The Goofy Identity (Just whose side are you on anyway?) - Compleated!

Chapter 3: Integration

C03-101_zps1baca644.jpg

Part 1: That’s the second biggest arro…
errrr…
Disney Park I’ve even seen…​

Now that we’d successfully infiltrated the land of Mouse and set up a plausible cover story, the next objective was to thoroughly blend in. We’d need to integrate ourselves in with the rest of the rabble. Dissolve into the crowd… follow the expected routine of a run of the mill guest. That being: act clueless and be sure to completely and blatantly screw-up several times along the way…

C03-102_zps162768be.jpg

…while still being able (somehow or other) to successfully complete the mission (even if through totally unrealistic means). Preferably that completion would be prior to the second commercial break and most definitely by the time the epilog rolls around…

C03-103_zps9387c39c.jpg

Oh yah…
“And loving it!”

OK, so how best to accomplish that task on our first full day on property?
Why, a visit to Epcot of course!

“Good idea 99!”

Perfect cover… We’ll show up and appear to be just another group of underwhelmed tourists scratching their heads and attempting to discern just how it is that things like “Leaving a Legacy” or a quick tour of the “Stave Church” could possibly be listed as “attractions” on the park map.

C03-104_zpsc2fb2cea.jpg

Ahh yes… the old “include every bit of available sideshow fluff on the park map attractions list” trick…
and I fell for it.

Not that there aren’t some very fine attractions at the park closest to our resort. Some of them very high in quality as well… it’s just that (and I’m talkin’ about Future World here) they could surely use a few more of ‘em ‘round here. They could also do with replacing several that are there as well.

But I’m getting way ahead of myself here.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
How to Succeed in the Spy Business
Without Really Trying (2#25)

C03-105_zpsc936fd4a.jpg

Sunday morning arrived and as usual when we’re traveling, I was up first. Not early mind you, but still first (we decided that we weren’t going to be in a great rush this morning). Being first up though meant that I was charged with setting our plan of “conformity” and apparent poor planning into action. Now, how best to accomplish that task (aside from not being in a rush that is)? I know… I’ll walk a long roundabout path just to get a cup of bad coffee. That’ll do it. I’ll look just like a tourist.

As I’ve said before, POR is one beautiful resort; a lush, visual feast around every corner…

C03-106_zpsb9456613.jpg

So I set out to take all that lushness in for myself.

C03-107_zps790f542f.jpg

Now before starting on this trek I set down with a couple of maps of Port Orleans and of WDW in general to see if I couldn’t work out the best routes for getting to my objectives of the day. As for getting down to the dining hall from our spot out in the bayou so as to retrieving a bit of bad coffee… well… there is no “direct” route from Point-X-Ray to Point-Zed, so I just followed the closest one available.
Which can best be described as: meandering.

C03-108_zps63136e06.jpg

A bit time consuming, yes, but still… quite pleasant.
Besides… I’m on vacation, Right?

OK, so now why would I be making that hike just to retrieve coffee that I know ain’t all that good? Because my wife needs to be spoiled and spoiled often… and by somebody that knows how. I’m not a big drinker of the bitter brew, but she is. And… even though Nesca-crap, ain’t particularly good (by any stretch of the imagination) a fair amount of proper half-n-half (which is available) does make it palatable. Having a mug of the stuff waiting on her once she got out of the shower was exactly what she needed so at the time it constituted a perfectly valid objective for me.

C03-109_zps13317557.jpg

Were the boys a bit younger, I’d have probably brought them back some Hot Chocolate as well, but being as both of the them were plenty old enough to fend for themselves (and chose to sleep in until the last possible second), I decided that doing without would also be just exactly what they were in need of at that moment in time.

This however was one of the last few times I’d be making that walk on this trip.

Once everyone was up and ready, did we jump on the bus and race to make it to a rope drop? Nope… we did the very un-touristy thing of hopping into the car and driving back up to the main entrance to get some breakfast…

C03-110_zpsd43264d7.jpg

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
The Impossible Mission (4#01)

C03-111_zps472f8b3e.jpg

Objective for the day: Take down as many of Epcot: Future World’s actual “attractions” as possible. Specifically the big three: Test Track, Mission Space and Soarin’ (and anything else that strikes our fancy while we’re up that way).

Spoiler alert! Not gonn’a happen.
We’d have accomplished as much if our objectives had been to see Horizons or Cranium Command.

Could it have been accomplished in the first place? Maybe, if we’d started earlier, skipped breakfast, had gotten a bit more moderation from Mother Nature and most importantly, if nothing important had broken down. We didn’t have a bad day (let’s be quite clear on that point). We just found it impossible to complete the mission as intended… on this day anyway.

So let’s get back to the story (such as it is).

After grabbing a bit of grub (and after starting off later then was prudent), we again broke convention and completely avoided the complimentary transportation service. Instead our entourage made the drive directly over to the Experimental Prototype Community of the Future in our own personal “limo”: Tamara’s Altima. This also had the advantages of no one needing to give up a seat for anyone else or having to wait for the driver to fold away half of the remaining seats in order to load a couple of mobility scooters. As I was saying a bit earlier, I took a good look at a couple maps that morning and determined that the drive from Point-R to Point-E was a whole lot simpler then the walk from Point-X-Ray to Point-Zulu had been. An easy left out of POR, an immediate right to merge onto Epcot Center Dr. followed moments later by a gentle exit ramp and Boom!

You’re there…

C03-112_zpsb7ee6d3c.jpg

I’ve been using the busses for years with no real complaint. But that journey was so easy and painless that in one fell swoop I was convinced that given an option… I’d rarely ever be taking a Disney bus again. The rest of my driving experience across the week would only serve to reinforce this conviction.

Transportation discussions aside… the real point of the story was that we’d arrived at the second biggest Disney Park in the land. Really. The list goes like this (for the time being at least)…

Hong Kong Disneyland – only around 60 acres
(even including the newish Toy Story PlayLand)

Walt Disney Studios Paris - 62 acres

Disney’s California Adventure - 67 acres
(moving out of last place with Carsland now compete)

The Original: Disneyland - 85 acres

Tokyo DisneySea - 122 acres

Disneyland Paris - 126 acres

Tokyo Disneyland - 126 acres

The Magic Kingdom - 142 acres

Disney’s Hollywood Studios - 154 acres
(yep… DHS is a smidgen larger than the MK)

Then comes…

Epcot – at a whopping 300 acres
(it really is two separate parks ya’ know)

But of course the lion’s share of relative size (and for good reason) went into…

Disney’s Animal Kingdom - 500 acres
(and still fewer attraction then even Epcot)

OK, semi-interesting-tidbit section of the post concluded.
Be thankful that I didn’t turn it into a full blown Bonus Feature.

Now, having not arrived at Epcot as early as we should’a (we’d missed rope drop by near an hour), we did end up being about eleven rows back in the “Journey” lot. Not really all that much farther to walk then from Epcot’s rather remote bus pavilions (well… had we not by pure chance also been sent nearly to the end of the row that is). But after a little stretch of the legs we were passing right by the ubiquitous long morning line at SSE…

C03-113_zps685b9de2.jpg

We’ll come back to that one. There were bigger fish to fry.
A quick left… a hard right… some brilliant handling maneuvers through the chicane of other guests and we had FPs for…

C03-114_zps992c7419.jpg

The “new and improved” Test Track. Yah!

That returned at 2:45!
Booooo!

Dang, that hour lost was a painful set back to the schedule. I know that is always the case, but harmony in the house is still more important than my immediate desires for expediency (but I’ll be correcting that early start issue soon enough).

The Hot Line (3#24)

We could get more passes in a couple of hours but for now it was stand-by lines or nothing. Being on the east side of the park already (and because, drat the luck, “Universe of Energy” was closed), it made the most sense to tackle Mission Space.

C03-115_zpsf6190cf7.jpg

One of my all-time favorites (Tamara… not so much)

The wait there can vary, but we’ve had good luck in the past. Mostly because we ride the Orange side and that scares a lot of folks… including my wife. Who am I kidding; she hates the thing regardless of color. We talked her into trying it way back when there was no such thing as a “Green – less intense training experience”. She did it, survived it, and ain’t never gonn’a do it again. However, being the sweetest proper South’rn Belle I’ve yet to encounter, she also insists that the boys should go ahead and ride. She honestly doesn’t mind waiting (I married well… very well indeed).

The standby time here was listed at 20 minutes. Not bad (not true… but not bad).

So… it the old “False Standby Queue Wait Time” trick…
and I fell for that one too.

Having bought the deception, we picked up our orange passport cards and hit the queue. No sooner than we do that, the wait time must have been altered upward because the CMs immediately opened up a chunk of serpentine queue that I’d never seen before. And it was all outside… without nary a hint of shade. In addition, it was here that we first notice the fact that nature decided to apologize for yesterday’s dreadful torrents of rain by replacing said precipitation with today’s ridiculously oppressive envelopment of heat. This fact would plague us the rest of the day. I’m from the South… I know heat… I understand humidity and the effects of the heat index, but this stuff was particularly nasty. It made for one very hot line indeed. After 20-min or so of wilting and withering, we finally made it inside the show building…

** S-i-g-h **

Fifteen more and we were loaded into our command module though, so all was right with the world.
Or would that be: all was right with Mars?

After a “graceful” and “flawless” landing on the Martian polar icecap, we met Tamara out in the control and command training center and moved on (after secretly noting the more important technical details and snapping a few covert pictures of the work stations and system schematics for our clandestine handlers of course).

The next thing encountered was these guys…

Epcot’s own: “Jaminators”
Go on, give it a click. They really are pretty good.

As previously noted, it was hotter then blazes out there on the concrete. But then again, we’re all pretty much enthralled most things musical. Especially that which even smacks of the traditions behind marching bands or drum and bugle corps (heck, I officially proposed to my wife just before taking her out to see a drum and bugle corps competition… true story… part of it anyway). So, being odd in that way, how could we resist this creative bit of impromptu entertainment?

Once they were done however, the acquisition of air-conditioning had become a moral imperative. A bee line was made for Inoventions-East (nearest port in the storm so to speak). Both of the Inoventians plazas are really in need of updating. Seriously folks. There’s been no appreciable change on the east side since the last time we were in the park (back in 2010). But the boys did find something to keep their attention for a moment of ten…

C03-117_zps1509360c.jpg

Video games… imagine that.

Ehhh… fine by mom and dad. We found an absolutely lovely bench to sit down on. Moderation and an understanding of one’s physical limits (along with a high tolerance to pain acquired over long years of working and raising kids) are still why I can out endure most young’ens… especially in a Disney park; a fact that will become apparent later on.

Ice Station Siegfried (5#13)

Having a bit of time to kill yet, we figured that a spot of refreshment (and possibly even a challenge) were in order. The obvious destination for that…

C03-118_zps13b0c191.jpg

We’ve been fans of this little diversion sense it was nothing more than a temporary micro-attraction added better than a decade ago as an afterthought to help combat the Central Florida heat…

C03-119_zps32c2d34d.jpg

So starting from the time my adult son was a mere five years-old until now we’ve been quite aware of the excellent entertainment value to be had watching the uninitiated discover the joys of “Beverly”. And from time to time, maybe even indulging in a bit of the rancid dreck ourselves. Why? Because… well because… ummmm… we’re ID-10-Ts? That’d about explain it. Oddly though it would turn out on this particular trip into the “ice station”, there’d be no Beverly challenge…

C03-120_zps65051537.jpg

I was amazed. I’d never seen more then maybe one flavor out of order at any one time and had never known it to be the “Italian Stuff”. The boys were a little disappointed by this (very little to be sure), but so long as unlimited free cups of my favorite African Ginger Ale were ripe for the picking… I was again quite content.

Strike While the Agent is Hot (2#02)

Thrust quenched, and bodies considerably cooled down, it was time to take on the challenge of another stand-by queue. The wait at Soarin’ was about two hours and we still couldn’t get passes yet, so the decision got to be easy… time to experience a Disney (and for that matter… National) Icon…

C03-121_zps59595b3e.jpg

Space Ship Earth

Of course this queue has a major design flaw. There ain’t but six feet of it that’s not out in the heat. By this time of day however, the wait was considerably less than in the early morning. By evening it’s often almost zero, but being as it loads continuously the twelve-ish minutes or so that we weaved back and forth in and out of a little bit of shade wasn’t sooooo bad. In general I’ve always enjoyed Space Ship Earth. It a good long and fairly entertaining attraction and thus affords one’s aching dogs a nice break. But I gott’a say that I’m not really a big fan of the “video game” addition to the end of the ride. Honestly (and with no malice toward Dame Judi Dench), I think it’s a bit silly…

C03-122_zps1a78e60d.jpg

They could have done so much more to add entertainment value to the lengthy descent back down the core of the sphere to the loading station. Say… something like replacing the “infinity mirrors” surrounding that corridor with one continuous LED display. Here, let’s blue-sky this one for a moment. They could build it as though it were a tunnel wrapping 360 degrees around the omni-movers and running the length of the shaft. Something a bit like the “Freemont Street Experience” in Los Vegas…

C03-123_zps7593a1c8.jpg

…but even more “Dis-tacular”. Considering the fabulous imagery offered up by Disney’s Imagineers using nothing more than a sheet of water or even the Castle at MK as a canvas (or the massive geodesic sphere currently protecting us from the oppressive heat for that matter). Given their talents, can you just imagine the wondrous and potentially even hypnotic visuals that several hundred feet of continuous unending hi-def LED screen could offer up during that gentle inclined backward decent down to terra firma?

Boggles the mind.

Oh well back to Earth…
and the heat…

There is good news though. According to our clocks (the ones in our pockets pretending to be reliable telephones), we were finally allowed to grab up a few more Fast Passes. Time to make a move and attack quickly. But where?

Such a question… obviously that would be here…

C03-124_zps0996cb78.jpg

Who could resist Fast Passes for “Living with the…”
No, no, no, no… right building, wrong ride.
I mean Soarin’ of course (and some more air-condition in the Land Pavilion to boot).

So that’s where we headed and that’s what we got. Needless to say, the return time on the passes was well into the evening. And I do mean: “well into it”, but we did now have two complete sets of Fast Passes tucked away in our wallets.

Then an interesting thing then occurred right about here on the time line. One of the escalators that hauls everybody back up out of the Land Pavilion’s basement was under repair. To compensate, the CMs were directing folks to exit by the emergency doors just beside the Soarin’ queue entrance. A chance to see behind the scenes and maybe learn more secrets that I can turn over to our superiors. It was here that we realized something that normally one doesn’t think about. We weren’t in the basement. The main entrance to this pavilion is on the second floor. No wonder you’re always huffing and puffing once you get up that “ramp” leading up to the pavilion’s doors.

It’s the old fake basement in the basement trick…

Just one of those little details that you don’t normally think about as you traverse Future World. I wish they’d allow folks too use this lower exit all the time. It was a much easier walk to be sure and it sped up the traffic flow exponentially. As of right now, there ain’t a lot to be seen along this path way. At least not until you get back around to the front, but it was considerable better on the leg bones.

That pleasant detour led us directly into the area of the Imagination Pavilion.
And more to the point…
directly to that pavilion’s single best feature…

C03-125_zps4f15a1cd.jpg

…it’s exterior.

That’s pretty much all I intended to partake of this day so far as this location goes. We’ll see if I change my minds latter on. As for the current master plan, well, lunch seemed to be looming high on the agenda. And we even had plans to ease our hunger pangs in a spot that was going to be an entirely new experience.

For us anyway.

Next up: Ship of Spies (1#27-28)

Dissolve into the crowd… follow the expected routine of a run of the mill guest. That being: act clueless and be sure to completely and blatantly screw-up several times along the way…

Do you need any tips? You can learn from a master.

Perfect cover… We’ll show up and appear to be just another group of underwhelmed tourists scratching their heads and attempting to discern just how it is that things like “Leaving a Legacy” or a quick tour of the “Stave Church” could possibly be listed as “attractions” on the park map.

What's more enjoyable: the Stave Church or Journey Into Imagination?

I know… I’ll walk a long roundabout path just to get a cup of bad coffee.

There's killing time, and then there's really killing time.

OK, so now why would I be making that hike just to retrieve coffee that I know ain’t all that good? Because my wife needs to be spoiled and soiled often… and by somebody that knows how. I’m not a big drinker of the bitter brew, but she is. And… even though Nesca-crap, ain’t particularly good (by any stretch of the imagination) a fair amount of proper half-n-half (which is available) does make it palatable. Having a mug of the stuff waiting on her once she got out of the shower was exactly what she needed so at the time it constituted a perfectly valid objective for me.

Yeah, you know what side your bread's buttered on. Unless it's really just your desire to see what happens when she tastes that crap.

Couldn't figure out what was being depicted in that drawing.:confused3

I’ve been using the busses for years with no real complaint. But that journey was so easy and painless that in one fell swoop I was convinced that given an option… I’d rarely ever be taking a Disney bus again. The rest of my driving experience across the week would only serve to reinforce this conviction.

Agreed. Once you drive yourself, you really get spoiled.

Unless you're a dope who thinks Epcot is bigger because he doesn't count the size of the Safari attraction...:rolleyes1

Being on the east side of the park already (and because, drat the luck, “Universe of Energy” was closed),

Curse you, Ellen and the Science Guy!!

I’m from the South… I know heat… I understand humidity and the effects of the heat index, but this stuff was particularly nasty. It made for one very hot line indeed.

:faint:

Both of the Inoventians plazas are really in need of updating. Seriously folks. There’s been no appreciable change on the east side since the last time we were in the park (back in 2010).

We want some rides!

But the boys did find something to keep their attention for a moment of ten…

Ice Station Siegfried (5#13)

Not Zebra? :confused3
Oddly though it would turn out on this particular trip into the “ice station”, there’d be no Beverly challenge…

NOOOO!!! How could this happen??

But I gott’a say that I’m not really a big fan of the “video game” addition to the end of the ride. Honestly (and with no malice toward Dame Judi Dench), I think it’s a bit silly…

Of course it's silly. What's wrong with silly? I'm a big fan of silly. Especially when you can make silly faces.:rolleyes1

Given their talents, can you just imagine the wondrous and potentially even hypnotic visuals that several hundred feet of continuous unending hi-def LED screen could offer up during that gentle inclined backward decent down to terra firma?

But how are you supposed to make silly faces in that?

:rotfl:

It’s the old fake basement in the basement trick…

Standard smuggling tactic. I just never thought I'd be smuggling myself in them...

That pleasant detour led us directly into the area of the Imagination Pavilion.
And more to the point…
directly to that pavilion’s single best feature…

…it’s exterior.

::yes:: Don't let Kathy read this chapter. But the jumping fountains are the best part.

Wonderful pics! :)

Thanks!

What's more enjoyable: the Stave Church or Journey Into Imagination?

Silly question… The church of course
Hands down.

Yeah, you know what side your bread's buttered on. Unless it's really just your desire to see what happens when she tastes that crap.

Just out right spoiling.
She’s a Dis-Veteran and knows exactly how bad the stuff is

Couldn't figure out what was being depicted in that drawing.:confused3

Ahhh… you found one of the things that was purposely buried in this chapter to throw off those that might be trying to thwart our mission (folks like… myself, for instance)

That section was subtitled “The Impossible Mission (4#01)”
So what could be more impossible then attempting to ride “Horizons”?
Ain’t happening, but… you can scan the blue prints for it now.

Curse you, Ellen and the Science Guy!!

:lmao:

Not Zebra? :confused3

Nope… its “Ice Station Siegfried (5#13)”

Any idea why I might have done that?
There’s worthless points being offered to the one that figures it out…

Dang… I should’a offered up worthless points for figuring out the “Horizons” blue print as well

NOOOO!!! How could this happen??

We were surprised to be sure.
But we’ll be back here several times this tip so just maybe they’ll straighten that out later on.

But how are you supposed to make silly faces in that?

I don’t know…
A look of slack-jawed, bug-eyed astonishment might just constitute a very silly face.

Standard smuggling tactic. I just never thought I'd be smuggling myself in them...

Don't everyone thank me at once.

::yes:: Don't let Kathy read this chapter. But the jumping fountains are the best part.

Certainly the most fun to be had at that pavilian.

Ahhh… you found one of the things that was purposely buried in this chapter to throw off those that might be trying to thwart our mission (folks like… myself, for instance)

That section was subtitled “The Impossible Mission (4#01)”
So what could be more impossible then attempting to ride “Horizons”?
Ain’t happening, but… you can scan the blue prints for it now.

I loved Horizons way back when. I remember riding it multiple times so I could see all of the future scenario possibilities.

Where did you find all of these blueprints, anyway? They're really cool.

Nope… its “Ice Station Siegfried (5#13)”

Any idea why I might have done that?
There’s worthless points being offered to the one that figures it out…

Dang… I should’a offered up worthless points for figuring out the “Horizons” blue print as well

I assume it's fitting in with the Get Smart theme...Siegfried being the bad guy, and probably the source of Beverly.:thumbsup2

Don't everyone thank me at once.

+1:thumbsup2

very true they often lie even when force feed truth serum.

A handy skill for a double agent to be sure.

I loved Horizons way back when. I remember riding it multiple times so I could see all of the future scenario possibilities.

Yep… liked that one a lot too.
The one problem with predicting the future is what to do you once that future has already come and gone and didn’t “quite” match up to the prediction.

I’m still waitin’ on my flying car (and those underwater cities)

Where did you find all of these blueprints, anyway? They're really cool.

Basically by just scouring the “inter-webs”.
I love things like that so you’ll be seeing more of them along the way (one for each major attraction if I can manage it). Ya’ know I tend to over research things before I write about them.

Case in point…

I assume it's fitting in with the Get Smart theme...Siegfried being the bad guy, and probably the source of Beverly.:thumbsup2

Close enough… +1:thumbsup2

Agent 86 will continue to shepherd us throughout our first day at Epcot (and possibly one or both of the returns). So far, the various section headings have all been titles from specific episode of the series with the numbers behind then signifying their spot in the catalog. Thus:
“Ice Station Siegfried” – Season: 5 – Episode 13

You’re also right about Siegfried’s significance. He was the most famous recurring villain and very well played for many years by Bernie Kopell. More proof that I over research stuff: Kopell (as you may or may not know) played the Doc on “The Love Boat” (a show I tried hard to avoid in my youth). Don Adams guest stared several times on the show during its run. Whenever that occurred they would always write into his character’s story that after seeing or briefly meeting the doctor, he would then purposely and overtly avoid him the rest of that cruise while always claiming that he just didn’t trust the guy. Nice continuity.

That being: act clueless and be sure to completely and blatantly screw-up several times along the way…
Act clueless????

As for getting down to the dining hall from our spot out in the bayou so as to retrieving a bit of bad coffee… well… there is no “direct” route from Point-X-Ray to Point-Zed, so I just followed the closest one available.
Which can best be described as: meandering.
Wouldn't be a moderate resort if there was an easy way to get there.

Once everyone was up and ready, did we jump on the bus and race to make it to a rope drop? Nope… we did the very un-touristy thing of hopping into the car and driving back up to the main entrance to get some breakfast…
Cover blown. :sad2:

I’ve been using the busses for years with no real complaint. But that journey was so easy and painless that in one fell swoop I was convinced that given an option… I’d rarely ever be taking a Disney bus again.
::yes:: Freedom!!!

I'm kind of shocked that you didn't.

Now, having not arrived at Epcot as early as we should’a (we’d missed rope drop by near an hour)
:faint: :sad2:

(but I’ll be correcting that early start issue soon enough).
Well if the posted waits you're dealing with after an hour delay aren't enough to get some people up and moving, I don't know what is.

Being on the east side of the park already (and because, drat the luck, “Universe of Energy” was closed), it made the most sense to tackle Mission Space.
Universe of Energy was closed??? Too bad. :rolleyes1

No sooner than we do that, the wait time must have been altered upward because the CMs immediately opened up a chunk of serpentine queue that I’d never seen before. And it was all outside… without nary a hint of shade.
Wow. I've never seen any kind of a line outside at that attraction, nor have I ever waited more than about 5 minutes before being in the pre show.

Epcot’s own: “Jaminators”
Go on, give it a click. They really are pretty good.
One of the best sidewalk shows to see in the parks. I love those guys.

Oddly though it would turn out on this particular trip into the “ice station”, there’d be no Beverly challenge…
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :sad:

No Beverly or Mezzo Mix??? Talk about a huge let down. :sad2:

But I gott’a say that I’m not really a big fan of the “video game” addition to the end of the ride. Honestly (and with no malice toward Dame Judi Dench), I think it’s a bit silly…
I think you're being kind calling it a video game. They tend to at least have some entertainment value and some sort of a challenge aspect to them.

I mean Soarin’ of course (and some more air-condition in the Land Pavilion to boot).
SO did you ride Living with the land while you were there or is that just another one of your recycled pictures from a past trip? :rolleyes1

I am proud to say I am caught up. Thank you for only doing one update during my absence. :)

Please let me know what "spoiled and soiled" means? I get the "spoiled", but what is the "soiled".

And I'm with your wife...get me my coffee in the morning and YOUR life will be much easier.

Love the info with the different sizes of the various parks...very interesting.

Tamara and I would get on well...no way in heck will you EVER get me near Mission again. Nope, just not happening.

I love the Jaminators; we somehow missed them this trip. :(

Glad you got your Soarin' fastpasses.

Can't wait to hear where lunch is...I'm starving.

If you must… :sad2:

This is the first time in better than two weeks I’ve even been able to even sign on.
Life really got in the way recently and finding time to do anything extra got rather difficult.
Needless to say, I don’t have an update written and I haven’t even been able to catch up on everyone else’s TRs
(which has me very unhappy indeed.
:sad1:

Today and tomorrow I may just be able to do a little reading though so I’ll try to catch up.
As for updates… It might be another week… depending…
Wish us luck, we’re trying to make some major changes down here.

This is the first time in better than two weeks I’ve even been able to even sign on.
Life really got in the way recently and finding time to do anything extra got rather difficult.
Needless to say, I don’t have an update written and I haven’t even been able to catch up on everyone else’s TRs

Today and tomorrow I may just be able to do a little reading though so I’ll try to catch up.

Wishing you luck, Rob. I hope all is okay. And do not worry about TR's until you have the time. I just started mine and I'm not far along.

Long time no see. It looks like I got you stirred up quicker than I expected.

Sometimes life just gets in the way of all that other stuff. Good luck with whatever it is you're dealing with. :thumbsup2

Love your TR! So fun to hear about a family just having a good time and enjoying their trip, not letting silly little details get in the way. (Love the Monty Python reference as well!)

Subscribing :)

Wishing you luck, Rob. I hope all is okay. And do not worry about TR's until you have the time. I just started mine and I'm not far along.

Thanks…
Things aren’t “bad” per say… just very hectic all of a sudden.
I’ll go join your new TR in a bit so I can at least follow along.

Long time no see. It looks like I got you stirred up quicker than I expected.

Sometimes life just gets in the way of all that other stuff. Good luck with whatever it is you're dealing with. :thumbsup2

Actually it was just amazingly good timing.
I quite literally just signed on for the first time in a while right after you posted the fair warning.
(Good thing it wasn’t the “Black Spot” - apparently we’re rather good at being each other nemesis)

Like I said a moment ago, it’s not all bad (well except for the employer part of it… that “$^@&$”). We in the middle of trying to “down-size” so as to free up the capitol needed to finance my young’ens continued “Ed-u-ma-cation” (‘cause that’s what you do) without also completely depriving us of any and all future discretionary opportunities. A lot has to get done and large amounts of it are beyond my control (which makes me even more nutty the usual).

Time to catch up on a few replies
(especially since I don’t really have an update ready yet :sad2: ).

Act clueless????

Of course it’s an act.
It’s not possible for any human to “actually” be as clueless as I “pretend” to be.

Wouldn't be a moderate resort if there was an easy way to get there.

True… except for POFQ that is.
It’s too small to be hard to navigate
(which is a point in its favor actually).

Cover blown. :sad2:

No one noticed…
They were all waiting on the busses.

::yes:: Freedom!!!

Amen to that one.

I'm kind of shocked that you didn't.

Been having trouble finding the time to build one of those “Goldberg” type contraptions recently.
Maybe I’ll run across a subject that just begs for the effort fairly soon.

Well if the posted waits you're dealing with after an hour delay aren't enough to get some people up and moving, I don't know what is.

“some folks you just can't reach …”

But…

“After all... tomorrow is another day”

Universe of Energy was closed??? Too bad. :rolleyes1

Yah… we were broken hearted about that one…

Wow. I've never seen any kind of a line outside at that attraction, nor have I ever waited more than about 5 minutes before being in the pre show.

I was a might… ummmm… perplexed myself.
Had no idea there was an auxiliary queue area that went beside and behind the show building.

One of the best sidewalk shows to see in the parks. I love those guys.

Again… Amen Brother!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :sad:

No Beverly or Mezzo Mix??? Talk about a huge let down. :sad2:

The lack of a challenge was disappointing, but so long as they had “Krest“
I was content.

I think you're being kind calling it a video game. They tend to at least have some entertainment value and some sort of a challenge aspect to them.

You may be right.
But “kind’ and “understated” are among the traits South’ner share with the “Brits”.
(That and the ability to be particularly snide when the situation calls for it.)

SO did you ride Living with the land while you were there or is that just another one of your recycled pictures from a past trip? :rolleyes1

No… we road through the Greenhouse.
It just wasn’t on this specific day (we’ll come back to that one)

But I do have plenty of pictures that can be recycled so it’s a valid question
:rolleyes:

Very true.

Dywedodd yr ystlum i'r bochdew fod yn ofalus wrth gymryd cyngor gan gwningod Rwsia a gwladgarwyr yr Iseldiroedd. Hefyd yr hwyaden dall yn hedfan am hanner nos.

Agreed.

Just be sure to use a turkey call while waiting in that duck blind.
Our agents will be waiting for that signal.

Oh, and if anyone comes around with a tray of drinks and offers you one, just remember…
Don’t grab the flagon with the dragon. It’s the vessel with the pestle which has the brew that is true.

I am proud to say I am caught up. Thank you for only doing one update during my absence. :)

Yah… about that… I got a might busy (as we’ve already discussed)
We’ll see if I can correct that in the near.

Please let me know what "spoiled and soiled" means? I get the "spoiled", but what is the "soiled".

Yikes!
Fixed that one.

(Spell-checkers are useless when the slip of a finger on the keyboard inadvertently creates a valid alternative word).

And I'm with your wife...get me my coffee in the morning and YOUR life will be much easier.

::yes::

Love the info with the different sizes of the various parks...very interesting.

Pointless additional information…
Just another service I provide (and free of charge might I add).

Tamara and I would get on well...no way in heck will you EVER get me near Mission again. Nope, just not happening.

I suspect y’all would cotton to one and other.

She doesn’t do any motion-simulator experience very well
(actually… that’s only true of the “enclosed” ones… more on that later on)

I love the Jaminators; we somehow missed them this trip. :(

You must need to go back then.
Oh, wait…
You already did…
Well, did you correct that error?

Glad you got your Soarin' fastpasses.

Yah… about that…
Eh… why spoil it, I’ll get to it soon enough.

Can't wait to hear where lunch is...I'm starving.

Me too…
Wish I could go back
(sooner than anticipated that is)

Love your TR! So fun to hear about a family just having a good time and enjoying their trip, not letting silly little details get in the way. (Love the Monty Python reference as well!)

Subscribing :)
Thanks! And…

:welcome:

Glad to have you along for the ride.
Again, thanks for the kind words and I hope (and I really mean “hope”) that I can get a few updates posted here fairly soon.
We’ll see.

found out the number 8 was successful Agent K has kidnaped his secretary and is holding her in the secret bunker with a dutch parrot.

The rabit hefur flogið coup með kylfu sem flyies á miðnætti. The seagul hefur verið sjálfstjórn með víni. Ekki drekka vínið.

found out the number 8 was successful Agent K has kidnaped his secretary and is holding her in the secret bunker with a dutch parrot.

The rabit hefur flogið coup með kylfu sem flyies á miðnætti. The seagul hefur verið sjálfstjórn með víni. Ekki drekka vínið.

That’s the last mistake he’ll be making.
I believe it is time to order up a batch of hasenpfeffer… braised in beer.

Put plan Y-14 into effect, but leave the gull to me.
I’ll deal with him in good time …

Bwahahaha !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter