The Gateway shops outlet mall in San Diego???

Mom 2 Two

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I am hoping to get some outlet shopping done while we are on vacation in San Diego. I googled Gymboree outlets :-)sick: yes, it is a sickness I have, my children's clothing) and found one in San Diego at The Gateway-Shops at Las Americas. This mall does not have a website, so I can't check it out. From what I can gather from mapquest, it is on the Mexico border. Is this a nice mall? What other stores does it have? I figure if it has Gymboree then it must have some other pretty nice stores. The next closest outlet mall with a gymbo outlet is in Ontario which is, I think, 1.5 hours away. Everything else we are wanting to do is in the north portion of the city (zoo, seaworld, La Jolla, etc) so is there anything else we should see if we do decide to go south to this mall? Thanks so much for all of your help, you guys have been great about giving advice and I really appreciate it!!:cool1:

We're headed to San Diego also and I was hoping to check out some shopping. DH is going for work so we will have some down time...
Looks like there is also a Children's Place Outlet and a host of other "nice" stores - i.e. Ann Taylor, etc. etc.

http://www.lasamericas.com/

Hi!

I live in SD and yes, it is a nice mall. Outside and lots of outlets including Sax 5th Avenue. Yes, you are at the boarder. Not much to do in the out laying areas of the outlets and they are 20 minutes south from downtown.

Thanks so much!! MTW, thanks for the website. That is exactlly what I wanted to know. Looks like some great shopping is in my future:cool1:

Las Americas is a great mall. I like to visit the Coach Factory outlet and the J. Crew outlet. You take the very last freeway exit before you hit Mexico. Turn right as you get off the freeway and Las Americas will be on your left 1/4 mile. There are other outlet stores on the right, too, but the premium stores are on the left. Have fun!

:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter