The FrenchFry takes on the Caesar Salad - DREAM COME TRUE GOT TO MEET PODCAST TEAM!

Hollywood Studios: Part 3

We'd had a pretty busy day so far! and after our lovely meal at Sci Fi we were ready for more! We went straight to Star Tours, I think we had a fastpass as did our friends, and on the way over we saw a lady with a red t shirt and on the back it said 'Chase's grandmother', beside a guy who's t shirt said 'chase's uncle' there was a big group of them all with the description 'Chase's...' we ended up being on the same vehicle as them and my friend shouted
'Who's Chase' the whole vehicle laughed, I think everyone had benn thinking the same Q and Chase put up his hand, they were all there celebrating his graduation, I though that was pretty cool!!! :cool1:

After Start Tours me and DBF toured the Walt Disney memorial/appreciation/history area (I've forgot the name, Walt's dream maybe?) and this area really fascinated DBF, and I was so happy to see him really getting into the details!

cathy-florida117.jpg

We then caught a show of Beauty and the Beast, amazing! and then went straight over to Indiana Jones...the trick comedy actor masquerading as one of the volunteers really made the show extra enjoyable for us...

cathy-florida118.jpg

cathy-florida119.jpg

We then used our last fastpass of the day for Rock n rollercoaster, love this ride so much! DBF had a bit of a love-fear relationship but enjoyed it much more the second time since he knew to expect the blast off feeling, he hadn't even realised there was a loop on the first ride he'd been so scared!

cathy-florida120.jpg

After this we met up with our friends and headed to the Fantismic arena, roughly one and a half hours beofre the show it was standing room only! :scared1: After a long day, the wait and the crowds just didn't seem that appealing and although disappointed we couldn't take in the show I realised was no point pushing beyond everybody's endurance and enjoyment. So we headed back to International Drive to a TGI Fridays and enjoyed a lovely

cathy-florida121-1.jpg

cathy-florida122-1.jpg

It was actually a lovely evening to finish a long brilliant disney day, talking with friends and relaxing!

Up next: More disruption to my well laid plans!:rotfl:

Have you been to Sharm Stefy or know anyone thats been, I'm pretty nervous about the heat!:scared1:

Sci Fi was one of my favourite meals of the entire holidays...feel like its a time warp to the 'Grease' and 'Footloose' days. And the burger was so nice, I'd read a few reeviews that hadn't been too kind about sci fi so was pleasantly surprised!

I have never been myself but have had friends that went and loved it. She went in September last year for her birthday and it was quite hot in the high 30's. Are you not a big fan of the heat?

We went to Sci Fi on our first ever trip and had alot of fun. The food is pretty standard, but really its all about sitting in that car like you are at a drive in :teeth: Its different :)

Lol to your friend yelling "Who's Chase", great that they were good sports about it too.

Its a shame you missed Fantasmic, but I am with you on not wanting to wait for standing room. We just say, next time :) But other than that looks like it was a perfect end to the evening and you achieved quite a bit at DHS :)

Looking forward to more popcorn:

I have never been myself but have had friends that went and loved it. She went in September last year for her birthday and it was quite hot in the high 30's. Are you not a big fan of the heat?

We went to Sci Fi on our first ever trip and had alot of fun. The food is pretty standard, but really its all about sitting in that car like you are at a drive in :teeth: Its different :)

Lol to your friend yelling "Who's Chase", great that they were good sports about it too.

Its a shame you missed Fantasmic, but I am with you on not wanting to wait for standing room. We just say, next time :) But other than that looks like it was a perfect end to the evening and you achieved quite a bit at DHS :)

Looking forward to more popcorn:

I came back from Florida in July with just the hint of a tan...me and DBF didn't lie out in the sun and took advantage of air con areas when we could! I'm not great with the heat but hopefully will be ok by spending time in the shade and hopping in and out of the pool...

I had stayed for Fantasmic standing room on our last trip and it was pretty miserable, CM's were trying to hustle the crowds probably for health and safety reasons but weren't having much effect, although the show was fantastic getting bumped and your view blocked intermitted-ly the whole way through wasn't!:eek:

We did get a lot done at DHS, but would have liked another go on ToT, and would like to try the animation class next time! :yay:

I will be honest and I had to google Sharm el Sheik, it looks really pretty and I am sure it will be lots of fun, what an adventure!
All inclusive is a great way to visit places, I am not a "traveler" I am a "tourist", I appreciate people who can back pack and do the off the beaten path thing, but I just can't!

Funny discovery your DBF likes to eat half way healthy, you made me laugh with that. It is vacation, be half way healthy at home;)

Luvin your report and I am just going to call you Nicole, each picture you post that is the first thing I think, Nicole Kidman.

Glad your DBF enjoys RnR now! I was so scared my first time anticpating the launch, but now I know what to expect I love it!

Wow, can't believe DHS was so crowded that an hour and a half before there was only standing room left for Fantasmic. The first two attempts we made to see Fantasmic we didn't have the best of luck, either, as it was raining. We did get to see it eventually, even though it took a couple of years! ;)

I love your trip title. Looks like you & you BF are getting to do all kinds of fun stuff besides just WDW.
I'm enjoying reading your TR!

I will be honest and I had to google Sharm el Sheik, it looks really pretty and I am sure it will be lots of fun, what an adventure!
All inclusive is a great way to visit places, I am not a "traveler" I am a "tourist", I appreciate people who can back pack and do the off the beaten path thing, but I just can't!

Funny discovery your DBF likes to eat half way healthy, you made me laugh with that. It is vacation, be half way healthy at home;)

Luvin your report and I am just going to call you Nicole, each picture you post that is the first thing I think, Nicole Kidman.

I am looking forward to Sharm el Sheikh, it will be good to see the Pyramids and all the cool historical stuff and there's a hard rock cafe and tgi fridays in Sharm so I'll be getting a little sneaky american fix kind of!:rotfl:

Although a pretty big tragedy has just happened in Northern Ireland, a girl from close to where we live was strangled on her honeymoon, she had just went back to her room for something, they think she disturbed burglars and was strangled...that was in Mauritius, she's a well known figure in our community and everyone is so shocked. And DBF says at no point does he want us separating on our holiday even for a moment! to us Egypt is so foreign but maybe we're just panic-ing a little, but America feels like such a safe holiday destination...

wow that was a long explanation! but we are definitely tourists too I think!

Thank you for the Nicole Kidman comparison, my Granda always said that when I was little and it used to make me so happy because Far and Away was my favourite film and I just thought Tom Cruise was amazing!:cloud9:

Glad your DBF enjoys RnR now! I was so scared my first time anticpating the launch, but now I know what to expect I love it!

Wow, can't believe DHS was so crowded that an hour and a half before there was only standing room left for Fantasmic. The first two attempts we made to see Fantasmic we didn't have the best of luck, either, as it was raining. We did get to see it eventually, even though it took a couple of years! ;)

Fantasmic seems to be a tricky show to catch! but an excellent excuse for a repeat trip! I think next time if I was intending on staying right to fireworks I would maybe come a bit later to the parks and have more energy for that sort of wait, I think by that point we were pretty exhausted! :upsidedow

I love your trip title. Looks like you & you BF are getting to do all kinds of fun stuff besides just WDW.
I'm enjoying reading your TR!

:flower3: Hi, glad your enjoying reading! We had a very packed 2 weeks! the only part I wasn't looking forward to was Kennedy Space Centre which was actually very enjoyable, and I had been worried I'd have to drag DBF round the shops and he turned out to love shopping in the US, and loved the bargains we could pick up compared to prices in Northern Ireland!

After Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios back to back the next day's plans started with us being at Sea World for opening...hmmm DBF was not loving all the super early starts and so the itinerary had to be adjusted! Shock horror! :laughing:

So on Wednesday 7th July we had a lie in, enjoyed breakfast in the hotel and headed to Prime Outlets for some retail therapy...Aeropostale was our definite favourite store and we were able to get a lot of cool clothes for DBF and some for me too for excellent prices. After a few hours shopping we went to TGI Fridays and shared Potato Skins and watched a World Cup Match (DBF plays and is a big fan of soccer!)...

And eventually at around 3pm we arrived at Sea World...see ya schedule!

In front of Manta, new since my last visit, I was excited, BDF was terrified as we watched the rollercoaster 'rays' swoop by us!

cathy-florida123.jpg

cathy-florida124.jpg

cathy-florida125.jpg

After checking the schedule I was dsimayed to see that our late arrival had basically reduced our possible viewing schedule to one daytime show: I chose Shamu: Believe as I felt this would be the most impressive for DBF's visit to the park and vowed to return for the other shows...

cathy-florida126.jpg

cathy-florida127.jpg

Although we enjoyed the show the whole time DBF was waiting for a trainer to jump in the water :eek:, the most spectacular part of the show in my opinion (and due to understandable reasons), is now missing :sad2: and so although we enjoyed it we were marginally undewhelmed! although I got a warm fuzzy feeling at the start when they ask any military men/women to stand up and get a round of applause

We then went on Kraken which was super thrilling! :yay: the line for the ride was also quite exciting as a row broke out between two guests re a kid cutting in on his return from the toilet and an angry dad was manhandled out by security, made the line up much more interesting!

We queued for a loooong time for Journey to Atlantis but thoroughly enjoyed it!

cathy-florida130.jpg

Next up was Terrors of the Deep, DBF loved the glass tunnel...:banana:

cathy-florida128.jpg

cathy-florida129.jpg

We headed over to Manta and got an ice lolly each, which occupied us for a while but the queue was probably an hour and a half...:headache:...the express line just seemed to be an andless stream of people...and by the time we reached the loading station it was more or less totally dark! Our first ride on Manta and it was in the dark! Super scary!:rotfl: The ride tips you into a forward/half lying position which makes you feel very vulnerable or exposed maybe? anyway it was very good and I'm looking forward to riding it again in the light! DBF got talking to the guy beside us and they were screaming and yelling the whole ride and DBF said he was getting to like rollercoasters!

We watched the fireworks as we exited the park, they were very good :cheer2: and we managed to beat the crowds by watching the finish from the car park and made a speedy exit to our hotel where we enjoyed a Domino's pepperoni pizza before bed! A lovely day although totally different from what I'd planned...:hug:

Nice update! I've not been to Sea World since 1993 (!) so I can hardly remember it... scary to go off 'the plan' hehe .. but is sounded like it worked out great for you guys, and included shopping time, yay! :goodvibes

That's such sad news about the lady on her honeymoon in Mauritius, I read about it on the news today :sad2:

Emma princess: x

u have the best updates.. i am still enjoying reading everything... Your trip sounds so exciting.. I know what you mean about being disappointed with no trip to Disney.. But, once you find a vacation spot that you love its hard to differ from it especially when you only get maybe 1 or vacations a year..
My husband wanted us to make a plan to take a short 3 night vacation just to 2 of us, without our 5 year old.. HA.. I upgraded our trip to Disney to the Poly instead.. HAHA

You didn't get there until 3?! Were you nervous about it the whole day? I would have been but that's because I'm a control freak!! I honestly didn't know that SeaWorld had rides! I went once or twice as a kid and I'm pretty sure there were no rides then! Funny! Glad to see DBF was starting to get into the roller coaster thing!

I came back from Florida in July with just the hint of a tan...me and DBF didn't lie out in the sun and took advantage of air con areas when we could! I'm not great with the heat but hopefully will be ok by spending time in the shade and hopping in and out of the pool...

I had stayed for Fantasmic standing room on our last trip and it was pretty miserable, CM's were trying to hustle the crowds probably for health and safety reasons but weren't having much effect, although the show was fantastic getting bumped and your view blocked intermitted-ly the whole way through wasn't!:eek:

We did get a lot done at DHS, but would have liked another go on ToT, and would like to try the animation class next time! :yay:

Hopping in and out of the pool is good, keep hydrated and spend some time in the shade too and you will be fine :) Oh and plenty of sunscreen :teeth:

Gosh you were brave watching Fantasmic standing only. I would be hopping all over the place :laughing:

Great update, can't believe you got to SeaWorld at 3pm, but it looks like you got a good few things done. Manta sounds like a cool ride, have you been to Alton Towers? They have a ride called Air and basically you are strapped in and flying like superman is a really cool ride, esp when it turns you round in a corkscrew type turn :teeth:

Great update! I've never been to Sea World, but I know there is absolutely NO WAY I would ever ride on Manta, light or dark!!! You two are very brave! :thumbsup2

What is a ice lolly?

Nice update! I've not been to Sea World since 1993 (!) so I can hardly remember it... scary to go off 'the plan' hehe .. but is sounded like it worked out great for you guys, and included shopping time, yay! :goodvibes

That's such sad news about the lady on her honeymoon in Mauritius, I read about it on the news today :sad2:

Emma princess: x

Everyone's in total shock about it, just tragic in so many ways...young, beautiful, on honeymoon, in her own hotel room...just tragic! :confused3

Would you ever fancy giving Sea World another try Emma? It's actually one of my favourite parks, especially as we got to back and had an equally great day later in the holiday!:cool1:

u have the best updates.. i am still enjoying reading everything... Your trip sounds so exciting.. I know what you mean about being disappointed with no trip to Disney.. But, once you find a vacation spot that you love its hard to differ from it especially when you only get maybe 1 or vacations a year..
My husband wanted us to make a plan to take a short 3 night vacation just to 2 of us, without our 5 year old.. HA.. I upgraded our trip to Disney to the Poly instead.. HAHA

Thanks, it was a very exciting trip but sometimes a bit too eventful and I think I'd try and make our next trip maybe solely to Disney with more relaxing time in between the theme parks!:goodvibes

Upgrading a little 3 night vacation to the Poly...;) thats the kind of sneaks that are more than acceptable!

You didn't get there until 3?! Were you nervous about it the whole day? I would have been but that's because I'm a control freak!! I honestly didn't know that SeaWorld had rides! I went once or twice as a kid and I'm pretty sure there were no rides then! Funny! Glad to see DBF was starting to get into the roller coaster thing!

I was so tired in the morning that it was nice to chill and relax with the shopping, at a totally different pace from taking part in the opening rush at Sea World would have been. But I'm a bit like you Nikki find it hard to relax when know the plan is not being strictly adhered to! and when we got there and we'd sort of missed most of the shows I was getting ready to feed DBF and his soccer match to the alligators, but I resisted! :laughing: but we had another day later in the holiday also at Sea World that more than made up for it!

Sea World has got 3 main rides: Kraken, a floorless very smooth coaster with a crazy first drop, Journey to Atlantis, starts like a log flume and changes to a water coaster pretty cool, and then Manta, the one that you swoop around kind of lying forward instead of sitting up! all are brilliant in my opinion, would you and Tom fancy a trip to Seaworld at some point? the dolphin show Believe that we saw on our second day at Sea World was one of the highlights of our trip, absolutley amazing!

Hopping in and out of the pool is good, keep hydrated and spend some time in the shade too and you will be fine :) Oh and plenty of sunscreen :teeth:

Gosh you were brave watching Fantasmic standing only. I would be hopping all over the place :laughing:

Great update, can't believe you got to SeaWorld at 3pm, but it looks like you got a good few things done. Manta sounds like a cool ride, have you been to Alton Towers? They have a ride called Air and basically you are strapped in and flying like superman is a really cool ride, esp when it turns you round in a corkscrew type turn :teeth:

Alwaya wear sunscreen, do you remember that weird song from a couple of years ago? I know this is so immature but I hate putting on sunscreen... it just seems like such a boring 5 mins when I'm ready to get out in the morning on holidays but DBF keeps me on the straight and narrow and reminds me to top up all the time! and I'm so pale I need loads...

Fantasmic standing ain't pretty! :confused3

Yep, we were lucky enough to get the three main rides done, I've heard about Air at Alton Towers and desperately want to go, but me and DBF are planning a house at the moment and the architect is draining our bank balances so badly!:eek: Would you say Alton Towers is really worth a trip? I could maybe try and swing a day trip towards the end of this summer...

Great update! I've never been to Sea World, but I know there is absolutely NO WAY I would ever ride on Manta, light or dark!!! You two are very brave! :thumbsup2

What is a ice lolly?

Do you think Levi and Lexi will want to try crazy coasters like that and pull you and your DH along?! me and my sisters made my nana go on Rock n rollercoaster and when we got home from the holiday she was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy (sp) a quite serious heart condition and was advised to not even lift heavy objects never mind 0-40mph in about 2 seconds!:rotfl: oh dear!

Ice lolly=popsicle

here's another few irish to usa conversions in case you think they're funny, i'll keep our version on the left

chips = french fries
crisps = chips
good craic = good fun
eejit = silly person
holy ghost malachy = omg

Alwaya wear sunscreen, do you remember that weird song from a couple of years ago? I know this is so immature but I hate putting on sunscreen... it just seems like such a boring 5 mins when I'm ready to get out in the morning on holidays but DBF keeps me on the straight and narrow and reminds me to top up all the time! and I'm so pale I need loads...

Fantasmic standing ain't pretty! :confused3

Yep, we were lucky enough to get the three main rides done, I've heard about Air at Alton Towers and desperately want to go, but me and DBF are planning a house at the moment and the architect is draining our bank balances so badly!:eek: Would you say Alton Towers is really worth a trip? I could maybe try and swing a day trip towards the end of this summer...

I am the same, esp when I have to put it on first before my moisturiser. But its a quick easy job and will protect you not just on holiday but in the long term too :)

I would recommend Alton Towers, its so much fun and if you can swing it stay a night at the hotel there (not the water park one). You get early entry to the park as a hotel guest and you get your own (long) walkway entrance to the park too. Or you can take the train/monorail as well.

I would look out for the two for one offers for Chessington, Alton etc but also look out for offers for the hotel too on their website. If you can swing then defo go :thumbsup2

I remember that song!!! It was from way more than a few years ago! I remember because it was popular when I graduated college...in 1999!! Man, I am feeling old lately!

I never wear sunscreen either. I don't think I have ever put it on, even as a kid. I rarely burn though...it's the Italian in me!

eejit = silly person

Kind of like jacka$$? :lmao:

Hi, I'm joining in! I love your TR! Your Sea World day sounds fun-- sometimes you have to just go with the flow. Outlet shopping can be just as fun as going to one of the parks anyway ;)

Girl! How did I miss you starting this?! Well I'm here now! I felt the excitement of getting to WDW with you.

Love the Chef Mickey pics! Looks like you guys had a good time there. And I love your headband!

You know I like the Ariel shirt, haha!

Even though you got to Seaworld late, I'm amazed you guys still were able to get on the most popular rides there. I had to google Manta because I hadn't heard of that ride and it looks crazy cool! Although I'd never go on it :laughing: Good for your BF for starting to enjoy going on roller coasters! :)

I am the same, esp when I have to put it on first before my moisturiser. But its a quick easy job and will protect you not just on holiday but in the long term too :)

I would recommend Alton Towers, its so much fun and if you can swing it stay a night at the hotel there (not the water park one). You get early entry to the park as a hotel guest and you get your own (long) walkway entrance to the park too. Or you can take the train/monorail as well.

I would look out for the two for one offers for Chessington, Alton etc but also look out for offers for the hotel too on their website. If you can swing then defo go :thumbsup2

Yep, will definitely be wearing sunscreen and staying in shade some too, I found a lovely nivea suncream with gold shimmer but I think the line has been discontinued, my mum really liked reimann's p20? that she used this year...:)

I will go have a look at the website, I love theme parks and rollercoasters and won't get a fix this year in Egypt at all! :eek:

I remember that song!!! It was from way more than a few years ago! I remember because it was popular when I graduated college...in 1999!! Man, I am feeling old lately!

I never wear sunscreen either. I don't think I have ever put it on, even as a kid. I rarely burn though...it's the Italian in me!

Kind of like jacka$$? :lmao:

1999! whoa just feels like a few summers ago! My two sisters are 16 and 18 and partying non stop and I feel very old and boring next to them...but I'm heading out in Belfast tonight which is always good because they keep some places over 25's and then we can be the young ones again!

Your lucky Nikki, I used to go a better colour when I was little but my tan is so slow now! I watched Unstoppable last weekend and Rosario Dawson really reminded me of you...have you ever heard that before?:3dglasses

And yeah, a real country person round here would say 'he's the pure eejit' = 'what a jacka$$! exactly!

Hi, I'm joining in! I love your TR! Your Sea World day sounds fun-- sometimes you have to just go with the flow. Outlet shopping can be just as fun as going to one of the parks anyway ;)

Hi and :welcome: I was looking at the comments on my pre trip report a few nights ago and now your here! a good coincidence!

Thanks, our Seaworld day was really good, much more relaxed and I loved how much DBF Loved shopping! He though the value for money was great at the outlets, we ended up going to two more times!:cool1:

Are you thinking of doing a trip/pre trip report for your Port Orleans visit? My mum and nana are staying there this May and are so excited!

Girl! How did I miss you starting this?! Well I'm here now! I felt the excitement of getting to WDW with you.

Love the Chef Mickey pics! Looks like you guys had a good time there. And I love your headband!

You know I like the Ariel shirt, haha!

:woohoo::yay::banana: You found me!!! The trip report was hard to start but I'm getting more into the swing of it now and enjoying reliving an awesome trip!

That was the headband mum got me that she thought had a minnie mouse vibe! I like wearing the Disney gear and really getting into the Disney spirit! I loved chef Mickey's although DBF nearly choked when he got the bill!:rotfl:

2 castmembers told me that they liked the Ariel tank! it is cute, I loved the photo of you wearing it beside DBF and the big Mickey ears at the contemporary, it looks good with denim!

Even though you got to Seaworld late, I'm amazed you guys still were able to get on the most popular rides there. I had to google Manta because I hadn't heard of that ride and it looks crazy cool! Although I'd never go on it :laughing: Good for your BF for starting to enjoy going on roller coasters! :)

I was also surprised we managed to squeeze in the 3 biggest rides, although the queue for Manta was loooong! We didn't do Wild arctic which I think DBF would've enjoyed but on the to do list for the future...

Yep he was getting into the coasters, even if he was scared he would never want me to do it by myself, so he was almost forced by his own niceness to give even the scariest rollercoasters a go! the only ride I'm not keen on is one that hovers you at the top of a long tower for a horribly agonising wait then drops you straight down. although ToT is an exception! Do you go on the rollecoasters at Disney?:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter