the HOT Now Sign is always on DCL

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by huffjoann, May 31, 2013.

1. huffjoann

huffjoann DIS Veteran

Was pleasantly surprised to see that they were using Krispy Kreme donuts on the cruise. I guess they keep them in the cooler or freezer til needed cause they were always cold. Not quite as good as hot from the glazer, but a li piece of pixiedust:home!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimmiebr80

Kimmiebr80 Mouseketeer

They are awesome on the first day and get progressively worse as the sailing progresses! They store them in the box because on the final day of our 7 day cruise they were stocking from it, and you could definitely tell they were not fresh, lol. Still a good quality product that we love!!!

4. Spwhoney

Spwhoney Mouseketeer

Krispy Kream are peanut free. Yeh, for my PA DS.:cool1:

5. Lauriejl2

Lauriejl2 Mouseketeer

Are they the doughnuts you get if u order room service or are they on the buffet?

6. huffjoann

huffjoann DIS Veteran

they are on the cabanas & EG breakfast buffet, not sure if they are the same ones for room service

7. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

They are the same all over the ship as far as I can tell.

Always look tasty and then after having one remind myself why I don't pick them up more often. They are disappointing at best. Generally still cold from being thawed, texture is way off. There are lots of more appetizing ways of getting sugar in my system. :rotfl2:

8. Cruisefan2

Cruisefan2 DIS Veteran

Is this true for euro cruises as well?

9. VAB2013

VAB2013 Earning My Ears

We were on the Dream earlier this month and the room service donuts were also Krispy Kreme. The donuts on our ship were still tasty everyday. We had way too many of them!

10. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Sorry, but a reheated days old donut is not the HOT sign, it is just that

Since I live in Georgia where I can get the real thing these are not worth the calories.

And to all cruisers, if this is the only time you ever eat Krispy Kreme, I am sorry, they are much better then this in the real world

11. samily

samily DIS Veteran

Yes, you can also get them from room service.

12. Luv2Diz

Luv2Diz We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

The nearest Krispy Kreme to us is about 50 miles away, so we don't get there often. Last time we went, I was surprised at how expensive they had gotten.

So, for us, having a Krispy Kreme on the ship is a treat. No, they aren't the same as fresh from the shop, especially later in the cruise when the frosting is getting a little gooey :rolleyes2 but we still enjoy 'em!

13. cyclenut

cyclenut DIS Veteran

I thought they were awful. I like Krispy Kreme. Just had some yesterday. The donuts sweat as they warm back up and didn't taste good at all. Some we had were actually still a little frozen. Hard, cold and barely resembling a Krispy Kreme. I'm glad you enjoyed them. They were so bad on our first DCL cruise it was one of the things I took the time to complain about to Guest Services. I couldn't believe DCL would even go to the trouble given what we ended up with.

14. dta87

dta87 DIS Veteran

These are some of my favorite items from the breakfast buffet (even not fresh/hot). I knew the flavor was familiar but I was not sure they were KK but then I saw the crew members stocking the buffet from the box multiple cruises ago which confirmed it.

15. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Actually, we were kind of surprised they didn't make their own donuts on board. Other cruise lines do that.

Never understood the Krispy Kreme draw. All 4 Krispy Kremes in our area when belly up, although 1 new one has opened this year. We just have too many individually owned donut shops here that offer very good if not better donuts for $2-3 a dozen less. Dunkin Donuts flopped here too.

16. Lauriejl2

Lauriejl2 Mouseketeer

All the KK in Buffalo went out of business too which is kind of surprising given the fact when each location opened there was a line of cars stretching around the building constantly but guess the fad wore off we have Tim Hortons around here and they are very popular not so much for doughnuts as coffee though. I used to enjoy a fresh HOT KK when they were open though. I see boxes of them at grocery stores and can easily pass them up its just not the same if not fresh!

17. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

The same thing happened to them in Canada they just weren't able to compete with Tim Hortons. I just found them too sweet anyway and would take a donut from Tims over them any day.

18. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

we had KK here in Suffolk County for a VERY short while. I cannot compare them to KK in the rest of the country BUT (and I do love me some sweet-to-eat stuff!!!) they closed rapidly and for good reasons.

I LOVE the shops and watching the machines. but they were overly sweet, overly coated soggy bags of crap......sort of the kind of donut I would make if I were 12 years old......put 'em in your mouth, enjoy the coating, enjoy more coating, and feel the dough congeal into a little crud-ball in your mouth. Much like the lousy 7-11 donuts.

The donuts on the ship were as disappointing to me.:confused3

and if you can get me to complain about dessert products, you've REALLY gone out of your way to louse it up!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

19. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

You know, I was just re-reading the posts and MOST of the KK rave reviews are from areas of the country that like sweet tea, too!
    You know, the recipe starts like this: take 5 pounds of sugar and some karo syrup. And just enough water to liquify...oh, and a tea bag.... JUST A NEW YAWK THING THERE! Don't take offense, please. Cultural differences abound in this wonderful country. Some are healthier than others:rotfl2:
    .;););)

20. the_bUg

the_bUg Mouseketeer

... The worst thing is, Tim Horton's Coffee is not even good... I'm not a coffee snob, but Tim Horton's is like the McDonald's of Coffee. I'd much rather a cup of coffee from, Oh I don't know, just about ANYWHERE, that offers a light, medium and dark roast coffee selection.

Love the doughnuts though. I grew up on those things. My father lived half a block away from a Tim's when I was young.

21. disneydreamer82

disneydreamer82 DIS Veteran

Love those cold Krispy Kreme donuts on a fork!!!:goodvibes:thumbsup2