The Hero, and His Princess Return DxDDP - Earl of Sandwich (4/21)

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by My sister's princess, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Carissa 80

Carissa 80 Cinderellerd

Escargot......!? Brave man. ;)

Have you heard anything about how often Remy comes out? We are going for dinner.... so hopefully we will see him.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. creativeamanda

creativeamanda <font color=darkorchid>One slithering around on me

You know, the escargot really is good there. You should try it!

Chefs de France is one my favorites, and I am glad I gave it a second chance a couple of years ago.

4. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

I've seen some great reviews of Chefs De France recently; it looks like a wonderful little spot for lunch and so cool to have Remy pay you a visit :goodvibes

5. My sister's princess

My sister's princess <font color=green>These boards have grimmer police

I am glad you are enjoying! I love reading other people's reports, it helps me decide!
    I will pass your thank you on, and judging from your name, you have a hero of your own :lovestruc

If you look around I know the times are posted on here, he only comes around once, so if you miss him by a moment, it is a no go :sad1:

Hmmmm if we go back, maybe I will give it a try, maybe!

You should give it a try! I think we will end up there again!

6. My sister's princess

Day 4 (5/31) Epcot – Germany Sommerfest

Time : 2:10

I have no idea why two hours after that huge lunch I thought I wanted a snack, but I did! We decided that we would grab something at the little snack area in Germany!

I chose the Apple Studel with Vanilla Icing and Josh went for the Black Forest Cake!

[​IMG]

Apparently I liked it a lot…

[​IMG]

The apples were sweet, and I love pastry so this was right up my alley!
    Josh doesn’t remember eating this really, but that means it couldn’t have been too bad!

Total : $76.93
    Credits Used: 2 snacks
    Worth the Credits:
    Josh- yea, we had a lot of snack credits
    Beth- Sure, but I still need to try school bread at some point!!!

7. Lisa29

Lisa29 Mouseketeer

I read your wedding TR ages ago and just found this one yesterday. Great reviews so far and I'm glad you came back to finish it.

May have to also read your 2012 review though I should wait until tomorrow as my littlest DD needs her last bottle before bed....:rolleyes1

8. Smiling Cheshire Cat

Smiling Cheshire Cat DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your reviews and I must try that Apple Strudel. It looks delicious.

Thanks for sharing.:goodvibes

9. CandleontheWater

CandleontheWater Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I guess Josh was in a crepe mood, crepes for an entree, crepes for dessert, crepes for everyone!

I'm with you on the macaroni and cheese, I liked it OK, but it was really heavy! I think its a bit much for lunch, and is a better dinner choice.

I don't think I've ever eaten at Sommerfest. I've had beers there but no actual food. That black forest cake does look good, so maybe its worth a look.

10. My sister's princess

I am glad you are enjoying! I have done all our meals into our 2012 Trip Report as well!!!

How old is your littlest one?

Glad you are enjoying! It wasn't my favorite snack ever, but I know it was yummy!

I wanted beer, but it was so stinking hot! I just don't do well in the heat, so I had to pass :sad2:

11. My sister's princess

Day 4 (5/31) Epcot – Le Cellier

Seating time: 7:30

I was so nervous about this booking! Shortly before our trip they had moved dinner to signature, and I was a little freaked out that we were going to be using 2 credits.

We arrived a bit early, and checked in with the very nice girl at the podium. We again saw people arguing with a host a because there were not any seating times available that night, and they hadn’t made a reservation.

We strolled through the garden, and down to the entrance of the restaurant.

[​IMG]

We were seated shortly, and were lead to a small table near the back of the dining room. Our server Jen was very sweet, and considering moving to Maine to go to college!

Josh ordered an Ephemere to start, and I got a Diet Coke.

[​IMG]

Our server was very insistent that this beer could only be bought in Canada and Disney, however, Josh found it when we got back home, and it is often in our fridge.

The Ephemere was served with a beautiful glass.

[​IMG]

While we were looking at the menu we enjoyed a nice basket of break sticks!

[​IMG]

And Josh enjoyed his beer.

[​IMG]

I had a pretty good idea what I wanted before we even got there. I know, I am sometimes one of those crazy people who won’t try something new, because they love what they have had in the past so much!!

I started with the Cheese Soup.

[​IMG]

It was so yummy. I know that some people don’t like it, and others find it too salty and blah blah blah, but I really like it, and enjoyed it with the bread… yummmmm now I want some!

Josh, the adventurous one, went with the black and blue steak tartar, that was topped with an egg!

[​IMG]

He still talks about this to this day. He can’t remember half of what we did on this trip, but he remembers this meal.

Me :"Hey, remember in May when you had the tartar, talk to me."

Josh: “You gotta have the stomach to have it, but if you have it, it is so good. Disney is one of the places that I trust to have something like that, and Le Cellier was the best”

While we enjoyed our appetizers, it was time to get serious, and order our entrees! (Yes I slow down my meal sometimes by not ordering my meal until my first course is on the table)

I went with my favorite steak on the entire planet, that I can’t imagine giving up to order anything else… EVER. :snooty:

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon

[​IMG]

It was cooked to the perfect medium rare, and the risotto was creamy and delicious, and now I want to go back to Le Cellier so bad!!!!!

Josh went with the Grilled Bone-in Ribeye.

[​IMG]

“ It wasn’t there best” And he proceeded to put ketchup on it! :scared:

While he was putting ketchup on his $42.00 steak:faint:, I was licking my plate.

[​IMG]

After I was done scraping every last drop of deliciousness it was time to order some dessert!

I have a dessert that makes me smile, and leads me to take a photo that looks like this, on every trip!

[​IMG]

I asked very nicely if I could have the chocolate moose, even though it wasn’t on my menu. Jen told me that I was on deluxe dining, and that I could have whatever I wanted!

[​IMG]

He was very yummy! Not too sweet, and not too much food. Perfect end to a yummy meal!

Josh is a big crème brulee fan, and ordered some!

[​IMG]

He really enjoyed the interesting flavor that the maple gave it “As a Mainer I enjoyed it, I like maple stuff”

Total : $137.79 (not including Josh’s beer)
    Credits Used: 4
    Worth the Credits:
    Josh- I have never been unimpressed, that atmosphere was good, and it was quiet enough to have a conversation. Yes, it was worth 4 credits.
    Beth- I couldn’t tell a big difference between dinner that night, and what we have had in the past. I think we will stick to the one credit, and lower cost menu of lunch!

12. Carissa 80

Carissa 80 Cinderellerd

Ahhh.... ketchup on a $42 steak!? ha ha.... I guess anything to make it enjoyable and worth the price... ha ha.. still funny though. We had talked about lunch there, but chose Via Napoli. Maybe someday we will go there.... FOR LUNCH! ;)

13. johnsonginad

johnsonginad Mouseketeer

I'm really enjoying your reviews! Keep 'em comin' girlie!

14. NoOrdinaryPrincess

NoOrdinaryPrincess DIS Veteran

Steak tartar? Adventurous girl!

15. My sister's princess

He kills me, lol

Go there, it is so yummy

Thank you!!!!

I didn't try it :rotfl2: I am not that adventurous

16. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

Joining in! Great reviews. I'm looking forward to the rest!

17. CandleontheWater

CandleontheWater Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm with Josh, steak tartare is yummy!

Sorry his entree wasn't that good, too funny he ate it with ketchup!

I've had the filet at Le Cellier before and I agree it is to die for, great choice! :thumbsup2

18. Lisa29

Lisa29 Mouseketeer

My littlest is nearly 6 months old now. The eldest is nearly 3 and a half but is talking about being 5 (or fiver as she often says!) as she knows we are going to be at disney in 2013 for her 5th (and the little ones 2nd) birthdays. As much as I don't want them to grow up too quick, I really can't wait for next year to be going to disney again!

Great Le Cellier review. I am hoping to be able to get a lunch reservation when we go. I had the same steak as you last time and it was delicious and I would order the same again too!

19. gardengirl628

gardengirl628 Help, help, a Herrible Hoffalump!

Just found your reviews! Thanks for sharing them, glad I didn't miss it all! :thumbsup2

20. NHTikiBeckie

NHTikiBeckie DIS Veteran

Enjoying your reviews! We are right on the ME border!

21. Krissalee

Krissalee DIS Veteran

I'm spending this rainy day devouring:rotfl: dining reviews! I'm really enjoying your and looking forward to more!