The heck with Bagels, what about Krispy Kreme!

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by infobahn, Mar 30, 2002.

1. infobahn

infobahn Mouseketeer

Are there Krispy Kremes close to OKW / WDW?

How far? We are deprived in Minnesota, and need our Krispy Kremes while we are there!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. EuroBoy

EuroBoy Earning My Ears

Let's not be dis'ing bagels. Us New Yorkers are sensitive to this.

4. CarolAnnC

CarolAnnC <font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin

Tubbie's cafeteria in the Dolphin sells Krispy Kreme donuts.

5. dan and scott

dan and scott DIS Veteran

The Exxon station to the right of the Boardwalk entrance also sells Krispy Kreme.

Dan

6. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

Maybe Krispy Kreme will start carrying NYBagels and everyone can be happy! :jester:

7. Eeyore2U

Eeyore2U I'm the one you talk about. I rain on parades and

They need a Dunkin Donuts. The best thing the sell is bagels ans they rated in some poll rught up there with NY bagels. Donuts aren't bad either.

8. mickey7861

mickey7861 DIS Veteran

If you have a car........There is a Krispy Kreme store on 192, about 10-15 min. away from OKW. You can't beat them hot and fresh.

9. Goofy&Sleepy

Goofy&Sleepy Mouseketeer

Krispy Kreme is where its at.

10. PKK/MJK

PKK/MJK DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, the Krispy Kremes at the store on 192 are incredible!! I've never gotten them at a real KK store before. WOW! They melt in your mouth. Sinfully delicious!!

11. Mickey4Me

Mickey4Me Mouseketeer

I grew up with Krispy Kremes and can sniff 'em out a mile away :D They serve them at the character breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary. DH (a PA native who never heard of KK until I got him hooked) always makes sure we stop and pick some up at the store on 192 as the official kickoff of our vacation. If you zap them in the microwave for about 3 seconds, they taste just like they do when they're hot off the line. YUMMMMM......:)

12. DVC1996

DVC1996 Mouseketeer

I grew up with Krispy Kremes too and one of the most memorable experiences of my childhood was watching them being made and then then getting a fresh box to take home! They are so yummy when freshly made and you can literally devour a whole box in no time at all since they melt in your mouth. Lots of the kids in my neck of the wood sell them as fund-rasiers. In fact....I bought some from my neice this past week. But.....I also love a good bagel with cream cheese too ;) When at WDW, I usually get neither donuts or bagels but settle for a cream cheese danish or croissant at the bakery on Main Street or the bakery in France. IMO....Disney just doesn't have the best bagels or donuts.

13. Mickey4Me

Mickey4Me Mouseketeer

I spent many a Sat AM in High School peddling boxes of KK door to door to raise $$ for various activities.....of course that was back in the "good 'ole days" when they were $1.25/dz :eek: I agree with DVC1996 tho - the pastries from Main Street Bakery are one of my favorite guilty pleasures when at WDW.

14. CarolAnnC

We do not have Krispy Kreme stores here in New Hampshire, so two weeks ago when I was visiting Chicago, my friend John took me to one there. I was amazed!! It was so interesting to be able to view how they actually make the donuts and they are the best I have ever tasted!! A cheesecake donut and a creme filled one were my favs!! Yum! :)

15. zurgswife

zurgswife WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett

I keep saying I'm going to go the KK store on my next trip. We don't having any in PA and I haven't had fresh KK's for years. We go again in Oct...I think that will be an outing I will work in the plan finallly....all this talk has my mouth watering.

16. Crissup

Crissup Upset CAK because she didn't get to hold it first.

I didn't like the cheesecake one. But, the creme filled ones always remind of Mister Donut when I was a little kid eating Angel Creme donuts.

17. CarolAnnC

Oh, and I did also love the one that is glazed with a chocolate frosting on top! Yum!! I could feel my blood sugar rising, LOLOL! :)

18. infobahn

infobahn Mouseketeer

Just remember to try their Glazed donut, especially hot. This is the basis of all great donuts at KK.

19. Mickey4Me

Mickey4Me Mouseketeer

Now here's a man who knows his KKs! Infoban is absolutely right - the basic glazed (or choc. iced glazed) is what KK does best :)
    Zurgswife - we've been waiting for a KK in PA for years. Closest one is just north of Baltimore off of I83. I always stop there on my way home from BWI to pick some up. They also truck them up from there to some of the stores in York. They're slowly creeping closer......:D

20. EllenJ

EllenJ Mouseketeer

We discovered the KK store on 192 this past November. It is now a regular stop. I just found out that the first Krispy Kreme shop in Connecticut is going to open this summer in the town next to mine.... I cant wait to see the "Hot Doughnuts Now" light on!!!!

ps.. did you hear about the lady in Texas that stole the Krispy Kreme truck last week???

21. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

PJK/MJK:
    They sure do melt in your mouth.. and most other spots too. I think that if you stuck a KK donut with a pin it would deflate. SOooo sweet that you don't even need sugar with your coffee!!
    Bring back the old "bakery" donuts!! The kind made with real flour, etc. Like the old bakery's that used to abound in East Baltimore in the late 40's early 50's. THOSE were real donuts!!
    PS-I do eat KK"s-but only if someone else buys them.