The first Resort you stayed at?

Our first trip to Disney we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas and LOVED it!:love: It was the best week ever! Since then, we tried the Poly and while it was beautiful and we had a nice week, we have stayed 3 more times at the Boardwalk. Nothing compares to the "home" feeling I get when I walk into the doors at the Boardwalk:cloud9:

My first stay was at CBR with my parents, I loved WDW but hated the long walk to and from the food court. We were in the furthest away rooms.I have never stayed in CBR again. I found my home when my husband and I went to AKL for our honeymoon. We bought into AKV/DVC whilst there. I have never stayed in another property I have like as much.

The first resort I stayed at was Ft. Wilderness Resort in a cabin in 1986. I was 13, so I remember some things, but not a lot of details. I know that I got a cool sweatshirt with Musket Mickey on it & I'm sure it's buried somewhere in my parent's house, along with the EPCOT mug that I bought with my own money. I think I'll go on a treasure hunt when I go back to my parent's house!

The first (and only so far) resort I've stayed in as an adult is Contemporary Resort on TPV, Atrium Club Level. DH has promised DD that we will go back to WDW someday & I've told her we'll stay in a different hotel. She wants to go back to CR!

DH & DD were spoiled on their first trip by being on the monorail & being able to walk back & forth to MK. I want to stay at the values next time to save money, but I don't know if I can convice DH or not.

I have a short bucket list, but on the list is to stay at every WDW resort hotel (not including villas, Swan or Dolphin). I want to start at values & work my way back up through moderates, then deluxe.

Our first stay was back in '97 & we stayed at was once the Travelodge (Disney Village). We took our 13 year old niece and our oldest DD who was 2 at the time (our youngest wasn't even a thought yet). Our fondest memory wasn't of the hotel but rather seeing the look on my DD's face when she saw her first character - priceless! Our "not so fondest memory" was of the Brazilian tour groups - we went over the 4th of July week and I swore NEVER again...lol!! Since then, we've gone back & have stayed at ASMu; POP; Coronado, AKL and BC. By far, we LOVE the BC (planning to go back this August) but would stay at Coronado in a heartbeat.

Our first resort was "Dixie Landings" :lovestruc and after all the resorts we stayed at since and enjoyed....POR still holds a big ole place in our hearts!

The Polynesian. I had never been to WDW as a child. I relied on WDW.com to choose my resort. It was between GF and Poly. Poly won because of the tropical and laid back look. The amenities seemed to be a perfect fit for our family. We were not disappointed. We have since stayed there 3 more times. Love the Poly! Actually staying again this Summer!

My first visit was a split stay at the WL & Poly. While I enjoyed both- Poly resonates more in my memory. I have never gone back to either. Come to think of it, I have yet to go back to any one resort. My top choice now is the Boardwalk or Beach Club, but I am excited to try AKL as well as BLT too.

POLY :thumbsup2
To this day my sister and I hold a special place in our hearts for the Poly. When we were younger, for our first trip, our parents woke us up early one morning and asked if we wanted to go to Disney World. We stayed there many times after, and visit each trip we take now. We still say there is a "Poly smell" we love (I think it might be the stale waterfall water :lmao:). It makes me happy each time I'm there.

My first resort was Caribbean Beach in 1998. I liked it, but I'm not dying to go back. I did choose that resort again in 2004 because, at the time, I had no interest in staying at CSR or POR, and I had just stayed at POFQ.

I would stay at CBR again, but not for a long time. There are too many other resorts I want to stay at. I also am not a fan of the newer room decor (even though I love Nemo).

The first place we ever stayed was POR and I loved the hotel, we stayed there another year also after that but I wont say I HAVE to go back there. It was nice, but any place in Disney is ok with me~!!!!;)

My first onsite stay was for our Honeymoon in 1987 - we stayed at the Disney Inn. We had wanted the Poly or CR, but they were both booked.

We loved our stay at the Disney Inn and are sorry we won't be able to stay there again (we are not military).

Since then, we've stayed at POFQ, CBR and Pop. We will be staying at CSR for our upcoming 25th anniversary trip and are very excited. :cool1: Hope that one day we can afford a deluxe stay!

The first time we went to wdw 2006 took our grandbaby for her 5th birthday, stayed at cr on the 14th floor looking at mk. She thought the whole place was there to celebrate her birthday.it was great. We went back in 08, it was still great and in 2011 stayed fort wl. Will not do that one again. Cr 14th floor looking at mk will be our again some day....

First trip was to Dixie Landings (now POR) and only a small portion of the resort was up and running.....it was so awesome with all of the new employees being so friendly and helpful and staying in a brand new room....we stayed there again later but then our family outgrew the mods (which were considered "budget" then for $74/night)....;)

A pp mentioned the Magic Kingdom Club....you were automatically a MKC member if you purchased even one share of Disney stock...there was a special telephone # to call (the office was in CA) to make your reservations through them and they offered great discounts.....this was back in the days before PIN codes....and before 180+ ADRs......:love:

Great thread!

The first time we stayed on property was in 1989 at the CBR shortly after it opened. We were in the Martinque area so were close to the food court and main pool. I remember being blown away at the time by the check-in area which I found to be very elaborate. We also have good memories of bringing back kids' breakfasts to the room that included special pins. And the grounds were just so perfectly manicured and lush.

We've been DVC for 19 years now so probably won't go back, but it was definitely a special trip.

My first onsite stay was for our Honeymoon in 1987 - we stayed at the Disney Inn. We had wanted the Poly or CR, but they were both booked.

We loved our stay at the Disney Inn and are sorry we won't be able to stay there again (we are not military).
QUOTE]

We stayed at the Disney Inn in 1993. I loved that place. It was the first time we stayed for an entire week! We had a room on the first floor that walked out to the quiet pool. I'm sorry we won't be able to stay there again, too.

POFQ, however when we stayed it was Port Orleans. We had a fantastic stay; but my goal is to stay at as many of the WDW resorts possible before I get too old to travel. We were at PORS for five nights in January and we walked to the FQ to see it again and to eat at the food court. Brought back some very good memories.

Yea. It was 1971 fort wilderness just opened. Parents rented a popup and my brother and I were staying in a tent (which was cool since i was 2). In the morning you woke up to the sounds of the steam train and horn from the launches. It was a cool time in history. People were so much different in the 70s... Disney had a old (1920s) truck that went around the loops selling Disney stuff and my dad got me a Tigger...(still have it)...it's 41 yrs old now. We always make it a point to visit FW every time we go. Don't go around the loops anymore but we like to just sit on the porch at the tavern and just relax. I am not sure but I think a site was $9 a night at that time and a book of MK tickets were in the teens. Still have two full books, probably from ~1974 since they went to an all park single ticket sometime 1975-1976...

We also stayed at CBR for our first family trip and it was in mid-November 1990 with almost no one around so we felt like we had the place to ourselves. The parks were very uncrowded until the Monday of Thanksgiving week so it was truly a trip we have never forgotten and I think I still go back, trying to recapture that special feeling!

Awww...I like this topic :hug:

My first onsite stay was at Pop for one night. We always stayed timeshare offsite until that trip. Never again did we go back to offsite stays. Our first real resort stay was at POFQ during that next trip and yes, it still holds a very sentimental place in our hearts. So many memories at POFQ from our evening strolls, to surviving a hurricane, to coming back late from the Adventurer’s Club and laughing all the way down the corridor. (sorry if we happened to wake you that night...too many Kungalooshes!)

I'm thankful DH and I have been able to stay at so many WDW resorts and now eventually owning DVC.

Does it hold a magical place in your heart that others just can't touch?

... SO now whenver we think of planning another trip - even though we've stayed at other resorts since and loved them all - we both just want to book Jambo House all the time!

(Well, i would stay back at GF RPC - but I'd rather not bankrupt us :rotfl:)

I feel guilty for not trying other places too, but I just loooooooove AKL.

Are you the same with the first resort you stayed at?

First stayed at WL back in '95 and that's how/why I started doing split stays .... always wanted to try something new but felt something was missing if I didn't saty at the WL .... SO Split Stays were the answer for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter