. We were leaning that way anyway. At some point in our Sea World visit, we could see Aquatica, and it looked a little worn and we weren't sure that was such a good plan to begin with. So it all worked out for the best.

We checked in as soon as we were allowed for Ohana. Seemed we still had quite a long wait. Took this while I waited. See what boredom will do?:rolleyes1

IMG_0643.jpg

We wandered around and took a few other photos while we waited, and DS checked out out some Star Wars Vinylmations. He started our friends' son in on that trading experience and created quite a monster.

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

and we searched for Hidden Mickeys

IMG_0642.jpg

Finally, after about 45 minutes, we were seated. We got a table facing the windows and had a view of Wishes during dinner. They stop the entertainment and dim the lights and pipe in the music for the show. It was a nice treat.

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

Dinner was good! Not as good as I remembered from my fall trip in 2009, but still good. I love the wings and noodles and the marinated meats are wonderful.

Kids enjoyed learning to Hula and did the coconut races.

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

We waited for desert! I LOVE this desert.

IMG_0652.jpg

The cousin brought us out an extra desert as an anniversary suprise.

IMG_0656.jpg

and DS enjoyed his own special desert-he just wanted ice cream.

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

About 11:30, we were full and tired and headed back off to our room, still hunting Hidden Mickeys.

IMG_0657.jpg

Tomorrow was going to be a great day with friends!!!

Oh....you are making me homesick for the Poly (Mark wanted to stay there next year for our 30th, but with the wedding it is way beyond what we can/want to pay). The pictures are absolutely beautiful.

Glad you had a good dinner and got to see the fireworks.

Can't wait to hear about your day with your friends.

Great pics of the Poly! We've only been there to eat, many times, but have never stayed there. It's "on the list". ::yes::

Looks like Kyle had gotten some sun on his cheeks from his time in the sun that day. :)

It looks like the Poly could do with an update on their bedding. From the pics it looks dated. I love the smell of it there too. What is this scent machine you bought? Buy it there?

Russ loves Polynesian for that very reason...the size of those rooms! Bummer you got one of the dinky bathrooms - in four stays there, we have always had a larger bathroom, thank goodness.

I cannot believe you did NOT get Tonga Toast from Capt Cook's...horrors!!! LOL Hopefully you at least got a Dole Whip at some point. (I think Capt Cook's might be my favorite resort counter service for those very two reasons. ;)

So glad to see someone is into pin trading (it's an addiction, I tell ya! :rolleyes1).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter