The Greatest Hits: A Trip Like This Needs a Soundtrack!-A July 2012 TR Upd. 5/5!

First of all, HECK YES to the fact that John will be back in three days! And another HECK YES to the fact that ONE MONTH. :faint:

Also, I really love that Aloette song. I'm weird and it reminds me of a Target commercial. Target is my favorite.

That dress is SO CUTE! Those photopass pics are too perfect. That was an awesome Christmas card choice. :thumbsup2

Oh Le Cellier. So yummy, but I'm a little upset with them as well. Why would I want to essentially pay double for the same lunch I had last year? I mean, even if it is a bigger portion, it still doesn't seem worth it. Bummer.

Eh, oh well. ONE MONTH!!! (Also, both of our tickers are stupid liars.)

Missed your updates Joni. Glad you are back and how exciting about John being home soon. Glad your long wait is almost over.

I saw your poutine picture and it made me so hungry I had to go find some cheese. Of course all we had was swiss, but it was better than nothing.

I agree with being sad about the Le Cellier changes. I am putting our October trip together and we have decided to skip it for the first time in years. We love the Boulangerie Patisserie, the CS in Morocco (whose name is sadly escaping me at the moment), and want to try the pizza window in Italy. We will make do with cs in Epcot this trip and see what happens.

Looking forward to reading more!

Yay updates!

That is such a cute thing that Mickey and Minnie told you happy anniversary! I have never heard of them doing that! How cool!

Lol that description of your picture in Le Cellier cracked me up.

Love your lunch choices- that is exactly what my boyfriend and I order there although I am bummed no lunch menu anymore.

Well the Poutine that they serve in Le Cellier looks good the true version of it uses cheese curds and are usually a white cheese rather than orange which is died that colour during the cheesemaking process.

Yayyyy!!! Welcome back! We've (I've) missed you! I'm soooo happy for you that you get to see John soon. I loved your updates too. Especially the kissy pictures. They were so cute!

Glad to see an update from you :goodvibes. I love that soup so much, I make it at home all the time in the winter. Also congrats on John being home in a few day. That is wonderful news :cheer2:

Glad to see the updates! I love your trip reports and the redneck references. lol I was born and raised in Arkansas and now live in Texas. Redneck central! lol;)

PADDINGTON BEAR!!! I LOVED him as a child (okay, so now, too...). I have a puppet of him that I passed down to my kids. My dad gave it to me when I had to have a cardiac cath procedure when I was little. He bought it at the gift shop of the hospital, and it holds SUCH special memories for me. I still choose marmalade over regular jelly just because of PB.

I am more than a little obsessed with all things British, so I have a hard time going through that gift shop without wanting all the things. I spent three summers living in London during college, and it was completely unnecessary and didn't help my degree at all. Just cause. Cause elementary school teachers need to study sociology and creative writing in a foreign country?? Yeah, maybe not.

I agree with Epcot messing with kids' geographical sense, but it's good for my kids because they aren't making it overseas for a while...there's just too darn many of them! So I'm like, "LOOK! You have been to France! Tell all your friends." My parenting skills are awesome, by the way.

Aww that is so sweet that you have such wonderful memories of Paddington Bear to pass on to your children! :goodvibes Haha I remember always calling the jelly on my PB&J sandwiches "marmalade"! :rotfl:

HAHA yeah I'm pretty sure when I have children they won't set foot off until the continental US until they're adults and they do it on their own. Every single family vacation we take with be to Disney World and Disney World only! :thumbsup2

Yes, I totally replied before you posted a second update. So, more comments.

I love those gardens back there! I tell Brandon that I want to plant lots of colors like that around our house, maybe put in a pond...and then he reminds me that we both have black thumbs, so I just take a picture and move on.

We've never been to Le Cellier before, though.:duck:
We will. But the problem with Epcot is that there are just too many good snacks and too many good places to eat, both in the park and within walking distance through the International Gateway. Just too many possibilities! I guess that means more trips:thumbsup2.
I would have ordered exactly what you ordered, sans sparkling water. Blech!

Glad you enjoyed your meal and got some nourishment and a bit of rejuvenation from the darkness.

HAHA John and I have black thumbs too! :lmao: We had a house plant one time that died after like a day and started smelling like rotten meet. Ever since then I try to stick with fake plants!

I totally know what you mean about Epcot. It's so hard to settle on one place to eat with so many choices! Honestly, Le Cellier is amazing, but I won't eat there nearly as much now that they've gotten rid of their lunch menu!

Thanks! It was very refreshing! :)

First of all, HECK YES to the fact that John will be back in three days! And another HECK YES to the fact that ONE MONTH. :faint:

Also, I really love that Aloette song. I'm weird and it reminds me of a Target commercial. Target is my favorite.

That dress is SO CUTE! Those photopass pics are too perfect. That was an awesome Christmas card choice. :thumbsup2

Oh Le Cellier. So yummy, but I'm a little upset with them as well. Why would I want to essentially pay double for the same lunch I had last year? I mean, even if it is a bigger portion, it still doesn't seem worth it. Bummer.

Eh, oh well. ONE MONTH!!! (Also, both of our tickers are stupid liars.)

Right? RIGHT?! I seriously can't believe it! :hyper:

I love it too, but did you know the lyrics are all about killing a lark because it won't stop singing? John was like, "That song is about plucking a bird's feathers out." :sad: I had no idea!

Thank you so much! I love that dress, but it is kind of heavy and hot, hence the reason you will see a wardrobe change in a few updates!

Seriously, I just don't get it. I like to eat, but I really don't want a full size friggin' steak in the middle of the day in Florida. No thank you.

LESS THAN ONE MONTH NOW. :faint:

Missed your updates Joni. Glad you are back and how exciting about John being home soon. Glad your long wait is almost over.

I saw your poutine picture and it made me so hungry I had to go find some cheese. Of course all we had was swiss, but it was better than nothing.

I agree with being sad about the Le Cellier changes. I am putting our October trip together and we have decided to skip it for the first time in years. We love the Boulangerie Patisserie, the CS in Morocco (whose name is sadly escaping me at the moment), and want to try the pizza window in Italy. We will make do with cs in Epcot this trip and see what happens.

Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you so much! :) I'm glad to be back, and I'm REALLY glad to have John coming home soon! :goodvibes

Hahaha don't you hate it when you crave something, and what you have it your fridge just doesn't cut it? I do that all the time! I hope your swiss cheese was good. :)

I don't blame you! We will probably skip it on our next trip too.

Yay updates!

That is such a cute thing that Mickey and Minnie told you happy anniversary! I have never heard of them doing that! How cool!

Lol that description of your picture in Le Cellier cracked me up.

Love your lunch choices- that is exactly what my boyfriend and I order there although I am bummed no lunch menu anymore.

I didn't know they did it either! I was so excited! They sang a whole little song and everything! It was so cute!

Haha seriously though, I look like John put something in my drink! :rotfl:

I know, I'm so bummed about the lunch menu! :( Hopefully they will realize it was a mistake and change it back!

Well the Poutine that they serve in Le Cellier looks good the true version of it uses cheese curds and are usually a white cheese rather than orange which is died that colour during the cheesemaking process.

Oddly enough, Le Cellier used to serve the more "traditional" version of poutine that you're talking about! I remember the first time we had it, it was completely different than it is now. I'm not sure what made them make it more "American" with the big thick steak fries and nacho cheese, because I definitely preferred it the other way! :thumbsup2

Cute pics! :)

Thank you! :)

Yayyyy!!! Welcome back! We've (I've) missed you! I'm soooo happy for you that you get to see John soon. I loved your updates too. Especially the kissy pictures. They were so cute!

Thank you so much! :hug: You are so sweet!

Glad to see an update from you :goodvibes. I love that soup so much, I make it at home all the time in the winter. Also congrats on John being home in a few day. That is wonderful news :cheer2:

Thank you! It's good to be back! :) I love to make the cheddar cheese soup at home too! It's so expensive though!

Thank you so much! I am so excited that he's coming home! :bitelip:

Glad to you see you're back!

Thank you! I'm glad to be back! :)

Yay! An update on one of my favorite trip reports! Glad you're back!

Aww yay! I'm glad it's one of your favorites! :goodvibes Thank you so much!

Glad to see the updates! I love your trip reports and the redneck references. lol I was born and raised in Arkansas and now live in Texas. Redneck central! lol;)

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I'm glad you enjoy my reports, from one redneck to another! ;)

July 10, 2012

Para bailar La Bamba
Para bailar La Bamba
Se necessita una poca de gracia
Una poca de gracia

After our huge lunch, John and I were both more than ready to walk off the pounds around Epcot! But first, John had to stop and have an after-lunch cigarette.

*Side note- John has been smoking since he was 16 years old. I have never been a smoker, and Ive been trying to convince him to quit basically since he started. It hasnt worked out so far, simply because his job is just too stressful and he hasnt been able to give up that source of relief. However, he is working really hard to get healthier, and I am happy to report that he has cut back from smoking a pack a day to smoking a pack a week! He is hoping to be completely done with it by our fifth anniversary, June 28th! Im so proud of him!*

Anyway, while John smoked, I popped into the Port of Entry shop to browse around.

NAPPER ALERT. Did you see her?

I never really have any luck in that store, so I came back out pretty quickly and just enjoyed the view while I waited for John.

So pretty! I kept hoping the monorail would come by so I could get the perfect Spaceship Earth/monorail shot, but I was too impatient to wait around for it.

I went and sat with John where he was smoking, but these crazy ducks started coming right up to my feet and pecking all around my toes! :scared:

Im sorry duck, but that is just too close for comfort. Heres the gripping account of this event, as documented in my trip journal: Got chase by devil ducks.

:sad1:

Riveting, I know. Its like you were there, right?

Pretty clouds!

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, John finished his cigarette, so it was off to new adventures. John really wanted to ride Mission: Space later, so we decided to go grab Fast Passes. I needed to make a pit stop first, because I had a righteous blister forming on my foot that needed a band aid. We stopped at the First Aid station, and before I even made it through the door the lady working there had a band aid in hand and ready for me. I didnt even have to ask! Something tells me they see a lot of blisters at Disney World. Go figure. :scratchin

After I bandaged myself up we were back on track to Mission: Space!

We snagged some Fast Passes for later that evening!

After we had our Fast Passes we decided to stop in one of the best gift shops in all the land: Mouse Gears!

I wasnt really in the mood to buy anything, so I just did some browsing. I saw this Belle shirt that was really pretty, but I couldnt bring myself to pay $35 for it!

After about fifteen minutes of wandering around Mouse Gears, I realized I couldnt find John anywhere! Now as you all know, that store is big and easy to lose people in, but I searched and searched and STILL couldnt find him. Finally I called his cell phone, and he answered it right as he walked up behind me! I knew he had been up to something, and I found out that I was right when we went outside and he gave me these!

He snuck off and bought me two new pins! :upsidedow The Ariel one is from the Valiant and Villainous limited edition collection, and the other is a Love the World pin with a card backing that is actually wild flower seeds! How cute! I loved them both, and I thought it was very sweet of him to surprise me!

With our FPs in hand, we were ready to have some more fun in the World Showcase! Our next stop was Mexico!

As you can see, Mexico used to have a very strict dress code.

I love the women in this next picture just hanging out in their sombreros.

THIS SHIRT. Literally like the last five times I have been to Disney World I have looked at this shirt and thought about buying it. I love the Three Caballeros, plus the shirt is super soft and relatively cheap. I always ALMOST buy it, but then I never do. Im definitely going to get it next month!

Speaking of the Three Caballeros, we decided to take a quick tour of Mexico on the Gran Fiesta Tour!

FIESTA HOY, MARISSA!

So its no secret to anyone who knows John and me that we are both big tattoo lovers. John has two full sleeves and a full chest piece, and as of right now I have six tattoos myself. On May 15th Im going in to get one of my tattoos covered up, and Im getting it covered with a Dia de los Muertos sugar skull! Im so excited! Its going to be really bright and colorful. Haha sorry for digressing, but the Gran Fiesta skeletons reminded me of that!

Back to Mexico! Ole! (P.S- I thought there was a sombrero smiley, but I was sadly mistaken. I'm so disappointed. I mean come on, we have this thing: :yo-yo: but no sombrero? Boo!)

Stop hitting that Donald piñata! In the words of Stephanie Judith Tanner, HOW RUDE! :snooty:

John was really enjoying this wonderful tour of Mexico.

''

Pretty soon we dragged Donald away from those lovely senoritas, and we finished our tour of Mexico!

How come this parrot is so bird-like, but Jose Carioca is a rad little dude in a hat and suit? The world may never know.

Up next, I run into an old (REALLY old) friend in China! Stay tuned!

Yay for John on cutting back smoking! Ive been trying to get my dad to cut back/quit too but no bueno! So frustrating.

How sweet that he bought you two pins!!!!

"A Girl Worth Fighting For"- Mulan

July 10, 2012

For a long time we've been
marching off to battle
In our thundering herd
We feel a lot like cattle

After we finished exploring Mexico we decided to head to China. John wanted to get a beer, and I had been itching to try the strawberry red bean ice cream that I had read so much about on the DIS!

It was really good, but I was still pretty full from lunch, so I only ate a little bit and I let John finish the rest. Since I didn’t even eat half of it, and I ate it while walking around, I feel like a dining review is unnecessary. However, I will tell you that it was really yummy, but you have to wait for it to thaw a little bit because it was frozen rock solid. It has an interesting flavor, and if you like strawberry ice cream then you will love it! :thumbsup2

While we were enjoying the ice cream and John was enjoying his beer, we walked around the gift shop in China.

This painting on the wall reminded me of John’s tattoos, so I made him take a picture with it!

I saw this saying and I thought it was very inspirational!

While we were in China John wanted to go check out the tomb warriors…again. Please understand, the tomb warriors were cool the first time I saw them, but now they rank up there in excitement somewhere around the Stave church.

I wasn’t thrilled about spending my afternoon with some terracotta soldiers, but I was pretty excited to visit an old friend…

LARRY! If you don’t remember Larry the Happy Tomb Warrior, you can read about our first meeting in THIS UPDATE from my last TR!

I still haven't figured out why Larry is so darn happy. Maybe, just maybe, he has...A GIRL WORTH FIGHTING FOR! *Nailed it* :cool1:

Alright everyone, bring it in for a group shot!

Any idea what this interesting little creature is?

:confused:

If you guessed “FISH WITH HUMAN HEAD,” you were ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Oh China, the treasures you hold.

By the time we finished brushing up on our half man/half fish Chinese lore, I was really starting to feel run down. All of the sun exposure that morning had taken it’s toll on me, not to mention my lunch was sitting in my belly like a brick. It was hot, I was grumpy, and we were both desperately in need of a nap, so we decided to head back to the Beach Club for a little R&R.

On the way, I stopped to admire the recycled Disney beads!

So cool! I wish it was like, obvious that they were made out of Disney paper. Then I would totally buy them. I think it's really cool that they make those, but I just don't see myself wearing them enough to justify buying them.

Anyway, we made it back to the Beach Club at about 4:30, and I collapsed onto the bed and instantly fell asleep. I was so exhausted!

Up next: Would I be able to wake up for our evening at Epcot and a dinner at Via Napoli? Stay tuned!

Yay for John on cutting back smoking! Ive been trying to get my dad to cut back/quit too but no bueno! So frustrating.

How sweet that he bought you two pins!!!!

I'm really proud of him! :goodvibes I hope your dad listens to you and decides to quit too! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

It was super sweet! He's so considerate! :flower3:

I have to say I love reading your trip reports..They are always so entertaining.
My daughter and I may be going in February with her school band (yes we will be one of those tour groups :rotfl:) so maybe I will try writing a TR...

It's awesome that your husband is trying to quit smoking. My husband and I both smoked when we dated and were first married. I quit the day I found out I was pregnant 18 years ago and my husband tried several times but finally did about 4 years later.

You have to be close to a little kid on Christmas Eve with it being so close to John coming home.

Can't wait to read more...

YAY UPDATES!!! And even more yay, JOHN'S COMING HOME!!! That's wonderful!

You look so pretty all ready for Le Cellier! I am so excited to eat there next month! It has been waaaay too long. I'm kind of annoyed about them only having one menu now too though. Sheesh @ the prices. I think a lot of people feel this way b/c I have noticed more reservations available. I changed our ADR several times without a problem of finding a new time at all which was unheard of not long ago! So I hope Disney is noticing.

I'm so happy to hear about John cutting back on smoking, good for him!!
Your tattoo sounds awesome. I love bright and colorful tattoos. My friend has a sunset on his arm and it is AMAZING.

Whoa, Le Cellier AND Via Napoli in one day? FOOD COMA. I can't wait to hear about it!! Glad you're back!!

Omg, how awesome of John to cut back on smoking! I really hope it works for him. That would be amazing!

Epcot is just a great place for naps. My dad would highly recommend the benches next to Club Cool.

I feel like John is the king of Disney-related surprises. So cute! Those pins are awesome.

I'LL GET A THREE CABALLEROS SHIRT TOO. AND THEN YOUR MOM CAN GET ONE AND WE CAN BE THE THREE CABALLEROS.

Bahahaha. FIESTA HOY! You must have watched my video. Yeah, that's how I am on rides. You've been warned.

Aw, Larry! I've missed him so.

Oddly enough, Le Cellier used to serve the more "traditional" version of poutine that you're talking about! I remember the first time we had it, it was completely different than it is now. I'm not sure what made them make it more "American" with the big thick steak fries and nacho cheese, because I definitely preferred it the other way! :thumbsup2

Interesting it makes me wonder what the nationality of the head chef is and I really think a Canadian company needs to step in and run Le Cellier. I think it would be a good fit for The Keg. The only problem that would create would be waht to get for dessert, the maple creme brulee or billy miner pie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter