The Harris Family's Fantastical Voyage on the Disney Fantasy: August 3-10

By this time our whole family was quite hungry, so we decided it was time for some lunch. And where’s a better place to start off your Disney Cruise than at Enchanted Garden? We took the stairs down to Deck 2, and there was already a whole swarm of people getting ready to eat some lunch. My family and I maneuvered around, and got a nice spot to sit and wait right near the front gates of EG.

There was a very friendly castmember who was handing out handy wipes for everyone to use. I must say, Disney does a great job in terms of cleanliness and sanitation. Anyways, after about 5 minutes of waiting they opened the gates to EG and we were the first family in. Yay! You have to go to the front desk first to tell them your cabin number in order to get the correct table for you. (It is not the same number as your dinner table number.) We got to our table, ordered some drinks, and went over to the buffet. And the buffet was G double O D… GOOD!!
I got a caprese sandwich, pesto pasta, and a salad with ranch dressing.

My sister got a plateful of vegetables and chowmein.

I’m not exactly sure what my parents got, but you can see what their plates looked like in this photo.

For dessert I got my favorite… Pumpkin Pie! I also got a scoop of dulce de leche ice cream.
And it was delicious.

Here’s a nice pic of Enchanted Garden. I love the mickey water fountain in the middle.

Coming Up Next: Touring the Disney Fantasy!

What a GREAT report so far!! I am looking forward to reading more. I love that you posted pics of the plane & bus. I have a 5 yr. old little girl and this is a great way to show her what to expect.

I also had to laugh when you said you looked like Oompa Loompa's in your family picture. I didn't think so, but my kids are watching Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory as I'm reading this. :)

Anyway, definitely looking forward to more!

looking foward to your TR we sail on OCT 12th my ds is 17. can't wait to see more pics and hear about your trip

Wonderful report. Looks like it is going to be a GREAT trip!

Signing on! Love your writing style and all the great details. Weare hoping to take our first Disney Cruise next year and i am excited to get a tennegers perspective- especially re:Vibe and the teen activities.

Love your report! We are sailing on the Fantasy next summer!! I can't wait to hear about it and see the rest of the pictures!!! My daughters will be 12 and 14 - they will love your report also.

I'm joining in. We are thinking of doing a cruise next year but haven't made up our minds yet. Can't wait to read more!

Loving your trip report so far! Subbing!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Loving the trip report so far, Im getting so excited reading this, we are staying in the hyatt before the cruise and the getting the bus to port, I think it really helps with the build of excitement to the trip.

Looking forward to reading more.

Fun trip report so far! I did my college internship at Disney World and went to universal MANY times throughout that 7 months!! WWOHP is incredible, isn't it?!?!

I too, am an addict of the frozen butter beer. I think that drink alone is worth the cost of admission into the parks lol.

I can't wait to read the rest of your report! My husband and I met while working at Disney world, we got married at Disney world, went on the Dream for our first anniversary and are going on the Fantasy for our 2nd anniversary in november! I've also been on the Magic once and the Dream twice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!