The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CruisingGoddess, Jun 20, 2012.

1. katds10

katds10 Mouseketeer

booked a 9c GTY and got a 9b...hoping to upgrade to veranda at port!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. puppytrainer

puppytrainer Mouseketeer

Booked a 9A. Got assigned a 9A today...6686 on the Fantasy @ 51 days out. Being an accessible room, it looks to be bigger. Am on the hunt now for trip reports and pics of it!!

4. commdoc

commdoc Mouseketeer

We just booked a 7c GTY for the June 22 Fantasy today. How do i find out what our room assignment is (when assigned)?

5. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

You should see it when you log in to your reservation on the DCL website. Click on reservation summary and it will show "stateroom". Right now it probably shows 7C GTY but once your room is assigned it will show the #. :goodvibes

6. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

I've always booked GTY at a 9, and have never not been bumped up to a veranda of some type. Currently booked at a 9c for October 5th this year...I do so hate waiting, but then it's like Christmas when you log in and see the room number!

7. commdoc

commdoc Mouseketeer

Thanks! Yes that is what it reads. So I guess I just keep logging in and waiting.

8. heyyyitsliana

heyyyitsliana Earning My Ears

We have a category 7A GTY booked for our upcoming 7/28 Dream Cruise. Actually not hoping for an upgrade since we love our 7A's. Hopefully it won't be much longer until we get our assignments :cool1:

9. scrapycruiser

scrapycruiser DIS Veteran

We're waiting along with you. We are also on the July 28 Dream cruise. Come on over to our Cruise Meet ! Would you like to join our FE group ?
    Anyway, we have a Cat 9 Gty and really hope we get an upgrade ! I guess we'll know in a few weeks !:cool1:

10. timandlesley

timandlesley <font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t

I also have a 7A booked for a July cruise, I'm curious..........what do you love about a 7A? I've never stayed in one before. We are cruising on the Dream.

11. adam_goodger

adam_goodger Earning My Ears

72 days to go, still waiting.......................................

12. timandlesley

Booked at 7A GTY on Dream 4 night sailing on the Dream and got a 5C cabin 7662 assigned today (51 days out, but actually it was on the website late last night at 52 days out):cool1: I'm really happy about the location. Aft but not TOO Aft RIGHT by the elevators. I'm confused because the site by the assignment reads "7662 7A" but when looking at this cabin I am pretty sure it's a 5C stateroom, right??
    Was hoping I would see reviews online but can't find any. Oh well, Can't WAIT for this cruise and am so excited this is official now!!
    Lesley

13. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

Yes, it is a 5C. The 7A is there only because that is the category you booked under. :)

Congrats!

14. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

We booked a 7A GTY and got a 5B. :cool1: The website still shows a 7A even though it is a 5B. I think it does that because that's what you booked. Congrats on the upgrade and yes, 7662 is a 5C. :thumbsup2

15. timandlesley

WOO HOO!!! So excited, thanks!!!!!
    Lesley

16. Heyriddle

Heyriddle Mouseketeer

We are booked for a cat 8GTY. Our friends are in a category 8 room. Does anyone know if we link our rooms for dinner before we get a room assignment if is will lower our chances of a little pixie dust??

17. Teri1

Teri1 DIS Veteran

Anyone get assignments lately they want to share? I am coming up on 60 days and nothing yet.

18. baleeve

baleeve "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I

I got my GTY assignment at 55 days. No pixie dust (upgrade) but the request I made was met.

I know many others for August have begun to get their assignments as well.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3129517

So yours should be any day! :thumbsup2

19. ibcrazie4dizney

ibcrazie4dizney Mouseketeer

I got mine yesterday for 8/29. think it was 55 days. did get an upgrade from 8a to 7a.

20. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original D

I don't view that as an upgrade because the 8A is a larger room than a 7A. If you value a verandah, then it is an upgrade. I just rather have more "livable" space. That's why I didn't book an 8a GTY. I don't want to be "upgraded".

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. stalkingmickey

stalkingmickey Mouseketeer

waiting on room assignment for my Sept 12 sailing on the Disney dream...I got 11-11:30 PAT :cool1: