The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

Great great Trip Report. I am the one from the DLRP section who asked you for the wedding trip report and now I can't wait to read more. Aren't TR like diaries? I love to look at my older TR and red them again.

I hope you don't have any plans for the weekend and you will only post more parts of your great TR? :lmao:
I can't wait to see more hotel pictures. We are planning a trip to WDW (1st trip) and we can not deceide which hotel to choose.

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you ate the oyster!! :scared: Blah blah blah!! :rotfl: You're braver than I am! no way could i do that!! :rotfl:

Sorry you were so wet for your meal at ABH! But Gavin looks so cute standing next to Ariel like Prince Eric! What a great guy! my dh would NEVER get his picture taken with a Princess! :confused3

Can't wait to see your Favors!

Great great Trip Report. I am the one from the DLRP section who asked you for the wedding trip report and now I can't wait to read more. Aren't TR like diaries? I love to look at my older TR and red them again.

I hope you don't have any plans for the weekend and you will only post more parts of your great TR? :lmao:
I can't wait to see more hotel pictures. We are planning a trip to WDW (1st trip) and we can not deceide which hotel to choose.

Hey! It's good to see you over here!

Yes, I love TRs. I am lucky to be able to write such a looong one! I promise you I will post more of my wedding report on here this weekend to keep you busy :) I went to most of the hotels there this Summer, so I can recommend (and NOT recommend in some cases) some really good places to stay! :) Thank you for reading and forum hopping! :wizard:

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you ate the oyster!! :scared: Blah blah blah!! :rotfl: You're braver than I am! no way could i do that!! :rotfl:

Sorry you were so wet for your meal at ABH! But Gavin looks so cute standing next to Ariel like Prince Eric! What a great guy! my dh would NEVER get his picture taken with a Princess! :confused3

Can't wait to see your Favors!

You know that oyster wasn't too bad as I swallowed it! Ashley apparently munched her first ever one and it has put her off for life! I had to try one once, I'd do it again! :rotfl:

Yes, Gav is a really good sport about these things. He has no shame! He never got to WDW as a child, I think he's making up for it now!

Thanks for reading!!!

...I managed to not publish the entree part of the meal... So here it is!

Gavin decided after much discussion with Ashley to get the King Crab Claws and I got this lobster so that we could share both.

2008-08-01_182719.jpg

2008-08-01_182728.jpg

2008-08-01_182734.jpg

2008-08-01_182741.jpg

2008-08-01_182800.jpg

We larked around like children for quite a while. Ashley came by the table to explain how to eat the crab and lobster, she was so informative!

2008-08-01_182906.jpg

I am a lobster!

The Wedding Favours

We arrive outside Goofy's and I cannot see Melissa anywhere. I'm wondering whether she will indeed come when I spot a man who looks remarkably like he should be called Robert so I try it like in the movies... "(quiet voice) Robert?" then "Robert?" until he looks up and realises we are indeed the people he was supposed to be looking for whilst Melissa was in the bathroom. We shake hands and he seems so nice! Melissa arrives and we hug for about an hour, then we go into Goofy's with the aim of exiting with 32 Mickey Ear treats.

2008-08-01_203047.jpg

I tell the kind lady what I want and she stares at me like I have told her there is no Santa. She then tells me that she is about to go off shift in 10 minutes. Eek! She asks why I want them all and I tell her that I need them for my wedding and she takes pity on me. She asks her boss if she can stay and make the treats because she says she is the only one who makes them with sprinkles all over and oreo cookie ears! I was so delighted, we watched her for ages and then took it in shifts to wander around the shop.

2008-08-01_211031.jpg

Some of our treats drying!

2008-08-01_211116.jpg

2008-08-01_211342.jpg

I loved Goofy's ~ it was so colourful, although smaller than I expected.

We had the treats boxed up, paid and Melissa and Robert so kindly gave us a lift back to the Boardwalk ~ Melissa had also bought us some pay as you go phones for our family and taken care of a pair of shoes I wanted from the internet. She is just a complete star!

Anyhow, we arrived back at the Boardwalk after taking the boat to Port Orleans to their car and they even offered to help us bag the treats. I was so tired by then and I'm sure they were too, yet I knew they would stay and help if we needed them. I was so happy to have met Melissa at last and she was just as lovely as I expected!

On the morning of the 2nd I woke up to find a card on my bed with the enscription "Mogwai the Kid" on it. Now Mogwai is Gavin's pet name for me (based on the Gremlins film, it's easy to use your imagination) but the "the kid" part had me confused. When I opened it, there was a card with a smiling horse on it. I could not believe it! Gavin had arranged to take me horse riding at the Tri-Circle D Ranch at Fort Wilderness!

I bounced out of bed, showered and changed and we realised we would not make our breakfast reservation but I could care less! I was going horse riding! We figured we could eat afterwards.

We got to the ranch and checked in, stating that we would like helmets and went to take our place in the waiting area...

2008-08-02_094217.jpg

2008-08-02_094229.jpg

After a short wait we were told to step up and mount our horses! This was made much easier than I imagined as you simply step onto a platform and throw your leg carefully over the horse and place feet in stirrups.

I have NEVER, EVER been horseriding before although I have wanted to for as long as I can remember. Losing all of the weight that I did made this possible, it was like a reward for me! Gav was so thoughtful. I had no idea he had arranged this for me!

2008-08-02_094526.jpg

2008-08-02_094531.jpg

My horse was called Domino and we got a little instruction on how to handle them. Gav's was called Apache. Domino was naughty a few times and tried to overtake Gavin's horse (you must stay in line) and when he was pulled back into line, at the end of the trail he pushed Apache out of the way and jumped the queue! We were laughing so much, he was such a mischevious horse!

We had a brilliant time, I was so elated that one of my forever dreams had come true, and all because of Gavin's kind thoughts :)

2008-08-02_105047.jpg

Apache!
2008-08-02_105113.jpg

2008-08-02_105119.jpg

2008-08-02_105134.jpg

2008-08-02_105141.jpg

We hung around a little while and took a few photos of the wildlife (we're geeky like that!).

2008-08-02_105231.jpg

2008-08-02_105505.jpg

2008-08-02_105600.jpg

2008-08-02_105725.jpg

A little reptile!!!
2008-08-02_105841.jpg

Domino! I love this little guy!!!

2008-08-02_105856.jpg

Apache! Gav adored him.

2008-08-02_105916.jpg

Awww!! It all looks lovely!!

Mmmmm..... Yummy sweeties from Goofy's!!

Where did you get your 'Bride' necklace btw?? I soooo want something like that!

Bob xoxoxox

Awww!! It all looks lovely!!

Mmmmm..... Yummy sweeties from Goofy's!!

Where did you get your 'Bride' necklace btw?? I soooo want something like that!

Bob xoxoxox

Hi! A friend of mine made the necklace, it's from little fridge magnets. I love it! :)

I was so happy with Gavin's surprise but I was even more happy because for months I had planned a surprise of my own for him. It had been difficult but finally it was arranged and we headed to EPCOT for lunch at the Coral Reef. I had heard mixed reviews, but let's face it, I was there for the diver and so I knew that would make it special anyway.

We went to have a little play with the sharks (I'm a shark nerd) before we went in...

2008-08-02_115707.jpg

We went on the Nemo ride and without flash tried to take a picture. It would not turn out well, we knew, but what annoyed me SOOOOOOOOOOOO much was that the people in the next clam had the most enormous flash that they pressed continually. They must have take about 50 photos on that ride between them so I could not even see the rest of the ride, all I could see was FLASH FLASH FLASH. They were so rude! :pullhair:

To calm me down, Gav suggested the Nemo sharks...

2008-08-02_120426.jpg

2008-08-02_120746.jpg

2008-08-02_121014.jpg

2008-08-02_121030.jpg

We found the Coral Reef restaurant and checked in. We were guided towards the sofas and I was petrified that things would go wrong as I had heard so many times that people did not get their sign with the diver or whatever. So I made an excuse to go to the bathroom and on the way literally slinked against the wall to get back to the reservation desk. I checked that things were set and they were just lovely there. I must have looked panicked I think.

I returned to Gavin who was oblivious and had no idea that they even had divers like at this place, and soon after we were asked to follow the server to the restaurant floor.

We were holding hands and I was grinning from ear to ear, as the server led us to the front of the restaurant and seated us by the tank! I could not believe our luck!

Our server came over and congratulated us and gave us these... I loved how they had done them!

2008-08-02_124612.jpg

2008-08-02_124620.jpg

Gavin was so baffled but absolutely delighted, I have never seen him so surprised!

2008-08-02_124644.jpg

2008-08-02_124650.jpg

We took a couple of shots of the aquarium...

2008-08-02_125041.jpg

An Extra Person For Dinner

As we sat there, an extra guest floated in, right next to us!

2008-08-02_125059.jpg

2008-08-02_125117.jpg

2008-08-02_125137.jpg

2008-08-02_125143.jpg

2008-08-02_125240.jpg

2008-08-02_125345.jpg

Then our server comes over with free champagne!

2008-08-02_125402.jpg

2008-08-02_125409.jpg

2008-08-02_125422.jpg

2008-08-02_125445.jpg

Relief at Last

We ordered our meal and were patiently waiting for our New England Cod Cakes when I saw bubbles at the back of the tank. The turtle had swam away and I had the most strange, scared feeling in my stomach. Was it the diver? I was panicking in case this didn't go well ~ would I give it away, would I not get the camera ready? I made up some story about thinking I saw an eagle ray or something and when I saw him get closed, Gavin had his back to the diver and people started pointing to the aquarium.

Gavin turned around, and there was....

2008-08-02_130155.jpg

2008-08-02_130203.jpg

2008-08-02_130217.jpg

Gav's face was so amazing. I don't think he ever dreamed things like this could happen. We have had so much bad luck over the years together and everything was just like a dream come true.

2008-08-02_130411.jpg

We blew kisses and I mouthed thank yous to the diver, and our meal started to arrive. Everyone was cheering in the restaurant and we went quite pink!

2008-08-02_130449.jpg

Awww the menu's are adorable!! I love the pics of your furbabies on it too....I may have to do something similar with pics of our furry children who can't come with us (A.K.A our 2 cats :lovestruc )

Awww the menu's are adorable!! I love the pics of your furbabies on it too....I may have to do something similar with pics of our furry children who can't come with us (A.K.A our 2 cats :lovestruc )

You definately should! They were fantastic at the Coral Reef, just wonderful!

My DF and I love reading your trip report! You two make a great couple. Can't wait for the next entry! popcorn::

Wow! Wonderful trip report so far! Can't wait for more!! :goodvibes

Thank you! :) I'm glad you are enjoying reading it! :)

My DF and I love reading your trip report! You two make a great couple. Can't wait for the next entry! popcorn::

:goodvibes Thank you for reading, it's so nice to know people are enjoying it!

What a great report! popcorn:: I cannot wait to see all of your beautiful wedding pictures!:goodvibes

Thank you! I have over 7,000 wedding photos! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter