The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CruisingGoddess, Jun 20, 2012.

1. traceyw

traceyw Mouseketeer

We have a 9c GTY for the 8/25 NYC-Bahamas. Hoping for pixie dust and a verandah, but excited to go regardless!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

Cool! We have a meet going (very small right now), and plan on getting together day of embarkation at the Vista Cafe. Right now time is set for 3:00 p.m., although that may change once we determine when the DVC gathering is. Join us!

Crazy as this sounds, while an upgrade would be nice, I could care less about that! I'm just anxious to find out what stateroom we will be in!

4. jessrose18

jessrose18 ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

I will wait with you guys :) 12/8 Fantasy 9D GTY.....

5. CruisingGoddess

CruisingGoddess Disney Princess

Welcome to the new folks!! Our ranks are growing! We should make a badge. LOL! :laughing:

I really hope I don't have to wait this long! I know some who didn't get an assignment until they checked in at the cruise terminal. :eek: That would drive me bonkers.

I'm not sure how to see it on DCL's web site. On most travel agent sites, if you try to get a quote on a category that is full, they will offer a guarantee room.

6. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

We are GTY for a 7a to Alaska in sept. they are still selling those rooms as GTY, so I am thinking it won't be for a while :-/

7. Moby

Moby Mouseketeer

We booked GTY 11C for Eastbound Panama Canal cruise in December 2012. :banana:

8. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Hi to the GTY Club !
    We have a 6B GTY for the Fantasy Sept 29, 2012 sailing ! I guess I was assuming DCL waits until very close to sailing date to assign ? This is my 5th Disney cruise but first time I have a "GTY". So not sure but excited ! I wish I knew where our stateroom was !

9. Melcatfish

Melcatfish <font color=990099>In full planning mode!<br><font

We have 2 staterooms for our 8\5 NYC cruise. One is a named stateroom and the other is an 11B GTY. I keep checking in the hope not of an upgrade but of a cabin close to our named one. It won't matter if not, the second cabin is for my (adult) cousin but it would be nice to be close by.

Mel
    x

10. LLOC33

LLOC33 Mouseketeer

Did our check-in last night and magically we got one of our three GTy assignments for our 9/22 cruise on Fantasy. The 7a room assigned stayed a 7a but we are really happy with th location on deck 8 room 8022. The other two 11c GTy rooms have not been assigned yet.

11. hkriw

hkriw Mouseketeer

I'll join you all
    We are a 9c GTY for Canada 8/12

Check daily and nothing- however, we are nearing the 45 days mark- so maybe!

12. pixielizzie

pixielizzie dreaming of the Wonder!

:wizard:
    We have a GTY cat 9D booked for the Mexican cruise 11/18!:yay:

13. seo31

seo31 Earning My Ears

for our stateroom on the 9/1 sailing of the Fantasy. Hoping the tropical storms will all be of the way before then! :rolleyes1

14. CruisingGoddess

:banana: Yay!! Glad you got one of your assignments and you like the location. Hope the others come soon too!

15. JennLK

JennLK DIS Veteran

I think half of my roll call is here ;). I'm waiting for our assignment as well. 8c gty for the 9/1Fantasy.

16. Manon_Paul_Nina

Manon_Paul_Nina Mouseketeer

We have 11C GTY on the EBPC for 12-09

17. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

I got on this morning hoping that the "they assign rooms on Monday nights" thing would work in my favor this week......nope! :) I am still 68 days out, though ;)

18. disneychic

disneychic DIS Veteran

:wave2: Hey Jenn! Yep, still waiting! I do notice there are quite a few people sailing the Fantasy after our cruise who've received room assignments.....is this a sign of hope, or torture?

19. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

I now have a Cat 9C GTY reservation (was in an 11C before...I upgraded myself today) and am still waiting here with you! Now I don't care as much about the category. Just excited to be going!

20. CruisingGoddess

Well, I didn't have to wait long folks! I got my cabin assignment today for our 12/1 sailing. I have a 11A guarantee and got 11A cabin #8001. I'm not thrilled about this room assignment. I was hoping for something ANYWHERE but forward but I'm glad that there will be rooms below and above our cabin. The only inside cabin we could actually choose when I booked was in front of the Teen Club and that was out of the question.

I hope the rest of you don't have to wait long as well.

21. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

Waiting on a 5E GTY for the 9/1 Western Caribbean (hey, everyone!).

Last time I booked a VGT and didn't know you could find out your room in advance. Ignorance is bliss! I ended up with a 4B, so magic does happen!