The Family That Runs Together...Vacations Together-A May 2012 PTR *5/12

LOVED the vinylmations!! They are so cute. You showed GREAT restraint by not ripping into that package the moment it arrived!!! wow!

That's awesome for another trip to Disney! YAY for you!!!:banana: i can't beleive how easy that was too!!! lol. Hmmmm, I think I will try the same thing with DH tonight ;) I'll let you know how it goes but I already know It will either be a laugh or a look like "are you insane?!?!" haha. Not that he doesn't LOVE to go - he does but it's the cost for us to get there that kills us.

It was hard not to open the box, that's for sure!

There's no way Alex and I would be able to go to WDW as much as we do if we didn't live a day's carride away. But we figure here before too long we'll be moving and with jobs and life getting in the way, there'll come a time when we won't be able to go for years. So, we're just enjoying it while we can. :goodvibes

The vinylmations are so cute!

Disney during the holidays is unbelievable--Absolutely beautiful! :)

There's nothing better than WDW during the holidays, especially if you're like me and love the season to begin with. Even though we went to WDW for part of our Disneymoon, our December 2010 trip is still our favorite, partly because of all the festivities.

I like your Vinylmation collection! I'm starting to get too many now so I've started trading some of my best ones. It helps to think of some kid out there getting it and loving it as much as me. I haven't managed to let go of my Buzz Lightyear yet.

Exciting news about maybe going back in December! The Christmas stuff at Disney World is the best.:goodvibes

That's a good way to look at it. Our display case can hold 24 Vinylmations, so I told DH that that is our limit. Once we reach it, it's strictly trading. We went a little nuts with pins and now I have to get a second laynard; I don't want the same thing to occur with Vinymations. :laughing:

Love your arrival day plans! So exciting!

Love that Disney box your stuff came in....only Disney knows how to do it right! Those vinylmations are super cute!

They really do everything the best. We think the Vinymations are cool, as well, which threw our plans to trade them out the window. :rotfl:

Yay on the package finally arriving! :cool1: Love the message on the box.

Great vinylmations and woohoo on having a year of Disney! :yay:

I was beginning to wonder if our package would ever arrive, it took about half a month! But now that we have our purchases, I am happy.

I am really looking forward to our Year of Disney. It'll probably be the only time in our life that we can do it, so I'm going to make the most of the oppurtunity. :wizard:

Yay for your new Vinylmations! :cool1: I love the display case you have for them!

And YAY for maybe a December trip! :dance3: It's such an awesome time to be at WDW!

Yay for your new Vinylmations! :cool1: I love the display case you have for them!

And YAY for maybe a December trip! :dance3: It's such an awesome time to be at WDW!

Thanks, I saw a picture of the case on the DIS Unplugged page and showed Alex, and within a week we had made a trip to Michael's to buy one. :rotfl:

December is my absolute favorite time to visit WDW!

Saturday, May 5th (First Full Day) Plans:

This is going to be a really exciting/busy day for the three of us. I’m hoping I’m not overshooting with our plans, but it’s possible I might be.

Knowing my mother, she’ll probably wake up with the sun, whereas Alex and I will sleep in as late as we can. I figure I’ll get up around 7 o’clock, text my mother to see where she’s at (which I’m 99% sure will be sitting by the surf board pool drinking her coffee and either talking to her sister on the phone or reading a novel.)

After Alex and I get ready, we will meet my mom by the food court, I’ll grab a cup of coffee for myself.

Image1-8.jpg

Anyone who’s read my May 2011 PTR knows that I think the coffee at the food court is heavenly. It’s not too strong and always tastes faintly of chocolate. :cloud9:

I couldn’t ask for anything better to wake me up while at WDW.

Around 8:25, the three of us will pile into my mom’s car (Alex driving….my mom and I are more than happy to let Alex chauffer us around for a few days.) and head over to the Ticket and Transportation Center.

And this time we won’t get lost.

Hopefully.:lmao:

After parking, we will take my mom on her first ever monorail ride!

She’ll settle down, listen to the recording, watch as we leave the station, sit back, relax, and…

Get off at the first stop, the Polynesian Resort.

It’ll be a really exciting first time experience.

:rolleyes:

We have a 9:30 breakfast ADR at:

Image2-7.jpg

Kona! But I want to get there at least half an hour early so that we can show my mom around the resort. I think the place is absolutely beautiful, and I want to let my mom see that the Disney magic extends everywhere, even to the places people sleep.

At our first ADR of the trip, all of us will probably order the Big Kahuna platter. Sorry Tonga Toast, I just can’t pass up the macadamia nut pancakes again.

By around 10:45/11:00 o’clock breakfast will be over, and then the real fun will begin.

We’re going to hop back on the monorail, point out the wedding pavilion and the Grand Floridian, and then get off when we arrive at:

Image4-6.jpg

Magic Kingdom!

It took me awhile to decide if I wanted to go to a park on race day, and I thought it’d be easier on my mom to not deal with weekend crowds, but I couldn’t get last year’s regret out of my head. Alex and I thought it would be better to just hang out in DTD for a few hours, and I ended up wishing I were riding rides, and it made me really restless.

So, I figured the best thing for a first time runner would be to distract her so she doesn’t think about how nervous she is.

Besides, a daughter can only wait so long to take her mom to THE park and watch her take in the castle and music and the smells.

I’m sitting at my desk, just imagining what it’s going to be like when we step onto Main Street. With my eyes closed, I can just envision the Emporium on my left, with its whitewashed walls lighting up the day and Casey's Corner up ahead, it's door open and inviting. The castle straight ahead, looming over us. The sounds of adults and kids shouting exclamations, strollers being pushed along the sidewalk, music floating out above foreign languages, laughter, PP Photographers. The smell of popcorn wafting under my nose, and, in my imagination, the water on Pirates making its way to my spot near the hub.

I want to take it incredibly easy this day, because it’d be just plain dumb to exhaust ourselves before we have to run 3.1 miles.

Alex will check his phone and see if this ride has a fairly short wait:

Image5-5.jpg

I think the three of us would be willing to wait in a 40 minute line, but I seriously doubt it will be that short in the middle of a Saturday.

One can hope, though, right?:confused3

Space Mountain is really the only attraction I have on my To-Do list for this day. I am hoping we can all hit the rides we aren’t super fond of and take it really slow.

For example, I’d be pretty happy if we got to do:

Mickey’s Philarmagic
Pirates of the Caribbean
Hall of Presidents
Jungle Cruise

If we get to do more, great. If not, I’m not going to cry about it.

This day is more about taking in Magic Kingdom, getting some nice pictures of the park, enjoying the fact that we’re in the happiest place on earth.

It’s one of the few days where I have an open itinerary. (In short, one of the few days where my mom or Alex can pick what to do.:rotfl2:)

While we’re there, we might grab a snack, maybe a Mickey Ice Cream Bar or an Ice Cream Float, but I know last year that Kona breakfast kept me pretty full.

I am hoping to stay in Magic Kingdom until 3:30, but, once again, I don’t want to tire everyone out.

Taking the monorail back to the TTC, we’ll drive back to All Star Sports and take a nap. I have a really hard time sleeping in the middle of the day, so I’m sure I’ll just doze for a little while, but I know for a fact Alex and my mom will take the opportunity to catch up on some Zzzz’s.

Around 5:30/6:00 o’clock, we will all go to the one place Alex requested we eat.

Pop Century food court.

I know, I know, you’re thinking, “What?”

Trust me, it’s a little crazy to me, too, yet pretty understandable.

We’ll drive to Pop Century, go to the food court, and we will all order the chicken alfredo dinner.

Then, Alex will get his favorite dessert in all of WDW:

Image6-5.jpg

The Tye-Dye Cheesecake. :lovestruc

Alex doesn’t even like cheesecake, but he loves this one! Last October, we used our last snack credit to buy one for the carride home, just because Alex wanted to have it one more time.

There have been several occasions where Alex has made the offhand comment, “You know, Disney should just have a delivery service that ships that cake to people’s homes.” :sad2:

With that much adoration for a dessert, I couldn’t NOT let him get a piece. And, really, it’s not that big a deal. We’d order the chicken alfredo dinner if we were at All Star Sports, so the only difference is we have to drive a couple minutes.

And I’m pretty sure we can do this. I mean, we’ll have a parking pass for All Star Sports, but why would they care if we were at Pop for awhile. And the Dining Plan is applicable everywhere.

It’s these little thoughts that nag at me and cause unnecessary stress.

In addition to eating, I’ll show my mom around Pop, let her see all the statues and the colorful buildings.

Maybe look over the lake to the new Art of Animation resort.

After dinner, we’ll head BACK to ASSp and watch tv or read for an hour or so.

About 8:15, the three of us will drive over to Animal Kingdom and participate in the Expedition Everest 5K!!!:yay:

The race begins at 9:30pm and the after-party lasts until 2:30am (it might be 1:30, I am not 100% sure). I am hoping be finished with the race and boarding Everest by 11:00, so I’m sure by 1 o’clock all of us will be more than ready to get back to the resort and pass out.

I’m positive that I’ll talk about the race more in-depth later on, so I’m just going to pass over it this update. But as for the after-party, I really only have 1 must-do.

Which is:

Everest at night!!!!:woohoo:

This is my 3rd favorite attraction at WDW, and after the race is the only time I can do it.

I enjoy Everest during the day, but I could pass on it and be content.

Not at night, though. It’s absolutely incredible, and this time around, I’m going to take some pictures to capture the amazingness of it.

I’m sure I’ll go on it at least 3 times, possibly more if I can. The later the party gets, the less people are in the park, and last year, it was always walk-on.

Walk-on for Everest at night…

It makes my heart sing just thinking about it.

I suppose at some point during the party, my mom and Alex are going to insist that I go on that horribly scary….no, no, scratch that….horribly terrifying ride known as Dinosaur.

It makes me a little angry to know that a Disney ride can make a full grown woman scared silly, especially because A) my favorite movie genre is horror and B) I love dinosaurs, but it's the truth!

I feel ridiculous cowering in my seat, hands over my ears, eyes shut tight.

But what can you do?:confused3

Well, to wrap up, that’s our first full day’s plans. Really busy, but I’m hoping it’s going to be one of those days we remember for a long time to come.

Next update I’m going to post pictures and talk about Alex and I’s first ever Disney movie themed night!

so the cheesecake is THAT good huh??? lol. Now i'm curious ;)

Maybe there's a small chance i'll see you leaving Kona while we are arriving??? If not maybe at packet pick up? or at the Race? or at the post race party??? LOL> Our paths will be crossing so much that I will be surprised if we don't see each other at some point! lol. Just watch for my red hair and my teenage daughter at my side. That will give us away :goodvibes

It's good to hear from someone with experience what time to head to the park - I hadn't thought about that yet as it's like Day 10 or our trip! I don't want to be too early to be anxious but not sure how much time will be needed to park, drop off bag and get in place.

Your day does sound full but you have a rest break so you'll be fine - hopefully you'll be able to get in a snooze. I know there is NO way i will be able to snooze that day so i opted to make it a sleep in day - which is why we have a later ressie at Kona.

Anyway, looks good!!! Can't wait to see where i'll run into you. lol

Lol I'm with you on sleeping in as long as possible though at the minute can't seem to do that! :lmao:

Mmm coffee...think I need to make myself another cup in a bit.

Great plans and not long until you get to envision your dream ;)

Race day plans sound good! :)

I LOVE Everest--It must be awesome at night! I'm not sure I've ever ridden it so late, since AK usually closes earlier.

I love some cheesecake, though I'm not sure I can get past all those colors to try eating the tye-dyed cheesecake!

Race day sounds awesome! It's been so long since I've ridden Everest at night and it's so much more fun that way. You do know the dinosaurs are animatronic, right? :rotfl:

We drive and visit other resorts all the time. The only time you really need to worry is if it's a MK resort and you're planning on parking there all day. Pop Century for dinner wouldn't be a problem at all. I love that tie dye cheesecake, too.

so the cheesecake is THAT good huh??? lol. Now i'm curious ;)

Maybe there's a small chance i'll see you leaving Kona while we are arriving??? If not maybe at packet pick up? or at the Race? or at the post race party??? LOL> Our paths will be crossing so much that I will be surprised if we don't see each other at some point! lol. Just watch for my red hair and my teenage daughter at my side. That will give us away :goodvibes

It's good to hear from someone with experience what time to head to the park - I hadn't thought about that yet as it's like Day 10 or our trip! I don't want to be too early to be anxious but not sure how much time will be needed to park, drop off bag and get in place.

Your day does sound full but you have a rest break so you'll be fine - hopefully you'll be able to get in a snooze. I know there is NO way i will be able to snooze that day so i opted to make it a sleep in day - which is why we have a later ressie at Kona.

Anyway, looks good!!! Can't wait to see where i'll run into you. lol

As far as arriving at the race, they ask people to line up in the corrals about 30 minutes before the race start, but if you aren't anxious to be at the front of your wave, you can wait a few minutes. (Alex and I took one last restroom break and lined up about 10 minutes before the start.) We didn't do bag drop, but the line looked about 10 minutes long, so as long as you're there by 8:45, you should be fine.
Of course, getting there early gives you a chance to see people's costumes and listen to the speaker, etc, etc.

Yeah, I'm sure our paths will cross at some point. Most likely at Kona. If I see you and your family, I'll be sure to say hello. (Just probably expect a quick pic so that I can write about it in my TR!:lmao:)

Lol I'm with you on sleeping in as long as possible though at the minute can't seem to do that! :lmao:

Mmm coffee...think I need to make myself another cup in a bit.

Great plans and not long until you get to envision your dream ;)

It's crazy, most pople love to sleep in late on their vacations, but I seem to always be waking up at my normal time while at WDW. :confused3 (Of course, Alex has to get up at 3:15am for work, so getting to sleep until 7 IS a vacation to him.:laughing:)

Race day plans sound good! :)

I LOVE Everest--It must be awesome at night! I'm not sure I've ever ridden it so late, since AK usually closes earlier.

I love some cheesecake, though I'm not sure I can get past all those colors to try eating the tye-dyed cheesecake!

I'd never ridden Everest at night for that very reason, which is why I love to participate in this particular race. It's the only time I get to see AK so late.

The tye-dye cheesecake is delicious...but I have to agree with you...eating all those colors is not fun. I remember taking the first bite and going, "Wait! Oh no!" It's impossible not to get the dye all over your tongue and mouth. :eek:

Race day sounds awesome! It's been so long since I've ridden Everest at night and it's so much more fun that way. You do know the dinosaurs are animatronic, right? :rotfl:

We drive and visit other resorts all the time. The only time you really need to worry is if it's a MK resort and you're planning on parking there all day. Pop Century for dinner wouldn't be a problem at all. I love that tie dye cheesecake, too.

I tell myself that everytime I go on that ride. Maybe this time my common sense will overrule my fear and get that message through my brain.:rotfl2:

I didn't think we'd have an issue with parking at Pop, but I kind of like to stress over the little details such as that.

May 5 is our arrival day, and we'll most likely be in Epcot all day, so there's one day out that we won't see you guys! :sad2: I was maybe possibly considering going to AK for a little while that day, but it all depends on when our room is ready.

Your plans sound great! I don't think it's weird that you are going to Pop to eat, I love their food court, the chicken alfredo is SO good, and that cheesecake-:worship:!

I'm so jealous you get to go to AK so late and ride EE in the dark! I wish I could train for the 5K so I could do it this year, but there's just not enough time left. I'm down to 10 weeks for our trip, I'd have to go crazy and do the Couch to 5K perfectly, and when I tried it last year, there were a few weeks that I got stuck on and had to do over! :confused3 :rotfl:

May 5 is our arrival day, and we'll most likely be in Epcot all day, so there's one day out that we won't see you guys! :sad2: I was maybe possibly considering going to AK for a little while that day, but it all depends on when our room is ready.

Your plans sound great! I don't think it's weird that you are going to Pop to eat, I love their food court, the chicken alfredo is SO good, and that cheesecake-:worship:!

I'm so jealous you get to go to AK so late and ride EE in the dark! I wish I could train for the 5K so I could do it this year, but there's just not enough time left. I'm down to 10 weeks for our trip, I'd have to go crazy and do the Couch to 5K perfectly, and when I tried it last year, there were a few weeks that I got stuck on and had to do over! :confused3 :rotfl:

Pop's food court is pretty nice, and I love that the gift shop is directly connected to it. Gives me a good excuse to shop after I eat. :rotfl:

I know what you mean about the C25K plan. I began it the first week of January and I'm only on Week 4. :scared1: Running just hasn't been good to me this year. Last year, Alex gave me 7 weeks to prepare for the race, and I was in such a panic. But, looking back on it, I think not having any time to get lazy helped motivate me, because I am definitely not near as productive this year. :rolleyes1

I agree, I bet you could do it nermel9!! When I tried couch to 5k in the past i found EVERY second agonizing and didn't go very long with it. When I started running this time b/c I wanted to do the EE 5K it was a whole different story!! Suddenly i was able to run 5K much more easily!! and I'm a very sedentary person usually. It's funny how something fun and exciting can make jogging feel like a totally different experience than when you don't have a goal in mind. I find I falter as I go on whereas if I started closer to the trip I would have gone all out til the race.

wanna join us now???? :laughing:
off to see your ptr - i just saw the link to it.

Hi! Followed you over here from my PTR :) I'm all caught up! Sounds like great plans so far. I followed the C25k link, going to have a read. I'd love to get in better shape and do a Disney 5k sometime, I'm definitely at the "couch" part of that though haha.
Can't wait for the rest :)

Your day sounds perfect! I'm with you on the macadamia nut pancakes at Kona....heaven on a plate...I fell in love with them last trip! We've booked to go back this trip;)

Your description of Main Street was spot on....I could just hear all the celebrations and see it right in front of me:thumbsup2

Hi! Followed you over here from my PTR :) I'm all caught up! Sounds like great plans so far. I followed the C25k link, going to have a read. I'd love to get in better shape and do a Disney 5k sometime, I'm definitely at the "couch" part of that though haha.
Can't wait for the rest :)

Thanks for reading!
I have to take the C25K plan really slowly, because I just cannot hit 3 minute, 5 minute, 7 minute marks within a few weeks.:rotfl: However, I would totally recommend a Disney 5K one day. They are so much fun that you forget you are even exercising. :laughing:

Your day sounds perfect! I'm with you on the macadamia nut pancakes at Kona....heaven on a plate...I fell in love with them last trip! We've booked to go back this trip;)

Your description of Main Street was spot on....I could just hear all the celebrations and see it right in front of me:thumbsup2

I thought about eating breakfast somewhere else, but I just couldn't pass up those pancakes. They're amazing!

I'm looking forward to being back in WDW and walking down Main Street. May seems so far away!

I have a very busy day ahead of me, but I just had to post a little update to celebrate.

I have 2 months until my WDW trip!!!:woohoo::cheer2::woohoo:

I don't know why, but hitting that 2 month mark has made the trip seem so much closer. It's reminded me that I have 8 weeks left to train for the race, which is a little stressful. I almost completed Week 4 of the C25K program, but then a torrential rainstorm hit us, preventing me from running. So it's been 3 days since I laced up my running shoes. I'm afraid to see how many steps back I fell; I'm going to have to really push myself this upcoming week if I want to make any progress. :yay:

In addition to the running panic that overcame me this morning, I also realized how quickly all those tasks on my to-do are going to pop up. Before I know it, I'll have to be buying travel-sized shampoo and sunscreen, grabbing new ponchos, creating new travel playlists for the car, and getting new clothes. :rotfl:

My mother and I are planning a big shopping trip near the end of April as a sort of reward for training for the 5K. It'll be like a pre-celebration. But unless I get my behind in gear, that'll sneak up on me and I won't be ready!

So much to do...so little time! :eek:

Hopefully, tomorrow or Tuesday I can post our 3rd day plans. It'll be another busy day, but I'm really excited for everything I hope to
accomplish. :thumbsup2

It does have a way of sneaking up on us doesn't it? I stress over the packing and buying of things before we leave, I can't imagine trying to train for a 5k race while we're there....so proud of you for doing that:hug:

Happy 2 Month mark! :)

The time does sneak away as we get closer to the trip, and inevitably, I find myself scrambling the night before to take care of things I should have taken care of weeks before!

I need to be back on the C25K program again! I got to week five before bailing last year. I've been saying I want to lose 20 lbs. before my daughter's graduation, so I really need to get moving!

:banana::woohoo::dance3::woohoo::banana:
WOO HOO!!! Celebrating the 2 month mark for you!!!!

Hope you get out running again real soon. I find that a 3 day rest isn't TOO bad but any more than that makes me all stiff again :( So I'm hoping your lil break didn't bother you.

Have lots of fun shopping :) That's on my to do list too and i can't wait to see your day 3 plans. i'll be getting my 5th day plans up this week too - maybe 5th and 6th since they are both more quieter days after 3 full days in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter