The Hero, and His Princess Return DxDDP - Earl of Sandwich (4/21)

Escargot......!? Brave man. ;)

Have you heard anything about how often Remy comes out? We are going for dinner.... so hopefully we will see him.

You know, the escargot really is good there. You should try it!

Chefs de France is one my favorites, and I am glad I gave it a second chance a couple of years ago.

I've seen some great reviews of Chefs De France recently; it looks like a wonderful little spot for lunch and so cool to have Remy pay you a visit :goodvibes

Lucky! I want to see Remy at Chefs!

Love the "Worth the Credits" part! We're trying to plan our DDP meals and this is SO very helpful! Looking forward to more reviews!

PS Please thank your "Hero" for all he does to keep my family safe!

I am glad you are enjoying! I love reading other people's reports, it helps me decide!
I will pass your thank you on, and judging from your name, you have a hero of your own :lovestruc

Escargot......!? Brave man. ;)

Have you heard anything about how often Remy comes out? We are going for dinner.... so hopefully we will see him.

If you look around I know the times are posted on here, he only comes around once, so if you miss him by a moment, it is a no go :sad1:

You know, the escargot really is good there. You should try it!

Chefs de France is one my favorites, and I am glad I gave it a second chance a couple of years ago.

Hmmmm if we go back, maybe I will give it a try, maybe!

I've seen some great reviews of Chefs De France recently; it looks like a wonderful little spot for lunch and so cool to have Remy pay you a visit :goodvibes

You should give it a try! I think we will end up there again!

Day 4 (5/31) Epcot – Germany Sommerfest

Time : 2:10

I have no idea why two hours after that huge lunch I thought I wanted a snack, but I did! We decided that we would grab something at the little snack area in Germany!

I chose the Apple Studel with Vanilla Icing and Josh went for the Black Forest Cake!

IMG_3805.jpg

Apparently I liked it a lot…

IMG_3807.jpg

The apples were sweet, and I love pastry so this was right up my alley!
Josh doesn’t remember eating this really, but that means it couldn’t have been too bad!

Total : $76.93
Credits Used: 2 snacks
Worth the Credits:
Josh- yea, we had a lot of snack credits
Beth- Sure, but I still need to try school bread at some point!!!

I read your wedding TR ages ago and just found this one yesterday. Great reviews so far and I'm glad you came back to finish it.

May have to also read your 2012 review though I should wait until tomorrow as my littlest DD needs her last bottle before bed....:rolleyes1

I guess Josh was in a crepe mood, crepes for an entree, crepes for dessert, crepes for everyone!

I'm with you on the macaroni and cheese, I liked it OK, but it was really heavy! I think its a bit much for lunch, and is a better dinner choice.

I don't think I've ever eaten at Sommerfest. I've had beers there but no actual food. That black forest cake does look good, so maybe its worth a look.

I read your wedding TR ages ago and just found this one yesterday. Great reviews so far and I'm glad you came back to finish it.

May have to also read your 2012 review though I should wait until tomorrow as my littlest DD needs her last bottle before bed....:rolleyes1

I am glad you are enjoying! I have done all our meals into our 2012 Trip Report as well!!!

How old is your littlest one?

Just caught up on your reviews and I must try that Apple Strudel. It looks delicious.

Thanks for sharing.:goodvibes

Glad you are enjoying! It wasn't my favorite snack ever, but I know it was yummy!

I guess Josh was in a crepe mood, crepes for an entree, crepes for dessert, crepes for everyone!

I'm with you on the macaroni and cheese, I liked it OK, but it was really heavy! I think its a bit much for lunch, and is a better dinner choice.

I don't think I've ever eaten at Sommerfest. I've had beers there but no actual food. That black forest cake does look good, so maybe its worth a look.

I wanted beer, but it was so stinking hot! I just don't do well in the heat, so I had to pass :sad2:

Day 4 (5/31) Epcot – Le Cellier

Seating time: 7:30

I was so nervous about this booking! Shortly before our trip they had moved dinner to signature, and I was a little freaked out that we were going to be using 2 credits.

We arrived a bit early, and checked in with the very nice girl at the podium. We again saw people arguing with a host a because there were not any seating times available that night, and they hadn’t made a reservation.

We strolled through the garden, and down to the entrance of the restaurant.

IMG_3825.jpg

We were seated shortly, and were lead to a small table near the back of the dining room. Our server Jen was very sweet, and considering moving to Maine to go to college!

Josh ordered an Ephemere to start, and I got a Diet Coke.

IMG_3826.jpg

Our server was very insistent that this beer could only be bought in Canada and Disney, however, Josh found it when we got back home, and it is often in our fridge.

The Ephemere was served with a beautiful glass.

IMG_3829.jpg

While we were looking at the menu we enjoyed a nice basket of break sticks!

IMG_3827.jpg

And Josh enjoyed his beer.

IMG_3828.jpg

I had a pretty good idea what I wanted before we even got there. I know, I am sometimes one of those crazy people who won’t try something new, because they love what they have had in the past so much!!

I started with the Cheese Soup.

IMG_3832.jpg

It was so yummy. I know that some people don’t like it, and others find it too salty and blah blah blah, but I really like it, and enjoyed it with the bread… yummmmm now I want some!

Josh, the adventurous one, went with the black and blue steak tartar, that was topped with an egg!

IMG_3833.jpg

He still talks about this to this day. He can’t remember half of what we did on this trip, but he remembers this meal.

Me :"Hey, remember in May when you had the tartar, talk to me."

Josh: “You gotta have the stomach to have it, but if you have it, it is so good. Disney is one of the places that I trust to have something like that, and Le Cellier was the best”

While we enjoyed our appetizers, it was time to get serious, and order our entrees! (Yes I slow down my meal sometimes by not ordering my meal until my first course is on the table)

I went with my favorite steak on the entire planet, that I can’t imagine giving up to order anything else… EVER. :snooty:

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon

IMG_3834.jpg

It was cooked to the perfect medium rare, and the risotto was creamy and delicious, and now I want to go back to Le Cellier so bad!!!!!

Josh went with the Grilled Bone-in Ribeye.

IMG_3835.jpg

“ It wasn’t there best” And he proceeded to put ketchup on it! :scared:

While he was putting ketchup on his $42.00 steak:faint:, I was licking my plate.

IMG_3836.jpg

After I was done scraping every last drop of deliciousness it was time to order some dessert!

I have a dessert that makes me smile, and leads me to take a photo that looks like this, on every trip!

IMG_3837.jpg

I asked very nicely if I could have the chocolate moose, even though it wasn’t on my menu. Jen told me that I was on deluxe dining, and that I could have whatever I wanted!

IMG_3838.jpg

He was very yummy! Not too sweet, and not too much food. Perfect end to a yummy meal!

Josh is a big crème brulee fan, and ordered some!

IMG_3839.jpg

He really enjoyed the interesting flavor that the maple gave it “As a Mainer I enjoyed it, I like maple stuff”

Total : $137.79 (not including Josh’s beer)
Credits Used: 4
Worth the Credits:
Josh- I have never been unimpressed, that atmosphere was good, and it was quiet enough to have a conversation. Yes, it was worth 4 credits.
Beth- I couldn’t tell a big difference between dinner that night, and what we have had in the past. I think we will stick to the one credit, and lower cost menu of lunch!

Ahhh.... ketchup on a $42 steak!? ha ha.... I guess anything to make it enjoyable and worth the price... ha ha.. still funny though. We had talked about lunch there, but chose Via Napoli. Maybe someday we will go there.... FOR LUNCH! ;)

Ahhh.... ketchup on a $42 steak!? ha ha.... I guess anything to make it enjoyable and worth the price... ha ha.. still funny though. We had talked about lunch there, but chose Via Napoli. Maybe someday we will go there.... FOR LUNCH! ;)

He kills me, lol

Go there, it is so yummy

I'm really enjoying your reviews! Keep 'em comin' girlie!

Thank you!!!!

Steak tartar? Adventurous girl!

I didn't try it :rotfl2: I am not that adventurous

I'm with Josh, steak tartare is yummy!

Sorry his entree wasn't that good, too funny he ate it with ketchup!

I've had the filet at Le Cellier before and I agree it is to die for, great choice! :thumbsup2

My littlest is nearly 6 months old now. The eldest is nearly 3 and a half but is talking about being 5 (or fiver as she often says!) as she knows we are going to be at disney in 2013 for her 5th (and the little ones 2nd) birthdays. As much as I don't want them to grow up too quick, I really can't wait for next year to be going to disney again!

Great Le Cellier review. I am hoping to be able to get a lunch reservation when we go. I had the same steak as you last time and it was delicious and I would order the same again too!

I'm spending this rainy day devouring:rotfl: dining reviews! I'm really enjoying your and looking forward to more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter