The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by *NikkiBell*, Jul 16, 2009.

1. NejTheLion

NejTheLion Jellyfish Jen

The Chef's Table is one party regardless of size. If you book, it will just be the two of you :hug:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jcondrad

jcondrad Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply!!!

4. PrincessBelle39

PrincessBelle39 DIS Veteran

We are booked for the main dining room for mid August.
    When I booked, I used my cell phone number as a contact but have decided now that when I arrive in the US I'm going to buy a new sim card which of course will change my phone number. The result being that the restaurant will not have a number to call me on prior to our reservation.
    Is it possible for me to call them and if yes, how do I contact them directly? Also, when should I do it?

5. DrGaellon

DrGaellon Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

I would call WDW-DINE as soon as you have the new number.

6. ambgoph

ambgoph Mouseketeer

Call V&A's directly (407) 939-3862.

7. JenKatt

JenKatt Geek in training

We were able to book the Chef's Table for our big trip in December!!!!

8. NejTheLion

NejTheLion Jellyfish Jen

Congrats! You'll love it :cloud9:

9. andied

andied Earning My Ears

I'm so disappointed. We weren't able to get into the Chef's Table again for our December vacation. I did book us in the Queen Vic room, but I'm still bummed that we won't be in the kitchen!

What can I look forward to in the QV room?

10. DrGaellon

DrGaellon Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

It's the same menu as the Chef's Table, just not in the kitchen.

11. Momofthreemen

Momofthreemen Earning My Ears

We have booked the Chef's Table for August 7 for our 30th anniversary. This is our Epic trip of a life time!! Just the 2 of us. :love::love:

12. Kidgoingon40

Kidgoingon40 Mouseketeer

I saw early on this thread that the restroom is not inside Victoria and Albert's. Which restroom do you use and where is it in relation to the restaurant? Thanks!! :)

13. marshwiggle

marshwiggle Mouseketeer

They're inside the restaurant, just not adjacent to the dining room - they're off of the lobby/podium area.
    If you're doing the chef's table, this means you'll need to cross through the dining room to use them.

14. Kidgoingon40

Kidgoingon40 Mouseketeer

Oh, okay. Thanks! :)

15. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

This is correct. Keep in mind that even the main dining room is a fairly small section so its not a very long walk anyway.

16. NejTheLion

NejTheLion Jellyfish Jen

The QV room also comes with some French tableside service moments. A few of the dishes will be plated (and sometimes even cooked) right in front of you.

I enjoy both experiences tremendously, but the QV room is more romantic whereas the Chef's Table is more interesting.

The only thing that bums me out about the QV room is that if our favorite servers have been requested for the Chef's Table that night, they won't be able to serve us in the QV room. But they do usually find time to bring in one dish so we can say hi :)

17. MartyM

MartyM Mouseketeer

For anyone who has done V&A as a solo, do you recommend it? Would you do it again?

I'll have 2 nights between my DM's departure and my DBF's arrival. Neither is interested in V&A's, so I wondered about doing it solo.

18. Tink rules

Tink rules <font color=teal>The kids in my family sometimes t

I've done it... they make you feel very comfortable. I'd do it. Especially if it is something that you want to do and the others don't.

19. dreamscometrue101

dreamscometrue101 Mouseketeer

My husband and I are going to the World in August 2013 for our 5th anniversary and I'm hoping to make it a super special/romantic trip.

I've already told him that we're doing V&A and I'm hoping we can get Chef's Table for the night we plan.

My question is in regards to the wine pairings. My DH can't have any alcohol at all, and I know they can arrange that in the dishes without a problem. My issue is that I would like the wine pairing, but obviously DH can not join me. I'm assuming it's ok for one of us to have the Pairing and the other not to, but I just want to confirm this.

20. BC1836

BC1836 DIS Veteran

No problem. On our last V&A visit in March, we only had a wine pairing for one.

All the best. :thumbsup2

21. Kidgoingon40

Kidgoingon40 Mouseketeer

Thank you :) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have to go into the lobby area or something...lol :rolleyes1