The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I can not wait for December 7th. Even though I'll probably get there around 2 pm, I plan to spend the rest of the day just taking pictures of Pop. I can't wait to have that amazing Asian Chicken Salad or the Chicken Penne Alfredo. I booked quite awhile ago with Dreams but recently added an extra night and room location requests. I'm hoping to stay 4th floor (quiet), 50's (location and style), and pool view (better security instead of being on the back side) :santa:

:confused:So the "better security" part of this post makes me a little nervous. It honestly wasn't something that I had thought of. Is there a concern? I would have booked the other direction of the pool for even more quiet (since I have 2 young children who are very light sleepers), but now I'm thinking I had better face a pool?

:confused:So the "better security" part of this post makes me a little nervous. It honestly wasn't something that I had thought of. Is there a concern? I would have booked the other direction of the pool for even more quiet (since I have 2 young children who are very light sleepers), but now I'm thinking I had better face a pool?

Security isn't a problem, don't sweat it. :goodvibes

Some people (if they're traveling alone - is that what you're doing, Minnie Lor?) feel more comfortable being on a more active side. It's not that it's not safe, it's just a comfort thing, I think.

Exactly, what ZeroToHero said. :) I had to extend my tip last summer and was alone at POP for 2 ngts - that's the only time I ever asked (at check-in b/c I made the reservation from our SSR room) for a room with a pool view b/c I would be more comfortable. Do not like being solo and liked having the noise of the pool nearby.

Even then, never felt unsafe for a moment. We've always felt safe at POP - we've been staying in all levels of Disney resorts for 30 yrs, and always feel very safe. :)

Try not to worry and have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Just booked my Thanksgiving trip for a week at the POP! Our 4th time there now!!! :rotfl: Glad I found the new thread! :surfweb:

Just booked my Thanksgiving trip for a week at the POP! Our 4th time there now!!! :rotfl: Glad I found the new thread! :surfweb:

:woohoo: Lucky you!! :woohoo:

...I LOVE POP Christmas decorations. We were back at the Poly in 2007, after 4 POP Dec stays. We were laughing b/c we love Poly and the decorations were beautifull, but we had to go over POP to see the decorations... I even have a screen-saver with POP Christmas photos. :thumbsup2

Happy Planning!! :goodvibes

Security isn't a problem, don't sweat it. :goodvibes

Some people (if they're traveling alone - is that what you're doing, Minnie Lor?) feel more comfortable being on a more active side. It's not that it's not safe, it's just a comfort thing, I think.

Yep, traveling solo. Last time I was solo I stayed 4th floor, 50's section, lake view. Many nights didn't get back to room until midnight or 1 am. I stayed even after parks closed and waited for bus back. Anyways, I was fine but think maybe next time it would be prudent to stay where there's a bit more activity. It'd make my DH happier.

Wednesday!!! :woohoo:

Takes lots of pics for us..can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Have fun!! :goodvibes

Thanks for all your hard work....We all love you...

You're all most welcome! It wouldn't be what it is without all of your contributions!

Just a reminder as people start getting on this train on how to subscribe without having to post "Subscribing". :)

SUBSCRIBING: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread". Please do this instead of posting a "Subbing" type of post so we can cut down on the number of unnecessary posts that makes it more time consuming to read through.

What's the latest word on the kiddie pool? When I was there in the middle of May it was a pile of dirt and concrete. Has anyone seen any improvement over that yet?

We just got back yesterday and my boys played in the kiddie pool twice during the week. I noticed it was closed a couple mornings, but was always open when we got back in the afternoon.

thanks for the reassurance on the "safety" of the resort....makes sense if you are by yourself that you would want that. whew.....I still haven't decided where to ask for (besides 4th floor)...I would like it quiet....close to the kids stuff....but not too close where it's noisy....good thing I have time!!

There are rooms in the pref category on the courtyard side of 60's bldg 5, which would be quieter, but still very close (pref areas are hi-lighted in yellow):

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24421892&postcount=1219

Also, the courtyard side of 50's bldg 1 - if you don't mind trees blocking any view:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24322398&postcount=1162

Same for some of the 70's bldg 10:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24451290&postcount=1246

Might put the request:
1. quiet location
2. 4th floor
3. bldg #

Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Thanks for the great tips, I guess wherever we end up I will still be happy, it is Disney World after all!!! :woohoo:

I had posted in the last thread about staying at POP or moving to a slighter larger moderate room for my family. After reading through a lot of the POP thread, we decided to pay a little bit more and get 2 rooms at POP! We go in August, can't wait!! Just hope we get the connecting room request :)

Thanks for the great information!

lovemyboys2009 ~ The courtyard side of bldg 5, 60's, is the oppsite side of the bldg of the pool, but quiet and still very close to everything - Goofy pop jets, kiddie pool, main pool,lobby, food court and bus!
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24421892&postcount=1219

The yellow hi-lighted areas are preferred. If you booked std, you can see the non-hi-lighted rooms are still close. Non-preferred bldg 4 or 5 would be close to everything.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24451290&postcount=1246

The second link above is to the 70's - which is also reasonably close and quiet. :) Hope this helps! :goodvibes

I had posted in the last thread about staying at POP or moving to a slighter larger moderate room for my family. After reading through a lot of the POP thread, we decided to pay a little bit more and get 2 rooms at POP! We go in August, can't wait!! Just hope we get the connecting room request

Thanks for the great information!
Mom2Elliot ~ :wave: Think I posted on your other thread and suggested a moderate, but was thinking that 2 rooms at POP would do nicely as well. Lots of great info here - enjoy! :goodvibes

taylor5 ~ you're very welcome! Hope the info helps a bit. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all your hard work....We all love you...

Awe...you're too sweet. :blush:

thanks for the reassurance on the "safety" of the resort.......

I'll also chime in on the safety. I did spend some time alone when I was there in September. I was in the 70's (Building 6) with a lake view, and never felt any need for concern. For some reason, if I'm alone, I always feel better on a floor other than the ground, which I had, so I never had any worries.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter