The dreaded "Walk of Shame"

Weird. Ending a vacation is DEFINITELY not what I think of as a walk of shame. To me, that's slinking home after a night of being where you shouldn't have been...usually in the clothes you were wearing the night before, though they're significantly rumpled and maybe not even all there anymore.

And I never thought of myself as that wild, but if ending a vacation is "shameful" to this group... Wowza.

It is definitely the "walk of sorrow". Walk of shame stuck to me because it had more to do with my story than anything else. But yes, being that I graduated from college I know the original meaning of "walk of shame". I simply made a "G" version out of it. :thumbsup2

I think the worst way to do it was the way I did it last time:

I had a purple inflamed swollen ankle from a fall the night before (yay alcohol and dehydration! That's a bad mix there!) and had to walk out. I had all my luggage (and because I'm awesome and fly Southwest it meant a lot of luggage) and zero bra (because once again alcohol and packing.... somehow my uncle told me to put away my clothes that I had left out to wear the next day and I packed my bra for the plane ride over), super Port Canaveral heat, and my uncle (because if you can't guess now he's not the hero of this story.) kept knocking his suitcases into my very swollen and painful ankle. Walking through the gangway, getting all the luggage from the place where customs is (which is like a dungeon. Not very Disney magical!), and schleping through the airport on a Disney hangover and a hurt ankle.... not amazing. Oh and because I was even more awesome going through security in the airport, I forgot I had my Key to the World card in my pocket and was irked that I had to take off the shoe that took me 20 minutes that morning to put on, so when they told me there was an anomaly and I'd need a pat down... well I lifted my shirt to what I thought was my tummy (where the yellow spot on the scanner was showing) Nope! A lot higher. A couple we met on Castaway Cay the day before was like "you looked so pissed off and irritated. The TSA just became the T and A."

That day was a big walk of shame "how not to go on a Disney vacation!" "how not to use your nursing judgement and forget the signs and symptoms of heat stroke!" :D

Talk about being a victim of Murphy's law. :blush:

OMG! I just read the opening post to DH and the first thing he told me was "the op is describing you"! Every night that goes by all I am doing is counting how many days we have left. I brush it off having fun each day, but as each day passes I too am telling my self "5 days left", 4 days left, and it only gets more depressing with each day that passes by!

Hahahaha! This post is great you nailed the cruise blues! We leave in 3 weeks and my sister will be joining us, her first Disney Cruise, in fat her first cruise! I am going to try to not depress her with my countdown. Al though I'm sure she is going to be having so much fun that it will hit her and she will do the same on her own account. :rotfl:

This thread is so funny.

Yep, I definitely have a different understanding of the term "walk of shame" but I get what the OP is saying. I now have a mental picture of someone sneaking out of a stateroom in the early morning still wearing the clothes from the night before though :rotfl2:

I do think "walk of sorrow" or "walk of sadness" fits better :lmao:
And I do the same thing as the OP. Right about the 1/2 point, I realize that the trip is 1/2 over and start saying to myself "but I still have 3 days...but I still have 2 days" and try to convince myself not to get sad because it is coming to an end. I want to enjoy every minute of it.

It does help to always have another trip planned. I have two cruises planned for 2014 already (one is just a 2-nighter), so that will help with my post-cruise blues next month. I will also book a dummy cruise while on board, just to make sure I have something ready for 2015 :thumbsup2

hahaha love this.:laughing:

I hate the "See ya real soon" sign! :furious:

I dread the last night of the cruise before we even leave for our cruise.:(

However my excitement and happiness outweigh my sadness and of course my cruise then flies by and we are disembarking. Just once I would love to walk off the ship and feel ready to be at home.:confused3

My vacation sadness always comes when turndown service leaves the gratuity envelopes on the bed. I know I will have to leave my beautiful ship soon. Plus the ginormous "see ya real soon" sign doesn't help....not soon enough, Mic...not soon enough.:sad:

I always have these boards to help with my excitement for the next cruise tho!::yes::

Yes. All of this. I spent months reading, posting, counting down. Then 8 glorious nights on the Magic. Now, sadness. I even tried to stay away from these boards because it was too depressing(that didn't work:rotfl:). I was good at not counting down on board until about day 6. One thing I will NOT miss is the 4 pounds I gained...lol. I even used the stairs most of the time. Darn drink of the days...lol. I MISS MY SHIP!!!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter