The Greatest Hits: A Trip Like This Needs a Soundtrack!-A July 2012 TR Upd. 5/5!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by therussells08, Jul 24, 2012.

1. therussells08

therussells08 Roger, Simba One!

Haha thanks! That's pretty much exactly how I felt when I tasted that pizza! :rotfl:

Tren-D is seriously hazardous to my health. Well, it's hazardous to my wallet, which is in turn hazardous to John's health!

I can't wait to post my BC updates! That place is so beautiful!

That is SUCH great news! I noticed they increased the price just a bit, but I don't even care. It's still a great deal!

Those AP discounts are the best! It really makes paying that money even more worth it! I was so impressed by WPE! I will definitely be eating there again!

YES I heard about that the other day! OMG, I want to go SO badly. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to manage a trip in November, since I have to work. Still, I think it's so cool they do stuff like that for AP holders! AHHH, that is so cool that you got to go to the EE preview! That sounds like so much fun! :)

Haha I totally understand why you guys basically ate that pizza everyday. It's SO GOOD! I would really like to try other stuff on the menu too! I saw like fifty different things that I wanted when we ate there!

I loved those pins! Unfortunately I never got any! Maybe next time!

Thanks! I was really excited about! I'm sure they'll still have it in October, because it's a pretty new style!

Yay! I'm glad my update was just what you needed! :)

Your reviews were GREAT! We loved WPE so much!

Hahaha but really. I think there's some kind of black hole that you slip into when you're really hungry and waiting on your food, because time pretty much just stops.

Yeah John said his pizza was delicious! It looked really good!

Seriously, I love the AP! There's so many different ways to save money with it!

Yum, the BBQ chicken pizza sounds really good too! They're menu is so full of tempting items!

Thank you! I was really happy with both of my purchases! I love DTD! :goodvibes

I know right! It is amazing!!

Thank you! :) Haha I'm right there with you! I love empty notebooks. I have like 100 notebooks that I've never written in. I just hoard them away!

My future purchases are VERY exciting! Stay tuned! ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. therussells08

Thank you! It really was! :)

Thanks again! I'm the exact same way- I always stress out about not buying something that I want as soon as I see it!

You're welcome! I hope it was helpful! I think you'd really enjoy it!

I think that sounds like a GREAT plan! :thumbsup2 That's so awesome that you're squeezing in a little Disney magic! I think WPE would be a great choice before you head back home!

Haha that is definitely a huge compliment since you're from Jersey! They should be very flattered! :)

Exactly! I usually don't mess with hotel shampoos, but when I was Paul Mitchell I couldn't resist!

Ahhh the BC is SO amazing! I love it! :goodvibes

You're so welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the update! :)

WPE really is awesome! I wish I had some right now too! I bet the flatbread was delicious!

Thanks! :) I hate that too! That happened to me twice on previous trips, and I still regret not just going ahead and buying the shirts the first time I saw them!

I'm glad you liked the song choice! :) That's exactly how I felt when I finally got to eat! :rotfl:

It is SO GOOD!

I did that a few times on this trip. I can remember at least once or twice that I bought something and then realized I'd forgotten my AP right after I walked away from the register. Still, I managed to get a ton of great discounts!

Ahhh BC is SO perfect! You are going to absolutely LOVE it!

It is delicious! I'm sorry you didn't get to try it last time, but hopefully on your next trip you will! :thumbsup2

4. therussells08

Thank you! :) That pizza was SO good! I love EoS too, but I think WPE is definitely worth skipping EoS at least once!

It is SO good! I love it! Yeah, my AP was already saving me a lot of money! It was such a great investment! :goodvibes

It's amazing! I highly recommend it! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :) We loved WPE!

I know, I'm drooling just looking back at the pics! It was so good! Thanks! :) I love how many characters are on the shirt!

It was delicious! I know right. You just don't have evenings like that at home.

I know, right! Disney pins are life ruiners, because I want them all. Excuse me while I go sell my house and live in a cardboard box with all my pins!

AHHH you should have! We are totally going to have to get matching shirts when we go on our twin trip. I'm imagining epic Photopass pictures... :scratchin

Yes they are! I love having my beautiful AP!

5. therussells08

I definitely think WPE is worth skipping EoS once! They're both so good, but WPE is a nice change! :thumbsup2

Yep, I got something from both! And I guess maybe...just maybe...one thing could be a new Dooney... ;)

Thank you! Design-a-Tee is so cool! I love it!

John has one Disney hat, and it has Donald on it and says "This is my happy face" but he hardly ever wears it! He's like Brandon though, he doesn't mind the shirts!

I LOVE the BC so much! Seriously, it was the perfect resort!

It definitely earned that Remy! It was so delicious! :goodvibes

I am so excited to share my Tren-D purchase with you guys! It was very excited, but completely unexpected! I know, I feel like I should shop at World of Disney as soon as they open, but I'm never at DTD at that time of day!

I know, I was starting to go crazy! Luckily we would be in a park in less than twelve hours!

:welcome: I'm so glad you're here! We really did have a wonderful time! :)

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the music! :)

WPE is so good! My pizza was amazing, and John said his was too! You should definitely go there on your next trip! SO many DISers can't be wrong! ;)

I love Design-a-Tee! We discovered it on our 3rd anniversary trip, and it's definitely become a tradition! I know what you mean about Art of Disney. I want to fill my house with those paintings! I love trading pins, and my new lanyard helped me get even more excited about 10 days of pin trading to come! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! :) I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

It was SO good! I highly recommend it!

I know, I wish I had now! :sad1: You're right! It would have matched everything perfectly!

6. therussells08

Hi Shelly! :welcome: Thanks so much for reading my reports! I'm so glad you enjoy them!

I know what you mean! When we went in 2011 we spent our first two nights off property! I thought I was going to go crazy!

Thank you so much! That is very kind of you. It means a lot when people recognize his service. :goodvibes

Thank you! I love Jasmine. She's my favorite princess!
    I love buying pins on Ebay! They're so cheap! I didn't make my bag, I think my mom bought it from the Disney Store website! The inside has about ten felt pages, and some zippered spots to hold extra pin backs! It's really cool!
    HAHA OMG I totally should have done that with the Diet Dr. Pepper thing. Although I'm terrible at science, so he'd probably know I was bluffing! :rotfl:
    John is like that over Redbulls! He's obsessed with them! I tried one once, and I thought it tasted like liquid Sweetarts! It was pretty good!
    I was so relieved to see Queen Stacey on that TV!
    Haha he is so silly! I love ToT too! It's definitely one of my favorites!
    I LOVE my AP! Seriously, I look at it like everyday, just because I feel so awesome owning it!
    I didn't get to try the mac and cheese at WPE, unfortunately. :( Definitely next time!
    I know, I love DTD SO much! I seriously regret not getting those pins!

Yay! Thanks for your comments! :)

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! Haha see, here in the south there's a Waffle House about every mile. It's not my favorite!

Ahhh that would be so frustrating to be so close but not be able to enjoy Disney! :mad:

Well, at least you got to go to MK for a day! That was really nice of my your company!

Thank you! I hope you enjoy everything!

Thank you so much! :) I'm glad you're enjoying it! YES! WPE is perfect!

Yay! I'm so glad I convinced you! I think you'll really enjoy it! :)

I totally get why it's your favorite! It's amazing! I can't wait to go back and try that mac n cheese! Yeah, surprisingly quite a few places offer an AP discount for dining! It never hurts to ask! :)

I know, it's amazing! Oh well, I bet your sandwich was still super tasty! Now you just have an excuse to go back, so you can try the pizza or mac n cheese! ;)

ME TOO! I can't stand to go in there. There's just so much I want!

I know, I hate that traffic! I am so excited to do my next update and show you guys the BC! :goodvibes

7. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

If I actually end up getting to go in Dec, I will get it!

YES YES YES. That sounds beautiful. AHHH I'm so excited!

8. therussells08

"Vacation"- The Go Go's

July 8, 2012

Vacation, all I ever wanted
    Vacation, had to get away

I woke up the next morning at 6:45 and literally leapt out of bed. It was finally time to check into the Beach Club and REALLY get this vacation started! I got in the shower, and then I woke John up at about 7:00. We finished getting ready, and headed down to the hotel’s continental breakfast at about 7:45. I was so excited for our day!

[​IMG]

The elevator was still acting like it was possessed, but we made it down safely. It was still pretty early so the dining room wasn’t very crowded, so we grabbed what we wanted and found a table. I had some oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins and yogurt with orange juice.

[​IMG]

John had some eggs and a blueberry muffin with a cup of coffee.

[​IMG]

Time for the dining review!

Service: It was a continental breakfast buffet, so there really was no service. The food stations were all kept pretty full, though, so I guess that counts for something?

Atmosphere: Eh, there’s not much to say about that. The hotel was kind of bland and boring, as was the dining area. We were surrounded by miserable looking people who seemed more like they were getting ready for surgery rather than a day of vacation.

Food Quality: One word: bland. My oatmeal was just okay, and the yogurt was yogurt. John was not very happy with his breakfast. The eggs ended up giving him a stomach ache later, and he was disappointed because the only meat option they had was corn beef. What kind of buffet doesn’t have bacon or sausage? I’m just sayin’.

Overall Dining Experience: Honestly, it was not a pleasant meal. Neither one of us cared that it was gross because it was free and we were going to be eating Disney food in just a few short hours, but still. It was definitely one of the worst continental breakfast buffets I’ve ever seen!

Overall our breakfast receives the following rating:

Category 3- Django

[​IMG]

Sorry, Springhill Suites!

Oh well, we didn’t dwell for long on our less-than-satisfying breakfast. We rushed back up to the room, gathered all our stuff, and ran out without looking back. We checked out at exactly 8:05 and headed out. The traffic was SO much better that morning, so in just a few minutes we were seeing...

[​IMG]

THANK YOU LORD. :worship: Words cannot describe the way I felt driving under that sign and knowing I was in the Disney bubble to stay for the next TEN DAYS. It was magical!

We headed straight toward the Epcot resort area so we could check in to the Beach Club!

[​IMG]

One day. One day I WILL be a DVC member! ::yes::

We followed the signs to where we needed to be, and then I saw THIS:

[​IMG]

I was SO excited! I had never even laid eyes on the Beach Club before, so everything was brand new to me!

[​IMG]

It’s so beautiful! John dropped me off up front so I could go check us in while he parked the car. If you remember, we don’t do valets. We just don’t.

Anyway, the first thing I noticed when I walked into the Beach Club was THE SMELL. :goodvibes I had read about that smell all over the DIS, but words cannot describe how amazing it actually is. That was hands down the most beautiful smell my nostrils had ever experienced, and this is coming from a girl who used to work in the mall and had to walk past the Cinnabon everyday.

I headed to check in and didn’t have to wait at all! A really nice CM named Danny helped me. One of the first thing he did was give me our anniversary buttons!

[​IMG]

Yay! Danny said our room wasn’t ready, which I was completely expecting, but he worked his CM magic on his computer for a few minutes, then he said SURPRISE, he found one that was ready, and it had a king sized bed! YAY FOR PIXIE DUST! I was so excited! I couldn’t believe it wasn’t even 8:30 and our room was already ready for us! While Danny finished up checking us in I made small talk with him. I mentioned how absolutely amazing it smelled in there, and Danny told me it was something that they pump through the vents. This was very fascinating, but I still didn’t know what the smell actually is! I’m going to guess it’s a mixture of angel wing dust and Heaven rain. I dunno, but it’s got to be something like that.

Anyway, I took a few pictures of the lobby before heading out to meet John!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went outside just as John was walking up, so we walked back to the car together to get our luggage. As always, we forced ourselves to carry it all in one trip, so we grunted and sweated our way back into the Beach Club and onto the elevator!

[​IMG]

We were on the second floor, so it wasn’t a very long elevator ride. Luckily this was a Disney elevator, so there was no terrifying noises or shaky stops.

Time to find our room!

Look, hidden Mickeys in the carpet!

[​IMG]

And there’s Flounder!

[​IMG]

We were in room 2590!

[​IMG]

I got really excited when I realized we had one of the new RFID technology doors, so all we had to do was basically rub our KTTW on the lock and it opened! Snazzy!

Alright, are you ready to see the room? Here you go! :)

[​IMG]

Here’s our couch!

[​IMG]

Complete with hidden Mickeys on the pillows!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love that the TV was on the wall! It gave us so much more room!

Here’s our sink area! This room was so big!

[​IMG]

And here’s the desk!

[​IMG]

More room pictures continued in next post! Stay tuned!

9. LongLiveDisney

LongLiveDisney DIS Veteran

AHHH! This is so exciting! I'm getting excited here just WAITING for you to get the show on the road. I think I need a Disney vacation. Now. :rotfl:

That Springhill Suites breakfast looks miserable. I always hated those 'free continental breakfasts' because everytime we have one, it makes us sick for the rest of the day.

The Beach Club looks beautiful! I've heard the same thing about the smell, and I also know that they pump cotton candy scents out of the vents near Mainstreet Bakery, if you didn't already know that. Love the hidden Mickeys in your room!

Awesome update! Keep them coming! :)

10. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

AHHHH the Beach Club!!! Okay, I really need to visit that place when it isn't Christmas time! I don't know what the real smell is, because at Christmas it smells like gingerbread! I want to know what angel wing dust and Heaven rain smells like... :laughing:

HOORAY! When your room is ready THAT early, you know it's a good thing! I take that to mean that nobody had used that room in a while, so it's even more awesome.

FLOUNDER?!?!? OMG. He is one of my favorite characters EVER. That's amazing!

Ahhh your room looks awesome so far!!!

11. SoNotAPrincess

SoNotAPrincess Disney Diva

OMG, the Disney bubble! Why must we ever leave??

Now see what you've done? We're staying at YC in October; but now, thanks to your photos and description of the amazing, Heaven-scented air, I'm tempted to change to Beach Club. Aaaargh...decisions! :upsidedow

Your room is lovely, and yay for the CM finding you one that was ready!

12. littlebit0863

littlebit0863 Mouseketeer

Love your trip reports, they are so funny! I have not only creepily stalked and read all of them, but also shared them with my coworkers. Thanks for being entertaining!

13. MissPrice

MissPrice Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Yay!! I love the Go-Go's. I always sing Vacation when I'm in the shower. lol. The Beach Club looks gorgeous. What a huge room. I wish I could "smell that smell" (lynryd skynyrd song hehhe) in the lobby. -Amanda

14. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

Hi,
    Great start to the report.
    Your dogs are adorable.
    The pizzas sound good, might have to try them someday.
    Don’t you love having an AP? Only bad thing is you feel like you have to go, always. LOL
    I hope you do become a DVC member one day it is great. I have not stayed at BCV yet being it is always booked up when I try but someday.
    Congrats on getting a room so early. The room looked great.
    Looking forward to hearing more about the tirp.

15. smile4stamps

smile4stamps DIS Veteran

Love your pics so far of the Beach club! I would LOVE to stay deluxe but its just too pricey for me!

16. Disneyfreak616

Disneyfreak616 DIS Veteran

YAYYY it's DISNEY TIME!!! :woohoo: Aww the Beach Club is so beautiful!!! YAY dreams come true! pixiedust:

THE SMELL. :love: I'm obsessed with it. YAY that your room was ready!! It's beautiful and so HUGE!!! :yay:

17. princess_momma

princess_momma DIS Veteran

AHHHHHHHHHH the Beach Club resort is my favorite!! I just love it and am dying to stay there!! Yay for room pixie dust!!

I really wish I could just buy all the great stuff you posted that has Hidden Mickey's. I love the beach balls one. I feel like it's discreet enough that if my friends saw it in my own beach house, they wouldn't know right away what a big freak I was. Flounder might give it away though. Even the ones on the pillow...I LOVE classy, perfect Disney stuff. Of course Disney can make the nicest hotels sooooooo magical without being the least bit tacky. SO PERFECT!!

18. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Cute shirt!! :thumbsup2

Yay for the room being ready! That is always some amazing pixie dust!

Oh, wow! That room is so adorable!!!! I love it! :dance3: I want to stay at the Beach Club SOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOO BADLY!!!!! One of these days, mark my words, I WILL STAY THERE!

19. OThopeful35

OThopeful35 DIS Veteran

Loving the trip report! It's so awesome when they have a ready room:cool1:

20. Aussiesalad

Aussiesalad Totes Mcgoats

I don't think I said it before but hallway at the other hotel= super creepy!
    Total horror movie setting :eek:
    I feel a little bad for all the hotels in the Orlando area though, I mean try as they might- they just can't compete with perfection!!

Nice Michelle Tanner quote :thumbsup2 I swear pretty much all I quote at the world is Full House and Stacey. Love them!

Feels sooooo good to drive under the gates and into the Disney bubble!
    BEST feeling!

Beach club looks so beautiful. That is hilarious about the smell that they pump into the vents.
    I would really like that kind of system at my house- Disney smells just getting pumped through the air all the time would be more than ok with me.

21. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

YAY, finally the Beach Club!!! :rotfl:

Is it weird not using the valet parking or something? Because Brandon and I don't use it either, he doesn't even drop me off to check in, we just park and both walk 10 miles to check in. Then of course we have to walk another 10 miles back to the car, get all of our stuff, and walk another 10 miles to the room. I never really thought anything of it, I just assumed that's what most people do! But I guess they have valet for a reason? :rotfl2:

Isn't the Beach Club smell the best? Every time I walked in there, I inhaled SO deeply, it is so pretty! I don't know what it is either, but I'm sure it's something from Heaven. :cloud9:

Your room is amazing!!! See, if we had a room like that to begin with, with a king bed and the sink, I would have been fine (well, except for the noise that made us switch rooms anyway) but our room was just so weird, it didn't make any sense! Your room is perfect! I love the Beach Club so much...now I'm wishing I was staying there in November! :(