The First 2 Hour Evening Extra Magic Hours

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by WEDWDW, Dec 29, 2012.

1. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

It will be Friday at Epcot.
    http://wdwent.com/

It looks very "strange" seeing 9:00 PM-11:00 PM instead of 9:00 PM-12:00 AM.

Do you think there is ANY hope the Extra Magic Hours program will "survive" the rollout of FASTPASS+ or has the decision to eventually pahse out EMH entirely already been made?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

I agree it will be weird to have such short EMH now :rolleyes1 Heck, I am still upset that they discontinued the characters at night time EMH :furious:

4. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Both of these ideas bum me out!

5. Keegansmommy

Keegansmommy Mouseketeer

No characters at EMH?? :furious:

I hope they don't get rid of them...isn't that a big thing they push about staying at a Disney resort? I LOVE EMH!

6. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

I don't hold out much hope that EMH will survive. I'd like to think it will - without EMH the park hours at the times of year we go are just painfully short for a family of night owls like mine! - but realistically all signs point to FP+ being the new onsite perk once it is fully functional.

7. nicki.momof3

nicki.momof3 Addicted to Disney Vacations

I would be so bummed if it was phased out. I LOVE EMH. We only travel peak holiday weeks and EMH really make the high crowds managable.

We get up early - hit EMH AM
    Go back for a nap / swim
    Stay up late for EMH PM. Sometime during holidays that is until 2am.

8. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Just once, I want to see a liar's pants on fire.

1) I can see 1-hr early morning EMH.
    2) I think after-hours EMH is going away.

9. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

I would find it hard to believe that the two are connected. Shortening EMH by an hour was a business decision. While there are plenty of visitors passionate about staying to close during EMH, my experience has been that during the last hour CMs outnumber guests.

10. mvazul

mvazul DIS Veteran

We have been told EMH is being phased out. At least for the "slower" times of the year. One night, there were 31 people TOTAL at EPCOT. I'm sure those people had a great time, but it doesn't make sense to keep EMH when there are more Cast Members than guests.

11. kennythepirate

kennythepirate The original Character Locator

Only EPCOT offers characters for Late EMH and it's 3 characters at the Character Spot and HS offers the Disney Jr Dance Party. MK phased them out in 2011. AK did away with it's Late EMH entirely.