The Harris Family's Fantastical Voyage on the Disney Fantasy: August 3-10

Love the report so far. Keep it up. We were also on this cruise and can't wait to hear about your experiences and how they compare.

'Nut

Sorry Everyone for how long it has been since my last entry. Life has been pretty busy considering school's starting. I'll post more soon. :)
- Snowpuff526

Sorry Everyone for how long it has been since my last entry. Life has been pretty busy considering school's starting. I'll post more soon. :)
- Snowpuff526

Please:worship::worship::worship::worship:

As I said before, we were on this perfect cruise and can't stop thinking about it, talking about it, wishing we were still there:yay::yay:

Love your report. It feels like I'm there too. I'm going on my first Disney cruise on the Magic in Oct. with my 6 yr old niece. Reading this is getting me more and more anxious! Can't wait to read the rest.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

After our lovely lunch in EG I decided to give my family a little tour of the ship. We started on deck 3 and then deck 4 and so forth. I actually think our first stop was the adult district on deck 4.
On the Disney Fantasy the adult district is called Europa. It is based off of 5 different countries- Italy, France, Spain, Ireland, and England. The central hub is called La Piazza, and it looks like a beautiful Italian carousel.
Off to the left of La Piazza is a French bar titled “Ooh La La.” The decorations are very fancy and there is a lot of velvet and ruffles adorning most of the furniture.

Off to the side, if you and your family wishes to tour the adult district with hardly anybody around…this is the time to do it! When we were there it felt like we were wandering around a deserted town. I mean, no one was there. It was a great opportunity to take pictures, and to just have some fun. ☺
After exiting Ooh La La you head back into La Piazza and have to take this winding pathway with many bathrooms along the walls (decorated with Spanish artwork) in order to get to The Tube. This was the only time where I was a little confused about where I was in Europa. After walking about 30 seconds we saw The Tube! You won't be able to miss it. There is a huge TV monitor displaying what events are going to be held that day, and a large sign that says “The Tube.” You have to walk up this curved entrance in order to be in the actual club. There are shadows of Big Ben along the wall, and the rugs are decorated as Subway maps. The detail in this room is incredible! And there are so many places to sit too.

My sister noticed a very cool light up dance floor in the middle of the room and she wanted to go check it out. Our whole family then decided to take some pictures in the middle of the dance floor along with in-air shots of us jumping. It was pretty fun! Especially since no one was there. ;)

After exploring the tube we walked briefly in O’gills Pub in order to get back to La Piazza. O’gills is pretty cool, I especially like all of the Irish accents hidden in it. Such as the many four leaf clovers in the windows. Unfortunately we never went in Skyline, the other adult bar. I couldn’t even find it!
When you exit Europa there is a long hallway filled with many portholes with seating. They were actually rather comfortable!

One thing that I love about Disney Cruises is that you can literally run into any Disney character at any time. So as we were walking my dad ran into this guy!

I just love Goofy!
By this time it was around 1:25, and our stateroom would be done by 1:30, so we decided to head up to Deck 6. And WOW was it crowded! It seemed as if the whole floor was waiting to head to their staterooms. The entire elevator area was swamped with people. No one could head into the hallways yet because they were blocked off. After 5 minutes of waiting a room stewardess allowed everyone to go to their rooms! And if I may say so myself our room was perfect. A great location. If you It was about 6 doors down from the entry to the hall so we never had to walk very far in order to reach our stateroom. We had stateroom number 6080. And it was practically perfect in every way.

This was the model of our stateroom. And online it said that it could fit a family of 3-4. Now before going on the cruise I read some reviews about this certain stateroom and many people said that no way it could accomadate a family of 4. But it certainly did for us! It was rather spacious, and I never felt cramped. It was a perfect room, and the verandah was an exceptional touch.
After moving in, I wanted to put all of our magnets on our stateroom door. I had such a fun time making magnets and designing magnets, that I couldn't wait to see what they would look like on our day. I was so pleased with how they looked!

Off to the right is our Fish Extender. My mom and I took a couple hours one day and created it together. I may say that being apart of a Fish Extender Group was so much fun! It was a blast to come back to our stateroom everyday and find wonderful goodies to enjoy.

Coming Up: Muster Drill, Sail Away Party, and Mirror Mirror Game Show.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures of the Muster Drill or the Sail Away party. I know total bummer. But I will try to describe it to the best of my abilities. The Muster Drill is fairly simple. We were in loading station G and it was outside on Deck 4. When it’s time for the drill you hear a very loud and long horn that is heard everywhere on the ship. I had to plug my ears because it hurt to hear it. The floors are marked with a green light that you follow to your station. There are also many castmembers that help guide you to where you need to go. It would be almost impossible to get lost. Once you get to your designated station they make you line up in your family from shortest to tallest. Then they show you a little presentation about how to put your life jackets on. That’s pretty much it. Very simple, didn’t take much time. And before we knew it, it was time for the Sail Away Party!

Right after the Muster Drill my family and I went right up to Deck 11 for the party. And hardly anyone was there! I was pleasantly surprised because we got a really good spot and didn't have to wait much time for the party to start. Castmembers handed us some streamers that we could wave in the party. And my mom and I shared a piña colada drink. It seamed like nothing could go wrong, except there were a few rain clouds moving in. But that did not make our moods any less than being extatic. I mean our cruise is about to begin! Why wouldn't you be overjoyed?! The Sail Away party was a lot of fun. They did some dances, brought out the characters, and finally counted down our sailaway with the Disney “When you Wish Upon a Star” horn to top it all off. Disney sure does know how to start off a wonderful vacation. Plus the boat was so smooth that I couldn't even tell that we started to move.

After the party we went back down to our room. And guess what happened? It started to rain! A complete down pour. I’m just glad that it didn't happen during the Sail Away party. Although it was fun to sit on our verandah and watch/listen to the rain fall down. It was actually quite peaceful and I enjoyed it very much.

I forgot what time it was then, but there was a Mirror Mirror game show that was going to happen any minute, and we wanted to join in on the fun! So we went down to the D Lounge on Deck 4 and got ready to play. There wasn’t that many people there, but we still had a good time. The two castmembers who were hosting the game was a girl named Christina, whom we actually became very good friends with later on in the cruise, and a guy name Matthew. They were so much fun to watch!
Mirror Mirror is a great show. They separate you into 6 teams named after 6 of the 7 dwarfs, minus Dopey. We were placed on the Sleepy team and my dad was the team captain! He definitely got into the role.

There are three different rounds that you play. The first is trivia. The second is Disney songs, and the third is a relay race. We had a lot of fun playing it, but towards the end our family got fairly tired. Maybe Sleepy put a little spell on us?

Loving your TR so far and can't wait to read more! It sounds like you have a really fun family, and it's awesome to find another person close to my age on here (I'm 19). :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!