The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just talked DH into adding another night - I'm so excited. We will now be staying at POP for 18 nights. There is nothing like knowing you have such a long stay when you check in.

We will now start driving as soon as we get home from work on Wednesday night so we can get past the heavy traffic near DC. We will most likely stop and get a hotel once we are past Fredricksburg Va or wait till we get in North Carolina. Then we will get up Thursday and drive the rest of the way. We were originally going to drive all day Thursday and then get a hotel in Georgia and finish driving on Friday. This means we will have a full day on Friday instead of not getting in and checking in till later that day.

Hubby wasn't too receptive at first, but how could he not get excited when me and the kids were getting all excited, lol. As soon as he said ok, I was on the phone so fast so he couldn't change his mind, lol. And I got the extra night for $69 using the military rate. It was cheaper than the first two nights of our trip that we had already booked. Just had to share. I'm so excited.

We are staying off property the night before we can check into the POP. What is the earliest we can get our tickets to the parks?? Any other inot please let me know. FIRST TIMER!!!

You can get your tickets even if your room is not ready, so first thing in the morning. We did the same thing and checked in at 8:30 am our first trip. We managed to get a cabin that was ready that time also. (Ft. Wilderness)

I have a question *waves*

Getting ready to book airfare... and the option is there to take a really late flight. Anyone ever arrive at POP between 11pm and midnight? We'd be taking MExp. if it's available and I'm aware of the whole 'get your own bags' thing. Just curious if it's a bad idea to check in so late as far as getting stuck in a bad room, etc.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Not TOO worried about the room thing, as we've got a preferred room booked. More curious what it's like getting there so late.

Unless they already put you in a specific room, you will get what is left. It depends on how crowded it is if it's a good or bad thing. Honestly, I'd do it and we are planning on getting there very late this year since we added an extra night and will now be arriving super late on our first night.

Hey has anyone faxed room requests to the hotel before arriving? I know years ago they used to allow you to do this, and then I heard they stopped. Anyone know if Pop allows faxed room requests still or not?

I am preparing to fax my request off in the next 2 days but MelanieC posed the question if anyone has faxed lately and if that is still acceptable, does anyone know?

First Timer here!

Can I request a roll away so we can each have our own bed at POP?

DisneyMom5 is correct - no rollaways (for sure) at POP.

I am preparing to fax my request off in the next 2 days but MelanieC posed the question if anyone has faxed lately and if that is still acceptable, does anyone know?
First Timer here!

Just read last week here last a copy of a fax sent recently and I believe they did receive their requests. Of course, it will depend on how busy the resort is - if it's around Easter they will be booked solid, so be sure to keep the request simple and not more than 3.

If the room assigned is not what you were hoping for, just ask the CM to try to find a room in the area you;d like. Sometimes this works great or have another area so the CM has some flexibility to look.

Good luck and have fun!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I think (if I remember right) the air blows out at the ceiling level, so it shouldn't affect anything right there. The controller is right there.

I think this was answered for you already, but I beleive Disney sells current DVD's at the gift shop, so if Bolt is still considered current then, they will most likely be selling it. But it would be cheaper to get it at a place like Target or Walmart.
Did you get the rate of 74 a night? What deal did you use. Good for you!

I love this deal! Beside i called Disney reservation office and they said they have a special deal for kids!

You must call Disney for the request for a special deal!cepmom!
I'm just wondering what exactly the "special deal" is that you got. I'm not going to to call CRO and ask them for "a special deal for kids" and not have a clue what I'm asking about ;) Can you share with us what your kids special deal is?

FD was an awesome deal for our party of 6 in Sept I saved about $1700 which is sooo great!! My May trip I got the 7 for 4 deal and that saved me $271 but that was just me and even if we all were going it doe not beat the FD deal!!

My family is headed to Pop Century for the first time in a few weeks. We are really hoping for connecting rooms as it will make things much easier for babysitting purposes and sharing a refridgerator. I was just wondering if this request is usually granted. I have even considered asking for a King Size bed in one of the rooms if that would increase our chances of getting connecting rooms. What are people's experiences with this request?

A couple more random questions...What is the status of online check-in for Pop? Also, can you buy milk by the half gallon or quart anywhere in Everything Pop? We like to eat breakfast in our room most days.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. :flower3:

Does anyone know if you can buy a bottle or can of beer or some wine or something at Pop Century to take to your room at the end of the night?

I was just thinking when we get back from the parks it might be nice sometimes to just pick up a bottle before heading to your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter