The first trip of a lifetime trip report day 17

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 17 - Friday 28th August 2015 - Magic Kingdom part 1

This morning I had managed to get us a BOG breakfast reservation for 8.15. This was a late addition to the plans as reservations only became available a short while before our trip. We arrived before park opening and were allowed into the park with the rest of the crowds at about 7.50 even though our reservation wasn't the first. We followed the long line of people round to BOG and joined the queue to get in. We had pre-ordered our meals but for some reason the system had lost our drink choices and I had to add them again. The food was lovely and being in the first group allowed in we found a table easily. This shows how quiet it was when we arrived.

We got our drinks, sat down and the food soon made its way to us. This seemed like a very efficient system and was far quicker than any of the other cs restaurants we visited.

We had finished eating by about 8.35 and headed out into fantasyland. We were hoping to get in a spin on the mine train so joined what was obviously the queue. We had been waiting 10 minutes or so without moving when a cast member came along to say that they were having difficulties with mine train but had opened WTP and PP. As we had a FP for the mine train for later we headed onto Pooh which Hattie really enjoyed and then just got into the queue for PP as we saw the masses from the main entrance coming towards us.

After PP we headed round to join the queue for Merida as we knew we wanted to get some more character greets done today. There were already a number of people in the queue waiting and despite not being scheduled to come out until 9.30 we had queued and met Merida by that time.

We walked back around past the mad tea cups and saw Alice just arriving for a meet. We tried to join the queue but the man at the back told us that the CM had told him her would be the last to meet her. This seemed really quite odd as we had just seen her arrive and there were only about 2 people in front of this man in the queue, however we weren't about to waste time just in case the man was mistaken and carried on through fantasyland and rode Dumbo and Barnstormer with no queues.

Part 2
I took a few photos around the area.

Next up was the little mermaid ride with FP+, originally we had FP+ for WTP this morning but having ridden it before park opening I was able to change it on the app with no problem. This ride was nice enough but I think we were all glad we hadn't queued for it. We headed straight across for our next FP+ for the mine train. After the mine train we grabbed a snack I had been meaning to try for the whole holiday - an ice cream cookie sandwich from Sleepy Hollow.

We had some time to kill before our next FP to meet Anna and Elsa. so we played some sorcerers of the magic kingdom. The girls really loved this game and the cards made a good souvenir to bring home with us. Evie had been especially looking forward to meeting Anna and Elsa and I was so glad of the FP - the standby queue was just too long.

By the time we had finished with the ladies of the moment it was nearly 12.30 and we wanted to be back at the bottom of main street ready for Pluto and Marie to come out for their afternoon meet as we had heard that was a good time to find a shorter queue. We headed down Main Street towards the exit all very glad that we still had one more visit planned. At this point Evie was in a bit of a grump as she had taken a liking to yet another cuddly (of Dopey) and I had told her to wait and see if she still wanted it tomorrow.

We got ourselves into the empty queue for pluto and were done and into the queue for Marie before there was a chance for a queue to form.

We headed to grab some more sorcerer cards when one of the girls noticed that Dopey was out meeting with Snow White. Now you may remember from earlier in the report that Snow White has been Evie's favourite film since she was very small and Dopey is her favourite dwarf. We tried to get in the queue but were told it was closed. I was just thinking to myself that we were bound to have a major meltdown given Evie's earlier upset when the kind CM told us what time to come back to meet them again. We were really wanting to get back for a rest but we couldn't deny Evie the chance to meet Dopey so we killed time until it was time to get in the queue. We didn't want to be near the front as we had been warned that Dopey might not been out to start with but would join Snow White later. In the end they came out together and this meet was the highlight of Evie's holiday.

A little later than planned we headed back to OKW, arriving about 2.30pm. The girls swam and I did just a little bit more of the packing :(.
It wasn't long and we were heading back out to Saana. This was one of the meals I was looking forward to the most and it didn't let us down. Somehow at the beginning of the meal Robyn managed to knock an entire pint of coke into her lap :scared1: so she spent the meal feeling damp and sticky. I wished the ground would swallow me up as it created quite a scene:eek: . We left a bit extra tip for our waitress at this one as an apology for the mess! I loved AKL and am a bit sad that we won't ever be able to justify the cost of staying there because they don't have ordinary rooms for 5.

After finishing our meal we popped into Downtown Disney to finish spending our gift card and to pick up a last few souvenirs and gifts. We saved some cs credits for our last couple of days but swapped 10 credits for 30 snacks in Goofy's candy co to bring home and got ourselves a treat each for breakfast the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter