The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Two weeks 5 days! All fast passes made, dinner reservations made. Tolietries bought and stuffed away in a suitcase. Rental car reserved, hotel booked. Basically everything done. ARGGG.... nothing else to do but wait and am driving myself CRAZY. LOL Maybe I need xanax. HA

We have 40 days as of today... I'm very pear shaped. 316lbs with most of it around my hips lower belly and tush. Not too worried about riding stuff; maybe just a lil apprehensive though...

I have searched the threads and didn't find anything, forgive me if this has already been asked. But does Madam Malkin's at Universal Studios (Harry Pottery) carry plus sized robes? Like 3x?

Sandals??? I'm sure this has been discussed, but I haven't made it through reading all posts yet. I know a lot of people love the Keens sandals (specifically the Newport), but they don't come in wide width. Is there a good, supportive sandal you love that comes in wide width? I am prone to plantar fasciitis so if I am going to try a sandal, it needs to be very supportive. Normally, I wear Brooks Ariel running shoes with an insert, but I'm just worried about my feet getting too hot and wet.

I've had very good luck with SAS, ECCO, and Earth origins. I also have wide feet and can't stand cramped toes. The SAS feel like you're wearing comfy slippers all day and rarely need a lot of breaking in time either. My last pair lasted almost 4 years and I'm 265lb and walk and hike A LOT. They aren't cheap but I certainly got my money's worth out of them.

ECCO and Earth Origins are both comfortable too but don't hold up quite as long. I get about a year's worth of wear out of either brand.

Sneakers are a love/hate thing for me. I love them when I can find a good pair that fits, but I tend to destroy them in 2-3 months on average and I hate show shopping.

We are exactly a month out from our trip and I am confident about everything except Sum of All Thrills which is what DD wants to ride more than anything with me. I know they have a test seat and last time (2012) I did not fit in it, but I think I was bigger then...not sure. Can anyone who has ridden it or not been able to do the test seat post here? I am 5'4" and currently 270 pounds...3x top (mostly) and 20-22 pants. I would just like to be able to give her a more definite doubt it, but I'll try if it really looks unlikely.
You should definitely be able to ride. The first time I went on it I was just about the same size. I fit. A little cramped, but fun. If you have the time and money, I would also go to quest in Disney Springs. They have a virtual space mountain that is awesome. If you like Sum of all thrills anyway. Enjoy your trip.

I am pooh sized as well, and usually avoid messenger-style bags at all costs. The split-boob isn't worth it, and half the time the bag ends up in my armpit instead of along my hip. I also have found a cream called 3B, which works pretty well to prevent chaffing. I found it at Walmart for under $5 for the tube, and it works wonders!

Love this thread! I'm going in 5 days.. :yay: I really wanted to do design a tee but I was afraid that they wouldn't have a good size selection. I'm going to try it out now! I do wish that Disney had a bigger selection of plus-sized merchandise. It's very disheartening not to be able to find fun Disney shirts/sweatshirts in big sizes. I can't wear "mens" style t-shirts. I look goofy (LOL) because the sleeves fall so long and then the shirt is too tight across my boobs! why can't anyone design t-shirts for plus sized!

Love this thread! I'm going in 5 days.. :yay: I really wanted to do design a tee but I was afraid that they wouldn't have a good size selection. I'm going to try it out now! I do wish that Disney had a bigger selection of plus-sized merchandise. It's very disheartening not to be able to find fun Disney shirts/sweatshirts in big sizes. I can't wear "mens" style t-shirts. I look goofy (LOL) because the sleeves fall so long and then the shirt is too tight across my boobs! why can't anyone design t-shirts for plus sized!
Be sure to look at the wall, they have shirts there to show the sizes. Have fun! Our Design a Tee are our favorite souvenirs!!

I don't know what size you are looking for, but just make sure to look. Some stores have clothes up to 4x. Especially some of the resort stores. Enjoy your trip.

Just returned yesterday :( Withdrawals! I was fine to ride everything, though we didn't attempt the HP rides at US. I fit in the 7dmt which was the one I was really worried about. The bar went down and I am a size 28+ and carry most of my weight in my legs/thighs/rear. It was extremely uncomfortable though, so I was able to squeeze one leg out from under the bar and over to the other side (no one next to me). A CM saw and told me both had to be under, so I put it back in, but then took it out again when the ride took off. I imagine had I kept it under, I would have been in bad pain and seriously bruised up though. Such a fun ride!

The tip about the Gold Bond foot spray EVERYWHERE was a life saver! It really works! I sprayed under *ahem* body parts and in creases/folds and had no trouble with sweating and rash in those areas. The frog togg too really helped with the heat a couple of the hot days we were there.

Another tip I don't remember seeing on here is that if you are going to the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show at HS, make sure you arrive early. We arrived right as it was starting and they were directing people over to the stairs to try to get everyone in quicker. I would have been fine going up one flight, but got that far and saw a CM at the very TOP wanting everyone to climb up there. I told DH I would never make it that many flights, so we had to go back down in a mass of people climbing up. There is an elevator there, but there were several wheelchairs waiting to use it. We ended up going back to the front and just going up the few steps there as we were originally doing and sat right behind the handicapped row. So, if you have a hard time with stairs like I do, save yourself the stair obstacle and just arrive early!

DH and I leave for our DISNEYMOON in 10 days and this whole thread has given me so much peace of mind. I am 5'9 283 apple shaped and DH is 5'11 and 320. I was very scared until I read this. I can not wait to get on rides and experience the magic of Disney. Neither of us have ever been to Disney. This is also our first trip. Thank you everyone. :dogdance:

Congratulations, relax-have fun and enjoy every second. Don't forget to stop and take it all in. We were there in July and even today I looked at pics and think I don't remember that!

DH and I leave for our DISNEYMOON in 10 days and this whole thread has given me so much peace of mind. I am 5'9 283 apple shaped and DH is 5'11 and 320. I was very scared until I read this. I can not wait to get on rides and experience the magic of Disney. Neither of us have ever been to Disney. This is also our first trip. Thank you everyone. :dogdance:

You will not have one single problem on anything! Have fun!

I read the whole stop and take it all in so many times today. I cancelled a few things left us hours of nothing to do but roam. To just look around and relax. I am an early bird even on vacation. I can't wait to get a jog in before my hubs wakes up. Just take in the peace and quiet of Disney. Thanks for your kind words. I can't wait.

I am overweight (~size 22) and never have trouble fitting into things at Disney. I've read a good bit about being "pooh sized" at Universal, so I'm prepared for what I can and cannot ride there. However, I haven't read anything about being overweight at Legoland. Will I be able to ride things with my son?(Coastersaurus, Project X, and The Dragon specifically). Anyone have experience with this and wouldn't mind sharing?

Thank you!

I am overweight (~size 22) and never have trouble fitting into things at Disney. I've read a good bit about being "pooh sized" at Universal, so I'm prepared for what I can and cannot ride there. However, I haven't read anything about being overweight at Legoland. Will I be able to ride things with my son?(Coastersaurus, Project X, and The Dragon specifically). Anyone have experience with this and wouldn't mind sharing?

Thank you!

I thought I would reply to my own post with my LEGOLAND experience, in case it would help someone else. As stated, I'm around a size 22, with most of my weight carried in my stomach area. I was able to ride Project X without any trouble. I was able to ride Flying School as well, though it did require a second employee to buckle the safety belt while the first kind of squished me into the harness. They were very nice about it, but it was definitely only something I would want to ride once. I let my son ride a few more times by himself--I didn't want to have to go through the experience of getting buckled in again.

Coastersaurus was a no go for me. I was too big for the bar to catch. Honestly, that was okay because the amount of leg room in the car is ridiculous--I'm 5'2 and felt like my knees were in my throat. Not sure how tall people do it. The bad thing about this was that after they told me I couldn't ride, I had to step over my son to get to the platform on the exiting side of the coaster. This was fairly awkward, just because it was hard to do. Also, I'm not easily embarrassed over my weight (I figure that it isn't exactly a secret that I'm overweight, so I try not to let me bother me), but I did hear someone on the ride make a comment that I had to get off because I didn't fit. I don't think they were trying to be mean, but that was a bit embarrassing.

Dragon was also a no go--there sign states that there is a 330lb weight limit per car. Between myself and my son, we were pretty much at that limit, so I didn't want to chance it. Looking back on it, I could have just ridden in my own car. They would have let me and it would not have been a big deal, but I was kind of roller coastered out by that point in the day, so I just let him ride by himself.

All in all, we had a great day at LEGOLAND. It isn't Disney, but it was a nice little park. While I had issues with fitting on some of the coasters, it really is the kind of place that is more for kids than adults. My son absolutely loved it, so I was glad we went.

Hope this helps!

OK I need help with the rides at Sea World and Universal. I get motion sickness easily so I am not much of a rider but I would like to ride some things with my family and don't want to be embarassed. I'm 5'4' and heavyset generally wear a size 24. At Disney I ride Toy Story Mania, Great movie ride, muppets, dumbo, living with the land, small world, peter pan, jungle cruise, buzz space ranger spin, pooh, the carosel, gran fiesta tour, and the safari. Thats about it if that gives you a frame of reference. Will I have trouble riding the rides in Seuss Landing with my 6 year old? What about Shrek, Spiderman, the Harry Potter Train, or the Sea World rides?

OK I need help with the rides at Sea World and Universal. I get motion sickness easily so I am not much of a rider but I would like to ride some things with my family and don't want to be embarassed. I'm 5'4' and heavyset generally wear a size 24. At Disney I ride Toy Story Mania, Great movie ride, muppets, dumbo, living with the land, small world, peter pan, jungle cruise, buzz space ranger spin, pooh, the carosel, gran fiesta tour, and the safari. Thats about it if that gives you a frame of reference. Will I have trouble riding the rides in Seuss Landing with my 6 year old? What about Shrek, Spiderman, the Harry Potter Train, or the Sea World rides?
Sounds like we are similar in size, I went on everything I wanted to at Sea World with no problems. I did Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis, Antarctica Penguins, Wild Arctic,.....I think we did almost everything except the Sky Tower. I was a little nervous when we got close to Kraken because there were a number of signs about chest size. It turned out I was fine and could buckle on my own. One person in a row in front of me did need some help from the employees to do as was mentioned above, the squish and buckle. I did not need that and was fine. With all that said, I am not sure if Manta/Kraken would be the most ideal rides for you if you experience motion sickness easily. There are some videos online to watch that may help you with that decision though?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter