The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant....

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by mrsklamc, Dec 3, 2012.

1. crashbb

crashbb DIS Veteran

And you thought understanding who got to be called "Princess" was confusing.

I figured out who PW and KM are - but have no idea who "MM" is. Admittedly, I really only read the bolded line (the rest was to rambling to even bother trying).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

Let's discuss Kate's hair for a moment. It always looks as though she just walked out of the salon. Very healthy and beautiful without a hair out of place. Now, this lovely lady is expecting. Every expectant woman I have ever known has had incredibly beautiful hair. Something about the hormones and the prenatal vitamins. As such, we can only conclude that Kate's hair is going to get even more beautiful. I am also quite confident that she is going to be one of those expectant mothers whose body changes very little. One know the ones I am talking about. They look exactly the same, but like they have this little volleyball up their shirt. That will be her. I also see her and Will being much like Diana in that they want their child(ren) to know what it is like to live a normal life. They will be taken to McDonald's like Diana did with Will and Harry. When they visit WDW, they will stand in line just like all of us commoners. I'm really looking forward to seeing everything play out.

4. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 DIS Veteran

KM is Catherine PW is William and MM is the wonderful virginal Miss mystery that god was designing for William according to the nutcases.

:lmao:

5. Disney  Doll

Disney Doll DIS Security Matron

I have to think that it has to be very difficult to be married to Prince William. Think about it....your every move is watched, every time you step out of your house you are inundated with photographers, people criticizing your hair, your outfit, what you said, what you did. Your life is not your own. My thought is that the obvious financial/lifestyle perks might not be worth the headache of the rest of it.

So these kids went to college together, they dated for a number of years. She did a couple of professional things... I seem to recall photograpy and running a gallery of some sort then working for the family business....after college. Working for the family business was probably easier since it didn't necessarily involve having to leave the house all the time and deal with the photograpers, but of course, the drawback was no one saw her "going to work".

But I do think when one is dating/married to a future king, one's profession becomes being his girlfriend/wife. Is that good or bad? Well, I guess that depends on one's perspective, but in the Duchess' case, she seems to have decided that it was good. Comparison to Princess Diana...well, Diana worked in a nursey school until Charles proposed then she was whisked away to the Palace to learn how to be royal. The difference between a 19 year old kid & an almost 30 year old woman....

They seem to love each other. They seem to be well-connected in most of the photos I see of them. On their wedding day, I was pleased to see how solicitous Pirince William was of his bride...helping her in & out of the carriages, waiting for her, showing her the ropes, so to speak....very different from when his father married his mother, if one looks back on their wedding there are numerous times when Charles was barging off ahead leaving Diana to deal with getting herself around with her big dress. I just saw a different sense of connectedness between William and Catherine.

I wish them well. I especially wish her well because, despite the financial/lifestyle perks, I don't think it's an easy life.

6. Iforgetmypassword

Iforgetmypassword "I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Not sure if I should be :confused: :confused3

or :laughing::rotfl:

7. RitaE

RitaE DIS Veteran

Well, in the fine tradition of Henry VIII - Prince William can just divorce and marry at whim and still keep his place as future head of the Church of England. :laughing:

8. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 DIS Veteran

Henry VIII was the first head of the church of England, he became that because the catholic church wouldn't let him divorce his wife. This was needed as he needed a boy in these times a Queen had never happened and wasn't acceptable and the country couldn't afford another war of the roses, this caused mass starvation. Now back to the present, now two journalists thought it would be funny to make a prank call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5JQC8VNdw
    The nurse who got caught up in this has been found dead in a suspected suicide
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-cambridge-prank-call-found-dead-8393236.html
    Now she probably had problems but this obviously just pushed her over the edge its the saddest thing I have seen in a long time.

9. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

:eek:

Wow. Wonder if those DJ's will get fired? This is just awful.

10. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Just saw the breaking news, this is horrible. People don't think about the consequences of their "pranks".

11. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

The Pope would not allow an annulment because he was the prisoner of Catherine's nephew, Emperor Charles V. He was not in position to grant anything Charles did not favor.
    Henry VIII was a horrible person who forbade Catherine ever seeing their daughter, Mary, after she refused to give m a divorce. He had Anne Boleyn killed, got rid of Anne of Cleves because he didn't think she was pretty enough(weird because in paintings she looks prettier than any of the others) killed Katherine Howard cause she was an immoral woman who slept around, and was on the verge of ordering Katherine Parr killed. Jane Seymour, wife #3 who gave Henry his son was allowed to languish and die because of the delay in getting her the medical help she needed. I hope

12. DVCLiz

DVCLiz <font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t

Oh, my God, how horrific. This is just shocking - I am so very sad to see this tragic news.

13. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

IMO they should have been fired even before the suicide. They very publicly attempted to find out confidential (well in the US it's confidential anyway) medical information about someone who was ill. That's not ok, celebrity or otherwise.

14. MaryAnnDVC

MaryAnnDVC "Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

I agree.

15. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

I really hope they will be penalized for this. I'm pretty sure it is illegal to imitate anyone anyway and this could be considered as manslaughter by some. So very sad. The Royal family are so upset about it too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

16. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

Yes, it is totally confidential in the UK too, and people can lose their jobs or be punished for breaking patient confidentiality. What an idiotic thing they did. The Brits are so proud of the Royal family and would never do something so disrespectful. :( It would really have to be a foreigner who doesn't really respect confidentiality.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

17. Elinor Dashwood

Elinor Dashwood DIS Veteran

18. nmmom95

nmmom95 <font color=teal>I'm a pregnant lesbian in an inte

Morrissey was the lead singer for The Smiths. I was a huge fan in the 80's. Too bad he's an idiot.

19. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

Poor Kate is sick again and back in hospital.

20. shinysparklybubbles

shinysparklybubbles DIS Veteran

My girlfriend was hospitalized 29 times for it! She ended up with a pump for zofran (sp?). She swore she would never be pregnant again she was so miserable. It was awful.

21. Mickey'snewestfan

Mickey'snewestfan DIS Veteran

I'm surprised she's back in the hospital. From talking with my friend who had the same thing so badly, it seems like the treatment is mostly IV fluids and nutrients and medication. While most of us would need to go to the hospital for that, you'd think the Duchess could afford round the clock nursing and medical staff to allow her to be treated in the comfort of her own home. I would even imagine that cost wise it would cost less to have say 1 doctor and 1 nurse 24/7 than to have the dozens of security personnel they probably have at the hospital.