The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CruisingGoddess, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Barkell

Barkell Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if you can request a change after your GTY room has been assigned? I would not be thrilled with this room because it does not have a bathtub, and DD (3.5) hates taking showers. I am also 5E GTY on the Dream, so one of these tubless rooms is a possibility.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jelliott04

jelliott04 DIS Veteran

Nope. That's the point of GTY. You are guaranteed that category of room or better. We had 5E GTY for the Fantasy booked and got 4D #6644.

Jen

4. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

53 days until we sail
    Booked Cat 10B
    Got cat 10B # 2085
    No idea good or bad, but I am going so its all good to me:thumbsup2

5. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

Whoa! That's great. Congratulations.

6. shrinkingmoody

shrinkingmoody Earning My Ears

Booked 07A GTY on the Dream - 55 days out #8674 07A.

7. munchkin322

munchkin322 Earning My Ears

2 yrs ago we booked 11a GTY room on Magic and we were upgrade to 9C midship cabin (the best location EVER!!). We are sailing on fantasy on June 1 and we booked 11C GTY room again and I'm crossing my fingers for an upgrade!! We just paid in full 2 days ago so we probably won't find out til April or May....

8. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

Awesome!!! ;) I have a girls cruise booked on the Dream for the special 7A GTY rate so we are very eager to see where we end up. It seems they are all decent, except deck 5 so fingers crossed!

Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

9. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

Actually, that's not true. Two weeks ago, I was a GTY 9A status waiting for my assignment. I got a 9A, but in a HC room, that I didn't need. I called, and they allowed me to change to a 8D with a 16.00 upgrade fee. I did so gladly.

10. shrinkingmoody

shrinkingmoody Earning My Ears

Correct. We actually changed the 07A to an 05B - then again to an 05A - all online.

11. Barkell

Barkell Earning My Ears

:cool1:
    We have been assigned Room 8042, which is a Cat5e (Deluxe Oceanview with Veranda), right next to the forward stairs/elevators. Haven't found much on this specific room, but we're pretty happy with what we've learned. I think this room has an oversized veranda. :cool1: So glad the anticipation is over!

We are 50ish days out, but I'm not sure when it was assigned. My leaves-much-to-be-desired TA didn't alert us, so I finally went and looked myself last night.

12. Ofinn

Ofinn DIS Veteran

I would assume you can but you would have to pay to upgrade. I am planning on doing that if I'm really unhappy with my room assignment. I booked a 7a gty.

13. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Earning My Ears

Booked an 8B for May 4 eastern Fantasy. Assigned an 8B aft 50 days out. No extra pixie dust for us but we did love our 8B last year!

14. Auntieluncher

Auntieluncher Earning My Ears

We booked in January for the 5/10 8 nt out of Galveston on the Magic. We chose to go 11c gty knowing full well that's what we'd probably end up with. Were assigned today, 54 days out with an 11C #5635. Wondering if we should have just waited. They are still offering 11c gty but don't have any more rooms (supposedly). If I were to book next week, I'd probably get a better room since they have already assigned those of us who have PIF on gty status. Thoughts? :confused3

15. pooki1

pooki1 Mouseketeer

I would assume when your assigned a cabin if there is availability within that category they could move you and it would not be an upgrade, so no upgrade fee. There are 5E staterooms with tubs, if one is available I would think they would move you.:)

16. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

Booked a 5C GTY on the Wonder for the 5/27/2013 Alaskan cruise. No assignment yet. On line only 4's are available for a Balcony. There are penty of Insides and Oceanviews. Happily waiting.

17. TLPL

TLPL DIS Veteran

Any new assignment lately?

18. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

Not here!

(But then my cruise isn't until October, so I'm not expecting anything anytime soon - and I'm fully prepared to upgrade if necessary!)

19. barbarasc

barbarasc CruiseCrazy

Booked GTY 5E for Fantasy 5/18
    Assigned 5E 9174 - 57 days out.

no pixie dust but a nice aft assignment :-)

20. nicbic97

nicbic97 Mouseketeer

Booked an 11c GTY for 5/12 Dream. Got an 11c room 2021 assigned 57 days out. Very surprised we did not get pixie dusted because the cruise looks really full! They are not even offering rooms in several categories at this point; 11c being one of them

21. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

We sail 4/25 I keep checking every day.