The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

EEEk! you're 13 days out and you don't have your room assignment? i'd be worried, you should have your luggage tags and stuff in the mail by now. I'd call DCL and check on it.

We received our luggage tags, etc weeks ago. Just not our assignment. I check twice a day. Our TA when we booked said that we may not get our assignment until a week before. Totally didn't think that would be us considering when I read the boards, many get their assignments earlier. You're right! I will email my TA now to see if she has an update... you never know :)

We are VGT. Can you explain the room assignment dates? I'm a newbie to the cruise scene. TIA!

There are 2 different types of guaranty assignments - guarantees for a specific category and IGT/OGT/VGT.

The specific category GTYs are assigned first as they will get either their specified category or higher and then once they are all assigned, the IGT/OGT/VGT's will be assigned.

No matter where you end up being assigned, you'll be on the ship! :goodvibes

We originally booked a 7A and then got upgraded to a 5B. Today, they put out FL resident discounts for our sailing for catagory 7A. I called to see if we could take advantage of it. We not only got the discount, but another upgrade to Cat. 5A! :thumbsup2 This room is a deck higher and aft. Closer to the soda stations for DH and the walk to the gym will do us some good, LOL.

We originally booked a 7A and then got upgraded to a 5B. Today, they put out FL resident discounts for our sailing for catagory 7A. I called to see if we could take advantage of it. We not only got the discount, but another upgrade to Cat. 5A! :thumbsup2 This room is a deck higher and aft. Closer to the soda stations for DH and the walk to the gym will do us some good, LOL.

Yay! We've got awhile to wait before we find out if there will be any FL discounts for our 10/19 cruise - here's hoping!

Can ask you, was the price changed for you before or after your pay in full date?

Thanks.

The price changed after we paid in full. We leave in about 10 days.

Thanks.

Looking at a full price cruise right now for Feb. It's great news to know if a Florida resident rate comes out they will credit us.

Have A wonderful time!!!!!!

All I want for my Birthday tomorrow? My GTY room assignment!!!:rotfl: 66 days out!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

got my room number for my sept 8 sailing on disney dream booked a 6a and we r in a 5a 9526 sooo perfect as we are two adults and elevator right near me two deck above me adult pool aweet

53 days out- Dream Sept. 15 and still waiting.... Have a 7A GTY.
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

We are 45 days out from our 9/12 sailing and are still waiting. We have a 5E GTY. The problem is I don't want an upgrade. We like the over sized balcony that you get with a 5E and I'm afraid with how few there are that we will end up with an upgrade.

We are 45 days out from our 9/12 sailing and are still waiting. We have a 5E GTY. The problem is I don't want an upgrade. We like the over sized balcony that you get with a 5E and I'm afraid with how few there are that we will end up with an upgrade.

I'm on the 9/19 sailing and we received our room this week! We were upgraded from a 7a to a 5a!! Deck 10 midship balcony. yea!!

We just booked yesterday, 13 days out, from the Aug 11th 4-day Dream cruise. Two rooms, GTY cat 7a. Hoping for two rooms close to each other! 12 days to sailing - hope we get our room assignments soon!

We booked a 9b received a 9b
Ship fantasy
Cruise date 9-21-13
Recieved assignment Tuesday around 1:00
Happy with cabin!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter