The (Foodie)Force is Strong with Us...a Feb/Mar 2016 trip! THE END - NEW 9/13 Disneyland TR link!

I was hoping that our strategy of pre-ordering our meal paired with the quick service at BoG would allow us to get on standby at 7DMT with little wait!

Yum! We are booking a BOG breakfast in February and I am pretty excited about it - we're trying out the dining plan or else I don't think we'd eat there. It's a little pricy for breakfast, but that bacon and egg sandwich looks good, even from someone who doesn't like the idea of runny eggs :P

We arrived at Beast's castle and checked in for breakfast. When we entered, we realized we didn't know where to go since we had pre-ordered and didn't need to get on line.

Well, now I know to ask someone since we will definitely be pre-ordering.

We got our self-service drinks, coffees for both of us, and we honestly didn't have to wait that long for our food which is amazing. Our pastries and entrees were brought at the same time.

We've had really good experiences with BOG so far with the food timing. We had to wait a little bit at our recent lunch, but it was at absolutely prime lunch time so it made sense. Glad you had efficient service!

We'll be staying at the Grand Californian for 4 nights

Ahhhh!!! This is amazing! I can't wait to read about it and see the pictures.

I signed DH and Myself up for the DISNEY PRINCESS 5K in February 2017!! So we're going back to WDW in February!!

Woo hoo! I'll be there too! We're just doing a super short weekend, but @Elevationist and I are tentatively planning to meet up. You should join!

Maybe we can squeeze in a few other trips as well. It'll only make the pass more worth it, right? :thumbsup2

This is our mentality. We planned more trips last year because of the APs :P But it was so much fun I didn't care!

This was a relatively new offering so when it was announced I jumped on it and I'm super happy I did! I made reservations for 8:15am which was pre-park opening.

This seems like it might be the way to go with Garden Grill breakfast considering some less stellar reviews I've seen from later reservations. I just can't get over paying dinner prices for breakfast food personally because we love their lunch/dinner food so much!

Finally caught up and can't wait to hear more about your DLR trip and your planning for February :D

Fun update! I LOVE that PP pic with the Magic shot of Butterflies! So cute.

Thank you! Definitely a new one for me!

and we walked in the oppressing 90+ degree weather, all the way to Japan pavillion dragging 6 children, my sister's and mine, with this in my mind. They still have it but not in soft serve form anymore. Its now regular icecream in a cup.

So sad! I wonder why they got rid of it? Maybe it's a cost-cutting measure, which is sadly happening much too often!

That bag is cute but...yeah, not my style either.

Glad you were able to fill an hour while dh was at the seminar :rotfl2: doesn't seem like it was that difficult :rotfl:

LOL, I could spend an hour in Mousegears easily! Luckily I kept myself busy with other things or else I could have done much more damage!

Got behind due to the thread getting bumped off my updates and school starting back (teacher here). Loved the GG breakfast! DH nor I am a cinnamon bun fan so that won't do much for us but we like breakfast and the characters so we should be ok. I am trying to decide between ppo and end-of-breakfast ADR. Leaning toward later bc we can just split our FP due to child swap. But either way, I'm looking forward to it!

Me too! Have to totally catch up on your TR because for some reason my updates...weren't updating!

I think you might find the cinnamon bun skillet thing better than regular cinnamon rolls. I liked it a lot better than a regular cinnamon roll, like the ones from Cinnabon...those are too sweet and too doughy for me, but this one had a nice brioche-like texture and the cinnamon wasn't overpowering. The characters were great!!

I'm totally looking into a D&B but that one is too small for me...lol. Yeh, I carry everything but the kitchen sink in my purse, or so my mom says.

LOL, that's like me in my everyday life! I only use small bags at Disney just because we're walking so much and I don't need more weight. But yes I'm one of those big tote people!

Epcot looks deserted! Great solo pics! Looking forward to Sanaa!

It wasn't that crowded especially before midday, it got considerably more crowded after that though, especially in the World Showcase.
Sanaa was so awesome! I can't wait to recap our meal!

Nice start to the day in Epcot. I like your Test Track pose! Glad you had some nice solo time. Cute shirt you got!

Thanks! I can't believe it took me so long to get it. Even chunkysis has that shirt!

True! But do you want to hear the funny thing? The only time my family has gone to the Cape May breakfast, we were staying at All Star Music.

We took a cab to get there.

:rotfl:

Haha, that's too funny!

Fun update!

I love your character pictures, but the Test Track picture is my favorite. That is great that you got to be in the back seat without anyone else. Great pose!

Thanks! I don't know how we came up with that but it worked! Guess it was also because there was no single rider during that time so we got the freed up middle seat.

UGH! Have you heard Sum of All Thrills is closing :( Before my fall trip, too. This is especially bad since the physics lessons offered at SoaT was part of the evidence I used to justify the 8th grade Disney trip to skeptics.

I know...sad!! Too many closures. I wonder what else they are going to put in it's place, but lemme just say the new offerings in innoventions aren't too exciting...that glidden paint color thing...snoozefest.

Your Dooney bag is very cute. I love the pattern, but I'm (horror) not a purse person. I own and use a single bag that I have had for at least 3 years, maybe more.

Oh I am the opposite! I am a total bag person. I love bags!

What fun selfies around Future World during your solo time. The photopass butterfly shot is awesome!

:butterfly

Thanks!! That one was new for me this year!

I love that Dooney bag, and would totally buy it, but I don't think my husband would be happy with me. We will be there next year during the Flower & Garden Festival right before my birthday, so hopefully they have a cute one next year that I can talk him into letting me buy!

LOL, I hope you find the bag you're looking for next year! I love all the limited edition prints D&B have during events, but I think practically speaking, I am more of an everyday neutral/black bag sort of person. But I can definitely see using this bags at Disney!

This was my favorite park of that breakfast! Its so deliciously good, even though the other food was so-so for us, I'd go back just for this! It looks like you guys got a much better character interaction than us too.

We had a great time! Sorry you didn't have quite the same experience, but I am sure being one of the first people in GG definitely had something to do with it. My girlfriend was there in June and she said that the food was just ok, and that our food looked better, LOL.

Yum! We are booking a BOG breakfast in February and I am pretty excited about it - we're trying out the dining plan or else I don't think we'd eat there. It's a little pricy for breakfast, but that bacon and egg sandwich looks good, even from someone who doesn't like the idea of runny eggs :P

Well, now I know to ask someone since we will definitely be pre-ordering.

We've had really good experiences with BOG so far with the food timing. We had to wait a little bit at our recent lunch, but it was at absolutely prime lunch time so it made sense. Glad you had efficient service!

I always enjoy breakfast at BoG! I think you can specify the doneness of the eggs. Maybe in the notes section or something when you pre-order.
The service is always quick and friendly, I've never had bad service there, and I always like it when things are quick!

Ahhhh!!! This is amazing! I can't wait to read about it and see the pictures.

I can't wait to see it in person too! I've never actually been inside any of the Disneyland Resort hotels! So it'll be like a new experience for me!

Woo hoo! I'll be there too! We're just doing a super short weekend, but @Elevationist and I are tentatively planning to meet up. You should join!

OMG yes! Let's do it!! Yay, DISMEET!!!

This is our mentality. We planned more trips last year because of the APs :P But it was so much fun I didn't care!

Totally looking forward to it!!

This seems like it might be the way to go with Garden Grill breakfast considering some less stellar reviews I've seen from later reservations. I just can't get over paying dinner prices for breakfast food personally because we love their lunch/dinner food so much!

Yeah I'd say definitely go pre-parek opening if you're going to do it, but I too love lunch and dinner here so it's hard to choose!

Finally caught up and can't wait to hear more about your DLR trip and your planning for February :D

Yay! See you next year! :thumbsup2

Disneyland PTR update! 20 days to go!

The countdown is on! Can't believe it's less than a month now. I kept thinking this trip was far away but I guess it's just like summer...over before you know it!

Here are the plans I've made so far. I've tried to not pack it to tightly because we have quite a bit of time to explore the park and will probably make or change some ADRs on the fly depending on how quickly we get a feel of the parks. It's been 8 years since we've been back so I'm quite looking forward to experiencing something new yet familiar! Chunkysis has never been to Disneyland before so it'll be exciting for her.

Sept 2-4th:
DH and I will fly into LAX the night of the 2nd. We'll be renting a car for the week. We'll be spending the weekend with DH's parents who live in Riverside county, we'll probably be taking it easy over the weekend and enjoy spending the short time with DH's parents, especially DH's dad who has had some health issues over the years.

Sept 5th:
Today is literally the busiest day of the trip. DH and I will take off from his parent's house really early in the morning and drive about and hour and a half or so to Anaheim. I know traffic in LA can be pretty bad so I'm going to budget about 2 hours or maybe longer for this. We intend to leave before 6am just to beat traffic. We'll probably pick up some breakfast along the way. I hope to get to the Grand Californian around 8am. We'll drop off our car and our luggage as I'm assuming our room will not be ready. I purchased our park hopper tickets via Ares Travel and I just have to pick them up at the front desk somewhere. Hopefully I can leave Chunkysis's ticket with the front desk as she's not arriving until later that afternoon and I wasn't sure what we'd be doing.

DH and I will head to Disneyland! I just have one goal that morning, be able to ride Hyperspace Mountain! This is the last day for the ride before it closes for a few days to become Ghost Galaxy. So I'm hoping we can ride this a few times with FP and all. We'll probably spend the morning at DL and maybe hop over to DCA. We'll see how crowds are on this Labor Day. We may grab some quick service somewhere..not sure yet. I have to peruse the menus a bit more.

Maybe if I've successfully rode Hyperspace Mountain a few times we'll take a break and hopefully they will let us check in a little earlier than the 4pm Check In time. Chunkysis should have arrived by now so maybe we'll all meet up in the room. I'm sure CS will want to get started on her character pictures although I told her she'd probably encounter less lines during the week. DH and I will probably want to take a rest since it was an early day for us and we have a full night ahead!

At 6pm we have dinner ADRs at Blue Bayou for the Paint The Night package! Today is also the last night of Paint The Night before it becomes a sporadic seasonal offering. It's the only night it's on during our trip hence I booked the package to secure us a good viewing spot. The parade is scheduled for 8:45 and 10:45pm. I am assuming we'll get the earlier parade showtime so after dinner depending on the time, we can start heading to check in at the viewing spot which is near the train station at the front of the park, but not directly on main street.

After the parade is also another event celebrating it's last night, the Disneyland Forever Fireworks. So we'll try to make our way from the parade viewing spot to somewhere on Main Street. I'm sure it'll be crowded considering it's the last night for both parade and fireworks. So I'm not anticipating a great view, but I'm hoping for at least some view of Main street.

After the fireworks we'll probably be really pooped so we'll head back to the Grand for some rest before the rest of our week!

Sept 6th:
Today the parks open at 10am with DL EMH starting at 9am so we'll head to DL this morning. I have 10:40am ADRs at Minnie's Character Breakfast at Plaza Inn. This is one of 4 character meals we'll be doing this week. We'll probably catch rides during EMH and before breakfast. I guess we will do a couple more rides at DL after breakfast and then we'll hop over to DCA in the late afternoon, or evening. I left it kinda open.

We may grab some QS for dinner before our 7:30pm World of Color Dessert Party. Very excited for this as it's my first time seeing it ever. The parks close early at 8pm and I'm sure we'll be feeling it with the jetlag and all so we'll head back for some rest.

Sept 7th:
Today is DCA's EMH so we'll head there. We'll do some rides like Soarin' and TSM, and then when regular park hours open we'll grab FPs for the Frozen Show, and RSR.

At 1pm we have lunch ADRs at Ariel's Grotto for their princess lunch. This should be pretty fun. After lunch we'll see what else we can do at DCA or hop back to DL. I left the evening open. I kinda wanted to have dinner at Plaza Inn for their fried chicken. It sounds really good! Maybe we'll do Disney Springs or pool time, or both! And then maybe we'll catch World of Color again in case we really liked it (we could probably pick up a FP for this too since it's disconnected). I was also thinking of grabbing a drink after the parks close at 8pm at...Trader Sams!!

Sept 8th:
This morning we have the Storyteller's breakfast at our hotel, the Grand Californian. It's pretty convenient to roll down and have breakfast with characters waiting for you!

The rest of the day is pretty open. We'll probably catch anything we missed in both parks or any ride we want to go on multiple times (I remember I liked Indiana Jones so much on my last trip that we closed down the ride!), browse all the shops and especially Star Wars Launch Bay. Maybe this is a good time to go to Downtown Disney as well.

We finish the night with dinner at 6:30 pm at Cafe Orleans. I really want to try the Monte Cristo!

Sept 9th:
Our last day in the parks. Today will be a pretty busy day too. The crowds are also expect to return today (Friday). We'll grab breakfast at DTD (I want beignets) and then head to DCA for their EMH. We'll do a few rides then grab any FPs we want. After that, we can probably go check out of the GC and leave our bags at bell services or in our car until we leave the property. Then we'll head to DL to grab some FP for Ghost Galaxy and I think Haunted Mansion will be open again so we'll see if we can ride that today.

We have 1pm lunch at Carthay Circle. I'm looking forward to what seems to be the most adult meal, out of all the meals we've had so far. I am not sure whether to do lunch or dinner. Still deciding.

We'll see what else we would do that day. I left it open after lunch. Maybe World of Color, maybe Downtown Disney, maybe Trader Sams. We'll see! Then after the park is closed we'll head out of the GC, and drive over a few blocks to the Hyatt House Anaheim. It's a new hotel that just started taking reservations, and I am a fan of the Hyatt brand so I booked it for one night. Mainly because it's much cheaper than the Friday rate at the GC, and considering tomorrow wasn't a park day we didn't need to be near the parks. It seem fairly close though to the main gates so it would be lodging to consider when we come back to Disneyland, especially because I have quite a few Hyatt points. We'll check in at the Hyatt House and spend the night there. Right now it's a king suite which has a sofa bed for CS.

Sept 10th:
Today we are leaving California but our flight is not until 10pm. We have invited DH's family to have brunch with us at the Disneyland Hotel - at Goofy's Kitchen. Thought it was pretty cool we get together and spend some time before we leave. And what a better way to spend our last day than with a character brunch with the fam!

Right now brunch is at 11am but so far no one has really gotten back to me regarding the timing so I'm going to have to pester then...well ask DH to pester them to give me an answer so I can confirm the reservation and the time.

The rest of the day we'll be doing family stuff I guess. Maybe we'll take them around Downtown Disney. Or we may leave Anaheim. I definitely want to go to my favorite dim sum place, called Din Tai Fong sometime on this trip. Maybe we'll eat there for dinner.

As it gets closer to our flight, we'll say good bye and head over to LAX...but not before picking some In n Out burger for the road. I usually bring a few Double Double Animal Styles back home with me. The key is to ask for no lettuce and the animal sauce on the side so it doesn't cause the bun to get soggy. Finally just nuke it slightly when you're home and douse with sauce (they give it to you in ketchup-like packets) and add your own fresh lettuce if desired.

I guess that's our plan for the week! Sorry this update is a bit boring...no pictures or anything. I promise lots of pics in my upcoming conclusion of the TR!

Last edited:
Well you certainly have a full Disneyland trip planned!! :)

We have 13 days left before we leave; we also have ressies at Cafe Orleans for dinner, Minnies for breakfast and Carthay Circle for lunch! I'm still mulling over one of the Frozen packages (not the lunch one). $49/pp seems a bit steep seeing as it's just one drink plus shave ice and popcorn =0 And of course preferred seating. And not standing in the hot sun also sounds pretty darn good....Just wish it were a bit cheaper for kids-this is why we aren't doing the WOC dessert party, as much as I want to, $79 pp regardless of age is ridiculous and would cost my family of 4 waaaaay too much after exchange rate :(

I'm having Disneyland withdrawal more... Maybe working on my trip report will help. :-). The Monte Cristo was delicious, and i really like Storytellers. Though it's the only character meal I've done, so I'm biased. I just didn't realize the first time how much the characters would interact with adults with no kids.

We had a similar time for our Blue Bayou reservation, and it was nice to sit for the parade without showing up hours early. I liked the spot. It's in the circle (triangle? :-)) across from the train station. We had one issue... When I booked the package, I had read some reviews of people bring able to get part ways up Main Street for the fireworks after, so that's what i was planning on. Before the parade started, a cast member came by and told us that the best place for the fireworks would be to move to the other side of the circle/triangle, and to stay out of Main Street because it would be less crowded. LIES! I'm sure she meant well, but what ended up happening was people turned around, headed across towards the castle, and stopped at an invisible line even with the landscaping fence. We got stuck in this crush of people, and you could SEE all this open space on Main Street but couldn't get out. I was pretty upset and I wish we had gone out the other way. The show ended up getting cancelled a few minutes in due to wind. :sad2:

I'm still enjoying living vicariously through your trip report. Maybe if I read enough, I'll know where I'm going when we get to WDW! I don't know how I'll choose where to eat though.

PVZQNBNNJuVsE4RrPfNuGMaO8ooUWfM0l-sWzlGIx2RKKAdGBu2e7AlWXKjuXPrjLNx3bQi-3_AJe6MlI88VJU6secBp93Yrb58orl_tN41Arls4GFCBDNqls0QdAtW3NSDwShYdvyWXUQ9HlH7rB-hnGqzQjMZEcr2lzRpIHY9lioupHfQQKaiw45WGLkti2aaO5ndBKZmOs1_f1N2OHQyN6uv-uVLbBWvuwcXkMp2wePJmyyr0JLXbSUpuHy0WVYqWLaXOW_o5GGufwXTw4Rt8L9dNbOHAVIdiei6TkePNZVADTMOQMfaFPweVpXXFHGAtl33qV5HzQtt7vmKhdooWKws2MD58dCgyKauX3hGjmVSW0cuEZiXM13BRs47vMv0k83Ykm5yanuGOKvaywJ2E2QaZqCWxjT04YLQMEugP82sxN9ezf0Ena3DXwCzprm-Kumcj0NVFcVa95jWMrVbMwzqGW8_9kaDg2cSDqm2DlHGSug2sxKkrVc7Diq3zgDI0PnKtniqBlVAmSBp91bEi3q1JCnCf6twGEXAvEsC1TRP8OndHACeBRFOIYRfmGqpuXyLlU-aRjQRg1jXDZtmXA5KWJ3Fz=w483-h643-no

Super cute!

Very pretty shirt! A good purchase indeed!

Looks like your Disneyland plans are coming a long nicely. Some great days planned and being able to see some of the things that will be going away shortly. We are sad that some of the things we researched when we were going to go this year are ending and we won't ever get to see them. Just the videos on YouTube that we have poured over.

So excited for your DL trip!! I hope you do a trip report when you get back so I can mimic your touring plans for my Nov trip!!!

Your DLR plans sound wonderful! I'm excited to read all about it when you get back. I've been twice in my life. 1981 (I believe) and 2002. I really, really want to take my boys for Carsland before they get too big. My 2 year is a HUGE fan and my 4 year old used to be.

I'm currently reading a TR from DL. I'll just tell you that the OP was a little bit disappointed with the Blue Bayou parade seating. She said she would not choose to do it again and next time, would just stake out better spots. However with you being there the last night of regularly scheduling, having reserved seating might be best.

Sounds like a great trip! Don't have a tonne of experience with DL - only time we went was for 2 days last yr - but if you're looking for a good, quick CS, Flo's V8 has surprisingly good food. Great quality and well made, and not that busy. Also the corndogs are pretty great, as are the French dip roast beef sandwhiches at the Market restaurant. Have an awesome time!

LOVE the bag! I know what you mean about it not being your style though. I think all of the D&B Disney bags are incredibly cute, but none of them really suit me. I haven't purchased one because I am terrified of buyer remorse after the fact if it isn't something I would use on the daily or regularly. Maybe one day though.

I can't believe you will be posting your final night of your trip soon. What in the world will I read after this is done HAHA. Can't wait to see how you spent your last evening in WS.

So excited for your DLR trip! A friend of mine is going to LA for work in a few weeks and she convinced me to tag along so looks like I'm going on a last minute DLR trip too! We're in the parks 9/1-9/4, so I'll tell Mickey to be ready for your arrival on the 5th. ::MickeyMo

So far haven't done much planning...the only ADR we have so far is a Carthay Circle lunch. Those fried biscuits look magical. :worship: I'm also trying to convince my friend we should do a fancy dinner at Napa Rose on Saturday night...

What @Elevationist said! You can barely feel the spinning that sometimes I forget I'm on a rotating restaurant. Really, there is not too much to see while the restaurant is rotating but you can see some of the LWTL ride. It's mostly about the characters and the food! I've always enjoyed myself here and think it's one of the more underrated restaurants.

I loved breakfast at GG on my last trip, but it did make me feel a little queasy at first. I think there was something about how my body knew I was moving but my eyes couldn't really tell that messed me up! (Similar to when I've gotten motion sickness inside of boats before?) That said, it took a few minutes for me to get used to the situation and then I felt totally fine and was happily able to eat. I think it's worth giving the restaurant a shot! :)

Good to know, thanks! I do love C&D so I just might look into booking this next time

I was sad that they were no longer at the Cape May breakfast

They used to be at Cape May? Wonder why they're not now. Would have loved to see them in their beach gear during my breakfast there this past trip. Plus they are super fun

Awesome pic!

And managed to buy this top in Mousegears which I had been eyeing for years but never purchased until now.

UtbvvrnWPZNfaqaPjGS44KkJQN6FTr48bnBOcPDl2CK6qWIKfRr3V3ecMJOZ-h-ECWGl-4R016fzuHo63KbZZT9q4bIJ8eBg7KsTYGmun43ACrM8OHtsSF2gp6sI3KyVemGLWXn_ggvjdH7umrfdP8YKtmggxwct8RoaM4GsP69yN9k_AIgtqJHd3VTcXuCtHAppDc-4TnPUyEAaHWhuPkE84u1FzW3WyE8WaRn4O0G0T5aIlWw-i2fueql-q2ihH4OynzGkrf5O-DPZX0crKJPFnf4ou-nJn73j_SEJoT0asIrKtq0vHFUeSxgDeEXatU67oR6KRCeDmdZDZVUv1qD7yTvqwppc4PFWPD_UPEpAGOWmv0iBTp8A8rtHT2BJCiZcgcW0mw57ZaJVym6wR6uqjF24B95qZHwBIp3PPXWVSAxHtCL0082mKw7NDLBhqy2Xzo9abcX0WSIUwtwAoWt-gyEBqFjnaAcP54pRz9ParSPgrUxZ9E3pGsAizQ7vB4Lf-p3FTqE8NDBaaxXVNY4jHlPMTHiDnxYazM_Am6k52gH9g-84XxUcCeHZdW3JltjG4FmNMOqFxXkZtY3fGd36OzTBgp24=w483-h643-no

Super cute top!

Sounds like exciting Disneyland plans. So jealous by the way!

Well you certainly have a full Disneyland trip planned!! :)

We have 13 days left before we leave; we also have ressies at Cafe Orleans for dinner, Minnies for breakfast and Carthay Circle for lunch! I'm still mulling over one of the Frozen packages (not the lunch one). $49/pp seems a bit steep seeing as it's just one drink plus shave ice and popcorn =0 And of course preferred seating. And not standing in the hot sun also sounds pretty darn good....Just wish it were a bit cheaper for kids-this is why we aren't doing the WOC dessert party, as much as I want to, $79 pp regardless of age is ridiculous and would cost my family of 4 waaaaay too much after exchange rate :(

It's so exciting! I hope you have a great time!!
$79 dollars for the preshow! Wow the exchange rate is really nuts! I would definitely not do it then. It is not offered for our trip, only on the first day and I felt our day was already packed. I think 49 bucks is crazy expensive for just a glass of wine and a shave ice. But I would have probably booked it if it had been offered on other days because all I apparently do nowadays is spend my money at Disney. :crazy2:

I'm having Disneyland withdrawal more... Maybe working on my trip report will help. :-). The Monte Cristo was delicious, and i really like Storytellers. Though it's the only character meal I've done, so I'm biased. I just didn't realize the first time how much the characters would interact with adults with no kids.

I just got into the whole character meals a few years ago and since it's only me and DH usually, it's surprising how much fun we've had!
I really want to try that monte cristo! I don't think I've had a proper monte cristo yet in my lifetime so it will be a treat!

We had a similar time for our Blue Bayou reservation, and it was nice to sit for the parade without showing up hours early. I liked the spot. It's in the circle (triangle? :-)) across from the train station. We had one issue... When I booked the package, I had read some reviews of people bring able to get part ways up Main Street for the fireworks after, so that's what i was planning on. Before the parade started, a cast member came by and told us that the best place for the fireworks would be to move to the other side of the circle/triangle, and to stay out of Main Street because it would be less crowded. LIES! I'm sure she meant well, but what ended up happening was people turned around, headed across towards the castle, and stopped at an invisible line even with the landscaping fence. We got stuck in this crush of people, and you could SEE all this open space on Main Street but couldn't get out. I was pretty upset and I wish we had gone out the other way. The show ended up getting cancelled a few minutes in due to wind. :sad2:

Good to know! So after the parade...I head in the opposite direction of where the CM tells us to go! :thumbsup2
Sorry your fireworks were canceled. I hope they are not for us, but I guess there isn't anything we can do about it!

I'm still enjoying living vicariously through your trip report. Maybe if I read enough, I'll know where I'm going when we get to WDW! I don't know how I'll choose where to eat though.

It's insane how big WDW is and how many things there are to see our do. Can you believe we were there 8 days and didn't even make it to Animal Kingdom?? It's definitely a first stop on the list for next time. It's not really because I don't like the park, but I have an aversion to some of the rides there...(I don't like EE, or Dinosaur, and I have a phobia of Bugs) so I'm OK with not visiting that park as much. But they have some awesome characters and the Safari is very unique.

Super cute!

Thanks! It's growing on me, LOL.

Very pretty shirt! A good purchase indeed!

Thank you! Don't know why it took me so long to get it!

Looks like your Disneyland plans are coming a long nicely. Some great days planned and being able to see some of the things that will be going away shortly. We are sad that some of the things we researched when we were going to go this year are ending and we won't ever get to see them. Just the videos on YouTube that we have poured over.

I know! Sad! Although they are bringing back Paint the Night on certain days. And I think they have another set of fireworks on certain nights too. Just not our nights. :sad1:
Are you going to DL this year? Cool!

So excited for your DL trip!! I hope you do a trip report when you get back so I can mimic your touring plans for my Nov trip!!!

Of course! I will definitely start our DL trip when we get back! Although doubt I'd be done by November!

Your DLR plans sound wonderful! I'm excited to read all about it when you get back. I've been twice in my life. 1981 (I believe) and 2002. I really, really want to take my boys for Carsland before they get too big. My 2 year is a HUGE fan and my 4 year old used to be.

That's a good idea! I think they will have so much fun! Plus it is not as overwhelming as WDW planning. In all honesty, planning this was a breeze because you only have to book ADRs 60 days out and you don't need FP+. I guess that is good and bad too because then you'd have to run to catch the FP for rides you want!

I'm currently reading a TR from DL. I'll just tell you that the OP was a little bit disappointed with the Blue Bayou parade seating. She said she would not choose to do it again and next time, would just stake out better spots. However with you being there the last night of regularly scheduling, having reserved seating might be best.

That's exactly our thoughts. I am not expecting much in terms of food, but I hear the gumbo is good! I really just want to secure us a spot to watch the parade for the one night it's on during our trip. Hopefully it will be a decision that will pay off.

Sounds like great plans for your trip, wow it really is coming up fast!

Thanks! I know! Can't believe it's almost here.

Sounds like a great trip! Don't have a tonne of experience with DL - only time we went was for 2 days last yr - but if you're looking for a good, quick CS, Flo's V8 has surprisingly good food. Great quality and well made, and not that busy. Also the corndogs are pretty great, as are the French dip roast beef sandwhiches at the Market restaurant. Have an awesome time!

I've heard lots of good things about Flo's! I'm definitely going to do a quick service meal there. Or a few. That breakfast french toast with the bananas foster...sounds delicious!

LOVE the bag! I know what you mean about it not being your style though. I think all of the D&B Disney bags are incredibly cute, but none of them really suit me. I haven't purchased one because I am terrified of buyer remorse after the fact if it isn't something I would use on the daily or regularly. Maybe one day though.

Yeah they are definitely not your subtle neutral every day bags...but they are really cute and I get a ton of compliments when I use my Star Wars one, which is not often enough unfortunately.

I can't believe you will be posting your final night of your trip soon. What in the world will I read after this is done HAHA. Can't wait to see how you spent your last evening in WS.

I know! But I guess after I write our last night on this TR, I'll be starting the TR for our DL trip!

So excited for your DLR trip! A friend of mine is going to LA for work in a few weeks and she convinced me to tag along so looks like I'm going on a last minute DLR trip too! We're in the parks 9/1-9/4, so I'll tell Mickey to be ready for your arrival on the 5th. ::MickeyMo

So far haven't done much planning...the only ADR we have so far is a Carthay Circle lunch. Those fried biscuits look magical. :worship: I'm also trying to convince my friend we should do a fancy dinner at Napa Rose on Saturday night...

Oh that's awesome!! Yay!!
Those fried biscuits do look magical! I love the sound of it...fried biscuits...what's not to love?
Mmmm, I may try to squeeze in some Napa Rose if we have time.

Good to know, thanks! I do love C&D so I just might look into booking this next time

It's a lot of fun and definitely underrated. I would head for the first ressie though!

Awesome pic!

Thank you!

Super cute top!

Thanks!

Sounds like exciting Disneyland plans. So jealous by the way!

Thanks! You'll make it there some day... I know it!

With the $79 I was actually referring to the WOC dessert party, not the Frozen pre show. Using today's current exchange rate it would cost my family of 4 $405CAD....yeah....cannot justify that. After exchange the Frozen preshow would could cost us $250CAD! Again...yeah....not happening. Boo :(

Just got caught up on this TR and your cruise TR. Those sound like the most amazing two weeks. So jealous of all the amazing food you ate. My boyfriend is a huge Star Wars fan I'm hoping I can talk him into a SWDAS cruise. Can't wait to read your report for DL.

PTR Update for Feb 2017 - Disney Princess 5k - Lodging Booked!

I have been kinda late booking this trip and I had to do so really soon so that i could make ADRs which are coming up in about 9 days! But I finally booked something....we're gonna be staying at...

The Contemporary Resort
in a Garden Wing Standard View Room
Feb 23-28 2017

disneys-contemporary-resort-1357.jpg

It's our first time staying here! I was initially going to stay here back in 2010 but decided I didn't want to pay that much so we stayed at POFQ instead (which I still love). But apparently over time, all I end up doing is giving Disney more money instead of less, so Contemporary it is! BTW, it is also my birthday that weekend, so yet another splurge. :cutie: We've come full circle on the monorail, folks! From the Polynesian in 2016 to the Contemporary in 2017! I guess that just leaves the Grand Floridian for 2018??? Haha I think I have to draw the line there.

Surprisingly, the Contemporary was the cheapest deluxe for those dates when it's usually one of the most expensive ones. Granted we're in the Garden Wing, but I'm ok with that. It was about 800 cheaper to stay there than for a standard room at the Poly. :eek: Contemporary it is!

Some of the ADRs I would like are:

California Grill dinner for my birthday! (Feb 27)

The Wave for breakfast
1900 Park Fare
Hoop De Doo
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace
Ohana
Sanaa or Jiko
San Angel Inn

I'm kinda rambling right now from what comes to my head first. I'm sure there will be lots more!

For those of you going in Feb --- what ADRs are you going to make?
I haven't even formed even a remote plan so I have to get it done before ADR day! (Think it is Aug 28th)

View attachment 188523

View attachment 188524

This was 2008. Not sure when Chip & Dale were no longer part of the Cape May Breakfast. Maybe 2010-ish

I don't know why they were taken away.

Aww how cute! Your boys are so young in those pics!

With the $79 I was actually referring to the WOC dessert party, not the Frozen pre show. Using today's current exchange rate it would cost my family of 4 $405CAD....yeah....cannot justify that. After exchange the Frozen preshow would could cost us $250CAD! Again...yeah....not happening. Boo :(

Ah ok. Yeah crazy prices...although it seems to me like the WOC package is more worth it as you get more desserts and a sit down view of WOC. I'm not sure the frozen preshow sounds that enticing to me. If it had a meet n greet thrown in I may have done it though. :)

Just got caught up on this TR and your cruise TR. Those sound like the most amazing two weeks. So jealous of all the amazing food you ate. My boyfriend is a huge Star Wars fan I'm hoping I can talk him into a SWDAS cruise. Can't wait to read your report for DL.

Thank you for reading! It was definitely an epic trip. If you love Star Wars, the SWDAS cruise was a great way to interact with fans. I can't wait to see what that change up in the next year!

I was finally able to catch up just in time for the end of your trip. It looks like you have some great trips planned as well. I am very jealous. I can't wait to hear the end of your trip and read your Disneyland TR. Don't forget to post a link.:cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!