The Grand Floridian Spa

EllyLovesDisney

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been there? Did you like it? What treatments did you have?
I am thinking of going on our off day from the parks and getting some alone time while dh and dd spend some quality time together. He gets golf time so I should get some spa time ;)
I can't wait to hear about your experiances!
:goodvibes

I had a massage and a pedicure there last Nov they were great. The pedicure was wonderful and very relaxing.

It's nice, but not world-class. If you have been to a spa like Miraval or Canyon Ranch you'll be VERY disappointed. I've never had a bad treatment there, but I've had several that have been nothing more than OK. ANd unless something has recently changed, they don't do hot stone massage, which is a deal killer for me.

IMHO their prices are a bit high for the service. The good thing is that unless something has recently changed, they use Jurlique skin care products, which are wonderful!

Anne

the lotion they use is very nice
but Anne is right is is very over priced, and that doesnt include the tip

I agree, their prices do seem high - and I am in NYC! I guess I was trying to see if it was "worth it". The spa at the dolphin seems nicer but I would rather just hop on the monorail and go to the GF. I'm thinking of getting the Tired Soothing Legs treatment and something else. I wish they offered a 30 min. massage! Or more combo treatments! I want to be there for an hour and a half, 2 hours tops.

Thanks for all the replies!

I've had a seaweed wrap and a pedicure. It's not the fanciest spa I've been to but I liked it b/c it's Disneyworld. I really enjoyed the pedicure. The staff was very friendly. DH and my mom had massages too and thought they were ok. DH had something else too but I can't remember.

I was recently at the GF Spa and was rather dissapointed. The holding room where you wait for your services was so small women were standing. Though the service was fine it was not worth the price. The Mandara Spa at the Dolphin is far superior and while it is similar in price, I found it to be worth it. I would not return to the GF Spa but I would certainly go back to the Mandara.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter