The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I have a standard view room booked for 2 adults and 3 small kids, so are hoping for a two queen room and will also need a pack and play and have a stroller. Does one tower have slightly larger rooms than another? I want to call and add these requests to our reservation.

I have a standard view room booked for 2 adults and 3 small kids, so are hoping for a two queen room and will also need a pack and play and have a stroller. Does one tower have slightly larger rooms than another? I want to call and add these requests to our reservation.

I think every tower has a mixture of bigger and smaller rooms, and It's just luck of the draw which one you get. I would put in a request for a two queen room with a sofa. These rooms tend to be bigger, and would fit your needs better. Plus the sofa turns into a bed which would be a nice option if you want to split up your kids.

We have booked a deluxe view. I'm wondering if it is worth the extra for premium view. Does anyone know what floor levels are considered deluxe?

I was upgraded to a deluxe room on my recent trip 12/10-12/13. I was in a King room in the Adventureland Tower on the 5th floor, room 2344. Right next to the elevator (and not noisy at all). I had an amazing view of the Pool.

Thanks , that would be just fine. This room is already a splurge and it would be good to not śpend and more!

Does anyone know what temp the pools are kept? My daughter and I are staying at DLH at the end of January and I know she is going to want to try out that slide!

Hi! We are looking to book a 2 BR suite in January 2016, probably the second week at some point. I wonder if anyone had any thoughts on how early I should book this to be safe? And when in January? One person in the party is a chef and his country club is closed until the 15th, so we should probably depart by the 13th. I'm sure these questions have been asked, but I can't search through the app. Thank you so much!

Ok, how about in general how far ahead would you book for the second week in January, no matter the room?

Hi! We are looking to book a 2 BR suite in January 2016, probably the second week at some point. I wonder if anyone had any thoughts on how early I should book this to be safe? And when in January? One person in the party is a chef and his country club is closed until the 15th, so we should probably depart by the 13th. I'm sure these questions have been asked, but I can't search through the app. Thank you so much!

I always book as soon as I know my dates of travel... Then I just keep checking for discounts :)

I always book as soon as I know my dates of travel... Then I just keep checking for discounts :)
Thank you! I'm trying to piece together when exactly that would be right now. Since it's not for a year it's hard to predict a lot of things.

When I talked to someone on the Disneyland website, she said there are no DTD views from DLH suites- just pool, trees, and parking lot. But I swear I've read there are suites with DTD views! And what is a tree view?

Is there currently construction/refurbs going on at the DLH? I came across a post that mentioned construction noise around the pool area, no hot water and rolling blackouts this week??? We are arriving tomorrow and I will be very upset if we have to deal with all of that, on top of all of the closures in the parks, after paying a fair amount to stay onsite over the race weekend. Please someone who is there now, tell me this is not happening at the hotel.

Is there currently construction/refurbs going on at the DLH? I came across a post that mentioned construction noise around the pool area, no hot water and rolling blackouts this week??? We are arriving tomorrow and I will be very upset if we have to deal with all of that, on top of all of the closures in the parks, after paying a fair amount to stay onsite over the race weekend. Please someone who is there now, tell me this is not happening at the hotel.

I tried goggling such things but couldn't find anything. Where was this posted by chance that you saw ? You could always call directly if there are standing concerns.

I'm not sure where you got this information but I have seen anything indicating that there is any construction going on now. The DLH just finished a major renovation and I was under the impression that next up was the GCH.

If you're truly concerned I would call the hotel directly.

I'm not sure where you got this information but I have seen anything indicating that there is any construction going on now. The DLH just finished a major renovation and I was under the impression that next up was the GCH. If you're truly concerned I would call the hotel directly.

Information was posted by someone currently there (or leaving today?) in the January planning thread.

Ah okay I saw that now thanks for pointing it out. It's unusual that it wasn't mentioned on the site as typically during construction hotels post something warning guests. I'm wondering if it was last minute, regardless I can understand how frustrating it could be for any guest not notified beforehand. Hopefully it's resolved quickly so all guests and the hotel can get back to normal operating procedures.
Maybe ask at check in to be away from the areas that are being worked on if possible. I do hope it works out for you.

FWIW I called the DLH to inquire about the blackouts/water/construction concerns for any concerned.
The cast member was very kind and apologetic and was aware of the items referenced. He stated that the blackouts were finished and certainly not planned - it was part of maintenance that had to be done asap. and said it was over ( hopefully this is accurate for you too).

He did say that the other construction is regarding safety railings so I am assuming that is part of the OSHA thing that obviously has to be done but couldn't promise a completion date. I hope this helps others and hoping it doesn't impact people too much.

My TA says that there is a $17/day parking fee charge for the DLH which is an additional fee on top of the package price they have quoted me. In the OP, it states that there is a $15/day resort fee (which includes, parking, wifi, etc). Does anyone know which of these is true?

My TA says that there is a $17/day parking fee charge for the DLH which is an additional fee on top of the package price they have quoted me. In the OP, it states that there is a $15/day resort fee (which includes, parking, wifi, etc). Does anyone know which of these is true?

We were just there in February and we just paid to park. I do not believe there was any kind of resort fee. We had a lump sum for the room and wireless was included in that fee since there was noting other than parking and taxes broken out on our bill for the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter