The fizz went flat: give me some Disney!! NEARLY THERE!! POST 130, PAGE 9

Just caught up on your last few updates, I can't believe how quickly your trip has come around. I'm so glad you managed to get Cali Grill, we are trying it for the first time in September.

How is Colin's mum & your grandad now? Hope they are both better. :hug:

Good luck with your ebaying....I hope you get lots of spending money. :wizard:

Great update hun and a lovely piccie of the two of you xx

Thanks hun, colin is very camera shy so its rare that there is one of me and him together:cool1:

Just caught up on your last few updates, I can't believe how quickly your trip has come around. I'm so glad you managed to get Cali Grill, we are trying it for the first time in September.

How is Colin's mum & your grandad now? Hope they are both better. :hug:

Good luck with your ebaying....I hope you get lots of spending money. :wizard:

Hi hun, Colins mum is still having problems with the wound on her leg from the procedure and its still leaking fluid daily, making her miserable. the nurse comes daily to change dressings but she is quite reliant on colin which is draining. My grandfather came out of hospital last week but needed a blood transfusion and since he has been home is still very weak and may well require another one in the next couple of days. I have not been able to spend nearly as much time as i would like with him since the school holidays started. However the artery is now much more oxygen efficient and when he does get on his feet he is much more stable. he is a fighter and amazes everyone with his determination to get better.
Good luck with Cali Grill, I am overjoyed that i managed to snag this one, and fingers crossed for the ebaying. Every time i go in the garage i spot something else to put online so will just keep at it till the last minute :goodvibes

Great up date Claire . Hope all things sell well for you on ebay.:thumbsup2

Lovely update and its fab you got Cali Grill! :banana: Were going for our anniversary for the first time :cloud9:

I wouldnt worry about the fantasmic package - if there are too shows on go to the second one its meant to be a lot quieter:thumbsup2 Were not getting it either, I didnt fancy any of the restaurants, and would be gutted if it weas cancelled after all that due to bad weather:eek: plus I don't think much of the reserved seating area. Prefer to take a pizza and cookie from counter service, get there early and get great seats in the centre of the stadium :thumbsup2

Lovely update and its fab you got Cali Grill! :banana: Were going for our anniversary for the first time :cloud9:

I wouldnt worry about the fantasmic package - if there are too shows on go to the second one its meant to be a lot quieter:thumbsup2 Were not getting it either, I didnt fancy any of the restaurants, and would be gutted if it weas cancelled after all that due to bad weather:eek: plus I don't think much of the reserved seating area. Prefer to take a pizza and cookie from counter service, get there early and get great seats in the centre of the stadium :thumbsup2

Thanks hun. I am hoping for 2 shows as well but not very common at the end of August, and you are right about the weather, i would be highly annoyed, the same thing happened on the girly tour, rained out after paying for the dinner package. will be going 90 minutes before and aiming for the opposite end to the reserved seating, i did like the view there more.

STOP THE PRESS: MINI UPDATE:confused3

i can't believe I am writing this after thinking everything was going so well this morning but Colin phoned me earlier to say his mum has been diagnosed with MRSA!! Not only that but the firm he works for lost 2 big contracts this week and his job may be hanging in the balance:scared1:
so now i am on the edge. If his mum can get well, if he keeps his job over next couple of weeks then he can go. If his mum does not improve enough he wont leave her. if he loses his job then money problems suddenly are very dire and he wont be coming.
I dont want to panic, obviously priorities have to be what is above, and things most of the time have a way of falling into place, but right at this moment I feel like having a selfish tantrum, and screaming "ITS NOT FAIR!!"
I feel like this trip is cursed to be honest. will keep you all informed

Oh dear,you have been having a rough time lately :hug:.I hope it all works out for you,not long to go now :banana:.x.

Ok disney fever has finally set in, things are looking so much more positive around here and I am starting to think that this trip is really really going to happen:woohoo:
firstly Colin has made the definite decision that he is coming:cheer2::cheer2: The suitcases came down from his loft on Sunday, he is asking me about the right thing to pack, and looking for an Ipod for the plane journey. And definitely asking the right questions, meal plans, a bit more about the rides, he has taken on board that we are going to 2 character breakfasts:lmao:, very impressed that i am taking a whole day away from the parks, and sorting out transport to Heathrow. I am allowed to be talking about the trip as a him and me trip:goodvibes
I made it to $1000!! I cant believe i did it but i did!! i had a very good ebay sale and made £180 which helped so much, and more than that a real sense of acheivement. Now i can drink my cocktails, get the kids their Goofys Candy Company treats and pay for those extra meals. What a relief:yay:

Tonight I put together my Disney planning folder finally, its all printed out. from front to back we have: e-tickets for plane, ABTA confirmation invoice, travel insurance, my disney fully paid confirmation reservation, a map of Pop Century, my customised maps of the parks from disneyworld.com, my plan for the week (which is a day by day breakdown of which park, EMH for that day and meals) and a smaller timetable version for at a glance,my ADR list with ressie numbers and my park touring plans including show times. In the past it has included print offs from the Steve Soares site and menus, but to be honest i sort of have memorised what i will be ordering, and i hardly ever carried the exact show times with me anyway so i didnt see the point:cool1:

My Ipod has been cleared and sorted with only music i actually want to listen to and has room to store the latest podcasts i will download for the plane. i am washing and ironing like a demon so it is all there to choose from. Its not me thats hard to pack for, its the kids, as they are camping in Dorset for the week and goodness knows what the weather will do so they are going to need a bit of everything. They are under order now to only wear what they dont want to take with them. Actually cara has been packed for a week already:lmao:

So the plan for this week is to get the bills sorted, attack the garden, get the school supplies and get the kids packed. Then next week the house is getting an intensive super clean from top to bottom (why I feel better doing this before I go i dont know, but I guess its so i dont walk home to a list of chores) and get me packed. We all have to be ready to walk out of this house at 6pm next friday, drop the children off at their grandparents, have a nice dinner with colin and his mum, and I may slug a large glass of wine to sedate me:cool1: We have to leave at 4am for Heathrow:scared1:saturday morning to get there for around 4:45am, and flight at 7:45am.

I did notice a slight oversight tonight when I was going through the flight details. I am going to be in Chicago airport for 3 and half hours between flights. I had it in my head it was an hour less for whatever reason. Its not the end of the world I guess, its a really nice airport and we will land 10:30 their time, take off at 14:07, so we will grab a meal, explore the stores, i dont think i care actually as i will be with Colin:cloud9:i know that sounds sickly but whereever we are we have fun and i am sure we will have a mini airport adventure:rotfl:

anyway i better get some sleep, its just so hard as i am already at that stupidly excited stage:dance3:

OOOHHH nearly forgot, i am going to do online checkin tomorrow, now i really wont get any sleep, aye curumba:headache:

So pleased that it's all come right for you in the end Claire after the last few weeks :thumbsup2

Not long now :yay:

So pleased things are finally looking good for you :) You plans sound great. I also do the super clean think too...what is with that, it always makes me feel good :)

You sound so organised with your planning folder too:)

:dance3: Woo Hoo I am so pleased that it's all on track for you both!

Not long to go! :cheer2:

Really excited for you Claire - I can feel your excitement :goodvibes

I am 2 months out and last night I had a nightmare that we hadnt done our ESTA forms but somehow we managed to get there but for some reason had run out of time and I just remember crying cause I hadn't got to go to disney :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter