The (Foodie)Force is Strong with Us...a Feb/Mar 2016 trip! THE END - NEW 9/13 Disneyland TR link!

Thanks for writing about your trip! I really enjoy reading your trip reports. I discovered them earlier this year and slowly went through all of them. So I wanted to thank you for many hours of entertaining reading. :)

But what really compelled me to comment is that I was scrolling through my facebook feed this weekend and your picture came up! Turns out, we have a friend in common so when he liked your photo, it showed up in my feed. Wild, right?

Anyway, I hope you have a great trip to Disneyland. I can't wait to read about your adventures (and feasts)!

Thank you!! Oh wow, It's a Small World After All!!! Who's your friend? You can PM me or just FB friend me. :)
That's awesome!

Thank you! I'm sure we'll have a blast in DLR! I can't wait to experience it again!

I always enjoy reading your trip reports. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Thank you for reading! I had such a great time on this trip! I don't know how I can top this trip, but maybe for my 50th? LOL.

I just sent you a friend request on fb. I feel like I'm friending a celebrity! :worship:

We're now friends! :) Haha you are waaaay to kind, we actually lead a very boring life, just work work work (and not sung in cool Rihanna fashion), eat, sleep, and spend time with my nieces and nephew.
Our Disney trips and vacations in general are our way to let loose so I save all my excitement for that haha. :)

What a great end to your trip! I really enjoyed reading along. I will be following your DL TR too. I have not been there so it will be fun reading about it. You have a very engaging way of writing your trip report. Kudos to you!

Thank you for reading! I had such a great time on this trip! I don't know how I can top this trip, but maybe for my 50th? LOL.

We're now friends! :) Haha you are waaaay to kind, we actually lead a very boring life, just work work work (and not sung in cool Rihanna fashion), eat, sleep, and spend time with my nieces and nephew.
Our Disney trips and vacations in general are our way to let loose so I save all my excitement for that haha. :)
I should probably elaborate that the whole reason I had time to read all of your trip reports is thanks to nursing sessions with my daughter. So all your leisurely, uninterrupted meals and one-on-one time with the hubby sound like the height of luxury right now. :cloud9:

There was absolutely no line at any of the meet n greets, so we were in and out very quickly.
Wow, very cool!

-U8FrgztBy7kiPEoD6-BRJIrdYDJ2AQyBQbEu_EfUlM3UwBVKDJ-BpkSzh67sqGaz33x-dINsK2J5_IbMW46onZEhcJUL6LXi5OMcN54xGrr8hWz7lOgjtCHAeT9UrjxzL3LFMlDJwaG1WRFoqhEw-QcJWNxJ5uYlCkMqqbDKaR7z2zeJGg2cdx9jHVyozdoam8sIL_HYH8fCIIfVvGo7y_H0mHe6st4jC9JxMCsKgpfvMKw5CYyCeRIXcV0dmXAJQaMHprpoZsknqHRZE9YONzM3QKIvA00lXSuYHFmAsLeFqSgmVjkm4ghFbtF09zg2Ha7AT7vx4ET2CZu6OqIjw5ggtAMhUhji_Zvg8jHQRWYqOKiIucg_OdH-PR3z8ApObnJdODhkberLSEW5C8XV0aVxn6wEPqWzRHY6mhvyQo_nuIH0YfZanHwmMjzeF6ohxtTaOW7ioXMqmTcvo9EAjD5sJP5Uce3XkAK4sGtX5t_XyXd3kyF8FpB_0JUcJr--U0ub7MJ0k--2dLzqjmzYGyx5kvz_XKuvFc9lHTVTvHtrkemvqNd7rU-1D0ukcFmhkshpeq9QUUcyJkw7Q4epDjSIj9kOGmh=w429-h643-no
Ha, cute picture! :chewy:

When we got outside, I thought, hey I'm wearing a stormtrooper t shirt so I'm bound to get some attention from them, right?

Wrong. It was DH who caught their eye instead.
:headache: :sad2:

Funny to see all those people gathered around when the standby wait shows 10 minutes! :eek:

Thanks for reading my 40th Birthday Foodie Trip Report!
Thank you so much for sharing it! What a great trip!

Only 1 more week until we set foot in Disneyland. I'll be writing a TR on the Disneyland boards which I will post a link here once I've started it.
Yay, I'm super excited to hear all about it! :cool1:

nooooooooooo...

That seems to be a common feeling for me when you finish your trip reports :rotfl:
I just read your first cruise TR the other night, because we recently found out we'll be going on one! I'm so excited. I can't wait to read about your Disneyland trip!

What a great end to your trip! I really enjoyed reading along. I will be following your DL TR too. I have not been there so it will be fun reading about it. You have a very engaging way of writing your trip report. Kudos to you!

Thank you so much! I look forward to writing it when I get back! Also to planning our Feb trip! Thank you for reading!

I should probably elaborate that the whole reason I had time to read all of your trip reports is thanks to nursing sessions with my daughter. So all your leisurely, uninterrupted meals and one-on-one time with the hubby sound like the height of luxury right now. :cloud9:

Aww, congratulations! That's awesome! I see many Disney trips in your future! :cutie:

What an awesome trip!! Thanks so much for sharing and have a great time in DL!!

Thank you so much! I look forward to DL!

Wow, very cool!

Apparently the best time to go is late at night!

Ha, cute picture! :chewy:

Thanks! Chewie hugs are the best!

Yeah, what is up with those troopers!! :mad:

Funny to see all those people gathered around when the standby wait shows 10 minutes! :eek:

It was a little nutty. They were letting people in very slowly and in single file. We definitely waited more than 10 minutes though...more like 25.

Thank you so much for sharing it! What a great trip!

thanks for reading, as always!

Yay, I'm super excited to hear all about it! :cool1:

Coming to the DL TR forum soon! :thumbsup2

nooooooooooo...

That seems to be a common feeling for me when you finish your trip reports :rotfl:
I just read your first cruise TR the other night, because we recently found out we'll be going on one! I'm so excited. I can't wait to read about your Disneyland trip!

Thanks so much for reading! I promise to start the next TR as soon as we get back! :thumbsup2
Wow a Disney cruise! That's awesome! I just love them! Are you going on the Magic?

Such a beautiful, fun and action-packed trip! :thanks: for sharing these special memories with us. Looking forward to reading your Disnelyand TR!

That is one EPIC birthday trip! Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. I should probably head on over to the cruise portion and catch up on that now.

And have a MAGICALLY FANTASTIC Disneyland trip!

EPIC!! NUFF SAID!!!

It sure was! Thank you for reading!!

I really enjoyed your trip report! Thank you for posting it! And have loads of fun at Disneyland!!

Thank you!! BTW been loving your California TR - just haven't had time to comment. But I have taken notes!

It's almost Friday!!!!!
Have a great Disneyland trip!!!
giphy.gif

Thank you!!! We're so excited!
Such a beautiful, fun and action-packed trip! :thanks: for sharing these special memories with us. Looking forward to reading your Disnelyand TR!

Thank you so much for reading! I look forward to sharing our DLR adventure!

That is one EPIC birthday trip! Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. I should probably head on over to the cruise portion and catch up on that now.

And have a MAGICALLY FANTASTIC Disneyland trip!

Thank you so much!! We had such an awesome time and can't wait to share our trip experience when we get back! :)

PTR Update: Disneyland, Princess 5k (Feb 2017) Trip ADRs

Ok, T-1 until we leave for California! I'm ALMOST packed...still have to decide on shoes. Is it wrong to want to bring 4 pairs for flip flops and 2 pairs of walking shoes? I am really trying not to overpack, but I do have some room since we are checking in some large suitcases that are only half full. I have always said, if I'm checking in a bag, it might as well be the biggest bag I am allowed to bring! I'm totally saving room for some popcorn buckets too...hehe.

So this past weekend was our ADR day for our Princess 5k Trip from Feb 23-28 2017. It also coincides with my birthday (27th)! At 7am I tried making ADRs both online and on the app...AND IT WASNT WORKING!! Kept giving me error messages. Maybe the system was overloaded? I doubt it...anyhoo, I called the Disney Dining number and made my ADRs with a CM. Sooo, here were the ADRs I ended up getting:

Feb 23rd (Day before 5k): We'll have to go to the Race Expo to pick up our bibs from what I'm told. So not sure how long that takes. Maybe if we have some time we can go to Epcot or something. We will grab an early dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Nothing like Prince Charming and Strawberry Soup to get give you some pre-race face!
Feb 24th (Day of 5k): If I don't fall over and pass out after the 5k we may rest then head to MK. I have early dinner ADRs at Liberty Tree Tavern.
Feb 25th: Today will be an Epcot day, and we have lunch ADRs at San Angel Inn
Feb 26th: Today it's DHS and we have early dinner ADRs at 'Ohana
Feb 27th (my bday): It's an MK day! We have a PPO breakfast at BoG and then dinner at California Grill! Wishes is supposedly at 8pm that night, and the only ADR I could get was 6:50pm. I hope that's a good time.
Feb 28th (last day): We'll spend the day at AK and have brunch at Tusker House. I'm excited to eat here again as I love it! Then we plan to get an evening flight out.

The reason for all the early dinners is that I wanted to see if they are offering a Star Wars dessert party...so hopefully I can book that if/when they are announced. Sometimes they are not offered everyday so wanted to build in some contingency. I was thinking of doing Club Villain if it's available too!

@Elevationist @cinderkelly - when should we have our Dismeet? I'm pretty open to changing stuff around except for Ohana and California Grill since they are such coveted ADRs. Maybe we should have a post-race meet up! Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum anyone?

That's our plan so far! We have lodging booked (Contemporary) but I'm waiting on flights. I am strongly contemplating flying us in the day before (Feb 22nd) late night after work and spending the night at the airport Hyatt. I do have some free nights to spare so it wouldn't cost anything, then we can wake up bright and early ready to take ME to the Contemporary. The more I think about it, the more I think this plan appeals to me more. I don't love taking early flights out as it just tires me for the whole day, and I don't want to have to waste a day traveling. The last time we flew in late after work, our flight got slightly delayed and we ended up at Orlando at 1am, and still had to wait for ME to take us to our resort (which took another 30 minutes at that time and it wasn't a magical bus, just a plain white van). So spending the night at the Hyatt seems to be a good idea and we can wake up refreshed to take Magical Express!

See you all in Cali!

:wave2::wave2::wave2:

should we have our Dismeet? I'm pretty open to changing stuff around except for Ohana and California Grill since they are such coveted ADRs. Maybe we should have a post-race meet up! Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum anyone?

Your plans look awesome! @Elevationist and I were talking about the possibility of meeting the morning of the 25th at the Contemporary around 9:00 maybe? We don't land until 11:30 pm on the 24th and then she leaves after her 10:00ish ADR at The Wave on the 25th. Since we have a pretty slim window for us to both meet up with Billie that option might work best if it works for you. I'll be staying at WL for our arrival night so it would be super easy for me to take the boat over.:thumbsup2 I also have an Epcot day scheduled on the 25th with a dinner ADR at Teppan Edo. I'm pretty flexible with plans as well. :jumping1:

Have a safe trip to California!

Your plans look awesome! @Elevationist and I were talking about the possibility of meeting the morning of the 25th at the Contemporary around 9:00 maybe? We don't land until 11:30 pm on the 24th and then she leaves after her 10:00ish ADR at The Wave on the 25th. Since we have a pretty slim window for us to both meet up with Billie that option might work best if it works for you. I'll be staying at WL for our arrival night so it would be super easy for me to take the boat over.:thumbsup2 I also have an Epcot day scheduled on the 25th with a dinner ADR at Teppan Edo. I'm pretty flexible with plans as well. :jumping1:

Have a safe trip to California!

That sounds like a plan! I think we may eat at the Wave too! Shall we all have breakfast?
I definitely wanted to add that on one day but wasn't sure what day. Since we're staying at Contemporary it's easy for us :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter