The Hero, and His Princess Return DxDDP - Earl of Sandwich (4/21)

Joining in! Great reviews. I'm looking forward to the rest!

Thank you! It should be coming soon!

I'm with Josh, steak tartare is yummy!

Sorry his entree wasn't that good, too funny he ate it with ketchup!

I've had the filet at Le Cellier before and I agree it is to die for, great choice! :thumbsup2

It wasn't that he didn't like it, steak is steak to him lol, it just wasn't mind blowing...

My littlest is nearly 6 months old now. The eldest is nearly 3 and a half but is talking about being 5 (or fiver as she often says!) as she knows we are going to be at disney in 2013 for her 5th (and the little ones 2nd) birthdays. As much as I don't want them to grow up too quick, I really can't wait for next year to be going to disney again!

Great Le Cellier review. I am hoping to be able to get a lunch reservation when we go. I had the same steak as you last time and it was delicious and I would order the same again too!

Your little girl sounds way too cute!
Yes do lunch!!!!!

Just found your reviews! Thanks for sharing them, glad I didn't miss it all! :thumbsup2

Glad you are joining in! The rest should be rolling out soon!

Enjoying your reviews! We are right on the ME border!

Hi neighbor!! Glad you are reading along!

I'm spending this rainy day devouring:rotfl: dining reviews! I'm really enjoying your and looking forward to more!

Thanks for reading along! Sorry you are stuck with the rain though!

Day 5 (6/1) Lazy Day!!!! - 1900 Park

Seating time : 9:30

While many may say that seating time is very early, Josh and I tend to be early birds!

We woke up and had no problem getting out the door, and catching bus to the Magic Kingdom. From there we hoped the monorail, and before we knew it we were at the Grand Floridian, where we wandered around for a few moments.

I just love the details.

IMG_3850.jpg

We were slightly early, but they were able to seat us quickly. We were lead to the back room, which while very bright and cheery, is super crowded!

The characters were fast approaching, so we waited, and boy were we glad we did! The Mad Hatter and Alice were in rare form, as was Marry Poppins. The hatter was just feeding off Josh who was having a blast, laughing at me, because I was, as usually a little confused!

Here are some of the super fun photos that we ended up with.
( As a weird side note, I am wearing an undershirt under my green shirt, the first few photos make it look like I am not appropriately dressed!! Sorry!)

The Hatter took our camera, to take a photo of Alice.

IMG_3851.jpg

She then offered to take one of use with him… He had his own ideas about the pose.

IMG_3852.jpg

Alice apologized, and made him take better photos.

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

Marry Poppins was not far behind them, and proceeded to lecture him on giving us such a hard time.

IMG_3855.jpg

She then very kindly came back to sign our book, and take some photos!

IMG_3856.jpg

Joshua is very proud of his ability to pose like a prince.

IMG_3857.jpg

Once we had finished being apologized to by Mary over and over for the Hatter’s bad behavior, we had time to hit the buffet!

Since I like to pretend I am 5, I of course used a Mickey plate.

IMG_3858.jpg

Of course everything was amazing. I just love breakfast food so much. Their made to order omelets really rock my socks, mine was bacon, cheese, and mushrooms… yummmmm

Josh beat me to the table with his first plate, but I got a photo of his second (so no, this is not all my husband ate for breakfast LOL:lmao:)

IMG_3859.jpg

Just as we were finishing up, our fluffy friends appeared!

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

They were of course very friendly!

Total : $53.95
Credits Used: 2
Worth the Credits:
Josh- (Isn’t home at the moment lol) He requested this meal, and the other time we eat here during the trip! He had a blast, and has asked to eat here again in the future!
Beth- Big yes, LOVE this place, the characters are fun, the food is great, and the dining room is beautiful!

we always seem to get shoved in that room too! atleast 3 times over 5 trips....the first time we were at the other end room. ugh. while yes the interaction is awesome- dont forget b and drizella are engaged and have danced throughout the restaurant twice now- i'd rather be in the main room. i did get there once last yr when we took our friend and daddy couldnt come. maybe thats it i have to take nicole all the time! when we did this place at xmas for breaky we were the last table by the doors....which they had open! so ppl kept entering and posing for pics with charactes during paid customers time! they had an easel up with a sign denoting what it was etc, but ppl just went around it. when we went back for dinner about a week later thankfuly it wasn't there.

I am really enjoying reading all your dining reviews. I love 1900 Park Fare, and can't wait to return in a month. :)

Having a great time reading your report! I am glad that the 1900 park fare breakfast was great.

We have done it before for the Cinderella Dinner, and have debated doing the breakfast for a couple of trips now. Thank you for bumping it to my MUST DO list!!

we always seem to get shoved in that room too! atleast 3 times over 5 trips....the first time we were at the other end room. ugh. while yes the interaction is awesome- dont forget b and drizella are engaged and have danced throughout the restaurant twice now- i'd rather be in the main room. i did get there once last yr when we took our friend and daddy couldnt come. maybe thats it i have to take nicole all the time! when we did this place at xmas for breaky we were the last table by the doors....which they had open! so ppl kept entering and posing for pics with charactes during paid customers time! they had an easel up with a sign denoting what it was etc, but ppl just went around it. when we went back for dinner about a week later thankfuly it wasn't there.

We were in the outer room later in the trip, and we really loved it. If we go back, I think we would go so far as to ask to be in the main room...

I am really enjoying reading all your dining reviews. I love 1900 Park Fare, and can't wait to return in a month. :)

You are going to have so much fun!!!! :cool1:

Having a great time reading your report! I am glad that the 1900 park fare breakfast was great.

We have done it before for the Cinderella Dinner, and have debated doing the breakfast for a couple of trips now. Thank you for bumping it to my MUST DO list!!

We have debated the dinner... should we bump it to a must do?

I am glad that I could make breakfast a must do for you!! :thumbsup2

Cannot wait to go to 1900 Park Fare. It looks even better than I had hoped for. :D

You are going to enjoy it! The boys will love it too!

silly me with pg brain, when we were in the main room with nicole it was for breaky....now i love winnie the pooh more than anything, but its not the same as seeing cindy and princy dance.

Love your reviews!!! After reading them I just changed my reservation for tony's for 8:15 in hopes to sit on the porch.. it is going to be july so IDK lol but it looks amazing and hey you never know! Were taking a 3 week honeymoon but on regular dining plan

silly me with pg brain, when we were in the main room with nicole it was for breaky....now i love winnie the pooh more than anything, but its not the same as seeing cindy and princy dance.

Hmmmm guess we are going to have to get in there for breakfast.

Love your reviews!!! After reading them I just changed my reservation for tony's for 8:15 in hopes to sit on the porch.. it is going to be july so IDK lol but it looks amazing and hey you never know! Were taking a 3 week honeymoon but on regular dining plan

Oh I hope you just love it!!

Day 5 (6/1) Lazy Day!!!! - Earl of Sandwich

Seating time : Ticket says 12:32

We had no idea (Well I did, Josh didn’t and I was going to let him choose) What we wanted to do for lunch.

After wandering around downtown for a while and doing some pretty heavy shopping (I love the package sending service) we were hungry!

Because of my earlier issue with my head, we knew that we would buy one lunch out of pocket, and that we would use credit for one lunch.
We looked at the menu, and the lines, and decided that Earl of Sandwich was where we wanted to eat!

I found the ordering process here a bit confusing, and getting someone to explain to me what I could get with the meal plan was even more so! However, we both made our choices, and found a seat in the dining area.

I love the way the wrap the sandwiches!

IMG_3897.jpg

I chose the hot ham and swiss, with potato chips

IMG_3900.jpg

I cannot figure out for sure what Josh’s sandwich is, and of course the only ticket I can find is the dining plan one LOL, but here it is!

IMG_3899.jpg

This was a tasty lunch. The sandwiches were hot, and fresh. It was quick to get in, and quick to get out. While it wasn’t the most amazing meal of our trip, it was really good, and we were happy and full when we left!

Total : Not sure, I lost the slip!!
Credits Used: 1
Worth the Credits:
Josh- I liked Earl of Sandwich – It wasn’t a lot of money, and it was good food!
Beth- Great quick lunch! I don’t think it would be worth a deluxe credit, but since we had an extra, I am not sad that we used it here!

breaky is great fun! especially with the mad hatter and alice! at xmas alice kept b quite engaged in convo and kept asking him why(giving him a good dose of his own medicine). ive never laughed so hard in my life!!

breaky is great fun! especially with the mad hatter and alice! at xmas alice kept b quite engaged in convo and kept asking him why(giving him a good dose of his own medicine). ive never laughed so hard in my life!!

There seems to be days where the hatter is a bit more excitable...

Glad I found this thread! I was excited to see a review of Sci-fi diner. We are trying that for the first time in November. We're doing the deluxe plan as well.

The only bummer about finding your thread: It's making me even more sad that we're not getting back to 1900 Park Fare this time. :sad1:It's my FAVORITE breakfast!!! Your pics gave me a nice feeling of nostalgia though!

Joining in!

We are doing deluxe dining in October (and leaving the kiddos at home!) - and will be at many of the same places. Looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!

Hello friend! I don't like you. Your pictures make me hungry!!!! It also makes me want to go to Disney!! Bring on more pictures- I don't care how busy you are with graduation, DISBOARDS FIRST!

Glad I found this thread! I was excited to see a review of Sci-fi diner. We are trying that for the first time in November. We're doing the deluxe plan as well.

The only bummer about finding your thread: It's making me even more sad that we're not getting back to 1900 Park Fare this time. :sad1:It's my FAVORITE breakfast!!! Your pics gave me a nice feeling of nostalgia though!

We have decided that on our next trip Sci-fi is going to be on the must do list! We really enjoyed it!!

Joining in!

We are doing deluxe dining in October (and leaving the kiddos at home!) - and will be at many of the same places. Looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!

Thanks, I am going to get the rest of them posted ASAP, because I am working on hitting the one year mark :lmao:

Great review of EOS, I love having lunch their.

It was really yummy, I wish we had one up here! :sad2:

Hello friend! I don't like you. Your pictures make me hungry!!!! It also makes me want to go to Disney!! Bring on more pictures- I don't care how busy you are with graduation, DISBOARDS FIRST!

I just found this post.... now that school is done, I will do my best!

Just read through the whole thread. It's wonderful

I love your descriptions and photos, and I think you and Josh make an adorable couple. :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

I love your reviews - especially if you felt they were worth the credits! we leave in 24 days (woo hoo! :cool1::cool1:) and DH wanted the Sci-Fi Dine in, I was hesitant. Looks like we will be happy there!

off to read the trip report now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter