The Everything Happens for a Reason TR--Last Trip as a WDW CM*ONE MORE SLEEP! pg 25

I think we bought ours at Kmart...for some reason I don't think Target carried it when we bought it! But check there anyway...and I think Walmart would have it also!

Thanks so much! My kids love playing games although they also have huge 4 and 5 yr old egos and DO NOT like to lose and I don't mean they pout, some throw actual fits, it's crazy, sometimes we just sit and laugh at them!

Wow, that really was a terrible weekend! You all really made the best of it. Hopefully you are feeling better by now. Let's hope the trend of getting sick at amusement parks end here.:wizard:

Thanks! I woke up this morning and was sick (throwing up) most likely from all the coughing because it hasn't happened since. I'm laying low enjoying toast and tea that was from England in WS so hopefully I'll be okay go go to school tomorrow!

Hey there

I decided to come check out your pre trip, since you are now on mine :goodvibes

How exciting you did the CP at Disney and was able to stay seasonal for awhile.

That is so awesome that you have tried out almost all the resorts. :thumbsup2

My husband and I worked at Disney for one year to try it out, but could not survive with pay rate. But it sure was fun. My husband drove the monorail and I worked in toontown. This was in 99 and 2000.

Glad your ankle was okay and how awful you were so sick this weekend

Hope you are feeling better

Oh, how cool you are doing a disney lesson :wizard:

:welcome:

Thanks for reading!!!!! I can imagine it's hard to live off of the money. I was lucky and had tons of roommates my whole time there. Even if I was FT, it would be hard for me to live without roommates, cost of living is sooo much--how crazy right?!

Sorry your weekend wasn't so great. Unfortunately, it was probably the kids that gave it to you! I know the first week of school (which is next week for us) my kids always get me sick every year! :scared1: Hoping this year that won't be the case! We'll see!!!

Sorry your weekend wasn't so great. Unfortunately, it was probably the kids that gave it to you! I know the first week of school (which is next week for us) my kids always get me sick every year! :scared1: Hoping this year that won't be the case! We'll see!!!

It's crazy what you can catch from little monsters!!! I need to find a good, decent priced vitamin to hopefully keep from getting sick! I always get a flu shot every year and have not gotten the flu so I'll continue to get those!

It's funny how when I was in FL, I got sick only 4 times that being: sinus infection after the 1st month I was there, food poisoning (sadly from either Boma, Caseys, or LTT), pink eye from a princess at BBB I'm sure!, and bronchitis which was misdiagnosed in FL as a sinus infection and was diagnosed as bronchitis when I went home for a visit in early Jan. Crazy!!!

I'd gladly go back to FL to keep from getting sick like I do in the north!!!

Thanks for the well wishes :) I'm starting to feel a little bit better. I don't get any sick days from the school as it is a private childcare center :( so I'll have to go back tomorrow since I'll begin paying apt. rent starting Friday:scared1:

Hey I just thought I would pop out and say hi and that i'm sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope that you get better soon.

I'm glad to hear that you found another job but it is sad when you have to leave the most happiest place on Earth. :sad1: That's all my oldest 2 daughters talk about is trying to get into the Disney program. I told them they still have a few years to go before they can even try to get in.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Anyways...love to trip report...

No, haha. Dad is not paying for anything on the apt as far as rent or utilities. He had bought my bed set but that's it!!
He had the same doubts when I moved to FL. I'm pretty sure it's a classic case of daddy not wanting to let got because he did the same thing before I left in FL and 2 more times when I moved in FL to different places so I pretty much know how to deal with it by now haha. He is just a concerned father who always would tell me "when are you getting a job and moving out" and then when it happens he's always against it haha.

He's much more at ease now that my insurance was approved for a VERY cheap but good rate and I will have to budget like I did in FL but I should be fine because I don't have those FL/WDW temptations in Cincinnati!!

Thanks for reading!!!!!

:thumbsup2Sounds great and you are so right. Fathers never want their daughters to grow up!!

Hope you are feeling better!!:goodvibes What a disappointing weekend! Man your ankle, your bother getting hit with a golf cart and strep throat, ouch! Hope your DB is better also.

Looking forward to more!!

Woohoo another TR from you. Have to say I really enjoyed reading all about your CM days.Hope by now you are feeling better. Drawback of working with kids, they get something you get it, but they are fun to work with. Can't wait to read more.

Hey I just thought I would pop out and say hi and that i'm sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope that you get better soon.

I'm glad to hear that you found another job but it is sad when you have to leave the most happiest place on Earth. :sad1: That's all my oldest 2 daughters talk about is trying to get into the Disney program. I told them they still have a few years to go before they can even try to get in.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Anyways...love to trip report...

That is so cute that your DD's are interested in the program. I would tell anyone to do it!!! I've known some people that have done it every summer as college students! I would not change anything about it. I'm glad I waited until after I graduated to build my resume and gain more work experience!!

I can't wait to see your pics of your DDs animation!!

:thumbsup2Sounds great and you are so right. Fathers never want their daughters to grow up!!

Hope you are feeling better!!:goodvibes What a disappointing weekend! Man your ankle, your bother getting hit with a golf cart and strep throat, ouch! Hope your DB is better also.

Looking forward to more!!

Thanks for the well wishes!! Db is better. I saw the big gash on the side of his head next to his left eye. He's lucky that it wasn't any worse!!!

Woohoo another TR from you. Have to say I really enjoyed reading all about your CM days.Hope by now you are feeling better. Drawback of working with kids, they get something you get it, but they are fun to work with. Can't wait to read more.

:welcome: BACK!!!

Sorry for all the crazy CM posts and computer errors. Hopefully I have all the issues solved and if not, I'm not 6 states away to have Db fix it!!!

HI DIS!!!!

I'd just like to start out by saying thanks to all of you who gave me good health wishes!! I'd like to say they have 100% cured me, well the strep throat is gone as well as the high fevers but the Muscinex D seems to be making me feel worse :( I know it's supposed to help but geez going through 3 boxes of tissues in 4 days and coughing up lord knows what is just not cool, so I'm hoping this illness will take it's toll and be on it's way ASAP!!!

:thumbsup2: DISNEY NEWS!!!!!!!!

Well, since I was unable to bring up the WDW to my what seems to be uninterested family of Dm, Ddad, and Db, I took it upon my self and time spent in bed to begin crunching numbers for this and that of the trip. If you've noticed or not, I've taken trip A out of my siggie just pretty much because it's not going to happen. Db has finals Sat-Thurs of the following week so even if they are all "project" type communication things, I for one would not want to go to WDW the week before finals so we've pretty much written off trip A so any CMs looking for a Courtyard BB view for Dec 11-15 should be thanking me!

Some of the things I began to research for the trip include:
*past park hours from Dec '08
*MVMCP ticket prices/dates
*CLP dates and now the prices and price increases are now out and all I have to say about that is :scared1::eek::sad2:
*flights from Cincy to MCO for Ddad and I and Pittsburgh to MCO for Dm and Db
*Free Dining, is it worth it???

Throughout the next few days I will be posting on all of those and all my good and bad finds!!!

MY TITLE

In an attempt to get Ddad somewhat involved and interested, I mentioned to him last night that I had found some flights from Dayton (50 mins from apt) and Cincy (30 mins from apt) and if he was interested in them. He was sorta. The challenge for me is to find a Wed flight that is late enough that I wont have to miss out on work...well I found one. One-Delta leaves at 8:05 (non stop :cool1:) from Cincy and coming home I found 2 possibles for going home. A Delta that leaves MCO at 505 (non stop :cool1:) and Airtran from MCO to Dayton at 6:55 (non stop).

Prices are decent I guess...The Delta pkg was $230 but it's the times we would need/want and both flights are non stop to the closer airport. Airtran is cheaper but out of Dayton but they don't have a late flight out on Wed so it would have to be the 6am flight the next day :( which would be $165 for that package.

Dm usually flies Southwest out of Pittsburgh or Airtran, both of which have typically good times and cheap prices so she's a lucky ducky!

Dad was interested in the flights and mentioned about maybe using Delta points when he brought up the question I've been waiting for

...."MAYBE WE SHOULD US MARRIOTT POINTS, STAY OFF SITE ON WED AND USE THE AKL MONEY AND GET A RENTAL CAR FOR THE WEEK SO THAT WAY WE HAVE IT!!!"

so in my attempt to further his interest, I checked online rental car sites and the first three were over $300 for the 5 days :scared1: the last site I checked had a midsize for $165 for the week. Ddads response "that's not too bad." Not too bad when the Wed night at AKL is $185 so we shall see....

UP NEXT:
...IS FREE DINING WORTH IT?? ARE WE WILLING TO GIVE UP AKL FOR 2 ROOMS AT POP WITH FREE DINING?? :confused:
...WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Hey Dis!!

In between sleeping, taking my meds, and blowing my poor nose, I continued as much research on the Free Dining as I could and came up with a few questions that hopefully someone can answer!!

Question #1
When you booked your free dining through your TA like AAA or Disney, were you given a break down of the cost: Room is.., Tickets are.., Dining free.., upgrade is..??? or were you given just a total cost and paid the dep?

Question #2
When upgrading from QS DDP to regular DDP, I saw it was a $10 difference plus tax..is that correct or is there a hidden element in there somewhere?

Any help or advice would be great!

Hey Dis!!

In between sleeping, taking my meds, and blowing my poor nose, I continued as much research on the Free Dining as I could and came up with a few questions that hopefully someone can answer!!

Question #1
When you booked your free dining through your TA like AAA or Disney, were you given a break down of the cost: Room is.., Tickets are.., Dining free.., upgrade is..??? or were you given just a total cost and paid the dep?

Question #2
When upgrading from QS DDP to regular DDP, I saw it was a $10 difference plus tax..is that correct or is there a hidden element in there somewhere?

Any help or advice would be great!

I can help you with number two as we did that

It was an extra ten dollars per person, per day.

It was onl 2.99 for children. So for my family, it only cost us an extra 127 total to go from QS to Reg DP...totally worth it :thumbsup2

I can help you with number two as we did that

It was an extra ten dollars per person, per day.

It was onl 2.99 for children. So for my family, it only cost us an extra 127 total to go from QS to Reg DP...totally worth it :thumbsup2

Thank you so much!!

I guess the reason for question #1 is, a lot of times when you do pkg deals like that they just give you a total and don't break it down for you. I was able to put in a room at POP and get the amount for each day but on pkgs like that I'm not sure they do that, so I want to make sure to do my research and make sure they didn't jack up the room price to make up for the free dining :(

:wave2: Now that my report is done I finally got a chance to sit down and read through yours!

I'm so sorry you and your brother have had a run of bad luck with injuries and illnesses :sad2: but it sounds like you are on the mend.

Question #1

We originally booked our trip as a package online (directly through WDW) - although you end up getting just the final amount you can pretty much figure out what the "pieces" cost (although maybe its different if you're using other discounts) since you "build" the package. When the 'stay 4/get 3 free' came out I switched our reservation to be with that deal over the phone and the final cost come out to what I expected it to be based on what I thought each "piece" cost. I'm not sure if that helps or not - let me know if you need clarification on my rambling explanation!

:wave2: Now that my report is done I finally got a chance to sit down and read through yours!

I'm so sorry you and your brother have had a run of bad luck with injuries and illnesses :sad2: but it sounds like you are on the mend.

We originally booked our trip as a package online (directly through WDW) - although you end up getting just the final amount you can pretty much figure out what the "pieces" cost (although maybe its different if you're using other discounts) since you "build" the package. When the 'stay 4/get 3 free' came out I switched our reservation to be with that deal over the phone and the final cost come out to what I expected it to be based on what I thought each "piece" cost. I'm not sure if that helps or not - let me know if you need clarification on my rambling explanation!

Thanks!! I just want to make sure that when it comes to the room, I want to make sure that they don't rack up the room price to make up for free dining you know?? I've kind of already did the break down of what the package would be:

Dining Free

DDP upgrade 10 bucks x 4 x 5 days

1 day Ticket x 4

and then I guess what is left is the room which I've already found that price on WDW.com so maybe if I'm feeling up to it in a few days I'll call or stop at AAA on Saturday.

Thanks!

Ok...trying to answer the question...they don't actually give you a breakdown of the prices. But, nothing is discounted. i.e. if you are staying mod...Dec. 2-6...it is $149 / night (rack rate standard view), the price for tix is the same it would be if you bought them seperately and then tje dining is added on for free. If you upgrade, you just pay the difference from going to whatever level you are starting at to the next level up. We went from regular free dining to deluxe. It was $30/adult/day amd $10/kid/day. Not bad considering we got one more snack and two more TS meals each day.

Ok...trying to answer the question...they don't actually give you a breakdown of the prices. But, nothing is discounted. i.e. if you are staying mod...Dec. 2-6...it is $149 / night (rack rate standard view), the price for tix is the same it would be if you bought them seperately and then tje dining is added on for free. If you upgrade, you just pay the difference from going to whatever level you are starting at to the next level up. We went from regular free dining to deluxe. It was $30/adult/day amd $10/kid/day. Not bad considering we got one more snack and two more TS meals each day.

Thanks!!

I was able to go on wdw.com and do a quote a trip and recieved the total with the free dining and then went back and upgraded to the regular DDP and it added 100 extra (based on 2 adults in the room).

All in all, I think it would save but it might take some convincing to Ddad who has never stayed at a Value resort but personally, one AKL bb pool view room over 2 rooms, everyone gets their own bed (personally i like the FC better too!) it's a no brainer!

we shall see!!

HI FRIENDS!!!!

I hope everyone survived their Monday!!!

Thank you also for the well wishes. I finally called the clinic I went to on Friday and they called in a prescription for the horrid cough and I'm feeling much better and I'm school today (at lunch till 3 hehe :) )

I'm constantly telling the kids I have WDW surprises for them on Friday if they are good all week, we'll see how well the bribe works :laughing:
During story time, we will sometimes allow them to hold one of the schools stuffed animals so I had my mom bring me every mickey stuffed animal I had from WDW as another bribe :) How great am I?!:woohoo::yay:

....NOW ON WITH THE SHOW!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the help with the dining questions!!!!!!!!

I've taken the time on the WDW site and was able to do a trip quote with the free dining :cool1::thumbsup2 and then the updated dining :thumbsup2:cool1: and found the prices.

Pretty much it's weighing the pros and cons. In my next post, I'll do the numbers because I don't have them at school on the computer but for now, here's what I have....

FREE DINING PROS:
*2 rooms at POP=everyone has their own bed and 2 bathrooms :cool1:
*free dining and for $200 total we can upgrade to DDP for the 5 days which is what just CLP would cost for us to pay OOP (we want Teppan Edo tier 3)
*I've stayed at POP 4x and feel that the buses are much more reliable than AKL.
*I :love: the food court

AKL PROS:
*1/2 off the Pool View with Bunk Bed
*WONDERFUL Xmas decorations
*awesome pool but Dec weather can be iffy

FREE DINING CONS:
*Having to pay $84 plus change per person for a day ticket that we really don't need but could use the day we do MVMCP, last day at WDW, or a day we don't plan to hop.
*Convincing Ddad to stay at a Value since he has never stayed at one
*Convincing day it would be worth the extra $200 for the DDP upgrade
..but mainly it's hard to stomach the fact that we'd have to pay $336 for a days park ticket that we won't need.

AKL CONS:
*Paying OOP for EVERY MEAL without a discount. When free dining happens, WDW blocks all CM discounts on restaurants and my Tables in Wonderland/DDExperience Card has expired and I don't plan on paying $100+ to renew it with not living there anymore
*Paying OOP for CLP/show for tier 3 which is $200+ for the meal/show.
*AKL is further away so it would be harder for bus travel??
*Resort room is more expensive

If you ask me, I'd switch to Free Dining in a heartbeat!!!

We shall see...

UP NEXT:
FREE DINING VS CM DISCOUNT NUMBERS
AND
CAN I CONVINCE DDAD TO GO FROM A DELUXE TO A VALUE??!!!!

*STAY TUNED*!!!!!!

I'm sure that you can convince him to switch. It would save so much more money if you could. Your only in the room to sleep and that's it basically. I say go for POP dad and you wont be disappointed.:thumbsup2

I definitely think free dining makes the most sense

I hope you can convince your dad :thumbsup2

Hey Megan, followed you over from my TR. :wave2:

Thank you also for the well wishes. I finally called the clinic I went to on Friday and they called in a prescription for the horrid cough and I'm feeling much better and I'm school today (at lunch till 3 hehe :) )

Yuck, that doesn't sound fun at all! When I was student teaching I had a horrible cough that lasted for about 3 weeks. :sick: Glad you are feeling better though!

Congrats on your teaching job. I love how you bribe them with Disney stuff. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter